New coach

147,222 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tech is about to announce an extension for Tadlock.
greg.w.h
AG
Better cut that off like Texas did with Beard.
Capt. America
AG
WELP
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article251639948.html
Sq 17
Schloss goes full Rick Barnes
Capt. America
AG
Schloss and Tadlock already off the table. Not a good look Ross.
GoodAg21
Kendall Rogers said to ignore that report in premium board.
powerbelly
AG
Capt. America said:

Schloss and Tadlock already off the table. Not a good look Ross.
Schloss's answer in no way takes him off the table. History is full of coaches making the same comment during a season only to move as soon as the season ended.

Why not wait for the process to shake out before acting like the sky is falling.
Sq 17
Wicked Good Ag said:

Sq 17 said:

Sq 17 said:

Maroon Elephant said:

$12.5 million isn't much and they need to spend twice that to improve the dumpster they are playing in. That said, it may be enough to keep him there.
Given how social media rollouts are engineered , this is probably the first ( and smallest ) announcement that tceh has this week.
If the Kendall Rogers tweet is correct then the $12.5 million announcement was just the appetizer and the entree is the new multi year deal
what is the dessert?
Big raises for his staff
Luke The Drifter
AG
I don't know who we'll end up getting, but ultimately the only thing that will deeply disappoint me would be to see all of the high profile candidates around the country end up with big pay raises because of us and we end up getting an unproven dude to lead the program. Maybe it works out with the up-and-comer, maybe it doesn't.

Either way, we've seen this movie before when we hired Childress and...despite having some great years in the middle...I'm not interested in watching this movie again.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Capt. America
AG
I'm not opposed to Schloss by any means. I'm just curious how this is going to play out. It's the waiting that sucks.
agcrock2005
AG
Fury_239 said:

Kendall Rogers said to ignore that report in premium board.
His tweets are still up so how does that work?

Capt. America
AG
I'd say Tadlock is off more so than Schloss.
twk
AG
Schloss says he's not interested.

Tadlock actually gets a raise and extension.

Two very different items of information.
OnlyForNow
AG
So it's a bust then.
TAM85
dermdoc said:

I like Bakich at Michigan.
Maybe, ... even though he lost 2 of 3 at home to Maryland this weekend.
ftworthag02
AG
Wouldn't the announcement come after this particulars coaches team is finished w/ the postseason , assuming they're in the post season?
agcrock2005
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Wouldn't the announcement come after this particulars coaches team is finished w/ the postseason , assuming they're in the post season?
That's why I don't think Schloss has shut us down. He's damn sure not going to talk about it right before their postseason begins.
AggieFrog
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Correct.

Hate to see Tadlock off the table, but he wasn't my #1 favorite anyway. I'd rather have someone with experience in the SEC (Vitello).
TAM85
Ok Derm. I will go with Bakich. My three interviews would be Vitello, Jarrett and Bakich.
MadDog73
AG
dermdoc said:

I thought you liked the ND coach. I am so confused!
MadDog73
AG
No love for Bolt? He won the Big 10 regular season.
85AustinAg
AG
Aren't Link Jarrett and Eric Bakich a bit unproven at this point? OR are you saying we are going to strike out on all of the upper echelon guys and these will be left available?
powerbelly
AG
85AustinAg said:

Aren't Link Jarrett and Eric Bakich a bit unproven at this point? OR are you saying we are going to strike out on all of the upper echelon guys and these will be left available?
Bakich has a good pedigree and took Michigan to the CWS finals. That is pretty solid.
Sq 17
Pretty sure Jarrett is being successful playing an ACC schedule so that counts, Bakich yeah B1G hard to say that he is a proven commodity
96ags
AG
MadDog73 said:

dermdoc said:

I thought you liked the ND coach. I am so confused!

I think it is a big risk taking someone who's success has been up north. Time will tell though.

I guess the good thing about hiring Bakich is that he'd quite *****ing about moving the season back.
TAM85
Sq 17 said:

Pretty sure Jarrett is being successful playing an ACC schedule so that counts, Bakich yeah B1G hard to say that he is a proven commodity
Getting Michigan to the College World Series and being named NCBWA National Coach of the Year makes me feel okay about that. He was a very good recruiter at Vandy, so he has seen the SEC up close.

