New coach

147,235 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
Warsteiner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SchizoAg said:

Grown Pear said:

SchizoAg said:

powerbelly said:

SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

This is the biggest rubbish I've seen in a while...The reality is that rob hasn't recruited Houston well in almost 5 years... For our program to be super successful we have to have a strong presence in and around Houston metroplex ...
$1000 says that our record over the next 5 years will be worse in percentage terms than our record in Childress' last 5.

($1000 five years from now will be worth about 35 cents in today's money, but that's neither here nor there.)
This is a weird bet. Teams don't play for best winning percentage.
Okay, how about CWS trips? $1000 says we'll have fewer CWS trips in the next 5 years than in Childress' last 5.

The past vs. the future doesn't matter.

The correct question would be "Who takes us to more CWS trips or farther in those CWS trips over the next 5 years? 10 years?"

Now I get that's impossible to answer but that's what you're trying to answer by (A) extending the Coach you currently have or (B) hire a new Coach to lead you going forward.

If new coach gets us to 1 CWS trip the next 5 years and Childress would have gotten us 0, new coach all else equal was the right move. If new coach gets us 1 CWS trip and Childress would have gotten us 2, new coach all else equal was the wrong move. Extrapolate from there.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. I'm saying that no matter who we hire (among the available candidates that we actually can hire), the likelihood is that they'll be no better than Childress during his worst 5-year stretch. Hence I would keep Childress.

$1000 says we'll have fewer CWS trips in the next 5 years than in Childress' last 5.

Geez dude. You kin to RC?
It's time to move on. He didn't get it done. Maybe the next coach does. Maybe he doesn't. Can't be scared of change.
Aggies2009
AG
Warsteiner said:

SchizoAg said:

Grown Pear said:

SchizoAg said:

powerbelly said:

SchizoAg said:

TxA&Mhunter said:

This is the biggest rubbish I've seen in a while...The reality is that rob hasn't recruited Houston well in almost 5 years... For our program to be super successful we have to have a strong presence in and around Houston metroplex ...
$1000 says that our record over the next 5 years will be worse in percentage terms than our record in Childress' last 5.

($1000 five years from now will be worth about 35 cents in today's money, but that's neither here nor there.)
This is a weird bet. Teams don't play for best winning percentage.
Okay, how about CWS trips? $1000 says we'll have fewer CWS trips in the next 5 years than in Childress' last 5.

The past vs. the future doesn't matter.

The correct question would be "Who takes us to more CWS trips or farther in those CWS trips over the next 5 years? 10 years?"

Now I get that's impossible to answer but that's what you're trying to answer by (A) extending the Coach you currently have or (B) hire a new Coach to lead you going forward.

If new coach gets us to 1 CWS trip the next 5 years and Childress would have gotten us 0, new coach all else equal was the right move. If new coach gets us 1 CWS trip and Childress would have gotten us 2, new coach all else equal was the wrong move. Extrapolate from there.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. I'm saying that no matter who we hire (among the available candidates that we actually can hire), the likelihood is that they'll be no better than Childress during his worst 5-year stretch. Hence I would keep Childress.

$1000 says we'll have fewer CWS trips in the next 5 years than in Childress' last 5.

Geez dude. You kin to RC?
It's time to move on. He didn't get it done. Maybe the next coach does. Maybe he doesn't. Can't be scared of change.

So... Put your money down?
Wicked Good Ag
Last six years not including 2020

3 super regionals
1 CWS app
5 NCAA appearances
4 regional final appearances

to say he wasnt getting it done is a bit disingenious

to the level people wanted maybe so but if that is the level of not gettng it done it will be a tough floor for the next coach

TxA&Mhunter
AG
Rc stopped recruiting Houston And the overall talent on our roster has gone down every single year since 2016.
Baseball teams with players that can't hit water if they fell out of the a boat don't win games constantly...

Think about it...If every team we played this year walked Friz every at bat.. How many more losses do we have?
Aggies2009
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

3 super regionals
1 CWS app
5 NCAA appearances

to the level people wanted maybe so but if that is the level of not gettng it done it will be a tough floor for the next coach

He didn't have a win in Omaha tho!!!!
SwimboJimbo
AG
Anyone have info on the scuffle between Vitello and Van Horn a couple weeks back? Heard Vitello apologize and say it was an off field issue.
dermdoc
AG
85AustinAg said:

Quote:

So if we take Godwin, how will that play out?
Serious question because I don't know much about Godwin but tell me about Godwin and why you like him?

