Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,046 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How did it go? I'm in College Station looking for a doc too.

Which type of procedure did he do?
ConstructionAg01
AG
I joined the club on Wednesday via Dr. Jones in Fredericksburg. Same experience on here as most - the anxiety beforehand is worse than the procedure. The worst pain and discomfort was that same evening and night, but the day after was far better, and today sitting here at 46 hours post-op I've been at work all day and doing fine with no pain meds at all.

A quality jock strap is your friend and makes a big difference. One other note, the incisions were higher up than I anticipated and now I'm regretting shaving my entire scrote when it was unnecessary.
aTm2004
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

I joined the club on Wednesday via Dr. Jones in Fredericksburg. Same experience on here as most - the anxiety beforehand is worse than the procedure. The worst pain and discomfort was that same evening and night, but the day after was far better, and today sitting here at 46 hours post-op I've been at work all day and doing fine with no pain meds at all.

A quality jock strap is your friend and makes a big difference. One other note, the incisions were higher up than I anticipated and now I'm regretting shaving my entire scrote when it was unnecessary.
At least you got to shave it. I did it and they went lower than that, so a nurse did it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I don't know how I'd handle some hot nurse shaving my coin purse.
aTm2004
AG
blindey said:

Think thoughts that kill any potential chub.
Frisco
AG
Went great, no issues whatsoever. Walked in to room and laid on table. I was thinking there would be other people, but just me and him. He gave me the numbing stuff and went to town. Took maybe 10-15 min - time slows down when another dude has your nuts in his hand. We chatted and he did his thing.

He did the "no scalpel technique" and I asked what that really meant. All it means is instead of a scalpel cutting he sticks you with basically a pair of scissors while closed and then opens it up to make a hole. He even said...it's just a marketing thing. Cut out about 3/4" of vas.

Super nice guy. He even asked if I wanted to stream it and I said nope, but does anyone every say yes? He said not yet but was hoping someone would one day.
Yesterday
AG
Ok! Second trip down the ole baby batter exterminator. I'm starting to think my doc is not very good at this as if the failed first attempt wasn't evidence enough.

Again the initial numbing meds was the worst part but considering I already had it done once he went lower and dig around more to cut more vas than usual. Unfortunately my right testy vas sucked down into the sac after he cut it so more digging and more numbing meds were needed.

Little tender today but not bad. And I'm definitely going to the follow up!!
Post removed:
by user
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Your manhood
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I was gonna say your dignity.
Post removed:
by user
WhoHe
AG
Troutslime said:

Your manhood

About two balls
aTm2004
AG
jayelbee said:

I guess I need to read this whole thread. Gotta get an appointment set up soon. What's the cost?

I have a HSA and have to meet my deductible first, and my total bill from the doc was like $550. Another $100 for them to test to .always sure you're blank. Also, much cheaper than another kid.
metrag06
AG
Mine next month is a $150 copay.
45-70Ag
AG
Did mine several years ago right before the first weekend of the ncaa tournaent.

Watched basketball all weekend uninterrupted
CBarrett12
AG
Had mine done Friday around noon. Doc must have been behind, I laid there after the nurse got me ready with my sac in a sheet for 20 minutes. Not cool. Once he started after he hit the anesthetic and started tugging I could tell he didn't juice me enough as I felt sure he tugged a tube connected to my left eyeball. After some more anesthetic the rest was mostly a breeze, aside from the plumes of smoke I caught glimpse of wafting to the ceiling. 36 hours in the pain isn't bad at all, but I'm still avoiding doing much other than binge watching Netflix. All in all the anticipation and wait is clearly the worst...but the procedure is still not a pleasant experience. Hoping in 6 weeks all is a go!

ETA: used my HSA via insurance as well and my OOP cost was about $1,000 all in for consult, surgery, and the 6 week follow up.
62strat
AG
aTm2004 said:

blindey said:

Think thoughts that kill any potential chub.
I mean, if there's ever an appropriate moment for you to get a chub with the nurse in the room, it's when she's handling your junk. I say take advantage, straighten out some of those wrinkles.

I just signed up for April 6th.

My doctor is also 'no scalpel' method. While they still obviously make a hole in your bag, apparently, with this method, it's only from one side, not both, which leads to faster recovery, less bleeding/pain, 10X less chance of hematoma/complications.

ShouldastayedataTm
Nevermind......
metrag06
AG
Just finished. Not that bad except the stitches - I felt every bit of the first one he put in, dragging the string through.

Doc was just like "oh, I'm surprised you can feel that" and did other one. Time for some frozen peas...
Dill-Ag13
AG
Done yesterday. Eff all of this. Sucks balls.
up-n-aTm
AG
Was getting ready to take the plunge, then found out my wife needed a hysterectomy. My boys got a reprieve from the governor!
Bill Bigfoot
AG
I'm one week post-op. One of my nuts is still swollen, but its been getting better every day. The deadening shots almost caused me to cancel the whole procedure.

Also wanted to quit when the left side wasn't numbed as well as it should have been. It was already too late because he did the right side first.
DG96
AG
Anyone ever used the Talley Whacker in San Antonio?
He is an Ag with good reviews.
https://www.urologysanantonio.com/dr-david-talley
dragons06
AG
Appointment booked in a few weeks with Dr Mootha. Consult and procedure all in one appointment. Gotta appreciate the efficiency.
aTm2004
AG
Alright...getting close to a year now and the incision scars still itch like hell. Does this go away? Seriously, I scratch my sac three times as much as I used to, and it's the scars that are the points of the itch. I've lost count how many times my wife has walked into the bathroom and caught me with a foot up on her makeup seat scratching away.
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
aTm2004 said:

Alright...getting close to a year now and the incision scars still itch like hell. Does this go away? Seriously, I scratch my sac three times as much as I used to, and it's the scars that are the points of the itch. I've lost count how many times my wife has walked into the bathroom and caught me with a foot up on her makeup seat scratching away.
"blue star ointment, the one that's guaranteed, ask for it"
Old RV Ag
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just use a little Icy-Hot and the itch will go away ... well maybe not away but it won't bother you anymore.
Ogre09
AG
Wish me luck, boys. I'm going in.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
You know football season is only like 2 weeks away, right?
Bassmaster
AG
Blew his load too soon....story of my life.
Ogre09
AG
Trying to knock it out so I don't miss games at Kyle.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Ogre09 said:

Trying to knock it out so I don't miss games at Kyle.
Then get it done the Friday after we smear TxState. You're missing your opportunity to milk it for 4 days of laying in the recliner watching football while your wife brings you whatever you want.

You make me sad.
AgTDub
AG
Any recs in NB?
Ogre09
AG
Doing it during the week = no kids running around the house all day

Just gotta sub some Lonesome Dove and John Wayne in for the football watching.

I'm still going to do plenty of sitting around watching football all fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.