I like that he is 42 and think that is a good age for a coach to look for a big opportunity where he intends stay long term and establish his program.

He needs to decide if he wants to stay in the B10 and have job security playing about .600 ball or whether he wants to jump off the porch and mix it up with the big dogs. I suspect he would choose the later if given the opportunity.
dermdoc
AG
TAM85 said:

Ok Derm. I will go with Bakich. My three interviews would be Vitello, Jarrett and Bakich.

Throw in the East Carolina guy and you may be spot on.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SchizoAg
AG
dermdoc said:

SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

You realize that he has to be good teams in Omaha to have wins there right? how many times did he beat us to go?
This nonsense about his schedule is rubbish... He gets some scholarship help but at the end of the day acting like he's a bad hire is just flat out ignorant and shows that some people don't know jack about baseball.
TCU beat us by razor-thin margins those two years, one of which they were the beneficiary of Eric Hyman being our AD while favoring TCU on the selection committee . Flip those outcomes, and Childress then has more CWS appearances than him. I liked our chances in Omaha both of those years.

There is way too much luck (especially due to the notoriously fickle and arbitrary selection committee) in college baseball to say Schlossnagle is clearly better than Childress.

(However, as I've said, I don't think we can get anyone clearly better than Childress. I expect our program to get worse.)
May I ask why?
Why what? There aren't any possible candidates who are both (1) clearly better than Childress and (2) available to us. We are rolling the dice, and I don't like the odds.
twk
AG
Quote:

Why what? There aren't any possible candidates who are both (1) clearly better than Childress and (2) available to us. We are rolling the dice, and I don't like the odds.
Rob is a fine man, but he's been on a downward trajectory since 2016. Doing better than we've done for the last five seasons isn't a terribly high bar to clear.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
This is the biggest rubbish I've seen in a while...The reality is that rob hasn't recruited Houston well in almost 5 years... For our program to be super successful we have to have a strong presence in and around Houston metroplex ...

SchizoAg
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

This is the biggest rubbish I've seen in a while...The reality is that rob hasn't recruited Houston well in almost 5 years... For our program to be super successful we have to have a strong presence in and around Houston metroplex ...
$1000 says that our record over the next 5 years will be worse in percentage terms than our record in Childress' last 5.

($1000 five years from now will be worth about 35 cents in today's money, but that's neither here nor there.)
TXAggie2011
AG
SchizoAg said:

dermdoc said:

SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

You realize that he has to be good teams in Omaha to have wins there right? how many times did he beat us to go?
This nonsense about his schedule is rubbish... He gets some scholarship help but at the end of the day acting like he's a bad hire is just flat out ignorant and shows that some people don't know jack about baseball.
TCU beat us by razor-thin margins those two years, one of which they were the beneficiary of Eric Hyman being our AD while favoring TCU on the selection committee . Flip those outcomes, and Childress then has more CWS appearances than him. I liked our chances in Omaha both of those years.

There is way too much luck (especially due to the notoriously fickle and arbitrary selection committee) in college baseball to say Schlossnagle is clearly better than Childress.

(However, as I've said, I don't think we can get anyone clearly better than Childress. I expect our program to get worse.)
May I ask why?
When you're routinely on the winning side of the razor thin margins, its not luck.
powerbelly
AG
SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

$1000 says that our record over the next 5 years will be worse in percentage terms than our record in Childress' last 5.

($1000 five years from now will be worth about 35 cents in today's money, but that's neither here nor there.)
This is a weird bet. Teams don't play for best winning percentage.
TXAggie2011
AG
And I do agree to the extent that there is hardly a guarantee we'll be better than we were. We're taking a chance.

But if you want to win big but your current guy isn't winning big, you have to eventually take a chance.
TheAngelFlight
TXAggie2011 said:

SchizoAg said:

dermdoc said:

SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

May I ask why?
When you're routinely on the winning side of the razor thin margins, its not luck.
Ding ding ding

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.