Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,188 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CDUB98 said:

Premium said:

txags92 said:

Premium said:

Radar feels like it's going to mostly miss Houston

Isn't it Cromagnum's job to minimize the storm before it gets here? Stay in your lane...

You must not know me as the guy who sent his wife and kid to Dallas on a flight right before the freeze this year, for a wedding

There's a difference between downplaying and just being a dumbass.

It's a fine line, most of the time it works out
txags92
AG
CDUB98 said:

Premium said:

txags92 said:

Premium said:

Isn't it Cromagnum's job to minimize the storm before it gets here? Stay in your lane...

You must not know me as the guy who sent his wife and kid to Dallas on a flight right before the freeze this year, for a wedding

Bingo! Cromagnum's infamy began on the day he was complaining about how overblown all the forecasts were for Harvey and how it hadn't even rained in Houston yet...or some words to that effect.
schmendeler
AG
"Throughout the day, we've been getting our first inputs from high-resolution models about rain accumulations tonight and on Tuesday for the Houston metro area. The early returns suggest that most of Houston may fare pretty OK from rain dropped by Nicholas. We still have some very serious concerns, however. Let's discuss."

From SCW
CDUB98
AG
schmendeler said:

"Throughout the day, we've been getting our first inputs from high-resolution models about rain accumulations tonight and on Tuesday for the Houston metro area. The early returns suggest that most of Houston may fare pretty OK from rain dropped by Nicholas. We still have some very serious concerns, however. Let's discuss."

From SCW

I called it on page 20!!

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3206993/replies/60159653
Premium
AG
schmendeler said:

From SCW

So SCW says it after me and everyone fawns over their predictions. Just takes some radar and a few arrows, or 4, to see where this is going. Perhaps they tune into TexAgs.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Perhaps they tune into TexAgs.

Well, we do know stuff.
Petrino1
The latest update shows this as kind of a nothing burger for most of Harris County, just a few inches of rain overnight. Most of the heavy flooding will be along the coast near Galveston.

https://spacecityweather.com/still-concerned-about-flooding-from-nicholas-but-things-trending-a-bit-better/
Sea Speed
AG
And no one will have school tomorrow. The half day today was also ridiculous. School said to be prepared that it was going to be wet at drop-off and pick up today. The horror! Its raining!
Seabreeze
The Wonderer said:

Channel 13's latest model as the eye traveling directly over Houston at the 1p update.

That's after it makes landfall near Port Lavaca and rides the coast North of Galveston Bay.
ptothemo
AG
And with the reference to a nothing burger along with Cromagnum, the Aggie golf cart, and flashers being on, we now have a proper Tine storm thread.
Petrino1
CDUB98 said:

schmendeler said:

From SCW

I called it on page 20!!

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3206993/replies/60159653
Lol good call man. Maybe you are the one that should be giving these weather updates
CDUB98
AG
We're probably due 50" of rain now that I said something.
Petrino1
ptothemo said:

And with the reference to a nothing burger along with Cromagnum, the Aggie golf cart, and flashers being on, we now have a proper Tine storm thread.
Lol good to be back!
schmendeler
AG
Premium said:

schmendeler said:

From SCW

So SCW says it after me and everyone fawns over their predictions. Just takes some radar and a few arrows, or 4, to see where this is going. Perhaps they tune into TexAgs.
It was that fourth arrow that sealed the deal.
Serotonin
AG
ptothemo said:

Don't forget the euphemistic reference to "inches"...that's always a key ingredient in any Tine storm thread.
Martin Q. Blank
InnerCityAg
This is an old forecast.
Cromagnum
AG
txags92 said:

Premium said:

I ain't said ***** LOL.

I did wash my truck with my heavily softened water since we have a spot-free power rinse on the way. Depending which camp you're in you can blame me if we get nothing or flooded. I'm not sure which of the weather God's I flipped off by doing that.
TefIon Don
AG
This **** is going to miss Houston. Thanks a lot daycare for already shutting down tomorrow.
Sea Speed
AG
My MDO and kids school both closed today, although one at noon.
Seabreeze
I think Austin is going to come up a little short of that 61 inches.
Premium
AG
Seabreeze said:

I think Austin is going to come up a little short of that 61 inches.

Ag_07
AG
Man kids have it so easy nowadays.

I remember we had to wake up the day of at 4 am and wait in anticipation praying that your school's name popped up on the 5 am news broadcast.

Now they get a entire day and a half before we've gotten an inch of rain.
wessimo
AG
I'll call your four arrows and raise you... three arrows?

Fitch
AG
And a purple [rain] cloud.
flyingaggie12
AG
Can you draw some arrows on this one?

Bondag
AG
txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

Premium said:

txags92 said:

Premium said:

Bingo! Cromagnum's infamy began on the day he was complaining about how overblown all the forecasts were for Harvey and how it hadn't even rained in Houston yet...or some words to that effect.

What about tax day and Memorial Day before that?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Ag_07 said:

I remember we had to wake up the day of at 4 am and wait in anticipation praying that your school's name popped up on the 5 am news broadcast.

Me in 5th grade at 5:45 in the morning flipping between channel 2/11/13 knowing there was...a possibility.
evestor1
Ag_07 said:

No kidding. I can remember going to school and even playing high school football games during tropical storms.

My kids now ask me every single day it rains if school will be canceled. Not hyperbole.
Seabreeze
Fitch said:

And a purple [rain] cloud.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
evestor1 said:

Ag_07 said:

No kidding. I can remember going to school and even playing high school football games during tropical storms.

My kids now ask me every single day it rains if school will be canceled. Not hyperbole.

tu vs Rice in a tropical storm named Larry Izzo.
Sea Speed
AG
I was just talking about this to my wife. It seems ridiculous mow as opposed to when we were younger. Is it just another casualty of the information age? People being paranoid and overprotective? Helicoptering?
Cromagnum
AG
flyingaggie12 said:

Can you draw some arrows on this one?

Nicholas is finna drag his balls across the south side.

ChemAg15
AG
Add this to the top of the OP please
Tom Cardy
AG
Sea Speed said:

I was just talking about this to my wife. It seems ridiculous mow as opposed to when we were younger. Is it just another casualty of the information age? People being paranoid and overprotective? Helicoptering?
There are probably some other factors (infrastructure vs. population growth, etc.) that make the impacts potentially more serious for the same relative threat as previous decades.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.