I know little about him but find it interesting that he has worked with Bjork and that is name popped up from the Texags guys along with Tadlock, Schloss, and Vitello.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sq 17
Looking at Godwin he can coach runs a good program and if he probably gets calls every year about his interest in leaving ECU. Not sure if he wants a P5 job not sure if A&M is the P5 job that would entice him to leave. Compared to the names that are being discussed he is not a splash hire.
LOYAL AG
AG
I stepped away from this conversation both on BB and Premium yesterday after a busy weekend of speculation, scholarship talk, etc. I wasn't aware we had people that thought Childress needed to be extended. I really liked him as an ambassador for A&M and his impact on the lives of his players is easy to see. But it's been clear for a number of years now that we were not moving in the right direction. Since 16 we've gone from an elite team to having a few elite arms that carried an otherwise average team. This year we didn't have a Dox or Lacy and this was the result. The recruiting failures in the field did him in.

I was actually ready to move on after the 18 regional in Austin. I went to every game of that thing even knowing we would lose an inning into our only win. tu was a very left hand heavy team that year and holding Dox for game 2 against them was the best way to win the regional. So instead we throw him in game 1 against right hand heavy Indiana then throw the righty (name?) against tu and he doesn't get through 5. That was for me a big red flag. The same Childress that did a masterful job with Stripling and Wacha in 2011 to get to the CWS seemingly mailed it in in Austin.

I don't know who will be next, I wanted that guy to be Tadlock. I'm ok with Schloss and I've said I'd be OK with Vitello but I'll readily admit he's much greener and less proven than the first two. In fact I've come to like Godwin in that he's had a lot of success at what is probably the fifth team in his state (I admit I had to look up which Carolina ECU is in) and he's had a couple of really good mentors in Manieri and Corbin.

Bjork will get this right and we'll where we are at that point. Remember though that it's going to be a month so don't keep yourself this worked up over it.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Spyderman
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

3 super regionals
1 CWS app
5 NCAA appearances

Perhaps.Perhaps not. Something clearly was amiss as he is no longer in charge.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Sq 17
Hopefully bjork and the big cigars get this right and if not We will be doing this again in 6-7 years
Luke The Drifter
AG
Sq 17 said:

Hopefully bjork and the big cigars get this right and if not We will be doing this again in 6-7 years

A&M has had 3 baseball coaches over the past 62 years. I know past performance is no guarantee of future results, but history does tell us that the A&M job is not one with a revolving door.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
LOYAL AG
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Sq 17 said:

A&M has had 3 baseball coaches over the past 62 years. I know past performance is no guarantee of future results, but history does tell us that the A&M job is not one with a revolving door.
Agree. I think we'll be with the next guy for about 10 years unless it's obvious.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
agcrock2005
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

It's not headed that way, good Lord it's been 3 days...
No kidding...all the good coaches are still coaching
hunter2012
AG
Anyone expecting a hire right away will be bald by the time we make our hire after Omaha.
themissinglink
AG
As someone who likes Rob and was defending him pretty much until the last 2-3 years (mostly due to our runs in 15 & 16), it was time to move on.

Even if the next coach does worse in the next few years, I'd rather see what's in the mystery box because we know what we are going to get with Rob. With Rob, we'll have below average (at least for a top tier SEC team) recruiting classes, pitch really well, and be in contention to host a regional every year. If he gets the right offensive assistant, we'll be able to hit and contend for a national seed. He never really tried to venture outside his Texarkana/Nebraska coaching tree until it was too late.

I keep seeing people saying he could never quite win in the post season and when it counted. While that may be true of our losses in 15 & 16, the reality is we usually lost to equal or better teams. We were a national seed under Rob for 1 of his 16 seasons and went to 2 CWS. It wasn't about choking in the post season, it was generally about having good, but flawed teams. His median team probably ends up being ranked in the 15-20 range in the country.
OnlyForNow
AG
Appreciate your candid take Loyal.

