New coach

147,206 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
L8HIT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From who or how do university ADs get a coaching list of coaches to hire? The list of coaches you guys have listed is just impressive, some serious college baseball knowledge for sure.

TIA
Spyderman
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

OldSaltAg said:

Why would we hire a pitching coach from the BDF conference? We're in the big leagues here. This isn't some mickey mouse conference.

keep thinking this and take Schloss instead. I'd love to just promote Sarloos.
Thoughts on Jim? End of the service cycle perhaps? A&M should go in another direction?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Macarthur
Spyderman said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

OldSaltAg said:

Why would we hire a pitching coach from the BDF conference? We're in the big leagues here. This isn't some mickey mouse conference.

keep thinking this and take Schloss instead. I'd love to just promote Sarloos.
Thoughts on Jim? End of the service cycle perhaps? A&M should go in another direction?

I do know there are some Frogs that would consider Saarloos a bigger loss than Schloss.
swimmerbabe11
My understanding is that he is ready to move on and have a change in scenery. I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there and I would be happy to see what Sarloos does in the HC position.

The 2 year slump has much to do with personal things going on in his life from what I have heard.

Lots of rumor mill stuff though.
twk
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

My understanding is that he is ready to move on and have a change in scenery. I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there and I would be happy to see what Sarloos does in the HC position.

The 2 year slump has much to do with personal things going on in his life from what I have heard.

It's a bit of a Jimbo Fisher situation. I think Schloss is probably leaving, whether it's for A&M or elsewhere, and I would assume that Saarloos will take the TCU job.
OldSaltAg
I have a feeling if Schloss were to leave TCU that Aggieland would be an ideal destination for him. It's a great, friendly, supportive community for him to start fresh. Where else can he find a place that has all those qualities?
TXAggie2011
AG
OldSaltAg said:

I have a feeling if Schloss were to leave TCU that Aggieland would be an ideal destination for him. It's a great, friendly, supportive community for him to start fresh. Where else can he find a place that has all those qualities?
How many folks on here have said they don't like and don't want him?
ftworthag02
AG
Not that we're going to get him but here's some good info on schloss
https://conferenceusa.com/news/2003/7/9/Schlossnagle_Named_Baseball_Coach_at_TCU.aspx?
agcrock2005
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Not that we're going to get him but here's some good info on schloss
https://conferenceusa.com/news/2003/7/9/Schlossnagle_Named_Baseball_Coach_at_TCU.aspx?
I was still at A&M when that article was written...
Spyderman
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Its a positive that the frogs have "rebounded" this year. I think it will end up being him or Tenn coach. I like the fact the Tenn coach has lots of "Big league" (SEC) experience and might go that direction, but I aint the AD.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
12thMan9
AG
Such place doesn't exist in the eyes of many TexAgs posters.
Ronnie '88
AggieFrog
AG
If Schloss is hired, let's be sure not to schedule K-State (TCU gave up a 7 spot in the bottom of the 9th Saturday night to lose the outright Big 12 title and is now losing 4-0 to K-State in the 1st).
Spyderman
AG
AggieFrog said:

If Schloss is hired, let's be sure not to schedule K-State (TCU gave up a 7 spot in the bottom of the 9th Saturday night to lose the outright Big 12 title and is now losing 4-0 to K-State in the 1st).
Vitello is the MAN.

The greater good?
twk
AG
Spyderman said:

AggieFrog said:

Vitello is the MAN.
For what it's worth, the LSU insiders that claimed LSU was approaching O'Sullivan now say that isn't happening, and that the next two targets are Schlossnagle and Godwin. No mention of Vitello on LSU's candidate list, which I found interesting.
BQ_90
AG
AggieFrog said:

seems like I got a 7 day ban questioning sending a running home by mark johnson against KSU. I hate KSU baseball. And the threshold of getting a ban sure has dropped

not that any of this has anything to do with what you posted other than KSU
TAM85
Godwin may be a good fit for LSU. He coached there years ago.

Still don't want Schloss. But would interview Vitello, Bakich and Jarrett. If all the interviews were the same, that may be my preferences in order.
Spyderman
AG
twk said:

Spyderman said:

AggieFrog said:

Vitello is the MAN.
For what it's worth, the LSU insiders that claimed LSU was approaching O'Sullivan now say that isn't happening, and that the next two targets are Schlossnagle and Godwin. No mention of Vitello on LSU's candidate list, which I found interesting.
Very interesting

The greater good?
aggiemom2001
The Aggies should look at Casey Dunn from Samford in Birmingham. His teams consistently outperform. He is from a legendary baseball family and was a star at Auburn.
Old Sarge
AG
Gotta bad feelin' were gonna be getting a wet teddybear from a street vendor that sells things out of the normal.
agcrock2005
AG
Old Sarge said:

Gotta bad feelin' were gonna be getting a wet teddybear from a street vendor that sells things out of the normal.
Why? You do know that most of the good coaches are still coaching their teams right?
85AustinAg
AG
Nah its much easier to be doom and gloom than to try and understand the timing of the hire.
Agsncws
AG
I dont think anyone knows anything, but Im actually encouraged that there has been radio-silence on the "not interested" replies since Schloss. Schloss may or may not be in, but there are a number of good candidates who have not even bothered to make a public denial yet.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Sq 17
I think UT is going to have to get creative to keep Vitello, he has not been there that long , he is due a large raise and the Ags and possibly LSU could make it even more expensive to keep him.
Ray Baker

Sounds like Mainieri's announcement is coming today.
twk
AG
Ray Baker said:

Sounds like Mainieri's announcement is coming today.
Have to make the announcement now so that they can get the sympathy of the committee and not end up on the wrong side of the bubble.
ftworthag02
AG
I'm thinking woodward is going to get Vitello
twk
AG
ftworthag02 said:

I'm thinking woodward is going to get Vitello
Possibly, but Kevin O'Sullivan or Jim Schlossnagle would be more his style.
ftworthag02
AG
why would they go to lsu? change of scenery? I would think it wouldn't be a pay raise. Sullivan has a brand new stadium. Schloss could definitely use a new stadium.
twk
AG
ftworthag02 said:

why would they go to lsu? change of scenery? I would think it wouldn't be a pay raise. Sullivan has a brand new stadium. Schloss could definitely use a new stadium.
Both have personal reasons for wanting a change of scenery. I will be surprised if Schlossnagle is at TCU next year. O'Sullivan, I'm less sure about.
AggieFrog
AG
ftworthag02 said:

I don't see TCU replacing Lupton anytime soon. It's a pretty good stadium as it is. I also don't think TCU will be heartbroken if Schloss leaves so long as Saarloos is the next coach.
cypress-ag
AG
Mainierri will be reassigned for health reasons and that allows him to coach IF LSU gets a berth in the NCAA tourney. Allows him to save face.
TXAggie2011
AG
LSU might be the best baseball job in the country. The expectations don't get any higher, but I don't think Schlossnagle or O'Sullivan would shy away for that reason.

O'Sullivan certainly already has one of the top jobs in the country. Schloss has more reasons to leave TCU for LSU.
dermdoc
AG
The timing to me tells me that we are in competition for the same guy(s). And they do not want us to get a leg up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
dermdoc said:

The timing to me tells me that we are in competition for the same guy(s). And they do not want us to get a leg up.
Agree. I would bet we have almost identical lists.
cypress-ag
AG
Wonder if LSU would dip back to LSU for Link Garret if they fail to get O Sullivan or Schloss?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.