Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,249 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
Seabreeze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, it's not that big
StillNotAnAggie
In Spring and it looks like just my section of my subdivision is out of power. I imagine I might be out for a while.
Bonfired
AG
rcb said:

Nobody Knows My Name said:

I'm directly south of Manvel in Rosharon off of 1462 between 288 and 35. My weather station in the backyard says 30 MPH sustained winds with 40 MPH gusts right now.

We're not too far from you in the south part of Sienna. Pretty nice gusts last hour and of course the freaking power just went out. Not much heavy rain but been a steady drizzle most of day, so good for yard I guess.

Sounds like we're in the same general area...power has been out for about an hour or so (CPAP machine cutting off, plus wind gusts woke me up). Glad I cleared a few rotten limbs out of trees on Sunday. It's become more of a wind concern than a water concern at this point.
Seabreeze
Power just went out here, but across the street has power, go figure
03_Aggie
Trees are dancing pretty good hereā€¦

https://i.imgur.com/UzFqoUq.mp4
Ronnie
AG
Rain not so bad, flooding doesn't look to be as big a problem as predicted. The wind is definitely higher than was thought or predicted . There may be wind damage and debris on the roads, and just generally high winds through tomorrow in the area preventing driving or getting power restored. Don't ever take these storms for granted.

Power still on in Friendswood.
Ronnie
AG

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
03_Aggie said:

Trees are dancing pretty good hereā€¦

https://i.imgur.com/UzFqoUq.mp4

Peaked out earlier to see how it looked, and a branch fell and saw something scrambling across the water and could hear panicked chirping for a while after I closed the door.

Haven't heard the chirping in a while now. Sure I'll find something nice on the door stoop in the morning.
Seabreeze
Ronnie said:

Oh did they decide to start broadcasting again?
Seabreeze
That would be a no..
FHKChE07
AG
I'm surprised at the amount of power outages. Center point is at 255k now. And not just located on the coast. I didn't figure the winds were bad enough in town to start knocking down lines.
Seabreeze
It's been a light show around here with green burst from transformers blowing.
Seabreeze
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Harvey put 2" of rain in my house. Got lucky with this one. Lights flickered once and probably only 5"-6" of rain which appears to be over. Think it's finally bedtime.
Nagler
AG
Pearland.

Power on and off. Lost it for about an hour thought it was done for the night but came back on. Pretty windy.
FHKChE07
AG
I guess my question is what is causing them to blow. In town this hasn't been really that much worse than a normal rainstorm. There isn't really any lightning either.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's a freakin strobe light out there. Powers gone off and on so many times I'm almost getting used to the sound of a neighbor's generator trying to kick on.
BayAg_14
Power out and sky light leaking. Lovely.
03_Aggie
Will be interesting to see the yard in the morning. Used to branch clean up after decent storms. As long as all the damn things stay upright I'm good with picking up after them.
AgLiving06
Power is out in Westbury.

The biggest weakness we have nowadays is our reliance on power and the internet and an electrical system that isn't keeping up.
Aggie1391
Was getting some pretty good gusts inside the loop most of the night, but it's really picked up the last 30 minutes. Don't have a way to know how fast they are, but my guess is 50-60mph.
MelvinUdall
Been without power for over 2 hours in Fulshear, this is just dumb. I never lost power in Harvey and Ike, yet here we are with this weak storm and the power is out.
AgRebel08
AG
So we are heights area and not even getting the brunt of the storm but our 3 story townhouse is shaking pretty bad.

Maybe a dumb question but is that normal?

Kinda worried when the storm gets closer if the house is shaking now.....
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AgRebel08 said:

So we are heights area and not even getting the brunt of the storm but our 3 story townhouse is shaking pretty bad.

Maybe a dumb question but is that normal?

Kinda worried when the storm gets closer if the house is shaking now.....

Did you see how fast they built your townhouse in 2010?

Short answer: it should be expected.
Sea Speed
AG
How is everyone this morning?
rilloaggie
AG
Power out in 77077 for about 1.5 hours now. The grid must be held together with bubblegum and scotch tape these days.
TXAG 05
AG
Power went out around 4AM in Oak Forest
K Bo
AG
So far so good in 77018, just howling winds. Some pretty gnarly gusts at times.
K Bo
AG
Dang, what section are you in?

ETA: I'm in 6 but just talked to a friend that owns a business in 13 and that business is without power.
terradactylexpress
Center point outage tracker is lit up like a Christmas tree. Thankfully Timbergrove is still with power, no one else around seems to be
AlaskanAg99
AG
Power has been out in my area of 77084 since 2am. Lots of big mature trees.

Wonder how long it'll take to come back online.
MillerLatte
Haven't lost power in 77055
Dill-Ag13
AG
Getting hit with a pretty big band and heavy wind in the hoodlands
gougler08
AG
Definitely much more windy than expected in Richmond, but don't think we had much rain overnight. Hope you guys get power back on soon
gambochaman
AG
Wind gusts are crazy here in katy but rain has been light

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.