Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,192 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there ain't gonna be much left of port fourchon
Mr. Lahey
AG
Yes it's very odd, they haven't had anybody in lafourche parish all weekend. Maybe they didn't let them in due to mandatory evacuation?
Seabreeze

Here come the water
Seabreeze
Beat40
This is one of those things I just won't ever understand.

I love my home, but I don't love it enough to ride out a category 4 hurricane.

Also, if everything in my house were fine, I don't want to ride out the power outages in the middle of summer. Going into Lake Charles after Laura to help out my wife's grandmother and Aunt sealed that thought for me.
sts7049
AG
people are dumb and stubborn
Sea Speed
AG
sts7049 said:

people are dumb and stubborn
I think this basically describes humanity perfectly.
Seabreeze
Yep. I've rode out cat 3's, that's enough. Never would I stay for anything like this. What are you realistically staying for, there isn't going to beanything left.
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
sts7049
AG
hell, i remember being at home in katy during Ike, and that experience of howling winds for hours was not pleasant. and we didn't even lose power.

i can't fathom anyone knowingly staying in a place guaranteed to flood.
Dill-Ag13
AG
sts7049 said:

there ain't gonna be much left of port fourchon

I've got equipment I was needing to mobilize out of Fourchon on Monday. The equipment is the Least of my concerns but I've got a guy there that told me he was getting the F out on Friday.
Cromagnum
AG
Semantics at this strength but TWC just said it's likely a cat 5 now.
Seabreeze
Confirmed
sts7049
AG
Seabreeze
wessimo
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Seabreeze said:

Cromagnum
AG
So allegedly access to some parking garages in Houma was blocked off. I don't know what in the world people are thinking.
txags92
AG
Cromagnum said:

So allegedly access to some parking garages in Houma was blocked off. I don't know what in the world people are thinking.
Trying to keep storm chasers from camping out there.
Cromagnum
AG
Saw also where 28 people stayed in Grand Isle and now calls are coming in for rescues. Stilted homes are what, 8-10 foot high? Those homes are gonna be long gone.
Seabreeze
"Sir, please write your SS# in permanent marker on your arm" That's all they can say at this point.
sts7049
AG
if you choose to ignore mandatory evacuation orders you should be conceding your right to be rescued.

tough s***
Seabreeze
Ain't no one going to get them. They were told that. They have to live or die with the decision they made at this point.
Cromagnum
AG
Gas prices are primed to go up a bunch depending how bad Port Fourchon gets nailed.
Bregxit
AG
Reed Timmer's Youtube livestream...

Jeff P's channel. He isn't live at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/user/TornadoAlleyVideo
sts7049
AG
Seabreeze
Bregxit
AG
LOL Houma police officer just caught up with Reed and asked for a picture with him because his son is a huge fan.
BrazosBendHorn
sts7049 said:

hell, i remember being at home in katy during Ike, and that experience of howling winds for hours was not pleasant. and we didn't even lose power.

i can't fathom anyone knowingly staying in a place guaranteed to flood.
I live on the north side of Angleton and we were in the mandatory evac zone for Ike. But one of my neighbors decided to ignore the order and ride it out. Several days later, while we were cleaning up debris, he admitted that staying was "the dumbest decision of my life." (Winds here on the "weak" side of the storm were up to 90 mph.)

At one of the annual hurricane prep meetings that they have here, law enforcement flat-out told the attendees that if you decide to stay after the evacuation order, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. Do not call 911 if you hurt yourself or have a heart attack, no one will respond. If you leave your property during daylight hours you will be considered to be a potential looter. If you are outside at all during the dusk-to-dawn curfew, you will be shot.

rangerdanger
AG
txags92
AG
Cromagnum said:

Saw also where 28 people stayed in Grand Isle and now calls are coming in for rescues. Stilted homes are what, 8-10 foot high? Those homes are gonna be long gone.
I always wonder what goes through their minds as they make that call? Did they think the cops were kidding when they said "we are evacuating and you are on your own"? Oh now if I call them, they will come back and get me out? Darwin in action I guess...
gougler08
AG
Chief Scooter from Grand isle is on weather channel and said roofs are peeling off roofs and they got a gust of 148mph. Bout 15 people at the police station hunkered down but I doubt there's going to be much left of that town
Seabreeze
Said the wind gauge broke at 140mph substained
Seabreeze
Also said they can't take much more, won't be anything left. Some people have made it to the Police station somehow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.