Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,002 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Skubalon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

[This message has been edited by Skubalon (edited 7/24/2014 5:47p).]
BurrOak
AG
quote:
Basically they take a hole punch to your saq and then they use an unbent coat hanger to reach in and grab the pipeline that delivers the payload to its intended (or not) target. They then take a pair of wire snips, hold them under a blowtorch for a few seconds and sever the pipe.

I've heard that the local works fairly well but the smell of your flesh burning combined with the sizzle of baby batter on hot grease might cause the weaker among you to pass out.

Or something.

This post made my balls hurt and my whole body tremble.
Reel Aggies
AG
Feels like they are pulling your nuts outta your gut when they are pulling the cords out. My doc tried to BS with me the whole time, but I wasn't up for talking. Follow the instructions, was uncomfortable for several days. Then the dreaded spermatic granuloma hit about 2 weeks after. Swollen lumps on your berries that feel like you've been racked and won't go away. Went back to doc and he gave me three refills of ibuprofen 800mg, TID. Took a few days to go away. That was the worst part.

[This message has been edited by Reel aggies (edited 7/24/2014 6:46p).]
StillNotAnAggie
I had the no scalpel no needle procedure done by this guy. Easy 15 minutes. Spent the next day watching TV. Went Christmas shopping the day after. Would recommend and have.
http://www.texasoncology.com/doctors/Don_Berardinucci/

[This message has been edited by stillnotanaggie (edited 7/24/2014 6:58p).]
Ag97
AG
I had my boys snipped this past spring. The recovery was a breeze but the actual procedure sucks big-time. I think I managed not to scream out when he was injecting my nuts with the local anesthetic, but I know I broke into an immediate sweat. My entire body was sore afterwards because my muscles locked up when he was giving me the local. I also remember joking with my Dr. that he wouldn't have to worry about taping my pecker to my belly because little Ag97 knew what was going to happen and was currently hiding somewhere in my body cavity behind my kidneys.

All that being said it was still worth it.
Skubalon
quote:
I think I managed not to scream out when he was injecting my nuts with the local anesthetic,

I think I'm about to pass out.
RogueAg
AG
skubalon.... lmao! I'm dyin' here reading that post...
TKEAg04
AG
Did it earlier this year. Very easy and recovery was no problem.
dr_boogs
AG
This thread is going to be an OB classic, it's top 10 material already.
aggiepaintrain
AG
That smell.
Kjodie
VERY disappointed in some on the OB.

Snipped 3 years ago. Masters weekend. Beer, Vicodin, naps and ice packs for 2 days. Wife still brags to others about how manly I was about it.

Was it "completely" painless? There were some uncomfortable moments. But nothing awful.

I'd rather do it again than have a filling done by the dentist. That sucks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Had mine done a few years ago. Nothing to it - did it on Friday and watched football all weekend on the couch while the wife brought me beers.

The smell of my own flesh burning while talking SEC football with my doc was weird but painless.
ursusguy
AG
I hear recanalization can lead to a bit of a shock.
VanZandt92

[This message has been edited by vanzandt92 (edited 7/24/2014 10:15p).]
dubi
AG
Mr Dubi had it done 20 years ago last month.

8am Friday am: He went in and the Dr gave him the numbing shot them proceeded to cut 10 seconds later before the shots took effect. #1 nut was awful. #2 nut partially pain free.

9am: proceed to nursing classes for 1/2 day. Arrived home after lunch in severe pain with nuts the size of grapefruits.

Lesson? Listen to Dr when he says to rest with a bag of frozen vegetables on your nuts.
Comanche
AG
Not a big deal-- where a jock strap afterwards.
DayAg!
S
Worst fckin decision I ever made. One of the biggest regrets in my life after the fact was having that done. But you do what you need to.
VanZandt92
quote:
Worst fckin decision I ever made. One of the biggest regrets in my life after the fact was having that done. But you do what you need to.

Wait. What? Please inform.