I feel the same way as your first paragraph.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Schizo, if your argument is that RC recently had 3 CWS-worthy teams, that is not a good argument as only one of those teams made it and that team went 0-2. Obviously the other two were NOT CWS worthy teams or they would have made it. And even then, what about 2018/2019/2021 seasons?

aTm has made the CWS one time in the last five years. You may be right on the next 5 years no CWS, but part of that is going to be the new coach having to start over from scratch with limited talent. There were 62 (sixty two) SEC baseball players named to First Team, Second Team, Freshman, or All-Defensive team, Texas A&M has ONE player total named to those teams. We just finished second to last in the conference by one game over lowly Mizzou and we lost the series to Mizzou.

So, I won't take that $1000 bet, but am willing to bet $1,000,000 that in the next 15 years we have at least one CWS win.......

By any objective measure it is absolutely the time and necessary to make a change in the direction of the baseball program.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
SchizoAg said:

TCU beat us ..... those two years,

End of discussion / point.
Wicked Good Ag
Jarrin' Jay said:

Schizo, if your argument is that RC recently had 3 CWS-worthy teams, that is not a good argument as only one of those teams made it and that team went 0-2. Obviously the other two were NOT CWS worthy teams or they would have made it. And even then, what about 2018/2019/2021 seasons?

aTm has made the CWS one time in the last five years. You may be right on the next 5 years no CWS, but part of that is going to be the new coach having to start over from scratch with limited talent. There were 62 (sixty two) SEC baseball players named to First Team, Second Team, Freshman, or All-Defensive team, Texas A&M has ONE player total named to those teams. We just finished second to last in the conference by one game over lowly Mizzou and we lost the series to Mizzou.

So, I won't take that $1000 bet, but am willing to bet $1,000,000 that in the next 15 years we have at least one CWS win.......

By any objective measure it is absolutely the time and necessary to make a change in the direction of the baseball program.

So you are saying that the 89 team wasn't CWS worthy ??by your definition that is the case
OnlyForNow
AG
Lordy mercy guys, he is just giving an example.

The fact that we have one guy on those "list teams" is damning to the point of where are talent is.
Wicked Good Ag
OnlyForNow said:

Lordy mercy guys, he is just giving an example.

The fact that we have one guy on those "list teams" is damning to the point of where are talent is.
no he isnt he is saying only teams that make it to the CWS are CWS worthy but then turns right around and dismisses teams like 2015/2016 but then also says the 2017 wasnt worthy either. While i can agree with some things to use absolutes like that takes away from the ability of the teams.

was this years roster a solid one? not in my opinion but that isnt what was ONLY said

Grown Pear
AG
I get the "ease" of comparing next 5 year vs. past 5 year but again it's not that simple when you're talking about what needed to get done. The early part of "the past 5 year" threshold for RC includes a decade of building up the program and while not necessarily at its peak was at "a" peak in the program. It has subsequently gone downhill. So New Coach is working from a much worse beginning position for the next 5 years than RC who built it and was humming along prior to "test period"

That's the last of that I really care to talk about.

The bottom line IMO is that RC was a real good coach for us and a really good dude. We thank him for what he did and wish him the best going forward. AND it's time for a change. He was good but now we demand great. Our expectations for this program are greater than what we believe he was providing. In order to achieve our expectations and goals "we" believe a new coach gives us the greatest chance.

Let's hope Bjork & Co. nail the hire
goose91
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

If the new coach doesn't make the CWS in the next 5 years then we hired the wrong guy.

This isn't college football where it takes years to build up a roster and guys are in a program for 4, 5 or even 6 years. Most college baseball players spend 2 to 3 years in a program with your star players going pro after their junior or red-shirt sophomore year. Occasionally, you get a guy that hangs around all 4 years. With guys transferring in and out of juco and other programs, a portion of most schools rosters only spend 2 years with a team.

After 5 years, a majority of the roster will have turned over twice.

Whoever, we hire is probably going to bring a number of recruits and transfers with them. Most of the kids currently committed to A&M will probably be 'encouraged' to look elsewhere.

Add in the new NCAA transfer rules and I would expect most of next year's roster to be entirely different.

