Houston
Sponsored by

2021 Tropical Twofer

145,237 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texsn95 said:

If it comes here, Dora will blame it on the un-vaxxed.

super spreader
Sazerac
AG
it's looking like Tuesday landfall?
wessimo
AG
Do not want.
Anti-taxxer
AG
The lady next to me at the HEB curbside pickup in Pearland is already prepping. They just loaded three cases each of water, toilet paper, and those nasty Bud Light fruit-a-ritas into her suv.
Jackal99
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

The lady next to me at the HEB curbside pickup in Pearland is already prepping. They just loaded three cases each of water, toilet paper, and those nasty Bud Light fruit-a-ritas into her suv.
To be fair, that just sounds like a Pearland townie getting ready for the weekend.
BayAg_14
Don't blame anyone for wanting to beat the rush. Worst case scenario they have some extra water, toilet paper and booze.
chilidogfood
AG
Kinda silly not to go ahead and fill up the tanks and make sure you have essentials on hand already.

Why wait until the rush?
rangerdanger
AG
chilidogfood said:

Kinda silly not to go ahead and fill up the tanks and make sure you have essentials on hand already.

Why wait until the rush?

I went ahead and got some H2O and dried/canned foods. Won't go to waste no matter what. Karen is gonna freak after the news at 9pm.
wessimo
AG
chilidogfood said:

Why wait until the rush?

Because you then can't post about your apocalyptic shopping trip on Texags.
Seabreeze
Space City with this update just a few minutes ago

AgLiving06
Frank saying the 18z has it going into New Orleans.

Said it's a huge shift.
Seabreeze
Yea, look for a more shift East. The newest model runs have the high weakening, and allowing a more North and East path.
ChemAg15
AG
Per Tropical Tidbits, this thing could land anywhere from Mexico to Mississippi. The models will be uncertain until a clear center forms sometime on Friday.
Seabreeze
8/25 18z GFS run.
Seabreeze

BayAg_14
Looking like we are going to dodge another one.
TX04Aggie
AG
So we've gone from Corpus, The Chuck, Houston and now NOLA in last 12 hours. Sounds about right!
Ag12thman
AG
I don't think they really even know yet and it could shift again quite a bit (hopefully even further east) in the next day or two. Seems like the biggest missing piece is the development of the center of the storm.
Seabreeze

AgLiving06
TX04Aggie said:

So we've gone from Corpus, The Chuck, Houston and now NOLA in last 12 hours. Sounds about right!

The original forecasts for Grace was to veer off in the atlantic and miss the US entirely.

It ended up hitting southern/central Mexico.

But the GFS has been the more accurate model this year (and last), so hopefully as they dial it in today/tomorrow it sticks.
AgLiving06
Ag12thman said:

I don't think they really even know yet and it could shift again quite a bit (hopefully even further east) in the next day or two. Seems like the biggest missing piece is the development of the center of the storm.

I think the main factor is the high pressure off the east coast.

Initially they had it really exerting which is what pushed it to Texas/Mexico...but the most recent GFS keeps it well off to the east which steers the storm more that way.
Ag12thman
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Ag12thman said:

Initially they had it really exerting which is what pushed it to Texas/Mexico...but the most recent GFS keeps it well off to the east which steers the storm more that way.
I hope it stays this way (but feel bad for those more to the east in saying this).
AgLiving06
Ag12thman said:

AgLiving06 said:

Ag12thman said:

I hope it stays this way (but feel bad for those more to the east in saying this).

It's always the uncomfortable thing about hurricane season.

You hope it doesn't hit you, but that typically means someone else is taking the brunt of it.

In this case, my in-laws live in New Orleans.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Tropical Tidbits just updated and all models moved more to the east.
Seabreeze
Shift East

billyjack2009
I don't give any models credence until this sucker is in the gulf.
Al Bula
AG
How much scratch did the Houston tv weather poofs donate to get that blue line to come here?
Quote:

tk for tu juan
So instead of a hurricane we get more refugees from New Orleans, hmm
V8Aggie
AG
Don't worry I'm still here. Now have a Ring camera at two houses in Sea Isle.

agproducer
AG
T&P to the new golf cart.
Tom Cardy
AG
I think it's lifted enough to avoid the surge
Seabreeze
Space City morning update

BayAg_14
Unfortunately for Louisiana this doesn't look like it will be a weak storm. Cat 2 minimum at landfall.
AgLiving06
Yeah...Space City made it clear...the more north the storm goes the stronger it will be. The drift west apparently "weakens" it.

My wife and I were talking earlier that the last big storm to hit New Orleans was Katrina (they've had several glancing blows).

I was at A&M when that happened and we took in a lot of Tulane students because of the damage done.
aggiedrew08
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.