Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

192,994 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Thanks guys!
Kjodie
Jeez, you guys going to Matamoros?
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
Worst part was all the chest hairs they yanked out when he untaped my schlong.
Good God man! I really hope I can meet you some day so I can shake your hand and show you some respect.
ursusguy
AG
Not that I'm helping, but it is amazing/scary how frequently this thread gets bounced back to the top. And, you almost feel obligated to see what new story shows up.

Apparently we all care for each other very much ;-)
MasterAggie
AG
I decided to read it again because I think I'm going to schedule one again soon. First time didn't go so well. Found out I had cancer at the initial visit and had to deal with that. I guess on the bright side cost of the vasectomy is actually only half now.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
I decided to read it again because I think I'm going to schedule one again soon. First time didn't go so well. Found out I had cancer at the initial visit and had to deal with that. I guess on the bright side cost of the vasectomy is actually only half now.
Jesus man... talk about unintended consequences... glad you found it.... doing ok now?
AtlAg05
AG
3 weeks out no issues, although one stitch did hang around longer than the others. Finally decided to pull it, basically the knot and the rest of it came right out. No pain just a weird sensation and nervous watching the thread come out, maybe 2 cm?

The procedure was quick, shaving was done beforehand and it was done in the office. It did not help that I had a nasty stomach virus two days before. I got lightheaded, got some cold rags, doc asked if I'd had lunch I said yes but I'd only been able to eat saltines and peanut butter.

Best part was it was only a $50 copay for the entire procedure. We had the gold health insurance plan this year for the birth of the third kid. Nice surprise.

Friend of RCII
AG
I am a 46 year survivor of vasectomy!
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Just scheduled mine for three weeks from today.
The boys have been aching all day long.
aggolfer
AG
Guess I don't have to get one now. Wife had the plumbing removed when our son was born 2 months ago.
VanZandt92
quote:

So how are you now?
VanZandt92
Yes
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Baby is here and appointment is set. What else do I need other than ice beer and a recliner??
raidernarizona
I found that bags of frozen peas were way more convenient than ice. Ice melts and doesn't feel good on your junk if it leaks. Blue Bell Ice Cream and the Band of Brothers box set came in handy that first day. But other than that, you're set if you have beer and vicodin.

Had it done last Friday. Left nut is still a little sore but played golf yesterday and will play basketball tonight. I found that the procedure was extremely easy. I honestly think the actual procedure was easier than a tooth cleaning.
AgEng06
AG
I need to schedule a consult, but just haven't done it.
Neches21
Had it done just over a month ago.
Took a full 7 days for the pain to go away.
One incision was healed in 7 days, the other took 30 days to heal.

Jock strap is a life saver. No one told me this before hand and I didn't figure it out till day 3.
Band aids also help big time.
I didn't hurt much on day 1 so I didn't ice down or take it as easy as I should have and I paid the price.
The procedure was quick. I did start getting nauseous and had it lasted 5 minutes longer I might have been in a bad place.

Hindsight, probably wouldn't have done it. Prospective patients should do their homework.
EVA3
AG
I had one back in August. Took a while to feel back to normal but all's fine now. It's nice to be able to go bareback again.
VanZandt92
Ol bareback.

Guess it's better than brokeback
Rhwill1973
Great topic!! I didn't think it was that bad but tell my buddies that its horrible.

I remember the day I scheduled my vasectomy quite well. Our third child was unplanned.....all cool......but figured it would be time to get cut relatively soon. About six months later my wife tells me she thinks she could be pregnant. I'm thinking, holy ****, always thougt I'd have two kids and now I'm staring at the possibility of four. Got on the phone to a urologist that I had previously seen and asked when we could schedule a vasectomy. The secretary asked when I wanted to get it done and I said, "when is your next open appointment, I can come tomorrow." She thought I was kidding. I wasn't. I got an appointment for the same week. My wife comes home and says she has good news. She says it was a false alarm. I say I also have good news and will be at the doc the same week. She insists on coming with me to get the deed done. After the procedure I walk out into the full waiting room and proclaim quite loudly in the most feminine voice I can make, "Don't worry honey, I'm still the man I used to be." At that point she wished she had not come along.

Wasn't a big deal, although I have heard some horror stories!!!!
Credible Source
AG
Are none of you worried about your 25 year old second wife wanting kids?
VanZandt92
Funny.

I think I was knocking boots after maybe 24 hours, but where there is a will. ..
VanZandt92
quote:
Had it done, didn't even miss a day of work. Twin boys will do that to you.

DVM

Should have been post of the day
Wife is an Aggie
I am 26 & I joke w my wife I am going to be the youngest to get one of these... We have a 2 yr old and a 3 mo old and wife already wants another!
VanZandt92
quote:
I am 26 & I joke w my wife I am going to be the youngest to get one of these... We have a 2 yr old and a 3 mo old and wife already wants another!

Yeah we have a two year old. Wow.
TX_COWDOC
AG
quote:
I had one back in August. Took a while to feel back to normal but all's fine now. It's nice to be able to go bareback again.
Don't you mean brokeback?
Vernada
AG
quote:

No. Not what that wife's for.
Vernada
AG
quote:

Just don't tell her. Keep trying.
Cowboy1990
BIL had a kid at 50-something....2 actually. Wife was in her mid twenties and neither had kids before although he had been married for a very short time when he was younger.

I can understand the desire to be a parent as I love being a father, but not sure I want to be going to my kids HS games, band concerts, etc in my 70s.
Wife is an Aggie
quote:
BIL had a kid at 50-something....2 actually. Wife was in her mid twenties and neither had kids before although he had been married for a very short time when he was younger.

I can understand the desire to be a parent as I love being a father, but not sure I want to be going to my kids HS games, band concerts, etc in my 70s.

This. I'll still be in my late 40s when my kids graduate college. My wife & I wanted to start a family right away. we were both graduated college and working "career" jobs at 21.
OregonAggie
AG
quote:

I had one at 25 after our second was born. Procedure was simple and last less than 10 minutes.

Here's some advice for others
*See a urologist. Some PCP docs do them and no way in hell do they have the experience of a uro.
*Take it easy for at least a week. Had mine in a Friday and went to work Monday. I was pretty sore Tuesday and Wednesday.
*Frozen peas instead of ice pack
*Use this as a guilt trip on the wife for as long as possible.

Good luck boys.
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
Don't you mean brokeback?
Oh, you!
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:

Just don't tell her. Keep trying.
POTY
cheeky
AG
Remember it like yesterday. First time I shorn the scrote. Long story short I could see the receptionist when I was most vulnerable
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
V day is tomorrow. Got peas and jock strap ready, got a few series to get caught up on, need to get some beer. BIL got snipped about an hour ago. My parents will be out of the grand kid business in a span of less than 24 hours. actually looking forward to getting some rest this weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.