New coach

146,987 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
Monywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spyderman said:

Would Sarloos follow JS perhaps?
Not likely. Mosiello will and he's the one who runs practices.
powerbelly
AG
agcrock2005 said:

powerbelly said:

agcrock2005 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He turned down Rice a few years ago.
Damn! Dude's wife must really like Ft. Worth!

Rice isn't the job it once was.
Was it a "few years ago" though? I really don't know but I remember Rice being a powerhouse a decade ago. When did that change?
No. I would say the admin completely stopped supporting baseball four or five years before Graham's contract was not renewed.
20ag07
agcrock2005 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He turned down Rice a few years ago.
Damn! Dude's wife must really like Ft. Worth!
They just in Dec sold the $1.2M house they bought from del Conte so they could buy the $1.8M house exactly 2 doors down, so they seem pretty settled.
85AustinAg
AG
Read good things about Mosiello.
Monywolf
I'm excited for Aggie baseball when we get them both.
JohnnieBB
AG
To Luke,
I have been around baseball probably more than you are old. And I do know the process! My post was to be a bit funny. I know for a fact that Bjork has been talking to coaches. I do not expect an announcement until after the CWS.
I am not a big fan of Schloss, I do like Vitello but, I think he will stay at Tenn b/c they will end up paying him big bucks if he gets to the CWS. Might get Godwin or Elander (Tenn hitting/asst coach). Either way going to be interesting.
Farmer1906
AG
I am going to have to disagree. It will happen soon. It will be Schloss.
vander54
S
Almost guaranteed it will be Schloss. Just waiting on the offical word
Maroon Elephant
AG
Wait are you saying that you think UT's hitting coach is an actual candidate for our job?
TempleAg97
AG
Just received my text from TexAgs that we have a new coach. Let the Schlossnagle era begin!!!
Chrundle the Great
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I am going to have to disagree. It will happen soon. It will be Schloss.

Very soon
TxA&Mhunter
AG
You might have been around baseball along time...
But it ain't like it used to be....
JohnnieBB
AG
You are correct Hunter, it just ain't what it use to be -- nothing is!!!!
It is amazing how many coaches nowadays say " I am not leaving" and then all of a sudden boom "Money talks"!
I wish Schloss the best and he has an impressive coaching record. Let's hope he will continue here at TAMU.
twk
AG
JohnnieBB said:

It is amazing how many coaches nowadays say " I am not leaving" and then all of a sudden boom "Money talks"!
I wish Schloss the best and he has an impressive coaching record. Let's hope he will continue here at TAMU.
My guess is that you will find that TCU was willing to pay him as much as we are. What they couldn't do was commit the money to improve their facilities to match what we have now, much less what we'll have after the next round of improvements.
2020P.O.
twk said:

JohnnieBB said:

My guess is that you will find that TCU was willing to pay him as much as we are. What they couldn't do was commit the money to improve their facilities to match what we have now, much less what we'll have after the next round of improvements.

When are those improvements supposed to beginthis summer?
twk
AG
2020P.O. said:

twk said:

JohnnieBB said:

When are those improvements supposed to beginthis summer?
I can't see anything major happening this year. Probably after next season.
Sq 17
twk said:

JohnnieBB said:

I doubt TCU was willing to sign him to as long of a deal as we are offering
What say you Texags
How long will the deal be for ?

I say it will be 7 or 8 years , I don't think he would have signed a 5 year deal
vander54
S
I've seen others say 7 years worth $1.7M-$1.75M a year
World's worst proofreader
TxA&Mhunter
AG
This is correct, And Tadlock was headed here's till they matched money with lifetime contract....
Sq 17
Yes tceh matched & a few posters (who were accused of having bas) knew tceh would do whatever was required to keep Tadlock
JohnnieBB
AG
As I said before, I was selfish and I wanted Tim Tadlock however, that is gone and I wish Schloss the best while he is here. Hopefully he can recruit good kids with good parents like the ones we have now. In recruiting you have to recruit the mother of the kid the most.

I am already looking forward to next year and the following 4 years. You got to give him 4 years to recruit the players that he likes/needs.

Wonder if he will keep Hutch???

Hopefully, Schloss will have something like RC did with the Dugout Club. I really enjoyed going to those lunches and talking to the players, except for the Levy food. The first one at the Rec Center was great. I will try and put a bug in his ear.
ftworthag02
AG
Not sure about the luncheons but you should look into his first pitch banguets at the Omni. Top notch and they raised a ton of money for the program.
Post removed:
by user
BQ_90
AG
JohnnieBB said:

As I said before, I was selfish and I wanted Tim Tadlock however, that is gone and I wish Schloss the best while he is here. Hopefully he can recruit good kids with good parents like the ones we have now. In recruiting you have to recruit the mother of the kid the most.

I am already looking forward to next year and the following 4 years. You got to give him 4 years to recruit the players that he likes/needs.

Wonder if he will keep Hutch???

Hopefully, Schloss will have something like RC did with the Dugout Club. I really enjoyed going to those lunches and talking to the players, except for the Levy food. The first one at the Rec Center was great. I will try and put a bug in his ear.
The Dugout Club predated Childress. I can't imagine why it wouldn't continue

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.