Not saying we should make the CWS next year but a new coach should be able to field a competitive team in year one.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

So you are saying that the 89 team wasn't CWS worthy ??by your definition that is the case

The teams that are CWS worthy........ make it to the CWS, period. Those that don't make it, aren't. / weren't. It's a pretty simple formula, and why they play the games.

Wicked Good Ag
Jarrin' Jay said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

The teams that are CWS worthy........ make it to the CWS, period. Those that don't make it, aren't. / weren't. It's a pretty simple formula, and why they play the games.

so 2017 was but 89, 15 and 16 were not?

keep doubling down on this thought....you will find your opinion will be in the minority
AggieFrog
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

keep doubling down on this thought....you will find your opinion will be in the minority
Agree - same with our 2012 football team - that team was playoff worthy. We didn't make it, but we could have beaten anyone in the playoff that year (and I'd have liked our odds). A team can be CWS worthy or CWS caliber and not make it.
livenitnow
Good discussion.

On the issue of private schools having an advantage by supplementing aid, there appears to be some truth to it based on the article I have linked below. Couple of points:
1) There is nothing to prevent a public school from offering similar programs
2) It's not clear to me how this impacts Title IX calculations.

Some excerpts from article:

"The privates can offer more of those types of awards. They can offer a full scholarship, but only use 25 percent of it toward the 11.7. They can deflate their athletic aid, whereas their public neighbor down the street might not have that much of the non-athletic aid. So, that's where it can get unfair competitively." SEC assistant commissioner for compliance Matt Boyer

"Vanderbilt is doing it perfectly legally. They're recruiting kids of high academic standards (for aid scholarships), then they use the 11.7 on kids who don't meet those standards. But if I'm playing a private school, I'd feel like I've got the payroll of the Tampa Bay Rays playing the New York Yankees. They've got 30 scholarships. I had 11.7. These private schools have it made with their baseball programs." former Mississippi State and Georgia coach Ron Polk

Article on Rule Change
HogsSmellGood
Turns out it was over a recruit who has committed to Tennessee. Van Horn is still recruiting him hard. Vitelo apologized for bringing it up in a public setting.
Aggies2009
AG
AggieFrog said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Agree - same with our 2012 football team - that team was playoff worthy. We didn't make it, but we could have beaten anyone in the playoff that year (and I'd have liked our odds). A team can be CWS worthy or CWS caliber and not make it.

I agree but there weren't playoffs in 2012.
dixichkn
AG
Changing the topic here, and I apologize for coming into the thread late..I assume we're all rooting for corndog to make a nice long run in the SEC tourney, or even God forbid win it, right? Or is Mainieri already dead man walking? Could a nice long tourney run and a regional appearance save him?
twk
AG
dixichkn said:

Changing the topic here, and I apologize for coming into the thread late..I assume we're all rooting for corndog to make a nice long run in the SEC tourney, or even God forbid win it, right? Or is Mainieri already dead man walking? Could a nice long tourney run and a regional appearance save him?
I don't think a long run makes a difference. He is either retiring or he's not. I don't believe they will outright fire him, and I think the decision has been made, yes or no, by this point.

What I think you might want to root for is a long run by Florida. If LSU really is targeting O'Sullivan, we would prefer for that to go down after we've locked up our new guy, because the Florida job would be as attractive as the LSU job, so filling the one in Baton Rouge doesn't eliminate much competition.
WallyWonka
AG

Tom Arrington

21st Season
Texas A&M University (1987)
Overall: 858-330 (.722)
(281) 459-7613
Email

Leading the baseball program at San Jacinto College means more than performing a job for Tom Arrington. The way he sees it, he has an obligation to both the College and his players to help them continue their development and extend their playing career. So far, so good for Arrington, who took over the San Jac program as head coach prior to the 2001 season. Since then, the College has made 11 trips to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) JUCO World Series, including six appearances in the national title game, culminating as the national runner-up in 2003, 2004, 2010, 2012, 2016, and 2017. His 40 wins at the JUCO World Series is an all-time record, as is his 64 total games at the prestigious national tournament. Arrington can also add "Hall of Fame" to his signature, as the veteran coach entered the NJCAA Baseball Hall of Fame in 2018.

