Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,041 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Busta2003 said:

Sitting in the recliner icing the boys after having the deed done yesterday. Happy to have pain meds. That sucked as bad as I thought it would. Guys who say no big deal just don't make sense to me. The procedure took about 30 minutes. Thought it would be much faster based on what I had read on here. Happy to have lots of football to watch today.
yep. Stopped the codeine last night so I can drink beer today. Had to hustle a bit earlier to get the garbage out. Heard the trash truck and knew nobody did it.
Big 12 plays absolutely no defense.
OnlyForNow
AG
Mine was about 15 total. Your doc was slow.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Or his balls are bigger
OnlyForNow
AG
Touch
Ducks4brkfast
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Touch

No thanks
aTm2004
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Mine was about 15 total. Your doc was slow.

Took mine about 45 minutes.
Caliber
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Or his balls are bigger

I'm say bigger is probably easier and faster. Smaller and you have to work in a much tighter space and, well, things just take longer for micro level work.
OnlyForNow
AG
That's buddy!

Eat duck butter Ducks.
Ducks4brkfast
aTm2004
AG
Brad06ag said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Or his balls are bigger

I'm say bigger is probably easier and faster. Smaller and you have to work in a much tighter space and, well, things just take longer for micro level work.

No. Bigger requires heavy duty equipment, which they have to go to the hospital to get.
Gardening Ag

Ok, you guys talked me in to it. Any recs for a dr around austin?

TX scallywAG
AG
Can any Aggie vets do this for cheaper?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
TX_COWDOC
AG
Aggie MHA said:

Can any Aggie vets do this for cheaper?
Sure. Newberry knife or modified Reimer?
1997 AG
AG
Had mine done last Thursday, back at work today. All in all, pretty easy. Only issue was having to wait about 20 minutes after the nurse "cleaned" me up before starting the actual procedure. That could be considered psychological torture to make a man lay there that long fully exposed and knowing what is coming...once he started, took all of 10 - 15 minutes.

Never felt any real pain, just a bit uncomfortable. Kept two pairs of compression shorts on with a bag of frozen peas in between them for a couple of days.
Secolobo
AG
aTm2004 said:

Oh, and my mother is sitting next to me in the waiting room and joking with my brother about it. Eff my life.
Wish I would have thought of that before college...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
aTm2004 said:

Not bad. At home now in the recliner and waiting on the TCU/SMU game to start. Honestly, the worst part was the shot. That and knowing a hot nurse, who just shaved my balls because I didn't do a good enough job, was watching a dude play with my junk. All-in-all, easier than I expected.
Lucky man. My nurse was a short little Mexican guy and the AC was cranked down. I told the doc, " I get it now..."
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Farmers Fight 06
AG
I had mine on Thursday. The shots sting a little, but the rest of the time you don't feel much. Even though you're numb, there's a weird sensation that something very wrong is going on. Maybe it's just mental, but it's not a pleasant feeling.

And my dumbass put the frozen bag of corn directly on my balls and I think I got ice burn. Litterally a blister spot, like frost bite. Put a paper towel or something between there.

I was up and doing yard work on Friday though, just a little slower than my normal self.
jakeaggie84
AG
Just had girl #4! I'm ready to meet a doc. Any recs for Katy/ west houston?
aTm2004
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Just had girl #4! I'm ready to meet a doc. Any recs for Katy/ west houston?
Damn dude. I hope your cat is at least male.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Dr. David Kent
AgTech88
AG
Had mine done years ago so procedure has probably changed, but was a strange experience.
1. The wife was in the room which didn't bother me, wanted someone to watch and tell me what went on. Her comment was "you watched 3 babies come out, I get to watch this"...
2. Dr came in not with a stethoscope hanging around his neck (the typical doc pic), but with what looked like a clothespin hooked to a long string of rubber bands (He assured me it was a sterile medical instrument). I was like "What is that for?" - he told me it was all good, better than tape? Well, he put a little noose in the rubber bands and put it around the "frank" and clipped the clothes pin to my shirt - held it out of the way. Ok, better than tape.
3. After he clipped the tubes he capped them with tiny stainless steel caps kind of crimped on. Said it would reduce chance of them re-connecting? Told me that for several months I might feel them from time to time until they got covered by scar tissue? Sure enough, if I moved wrong they would dig into a testicle and drop me to my knees.
4. Followed the rules - sat on my a$$ for 3 days with the bag of frozen peas, wore b**** pants with the boys tightly secured for a week. About 10 days in I was feeling good and kind of forgot, jumped off the tailgate of my truck - that hurt. Next day the boys swelled up and turned blue. Very bad and painful - Dont Do That.

