Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,020 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Moses25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Illustrious Potentate said:

Need a recommendation for the snip around Fort Worth.

Same here.
bigfoot10s
AG
1997 AG said:

bigfoot10s said:

Scheduled mine at Urology of Stone Oak in SA for Jan 2. I'm a wuss and taking the Valium as well as the local. Not too proud to say that
With Dr. Sedlak? He did mine over a year ago. Went very well...he's a Penn State grad but likes to talk college football.

Yep, seemed like a nice guy
metrag06
AG
Not really - doc only told me to take Advil and the booze helped more than the pills did.
Guitarsoup
AG

I get the cone of shame a week from tomorrow.
bigfoot10s
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I get the cone of shame a week from tomorrow.

Be sure to post some pics

Good luck!!
bigfoot10s
AG
Tomorrow is the day for me. Valium is ready to go, wife driving me there and home. Little nervous about it, been texting buddies who've worn the cone of shame as well. Hoping I sleep tonight! I'll admit, I'm a big wuss!
rossuvet12
AG
Procedure sucks but it will be well worth the pain
76Ag
AG
LOL, i have no interest in a snip job myself. I am married and I don't have a GF.....
bigfoot10s
AG
Got it done this morning. Valium helped some, but once he started digging around to get things situated, it wasn't pleasant. Local helped a lot, but needed like 3 shots. Whole thing took about 10-15 minutes. Peas are on as well as football for the rest of the day!
OutdoorAg
AG
If any of you are on the fence about getting this done, just do it. I had planned on doing it last year, but my nerves said otherwise. Well, in a few short months, we'll be enjoying a new baby. Needless to say, I will soon be getting the procedure done.
Bassmaster
AG
https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-movie-comedy-3o84sv2u7KSHKbwPza
PFG
AG
Poooosayyy
bigfoot10s
AG
PFG said:

Poooosayyy

I'm not arguing...
Gardening Ag
Yesterday
AG
OutdoorAg said:

If any of you are on the fence about getting this done, just do it. I had planned on doing it last year, but my nerves said otherwise. Well, in a few short months, we'll be enjoying a new baby. Needless to say, I will soon be getting the procedure done.
And then do the follow up! These things fail more than you think.
KaneIsAble
AG
Had it done almost a month ago and was incredibly quick and painless. Laid up on the couch for 3 days and took it easy for a week and it all went as planned.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
Moses, did you ever pull the trigger? If so, who did you go with?
bdgol07
AG
About to head to get mine done. Third kid arrived two weeks ago and we are now going to be in the practicing phase, and not the baby making phase
topoftexasag
AG
Had mine done 12/31. It doesn't matter what happens the rest of this year, this will go down as one of the absolute worst as I literally started the year with ice on my sack.
Moses25
AG
Sorry so late to reply. I went with Dr. Ravi Mootha in Richardson. 15 minutes and I was out of there, then headed to Houston the next day. Not expecting #5, so it seems to have worked...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Just had this done today, all I have is frozen green beans but they seem to help. The shots were horrible but after that I didn't fee a thing.

Did it this weekend because if I figuratively feel like I got kicked in the balls watching the bama game it might as well literally feel like it.

Looking forward to a day on the couch alone with my thoughts, cold beer, college football and frozen vegetables on my boys.
Matsui
Carlo4
AG
OutdoorAg said:

I hope your son or daughter finds this one day...
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Moses25 said:

Sorry so late to reply. I went with Dr. Ravi Mootha in Richardson. 15 minutes and I was out of there, then headed to Houston the next day. Not expecting #5, so it seems to have worked...

+1 for Dr Mootha. Not quite that quick of a recovery but painless and no issues
Cool_Hand
AG
Dr. Nathan Graves near Baylor Scott & White in Grapevine.
CajunAggie
AG
Dr. David Mobley if you are in Houston....

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/doctor/david-mobley/

Was shocked at how little pain there was during procedure. And I had ZERO pain during recovery.

In fact, I had it done on a Friday and "practiced" on Sunday.