Last season, Arrington led the Gators to a 21-6 season; 11-0 in the conference before the College and NJCAA made the announcement to cancel the season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In 2019, Arrington guided the Gators to a 42-12 season record. Though the Gators dominated their conference opponents, they were unable to continue to post season due to NJCAA sanctions. The Gators did however have a great season, which was highlighted by the Major League Baseball draft of Jackson Rutledge in the first round by the Washington Nationals.

In 2018, Arrington again guided the Gators to the JUCO World Series, where the team advanced to the semifinals and finished 3-2 at the national tournament. In a season in which seven players were selected in the MLB draft, San Jac went 53-14 under Arrington's guidance. He was again named Region XIV Coach of the Year, and 13 players earned Region XIV South All-conference honors.

In 2017, Arrington once again led his team to Grand Junction, Colo., and wound up as the national runner-up. His squad finished the season 48-18 overall and was the Region XIV tournament champion. Five players Sergio Macias, Michael Smith, Ryan Johnson, Donny Diaz, and MacGregor Hines earned JUCO World Series all-tournament honors, and six players were drafted in the MLB first-year player draft.

The 2016 season saw Arrington's squad make another run for a national title, falling short to Yavapai College in the final game of the 2016 JUCO World Series. Three San Jac players were named to the JUCO World Series All-Tournament Team catcher Baine Schoenvogel, pitcher Devin Smeltzer, and designated hitter Ryan January; and seven players were selected in the MLB first-year player draft. San Jac finished the season as the Region XIV South Zone champion, the undefeated Region XIV champions, and national runner-up, with an overall record of 52-12 and 31-9 in conference play. Arrington, in his 15th year as head coach, was named the Region XIV Coach of the Year for the 11th time.

In 2015, San Jac recorded a 43-21 overall record, returning to the JUCO World Series for the 23rd time in school history. Riley Smith was selected in the 31st round of the MLB first-year player draft, eight players earned post-season honors, 10 players were selected to participate in the Texas / New Mexico All-Star game, and a record 16 student-athletes signed national letters of intent to continue their education and baseball careers at four-year universities.

The year 2014 produced a 30-win season for San Jac as the team went 32-28 overall and 20-20 in conference play. Five players earned postseason awards, led by Josh Palacios and Matt Eureste, who were named to the all-Region XIV team. In addition, Toller Boardman, Austin Homan, and Josh Croft earned a spot on the all-conference team. In June, six players were selected in the 2014 MLB first-year player draft.

In 2013, San Jacinto College again won the Region XIV South Conference Championship after a 35-21 (22-8) regular season. Four players earned allconference honors, and Arrington was named the Region XIV Coach of the Year.

Arrington's 2012 season was another 40-win season for San Jacinto College, as it went 41-27 on the way to a national runner-up, the second in three years. Arrington earned his 500th career win in a 3-0 win over Blinn College on Feb. 18. Starting pitcher A.J. Glasshof hurled a complete game no-hitter, the first nine inning no-hitter in the College's history. Six players were named to the all-conference team, and for a fourth consecutive year, Arrington was named the South Zone Coach of the Year. The team shut out the defending JUCO champions Navarro College 1-0 in the final game of the regional tournament to earn a record 22nd trip to the national tournament.

The 2011 season ended earlier than Arrington would have liked, but the success of his team and players can't be overlooked. It was another 40-win season (40-16) for San Jac, six players were drafted in the MLB first-year player draft, and the pitching duo of Tyler Wright and Miguel Pena went 20-4 overall, earning All-America honors.

The 2010 season was one of the most successful under Arrington. He guided San Jac to an unprecedented 21st trip to the NJCAA World Series, finishing as the national runner-up. Four players were named to the all-tournament team in Grand Junction, three earned postseason honors, and nine were selected in the MLB first-year player draft. San Jac's appearance in the national championship game was the 12th in program history, and the national runner-up finish was the seventh. San Jac finished the season with a 52-12 overall record.

