New coach

147,227 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sandman98 said:

That shouldn't be your concern considering that's only two years of missing Omaha (18/19). They didn't have a CWS last year.

My biggest concern for our next coach is expectations like this.
Asking questions =/= setting crazy expectations.

2018 ~.500 record and missed regionals
2019 ~.550 record and invited to regionals and losing in Regional Finals to Arkansas at Arkansas

It is worth determining more about these years (injuries, etc) to get a full picture.
Sandman98
AG
powerbelly said:

Sandman98 said:

That shouldn't be your concern considering that's only two years of missing Omaha (18/19). They didn't have a CWS last year.

Power belly to the rescue. I should have ignored language like "long drought" and "get his mojo back" because it was framed as a question.
powerbelly
AG
Sandman98 said:

powerbelly said:

Sandman98 said:

Power belly to the rescue. I should have ignored language like "long drought" and "get his mojo back" because it was framed as a question.
Sorry for trying to have a discussion on a discussion board.
hunter2012
AG
No matter who the coach is I think Childress will have spoiled us on a high floor. There is going to be some doomsday threads here when our coach has a hiccup season.
85AustinAg
AG
My only expectation and concern is to that we get the best coach that we can. Trying to discuss different coaches track record. Why so dramatic? I'm not going to be disappointed if we get Schlossnagle but what happened in 2018 and 2019 when his teams went 33-23 and 34-28 are at least worth pointing out and discussing.
Sandman98
AG
85AustinAg said:

My only expectation and concern is to that we get the best coach that we can. Trying to discuss different coaches track record. Why so dramatic? I'm not going to be disappointed if we get Schlossnagle but what happened in 2018 and 2019 when his teams went 33-23 and 34-28 are at least worth pointing out and discussing.

That's a different conversation. I reacted to a post that hinted at lost mojo and a long drought in reference to Omaha trips.

I don't even want Schloss so feel free to chip away at everything else.
W
AG
perhaps the more immediate question...

if LSU wins Thursday night...does the athletic department start (or continue) developing some kind of farewell tribute / presentation for Saturday's game?
ColoradoMooseHerd
W said:

if LSU wins Thursday night...does the athletic department start (or continue) developing some kind of farewell tribute / presentation for Saturday's game?

Would never happen unless he announces he is stepping down
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

What makes you think they haven't already done so?
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Sq 17
Seems unlikely that he gets fired until the season is done andEven if we lose Thursday I don't think we are mathematically eliminated until we lose Two games
W
AG
yes, that's part of the quandary.

the earliest A&M could be eliminated from Hoover is Friday (game 2)...and there might not be enough time after that
Gomer95
AG
I'm assuming that once he's been let go then we will all have to wait until the next coach is finished with postseason play before anything is announced for a replacement so let's hope Texags doesn't freak out too much if it's a deep run by said next coach. (doubtful Texags doesn't freak out lol)
hunter2012
AG
W said:

the earliest A&M could be eliminated from Hoover is Friday (game 2)...and there might not be enough time after that
Enough time for what? the coaches on the wish list are still going to be playing ball well into June.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Aforementioned tribute for rc

I'm calling no in game tribute now, I think he'll get a "farewell" tweet.
TXAggie2011
AG
W said:

"Quandary?" You're talking about this as if anyone else actually cares whether he gets a tribute video.
EMY92
AG
Gomer95 said:

I'm assuming that once he's been let go then we will all have to wait until the next coach is finished with postseason play before anything is announced for a replacement so let's hope Texags doesn't freak out too much if it's a deep run by said next coach. (doubtful Texags doesn't freak out lol)
I realize that you're a newby, since you've only been around since 2003, but you really should know better.

Texags will freak out if Childress isn't fired on the big screen after Saturday's game, even though the contract is expiring.
Serious Lee
they probly arent even going to announce his departure until hes found another job.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

they probly arent even going to announce his departure until hes found another job.

