New coach

147,216 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the A.D.'s video staff needs to pull an all-nighter.

first pitch is at 2pm
Lance Uppercut
AG
I'm not sure why you're assuming Childress gets some kind of friendly, school-sanctioned send off.

The bar to clear is a firing at the team bus. If the coach was told he isn't being renewed in a private meeting it would be a huge step up .
powerbelly
AG
W said:

the A.D.'s video staff needs to pull an all-nighter.

first pitch is at 2pm

Why do you think he gets a friendly send off? Or wants one?
fieldtrailer
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Walt Luddiger said:

they probly arent even going to announce his departure until hes found another job.

Texags will melt when that takes a week+

Longer. All the good coaches will be in post season.
Charlie 31
AG
WoodlandsAg09 said:

Assuming we get a new coach after this season would we realistically be able to contend in the SEC next season or is this a multi year rebuild at this point?
Let's just get a new coach, period, then start by working to attain the noble goal of making the SEC Tournament.
Sq 17
Everybody on this team was a highly sought after HS talent. Everybody who signs and joins the team next year is a highly sought after HS talent

It is baseball : teams get hot ; players don't pan out ; Olsen Magic wins you a couple of games ; out of nowhere you find a Saturday starter who is nails etc . . .

It is unfortunate that it has been two horrible seasons for this group of young men. They still had the privilege and opportunity to be Aggie Baseball Players. The ones that are moving on we wish them well and the ones that will be back next year it is on them to help turn this thing around.

No I don't think the Ags will contend for an SEC title but The Ags should always be in the conversation to host a regional and at worst safely in as a 2 seed. If a team gets hot for a couple weekends then it gets to go to Omaha
Luke The Drifter
AG
Sq 17 said:

Everybody on this team was a highly sought after HS talent. Everybody who signs and joins the team next year is a highly sought after HS talent

It is baseball : teams get hot ; players don't pan out ; Olsen Magic wins you a couple of games ; out of nowhere you find a Saturday starter who is nails etc . . .

It is unfortunate that it has been two horrible seasons for this group of young men. They still had the privilege and opportunity to be Aggie Baseball Players. The ones that are moving on we wish them well and the ones that will be back next year it is on them to help turn this thing around.

No I don't think the Ags will contend for an SEC title but The Ags should always be in the conversation to host a regional and at worst safely in as a 2 seed. If a team gets hot for a couple weekends then it gets to go to Omaha

No...everyone on this team was NOT highly sought after talented. In case you haven't noticed, haven't been losing recruiting battles to Arkansas, LSU, Vanderbilt. Texas Tech, etc. We have what I'm sure are a lot of solid, good dudes on the roster...but we do not have highly sought after studs who could have played at MSU or Texas or UCLA had they wanted to.

...which is why we'll be hiring a new coach soon.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Sq 17
The Ags are not getting everybody we would like and do Lose battles to other programs, still these guys are solid enough that they should be competitive. This year things just turned out badly . We probably have better talent than Bama, Mizzou, and Auburn. We won the opener against LSU , A couple of runs here and there and we win last nights game and win a couple of games from the MS schools. The Ags are just not that far from being in the middle of the SEC and I hope that is where the Ags will be this time next year. Then contending in '23

To get to the middle of the SEC , RC needs to go ; a few players need to have breakout years in '22 ;still being in the top 25 next season which put the Ags safely in as 2 seed is IMO what the expectation should be.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

We have what I'm sure are a lot of solid, good dudes on the roster...but we do not have highly sought after studs
This. We've got some good players, some solid players but watch a game. We don't hit. Our pitching has to be stellar to keep us in a game. These guys are good but we don't have the talent to compete in the SEC right now.

The right coach can get enough kids necessary to make us competitive - next year and if not next year then the following. Rosters get a lot of turnover every year.
duddleysdraw88
AG
He needs to be GONE after the last out today!

Over a month ago, an everyday starter replied to the question "How's it going?"...... first words out of his mouth.... "I'm done with baseball"

There's more but I'll stop there!

Captain Pablo
AG
duddleysdraw88 said:

Over a month ago, an everyday starter replied to the question "How's it going?"...... first words out of his mouth.... "I'm done with baseball"

GarryowenAg
ftworthag02
AG
If true that's not good.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

Is there anything illegal or immoral going on? Because if it's a player fed up with their coach during a bad baseball season, I'm going to need to know who J-Lo is dating before I subscribe to the gossip column.
tjack16
AG
If we could get Tadlock that would be our Jimbo hire for baseball.
It might not be him but I think we will make a really good hire that surprises people.
LOYAL AG
AG
This might be a contrarian opinion but I don't put any weight on SEC experience here. It's baseball not football the style of play doesn't really differ from league to league. What I'm most concerned about is getting a guy that's used to recruiting and managing scholarships in a state where the taxpayers don't supplement scholarships and at a school where the endowment doesn't cover whatever the student can't afford. Many of the schools in the SEC are in states where taxpayers cover some portion of tuition and fees for good students and that's a built in advantage we don't have.

With that in mind Tadlock is my first choice. I've done some research on TCU financially and their endowment isn't very big per student so I tend to think Schloss is operating in a pretty similar position to us as well. I actually like Vitello the most but I think Tennessee is one of those states with a taxpayer subsidy for good students which means he'd have to learn to manage 11.7 differently than what he's done up to now.
TarponChaser
tjack16 said:

It might not be him but I think we will make a really good hire that surprises people.

I'd love Tadlock but getting a coach from his alma mater can be really tough. Even with the ability to money-whip them.

I've heard we're seriously pursuing Schlossnagle and there's mutual interest. I'd be on board with that for sure too.
tjack16
AG
TarponChaser said:

tjack16 said:

I'd love Tadlock but getting a coach from his alma mater can be really tough. Even with the ability to money-whip them.