The year 2009 was a successful season, despite not having a home field to play on due to construction at J.R. Harrison Field. Nine baseball studentathletes were named to the all-conference team, and Arrington was tabbed as the conference coach of the year. Deric Hawkins and Tommy Collier earned NJCAA All-American honors in leading San Jac to a 45-11 record, the conference title, and a tie for fourth at the World Series.

In 2008, Arrington led San Jac to a 44-14 record and saw two of his players drafted in the majors. San Jac advanced to the semifinals of the Region XIV tournament, just shy of a return trip to the JUCO World Series.

In 2007, Arrington guided San Jac to a 46-16 record, complete with another conference crown, Region XIV tournament title, and a third-place finish at the World Series. Along the way, Arrington surpassed the 300-win mark as head coach at San Jacinto College. In his first six years as head coach (2001-2006), Arrington was 264-102.

Chris Rupp took San Jac to four consecutive World Series (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000), with appearances in the national championship game in 1998 and 1999. His predecessor, Wayne Graham, led San Jac to five national titles from 1985 to 1990 and won 586 games over 11 seasons. Graham went on to coach at Rice University.

While the national title has proven elusive to San Jac under Arrington's tutelage, Arrington and his staff have helped more than 150 players find homes at collegiate institutions and over 70 at the professional level. For him, it's all part of his obligation as the team's leader.

Quote:

"It's extremely gratifying to have quality athletes come in here and help us be what we believe is the premier junior college program in the country," Arrington said. "They are getting a quality education, and at the same time they are continuing to develop and showcase their skills to a point where they either move on to the Division I level on scholarship or sign professional contracts for large signing bonuses. I think we accomplish those three goals, including the education, as well as anyone else in the nation."

Arrington is confident the day will come when the national trophy again comes home to Houston. It will take skill, desire, and some luck, but Arrington is committed to ensuring that current and future San Jac players are in a great position to succeed.

"We have that desire to sustain our performance on the field, and with that hopefully comes a dominance of the region," Arrington said. "With nine trips (to the national tournament) in 15 years, I think we're doing that. That highly coveted first national championship for this group of coaches and the players is still in our sights. When it's our year, it will be our year. I also believe that when we win one, we may win several after that. Our time is coming."

With Arrington's intense focus on the prize, there's no reason to doubt his confidence. As a player, he was intent on becoming the best he could be.

Arrington began his coaching career in 1991 at the College of Mateo. Later came stops at San Francisco State University and College of Marin. In 2000, Arrington arrived in Houston as San Jac's assistant coach, where he focused on the pitchers. He was named head coach nearly two seasons later and athletic director for the San Jacinto College North Campus in 2011.

Quote:

"We look at our program as one of the best in the country," Arrington said. "We also have an obligation to make sure these young men get the best education possible. That's simply a personal belief of mine. We have to prepare these guys for lifelong success, not just baseball success. They have to be able to deal with success or failure on and off the field. We live in a demanding society, so we make sure our players are well prepared."

The Mill Valley, Calif., native began his playing career at College of Marin, where he was an all-conference selection. He then played two years at Texas A&M University, where he earned two letters, was all-conference, and was named the Southwest Conference tournament MVP. He also earned the C.E. "Pat" Olsen MVP award.

Arrington played professionally for the Triple A team of the Texas Rangers; in Guadalajara, Mexico; for the Salt Lake Trappers; and the Single A farm team of the Montreal Expos.

Coach Arrington and his wife, Marya, have two children, Alden and Anya Lily.

THE ARRINGTON COACHING FILE

YEAR
COLLEGE
RECORD
San Jacinto College
21-6
San Jacinto College
42-12
San Jacinto College
53-14
San Jacinto College
48-18
San Jacinto College
52-12
San Jacinto College
43-21
San Jacinto College
32-28
San Jacinto College
35-21
San Jacinto College
41-27
San Jacinto College
40-16
San Jacinto College
52-12
San Jacinto College
45-11
San Jacinto College
44-14
San Jacinto College
46-16
San Jacinto College
38-25
San Jacinto College
39-17
San Jacinto College
41-22
San Jacinto College
52-13
San Jacinto College
54-11
San Jacinto College
40-14

OVERALL: 858-330

TAM85
That dude is OLD!
WallyWonka
AG

So late 50s is old.

Do you know how old Graham was when he coached at Rice?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.