I'm a doc, believe it or not.
Chazz03
AG
Here let me castrate myself! not...
Birddog
AG
Add me to the had it done and no big deal list. Best thing is the wife doesn't really know that. You can draw this out and live like a king for several days longer than necessary. Play that sympathy card as long as u can.
Physical Graffiti
AG
Had mine done two years ago over spring break. I work at a university and spent the whole week being served by my wife.

I also got the house to myself since the kids went to day care all week. It also happened to be the 1st weekend of March Madness!

Wore one size too small boxer Briefs and kept it iced down. Felt fine by middle of the week.
Ag97
AG
Man, I must have gone to the wrong doctor by the sounds of it. The actual procedure was one of the worst 30 minutes of pain and uncomfortableness I've been through. Everything from the doc shaving my boys with what felt like a rusty razor, to the searing sting of the iodine on said newly shaven nuts to the before mentioned anesthetic shots, to the pain of feeling your tubes being pulled from somewhere in your abdomen, to the doctor having to apply more local anesthetic after the procedure has begun because I could still feel what he was doing, I was glad that I only had to do it once. Either I'm a lot wussier than I thought or some of you guys had much better doctors than mine.

I went into my procedure thinking it was going to be no big deal and I'm pretty good at handling pain to coming out wondering "what the hell just happened?" I should have known it wasn't going to be a cake walk when the guy leaving the doctors office with his wife while I was walking in looked ashen faced, was walking bowlegged and his wife was asking him if he was going to puke on their way home. If you get it done, I would definitely go with a doctor from one of the fellas that said the procedure was no big deal. From what I went through, I don't know how you go through a procedure like that and not have a pretty good amount of pain associated with it. The good news is, the procedure is fairly short, so the pain doesn't last long. My recovery was pretty easy, I had it done on a Friday afternoon and I was in the yard planting my garden Sunday afternoon. I took Monday off, but probably could have worked a full day if I needed to.
VanZandt92
Ok ok . I should have come out and asked. Does it affect sex? I can handlepain.
TXAGFAN
AG
No more loads. It's awesome.
Ag97
AG
No sex at all for a week and then no "hanging from the ceiling fan, monkey sex" for a couple of weeks and everything is back to normal. Actually, knowing from then on out that the sex you have is just for the hell of it with no worries about unplanned little ones makes it even better, if it's possible to really make sex "better" to begin with.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sdo/3148365387.html
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Most horror stories I have heard were due to superman thinking he was feeling good enough to go about normal business. That's the thing, for the most part the next day you feel perfectly fine, so sit your ass on the couch with the remote or good reading material and take it easy.

There is no change at all before and after other than being careful until they do the verification, just in case. Beats the hell out of the alternatives or your wife taking meds she doesn't need.
ursusguy
AG
Seven's link
Old Town Ag
AG
All I can tell you is after the third injection my Dr. said "you can't possibly still feel anything". However, I assure you that I still could.
Hamburger Dan
I never expected this.
I like to read the outdoor forum for reloading info, hunting / fishing reports, and dead snake ID.
Ya ll have given me nightmares for life.
dodger02
AG
quote:
Most horror stories I have heard were due to superman thinking he was feeling good enough to go about normal business. That's the thing, for the most part the next day you feel perfectly fine, so sit your ass on the couch with the remote or good reading material and take it easy.

Troof.

I had Patty & Selma Bouvier as my nurses. That was fun. Go to a urologist, don't rely on a family practice doc to do the procedure. The urologist will likely do one every 30 minutes on his "vasectomy day". The FM doc might have done 5 this year. Which would you want working on you?

The procedure was uncomfortable, but not bad. The first nut was pain-free except for the little sting of the anesthetic needle. The second one, not so much. But it wasn't too awful. The rest of the day sucked. Day 2 was fine. By day 3, I was 100% back to normal.