I've heard we're seriously pursuing Schlossnagle and there's mutual interest. I'd be on board with that for sure too.

I am 100% on board with that as well. I think they are 1A and 1B in terms of top hires we could make
LOYAL AG
AG
TarponChaser said:

tjack16 said:

Tadlock was a Juco transfer to Tech so he may not have the emotional attachment that you'd expect. Sandman may disagree with that but that's my $.02.
duddleysdraw88
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

Quote:

Is there anything illegal or immoral going on? Because if it's a player fed up with their coach during a bad baseball season, I'm going to need to know who J-Lo is dating before I subscribe to the gossip column.

NOTHING illegal or immoral.
Sandman98
AG
duddleysdraw88 said:

Weird post. The game breaks a lot of people. When they say it's about a coach it's never really about the coach.
Luke The Drifter
AG
duddleysdraw88 said:

Hate to break it to you, but most of the TCU players cannot stand Schlossnagle. Same with DBU players not liking Heefner. Most of the Texas players don't care for Price. And yes, I have first-hand accounts to back up these statements.

I'm not defending Childress...just letting you know most college baseball players don't care for their head coach. Most college players have grown up being coddled by helicopter parents who forked over tons of money to get their kid on some "elite" travel baseball team. They've gone to the most expensive camps, been provided with top tier personal hitting/pitching coaches, and they've often been surrounded by high level talent. Then, when they get to college, have to work hard, don't get the playing time they think they deserve, can't pick and choose their teammates, don't win every game, and don't have momma and daddy there to fight their battles for them, a lot of them are suddenly "done" with baseball. It happens to hundreds of kids in every program every season.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Sandman98
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

duddleysdraw88 said:

Hate to break it to you, but most of the TCU players cannot stand Schlossnagle. Same with DBU players not liking Heefner. Most of the Texas players don't care for Price. And yes, I have first-hand accounts to back up these statements.

I'm not defending Childress...just letting you know most college baseball players don't care for their head coach. Most college players have grown up being coddled by helicopter parents who forked over tons of money to get their kid on some "elite" travel baseball team. They've gone to the most expensive camps, been provided with top tier personal hitting/pitching coaches, and they've often been surrounded by high level talent. Then, when they get to college, have to work hard, don't get the playing time they think they deserve, can't pick and choose their teammates, don't win every game, and don't have momma and daddy there to fight their battles for them, a lot of them are suddenly "done" with baseball. It happens to hundreds of kids in every program every season.

Print this on a t-shirt. Every word is true.
SchizoAg
AG
Sandman98 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

duddleysdraw88 said:

Print this on a t-shirt. Every word is true.
Stylish!

This guy would wear it:

Stone44
AG
I guess he's got a dildo in his pocket.
wilhunting
GoodAg21
I really really hope we get Tadlock because he is elite and the idea of tech fans losing their minds is pretty sweet
Sandman98
AG
Amazing. Now print your entire post on a different t-shirt
Foxo
AG
Mark Johnson coached A&M for 21 years. Won the SWC championship in his 2nd year.
Alpha Texan
AG
LOYAL AG said:

This might be a contrarian opinion but I don't put any weight on SEC experience here. It's baseball not football the style of play doesn't really differ from league to league. What I'm most concerned about is getting a guy that's used to recruiting and managing scholarships in a state where the taxpayers don't supplement scholarships and at a school where the endowment doesn't cover whatever the student can't afford. Many of the schools in the SEC are in states where taxpayers cover some portion of tuition and fees for good students and that's a built in advantage we don't have.

With that in mind Tadlock is my first choice. I've done some research on TCU financially and their endowment isn't very big per student so I tend to think Schloss is operating in a pretty similar position to us as well. I actually like Vitello the most but I think Tennessee is one of those states with a taxpayer subsidy for good students which means he'd have to learn to manage 11.7 differently than what he's done up to now.
I don't think we can get Tadlock...

Sure Texas stole Beard despite the fact that Tech gave him tons of money, resources, and facilities, but the difference is that Chris Beard is from t.u. and Tadlock is from Tech.

I want him too, and I think we should try, but i don't see any way we get him.
LOYAL AG
AG
Alpha Texan said:

LOYAL AG said:

Sure Texas stole Beard despite the fact that Tech gave him tons of money, resources, and facilities, but the difference is that Chris Beard is from t.u. and Tadlock is from Tech.

Agree that it's an interesting dynamic with him. He graduated from there but started college at a Juco. Knowing that I'm hoping the emotional attachment isn't as strong. Plus there's little doubt there are benefits to being at A&M that Tceh can't counter like proximity to talent, proximity to quality mid-week opponents and of course the SEC. Not knowing his motivators it's hard to say what will win out but there's some legit reasons why he's take this job despite Tceh being "home".
TAMU1990
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

duddleysdraw88 said:

Heard the same about said coaches... except what I heard about Schloss was a little more substantive.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Time for rumors. The coaches we are likely to approach will be playing for a few more weeks.
Post removed:
by user
Alpha Texan
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Alpha Texan said:

LOYAL AG said:

Agree that it's an interesting dynamic with him. He graduated from there but started college at a Juco. Knowing that I'm hoping the emotional attachment isn't as strong. Plus there's little doubt there are benefits to being at A&M that Tceh can't counter like proximity to talent, proximity to quality mid-week opponents and of course the SEC. Not knowing his motivators it's hard to say what will win out but there's some legit reasons why he's take this job despite Tceh being "home".
Yeah, Lubbock has to have the worst proximity to just about everything, ever.

But yes, you're right, I have no clue what he values. Someone on premium mentioned an assistant at Tech is (allegedly) shopping houses in College Station. Maybe we have a chance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.