Fun times......
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Rusty_Shakleford said:

Ok, you guys talked me in to it. Any recs for a dr around austin?

Dr. Koushik Shaw was my urologist (didn't get snipped by him, just saw him for some other things). A friend of mine did go to him for the snipping and was pretty pleased with him.

There's also Dr. Dick Chopp in the Austin area too.
76Ag
AG
No effing way.
Frisco
AG
Anyone have any recommendations for a college station dr? Wife just delivered the twins a few weeks ago (3 girls...I'm screwed) and I'm ready to get this done.

aTm2004
AG
Frisco said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a college station dr? Wife just delivered the twins a few weeks ago (3 girls...I'm screwed) and I'm ready to get this done.

You should try for another boy first.
Frisco
AG
HA! No....I'm done. I know when to leave the table when the dice just aren't going your way.
aTm2004
AG
I'll tell you this...it's much easier to tell my son "no" than my daughter. She'll be in a Rolls Royce and he'll be lucky to have a skateboard.
Frisco
AG
Just had my consult yesterday with Evan Lacefield at College Station Urology. Seems like a very cool guy, was easy to talk to under the circumstances. Appt made for next Thursday! Now to find a jock strap or some tighty whiteys.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I was at lunch with a bunch of coworkers recently and they were having a baby conversation. Someone commented that they read that there is a 70-80% chance that your third kid will be the same gender as the first two(assuming the first two are the same).

I'm curious to know if this stat is accurate based on the highly credible real life feedback of this board. TIA.
OnlyForNow
AG
Typically, the sperm from the male helps determine the sex of the offspring.

It's not the only factor, but it plays a bigger role in it.

So the more offspring produced that are the same sex, theoretically the higher likelihood of producing that same sex again.

Some people will tell you it's always a 50/50 chance. That's not really accurate, if you have a baseline that isn't zero.

aTm2004
AG
First was a girl and the other two were boys. Couldn't handle another girl. This one already has me tied around her finger.
Ag83
AG
BoilerAg10 said:

I was at lunch with a bunch of coworkers recently and they were having a baby conversation. Someone commented that they read that there is a 70-80% chance that your third kid will be the same gender as the first two(assuming the first two are the same).

I'm curious to know if this stat is accurate based on the highly credible real life feedback of this board. TIA.
I can think immediately of 3 families (one being my own) with at least 3 kids with the first 2 being the same sex. In all 3, the third child was of the different sex.
Bassmaster
AG
3 boys here. Lots of broken things in our house.
JobSecurity
AG
Scheduled for 12/7 with Russell Williams. Wish me luck
moore42
AG
Had mine done last Tuesday. The procedure was weird as best i could describe. Didnt hurt much due to deadening, but you could feel the Dr pulling on the tubes. I was there 10 minutes tops start to finish. The smell of burning the tubes was gross....as was the nurses joke about "Your own BBQ".

So much for taking it easy...the dog got out of the yard that afternoon and I had to chase it around. that sucked. But i rested the remainder of the day and part of Wednesday.

Cooked thanksgiving stuff Wednesday evening.

Helped my GF move on Friday/Saturday.

A little bruising, lots of swelling for 4-5 days. Pain was worst the first day, then it was just uncomfortable after that for 2-3 days.

I figured if I could help move over the weekend, I was good to work out starting Monday (2 days ago).

All good and everything works as it should! "Tested" out a few times already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.