But take advantage of the time off. Just don't be stupid and go skydiving, run a marathon, or fly internationally for a week or so.
DripAG08
AG
quote:
So I did it. Got the snip -- the tiny tubes terminated -- pinched off the old baby batter blaster -- you get the picture. While it was (as every man who has ever had it done at least one year prior will tell you) a very simple and quick procedure, I would not ever in good conscience tell another man considering it that it was anything less than a miserable experience. Most guys (fellow blank shooters) I spoke with played it down and made it sound as easy and manly as getting a few stitches after a bar brawl -- well I beg to differ. Although, all the slice-snip-burn-sew blow by blow, step by step tales I was told were frighteningly similar -- and mine is no different:

THEY TAPE YOUR DICK!!!- So after sitting slightly nervous and unquestionably cold in an ass-less gown for about 15 minutes -- periodically wiggling my pink pal just to shake out the shrinkage all the while being mindful not go full mast -- I mean who gets a hard-on in a cold doctor's office while waiting for some dude to rip open your sack and jam some scissors in the hole? Not this weirdo -- Anyhoo, the doctor & nurse bust in like they were trying to catch me jerkin' it (I'm too quick handed to worry about that) and get to work. I lay back, and ol' doc flips up the gown with the vigor and assuredness of a popular jock prom date -- pulls out and rips off about two feet of masking tape -- grabs my cock -- stretches it past my belly button -- and tapes it quite securely to my abdomen. In hindsight I think it's so my Johnson didn't retract into my pelvis as the pain, shame and discomfort slowly consumed me.

MEATBALLS IN A HOLE- The next step in prepping for the procedure was a generous coat of peroxide lathering my thighs -- then came the covering. The doc held up a dishtowel sized heavy cloth with a 3-4 inch diameter hole, well stitched and reinforced with a canvas-like material (you know, so your balls don't tear through it like wet toilet paper when they figure out what's about to happen to them). My freshly shaved scrotum poked through and also received an incredibly cold peroxide dousing. He says "this might get a little uncomfortable" and begins kneading and emulsifying my scrotum between his fingers looking for the right tube to terminate (there are a few on either side) and then came the needle. . .

YOU FEEL EVERYTHING- "You're probably going to feel a sharp pain and a some burning, but then you should not feel any pain from here on" -- Now, it's not that he was lying, but it's really not that simple. Needles don't bug me and a Novocaine shot is really not that high on the pain scale -- so far so good. Then he cut into my scrotum using some Chinese method I got a pamphlet on, but didn't give a **** enough to read about -- felt every bit of it, but it was not painful -- numb, but sensitive enough to know exactly what was happening down there without looking. He tears me open quite aggressively (still no pain, but discomfort was creeping in) and then the snip. . ...Ooooohhhhhh the snip. I could write a 2000 adjective only essay on the sensation that shot through my lower abdomen and there is not a woman on this planet that could read it and have even a slightest inkling of what I experienced in that very moment, but it only takes four words to let a brother know -- Kicked In The Balls. Not the initial contact pain like when the foot hits the ball or the balls slap the thigh or butthole, but the stomach ache fallout that follows. It's extreme nausea without the possibility of puking AND getting the wind knocked out of you without the breathing issue AND the cold sweats of a fever without the hot skin mixed with the sharp stinging sensation (and I'm assuming here) of being stabbed.

This was the point where I made the decision not to look up and see what was going on -- let me explain: It was during the birth of our first child that I discovered something about myself that had not previously occurred to me -- blood and gore does not phase me in person. I actually cringe sometimes when watching something particularly graphic in a movie or on TV, but when I peeked over the curtain while sitting beside my beautiful and insanely brave wife and (against the advice of the doctors and nurses in the room) peered directly into my wife's open abdomen -- did not feel faint or woozy or even the slightest bit phased witnessing the c-section birth of our daughter (I think that I am one in a very small group of men that can truthfully say that my wife is indeed beautiful both inside and out). And again for my son's circumcision (it's not mutilation if it can actually help him get laid when he is of sound mind and consenting age) where I watched wide-eyed and unflinching as they pinned back and peeled off the extra skin of my infant's ***** without so much as nose crinkle. It surprised me -- I felt slightly faint in anticipation both times, but not even a knee buckle once the gore was in view. Now, after all that chest pounding I will humbly admit that I was in no condition and harbored no desire to attain so much as a glimpse of what this sadistic ***** was doing to the closest friends of my taped dong.