ElGoatarod
AG
Had it done 5 days ago in San Angelo by a Dr. Kingman. Glad I didn't read this thread beforehand. I took the Valium 45 minutes beforehand and remained calm through the prepping, stinging spray, and 1st shot. The doctor said it would feel like I got kicked in the nuts twice. He didn't lie. Left nut was uncomfortable but not awful. I knew what to expect on the right nut so it was automatically worse. In doing the right he pulled something that I felt deep inside my stomach causing me to instinctively grab my stomach. He made some remark about how he "pulled that one from up around your neck area." I wasn't up for jokes. The right nut still hurts.

My wife sat in on the whole procedure, just right up close so she could really watch the procedure and take it in, which forced me to act tougher than I wanted to. I watched her endure two c-sections (one an emergency c-section in Uganda and the other in Angelo). It's not like I wanted to see her guts on a table in a developing country, but because of that I somehow owed her some gore.

Iced my balls the first couple days and have iced them a few times since when they feel sore. Took pain meds the first 24 hours. Sleeping on sore nuts has not been fun. All in all neither a fun or awful experience. Really the worst part has been the dull uncomfortable lingering ache kind of like getting a ball grazed. Hope that goes away. Hope to be back to 100% soon.
jakeaggie84
AG
Damnit! I was just starting to get my courage back up and you have to bump this damn thread again!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
My doctor's name was Dr. Polesky. I'm serious.

Follow the doctor's post op directions and you'll be fine. Most stories I've heard about problems occurred when the patient didn't and immediately began normal activities.
zag213004
AG
ElGoatarod said:

Had it done 5 days ago in San Angelo by a Dr. Kingman. Glad I didn't read this thread beforehand. I took the Valium 45 minutes beforehand and remained calm through the prepping, stinging spray, and 1st shot. The doctor said it would feel like I got kicked in the nuts twice. He didn't lie. Left nut was uncomfortable but not awful. I knew what to expect on the right nut so it was automatically worse. In doing the right he pulled something that I felt deep inside my stomach causing me to instinctively grab my stomach. He made some remark about how he "pulled that one from up around your neck area." I wasn't up for jokes. The right nut still hurts.

My wife sat in on the whole procedure, just right up close so she could really watch the procedure and take it in, which forced me to act tougher than I wanted to. I watched her endure two c-sections (one an emergency c-section in Uganda and the other in Angelo). It's not like I wanted to see her guts on a table in a developing country, but because of that I somehow owed her some gore.

Iced my balls the first couple days and have iced them a few times since when they feel sore. Took pain meds the first 24 hours. Sleeping on sore nuts has not been fun. All in all neither a fun or awful experience. Really the worst part has been the dull uncomfortable lingering ache kind of like getting a ball grazed. Hope that goes away. Hope to be back to 100% soon.

Just pray the stitches dissolve otherwise you may be in for a world of pain. That happened to me and my body reacted by swelling there and the only way was the doc had to go in and remove the undisolved stitches. no numbing or anything. 10/10 on pain scale
AustinCountyAg
In the process of trying to convince my wife to get his done ASAP. ...she still has the itch for more. ugh.
johnrth
Had mine done a couple of months ago and it was the easiest procedure I've ever had done. Drove myself, no pills, just a couple shots in the junk to numb it up, few minutes later he gets to work, about 15-20mins later pulling my britches up and headed out the door. Sure it was uncomfortable but the next couple of days just felt a slight dull pain and i carried on like normal. Absolutely no pain after about 4 days. Tip, wear two pair of tight boxer briefs with an ice pack between them. That way you're not holding the pack all day long on them and can move around of need be.

Dr. Clyde Corey in The Woodlands and Tomball if anyone is interested.

All my friends who've had it done freaked me out with their stories and I psyched myself out once but the second time just went for it. Either my friends had bad Drs or are little girls because like I said, easiest procedure I've ever had done.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
One-Eyed Fat Man said:

My doctor's name was Dr. Polesky. I'm serious.

My urologist's name was Dr. Baldock. No point in even trying to make a joke he hadn't heard before.
Yesterday
AG
Go for the follow up! My post vasectomy baby is about to turn 3.
johnrth
Yesterday said:

Go for the follow up! My post vasectomy baby is about to turn 3.

By follow up, you just mean to get the juice tested right?

My Drs office just sent me home with a cup and paperwork and said on this date do your thing and take and drop it at this lab.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.