Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,169 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
Post removed:
by user
rangerdanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum
AG
I don't know which one is the actual center. There are two spots it is spinning.

evestor1
Tropical storm nicholas is a trans-hurricane?
Ag_07
AG
The key words are...Unlikely to change overall threats.

So basically it's still gonna rain with flooding in some areas but not widespread
Seabreeze
AgLiving06 said:

Would be nice if any of those people pointing that out would explain what that means.

It means a possible new center of circulation to the NNE of where the center was near Brownsville earlier this morning.
AgLiving06
Cromagnum said:

I don't know which one is the actual center. There are two spots it is spinning.

I think the bottom is the old one that's being torn away by dry air. The top is where they think the new one is forming.
Seabreeze
That's exactly what they are thinking
Seabreeze

V8Aggie
AG
Standing by.
AustinCountyAg
I'd love to rent out your place one weekend. Just for urban legend status
lunchbox
Expect an announcement around 10am but HISD will be closed tomorrow.
InnerCityAg
This ho got two eyes or what?
ChemAg15
AG

10AM update shifts the track back east
Sea Speed
AG
Go home Nicholas, you're drunk.
cone
AG
a nice little two day week
Beat40
At least ole Nick is moving. Hope that part comes to fruition.
lunchbox
Al Bula
AG
Cromagnum said:

the double buttholes of chaos. We're doomed.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Guess this years hurricanes are feeling nostalgic?
jswags
AG
I didn't think urban was in your vocabulary. #rurallivesmatter
Sea Speed
AG
Why the hell would you cancel virtual classes? Everyone can do that from home. I'm sure its because the teachers probably go in to a school to hold the class, but if people chose the stay st home route they should have to attend rain or shine. Give the teacher a laptop.
htxag09
AG
Sea Speed said:

Why the hell would you cancel virtual classes? Everyone can do that from home. I'm sure its because the teachers probably go in to a school to hold the class, but if people chose the stay st home route they should have to attend rain or shine. Give the teacher a laptop.
I'm not defending the decision, but if you truly look at it with an unbiased opinion there are definitely reasons to cancel virtual classes. First and foremost, to give your staff and students (and their families) time to evacuate, prepare, etc. Not everyone lives in the same neighborhoods as you and me, lots of areas of Houston absolutely will flood if the forecast holds true. Do you want to "force" those families to stay put because they have virtual class and feel like they can't miss a day or do you just cancel a couple days of class so they can evacuate and head somewhere safer or just go stock up on bleach.
RK
AG
Quote:

Why the hell would you cancel virtual classes?
F you. I'm not juggling work and my kids school from home.
Ramrod
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Nicholas about to teabag the greater Tine metro area Tuesday into Wednesday
cajunaggie08
AG
Sea Speed said:

I don't know how HISD does it, but at my kid's school the virtual teachers had to be at the school. They were never allowed an option to work from home. There is no getting out of lunch duty. Also, the schools are paid solely based on how many kids come to school each day. they don't want to get in a situation where 3/4 of the school population had a weather day that will be made up later but the virtual kids already had that day but some transferred over to in-person so they technically don't need to make it up. Its just best to cancel for all and all will have a make up day unless its so bad that the state waives the need for making it up
Sea Speed
AG
Fair enough. And I wasn't directing any ire at you. I do sometimes have too narrow of a focus.
Sea Speed
AG
Ha I was talking about the people who were already signed up for virtual not the normal folks
RK
AG
yea, there's no way they are going to have one group on and the other off. a "natural disaster" is more than just the logistics of a commute, so you can't expect people to be available.
texsn95
AG
ChemAg15 said:

The CoC reformed a bit N and E of that x, was pretty cool to watch on radar. Puts it over water a bit longer
schmendeler
AG
The latest from SCW.
Quote:

The good news is that it still appears as though Nicholas will keep moving as it tracks through Houston on Tuesday, and away from the region on Tuesday night. This should help to limit overall rainfall totals for most to 5 to 15 inches of rainfall, with a few isolated areas seeing 15 inches or more. Rains totals will be greatest for coastal counties and the next inland tier, which includes Harris and Fort Bend counties.
Caliber
AG
SBISD is closed tomorrow.
Jack Klompus
AG
Cy Fair ISD closed tomorrow also.
BMX Bandit
All schools in Harris likely will be closed tomorrow
Caliber
AG
BMX Bandit said:

All schools in Harris likely will be closed tomorrow

Especially if they read Space City weather, from Eric:

Quote:

Area schools should be closed on Tuesday, period.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.