EVER WONDER WHAT BURNT SCROTUM SMELLS LIKE?- I'm not totally sure exactly what was cauterized, but I smelled it. Didn't bug me -- it's the first thing every non-lethal sharpshooter out there told me about because it was so disturbing for them -- and because of that I was mentally prepared for it. It was weird though -- worth mentioning.

THERE ARE TWO- I am well aware that I'm no genius and this may just be common sense to most men out there -- maybe it's because I never gave it very much thought -- but it is a two part procedure and that did not initially occur to me. Two places to numb, two holes to cut, two tubes to snip and remove (which look like two small sections of spaghetti noodles -- which my doctor pointed out when he showed me commenting, "hope you weren't planning on pasta for dinner tonight" -- worth the co-pay alone) because most men have. . .everybody now. . .two balls. Duh. This was both surprising and disappointing to me as the first one is no picnic and after the full frontal sense assault I was in no mood to go through it again, but it was actually a lot easier. This time I was already entirely numb and I could identify each tug and snip as landmarks along the shameful journey and I knew exactly how many more pokes and puffs of flesh smoke were left until I could get out of there and get a burrito.

. . .AND THEN I PASSED OUT- Okay, procedure's over -- doc is gone -- nurse is gone -- and it quickly becomes (painfully) obvious that I did not shave above my ***** as I rip the tape -- and my pubes -- off of my abdomen. That hurt, but detaching the tape from the loose skin of my now embarrassingly small and shriveled dick helped me to forget real quick. I was not in any pain, but I instinctively got dressed and walked out of the doctor's office (yes office -- no surgical room) like a 90 year-old with osteoporosis after a 2000 mile donkey ride. I think my ego/pride/mojo was more injured than my balls. I was texting my supportive mate to come pick me up, but looked up to see her popping up from a waiting room chair -- mojo back -- posture back -- let's go eat! We carefully walked to the car and headed to the pharmacy to pick up my new best friend for the next two days. Driving along I gave my better half a quick and g-rated rundown of the procedure and about 4 miles out the car began to close in on me. The corners got dark and I warned my bride that I was going to go under for a moment and then the entire conversation we just had played back in my head at a much higher volume and furious pace -- the screaming in my mind gave way to white noise and I came to slouched in my seat and looking over at an angelic, but severely concerned companion. If getting your balls fondled and shredded by another man doesn't **** with your self-esteem, passing out like a little girl shortly thereafter kind of closes the deal. Feel free to make fun of me.

From Seven's link
MikesFamousJava
AG
I had it done years ago and was put under for the procedure. Everything went well with the surgery, but I started having pain upon arousal. Doctor never mentioned potential risks and side effects, and I was too dumb to ask. I suffered this pain for a year, went back to doc...all he could say was "I can write you a scrip for Prozac that might help." No thanks! And by the way...your special sauce still has to go somewhere, right? My guess is the pressure from that fluid is the source of the pain, but maybe it's just nerve ending damage?

I dealt with the pain for several years, then I tried acupuncture for something else. I mentioned my testicle pain, and she (acupuncturist) took care of it in one visit. I have to get another "treatment" every couple of years, but have been mostly pain free since. And no, the needle doesn't go there...

I'm not advising against the procedure...just make sure you investigate all the risks. And for any of you that have suffered pain as I described...see an accupuncturist. You'll be glad you did.
VanZandt92
wtf?

And after watching my wife go through an ectopic pregnancy, I have to say most of us are *******.
Kjodie
I didn't experience one thing from Sevens "craiglist" post.

I like to joke with my wife now that if i committed a sex crime there would be no DNA proof that it was me. (i know, not true).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.