Texags will melt when that takes a week+
Mark Fairchild
AG
Give credit where credit is due. There are people on this site that know about baseball and how all of this works. If you learn anything about baseball, it's that virtue called "PATIENCE"!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
W
AG
if I recall correctly from 2005...

the biggest freak-outs will come from the former players
Gomer95
AG
I know but that was my wishful thinking out loud lol.
Sandman98
AG
W said:

if I recall correctly from 2005...

the biggest freak-outs will come from the former players

Yes. Just like every other time a successful and long tenured coach is let go in any sport. "Freak out" is a fun choice of words.
ftworthag02
AG
Tadlock getting $12.5 million team facility improvements
[url] [/url]
Sq 17
I expect at least a couple of guys will Rick Barnes as soon as the vacancy is official
Chrundle the Great
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Tadlock getting $12.5 million team facility improvements
[url] [/url]

Dislike.
agforlife97
AG
Faustus said:

85AustinAg said:

Schlossnagle - .673 winning percentage, 770-374.

NCAA Regionals every year since 2002 (first year as UNLV Head Coach) except for 2002 (UNLV), 2013, and 2018 (TCU).

CWS in 2010, 2014. 2015, 2016, 2017 (All at TCU). 5 CWS appearances in 18 years of Head Coaching.
By my rough count it appears he's won more games than he's lost (11-10) at the CWS during those five appearances (the only times TCU has ever been to the CWS).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCU_Horned_Frogs_baseball
He's won more games and appeared in more games at the CWS than A&M has in its entire program history. They have a solid chance to make it back this year I think. It's a no brainer and it's very likely he's our next coach.
Maroon Elephant
AG
$12.5 million isn't much and they need to spend twice that to improve the dumpster they are playing in. That said, it may be enough to keep him there.
2020P.O.
agforlife97 said:

Faustus said:

85AustinAg said:

NCAA Regionals every year since 2002 (first year as UNLV Head Coach) except for 2002 (UNLV), 2013, and 2018 (TCU).

CWS in 2010, 2014. 2015, 2016, 2017 (All at TCU). 5 CWS appearances in 18 years of Head Coaching.
By my rough count it appears he's won more games than he's lost (11-10) at the CWS during those five appearances (the only times TCU has ever been to the CWS).

He's won more games and appeared in more games at the CWS than A&M has in its entire program history. They have a solid chance to make it back this year I think. It's a no brainer and it's very likely he's our next coach.

"Likely"....? It'd take pretty close to twice what RC makes for starters, but he's got a better program, better stadium, better facilities, not sure about a buyout - but a commitment for upgrades to facilities/stadium will be part of the asking price. That's a LOT of dough to say "likely"....unless you have an inside track to some info.
twk
AG
Lupton is not better than Olsen. Not that this is particularly important as it pertains to hiring a new coach, but let's not get sloppy in the discussion
ensign_beedrill
AG
Lupton is not a better stadium than Olsen.
powerbelly
AG
twk said:

Lupton is not better than Olsen. Not that this is particularly important as it pertains to hiring a new coach, but let's not get sloppy in the discussion

People are going too hard in the other direction to not seem like unrealistic fans.
Sq 17
Maroon Elephant said:

$12.5 million isn't much and they need to spend twice that to improve the dumpster they are playing in. That said, it may be enough to keep him there.
Given how social media rollouts are engineered , this is probably the first ( and smallest ) announcement that tceh has this week.
hunter2012
AG
powerbelly said:

twk said:

People are going too hard in the other direction to not seem like unrealistic fans.

Welcome to texags, where our opponents have gold gilded stadiums and we're playing in a drifter camp.
dermdoc
AG
2020P.O. said:

agforlife97 said:

Faustus said:

85AustinAg said:

"Likely"....? It'd take pretty close to twice what RC makes for starters, but he's got a better program, better stadium, better facilities, not sure about a buyout - but a commitment for upgrades to facilities/stadium will be part of the asking price. That's a LOT of dough to say "likely"....unless you have an inside track to some info.

Have you been to Lupton?

Even once?

Have you been to Blue Bell?

Once?

No trolling on this forum please
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
2020P.O.
We'll see what happens unfortunately

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.