Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,680 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
chap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should be the only weather forecaster you listen to tbh.

chilidogfood
AG
hahah, yes, thanks I didnt recognize him in the photo.

ChipFTAC01
AG
That's what I meant. Ronnie is the guy in Friendswood worried about his house flooding.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Teddy Perkins said:

HTOWN TIL I DROWN!

Ha this is amazing...only missing a popped trunk with neon lights.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I vote for a 2x2 procession of mauling pit bulls, domesticated tigers and feral peacocks boarding the ship.
Charlie Murphy
Easy, Rod said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Bregxit said:

ptothemo said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Sea Speed said:

Thanks Watching

Waiting

Commiserating

Say it ain't so

Even if they mandatory evac my hood,

I will not go.
ERCOT cut my lights off
Cajun Navy carried me from my home
GD. That's clever.
AgLiving06
Space City Weather saying the next two weeks could be a busy with storms in the gulf.
maroon10
AG
I got a trip planned to Cabo end of Sept- hopeful for no activity on the Pacific then!
Seabreeze

Cromagnum
AG
That looks familiar.
JobSecurity
AG
Seabreeze

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Once they start shifting east, we are good. This dude will go up the atchafalaya and won't be a thing. Book that *****
Sea Speed
AG
JobSecurity said:

BayAg_14
Yeah 18Z GFS sure is spicy. Space City already making sure people know not to overreact to one model, but this will get they hype train rolling!
AgLiving06
This would be brutal for Lake Charles if this happened again:

Al Bula
AG
Since there's already some wild ass speculation on this thread, what if we get something that overwhelms the old river control structure in LA and the Mississippi goes where Mother Nature wills it?!
txags92
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Since there's already some wild ass speculation on this thread, what if we get something that overwhelms the old river control structure in LA and the Mississippi goes where Mother Nature wills it?!
Just a matter of time. My money has always been on the river eventually going where it wants.
Kenneth_2003
AG
txags92 said:

Easy, Rod said:

Just a matter of time. My money has always been on the river eventually going where it wants.

This. Mother nature will one day overcome man's hubris
Seabreeze

gougler08
AG
Man Lake Charles has had a rough go lately
Sea Speed
AG
I know folks that just this month finally got their homes repaired from the last one. I was in LC not even 3 months ago and there are still blue tarps up. That town will be devastated by another major storm.
Seabreeze
I commute and stay over here for work in Cameron, the local weather guy is really hesitant about showing any models. And probably for good reason, as we all know 5 or 6 days things can change, but they are all really starting to center in around this area. We shall see..
gougler08
AG
Seabreeze said:

I commute and stay over here for work in Cameron, the local weather guy is really hesitant about showing any models. And probably for good reason, as we all know 5 or 6 days things can change, but they are all really starting to center in around this area. We shall see..
Yeah I mean it could easily shift, especially once the center gets defined, but man it would be devastating if they got hit by another large storm
Seabreeze
Just the GFS model right "now" so don't crucify me. But 940 mlbs is top cat 4 or low cat 5 territory.
gougler08
Froppe
AG
I guess the 'sips will have to cancel their home game with the Ragin' Cajuns, as a gesture of sympathy. That's the t.u. spin machine in high gear.

Especially since there's a really good chance they'd get their asses kicked. That's reality.
texsn95
AG
Euro ensembles

https://weather.us/cyclone-tracks/euro/953-w-320-n/2021082506-240.html
gougler08
AG
texsn95 said:

Euro ensembles

https://weather.us/cyclone-tracks/euro/953-w-320-n/2021082506-240.html
Nope, don't like that
texsn95
AG
Only 5-6 days away. Steering depends on this ridge of high pressure that's over us and when it's going to start to break down and move north. SSTs in the GoM are in the mid 80s and not much shear so it's just a bath of fuel.

BayAg_14
GFS was really spot on last year so not going to pay much attention to anything other than it. Have to wait till the low actually forms to start taking anything serious.
Sea Speed
AG
If this is looking bad, anyone want to make some money putting up my plywood? I'm on a work trip right now and won't be able to fly home short notice.
AgLiving06
BayAg_14 said:

GFS was really spot on last year so not going to pay much attention to anything other than it. Have to wait till the low actually forms to start taking anything serious.

It has been better this year, but the European got the heavy shift to Louisiana first on this one and then GFS followed.

Basically everyone agrees that until an eye starts to form, it's just a guessing game.
BowSowy
AG
Feel like I've seen this story before
RK
AG
Sea Speed said:

If this is looking bad, anyone want to make some money putting up my plywood? I'm on a work trip right now and won't be able to fly home short notice.

How pregnant is your wife?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.