Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,013 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you drive (yourself) home if you just get the spray?
Bottlerocket
AG
Count Counterpoint said:

Can you drive (yourself) home if you just get the spray?

i did. my doc offered valium for nerves but i didn't need it. ask your doc, but if just a local anesthetic you probably could drive home - but would depend on your doc.

03_Aggie
I did.
reddog90
AG
Skubalon said:

Quote:

I had the No Scalpal Version many years ago.

I read about this.

Basically they take a hole punch to your saq and then they use an unbent coat hanger to reach in and grab the pipeline that delivers the payload to its intended (or not) target. They then take a pair of wire snips, hold them under a blowtorch for a few seconds and sever the pipe.

I've heard that the local works fairly well but the smell of your flesh burning combined with the sizzle of baby batter on hot grease might cause the weaker among you to pass out.

Or something.
It took me several attempts to read through this. Knees are shaking.
TxFig
AG
Mine was done 26 years ago. Fear and anticipation was FAR worse than the actual procedure or recovery. I had mine done on a Friday morning. Spent the weekend on the couch watching TV. Went back to work on Monday.

Funniest thing was that the Dr. asked if I would be ok with a nursing student observing. Having previously been a Navy Hospital Corpsman (at a teaching hospital), I agreed.

Nursing student was a 19yo blonde knockout. Drop dead gorgeous.

I requested a mirror so I could watch the procedure.

About 2 minutes into the procedure, the Dr. used something that looked like a soldering iron to cauterize a blood vessel in my nut sack. A little wiff of ball-sac smoke goes up (interesting smell).

Hear a crashing sound. 19yo nursing student was on the floor, passed out cold.

I laughed.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Mine is scheduled for 3/3/2017.
07fta07
AG
It seems we missed a good opportunity for a group rate here.
Mule_lx
AG
Well Finn, how'd it turn out?
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Mule_lx said:

Well Finn, how'd it turn out?

That's a little creepy... Keeping track of another guys vasectomy.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Had to postpone it. Going in the 31st
Waterski02
AG
I'm still trying to rally my friends into a group buy as well. I figure we can all milk it into something great.
GottaRide
S
No, just no.
Cowboy1990
One of the best decisions I've ever made.
Mule_lx
AG
No, I think I'm due for one soon.
OutdoorAg
AG
As a guy who is going to have to have one of these done in The not too distant future, I absolutely hate when this thread comes back up.
Terk
AG
So glad that I got mine done years ago. Wish that I had gotten it done at 18.

I opted for the Valium and it was easy-breezy!
bigfoot10s
AG
OutdoorAg said:

As a guy who is going to have to have one of these done in The not too distant future, I absolutely hate when this thread comes back up.

Same
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Had mine yesterday afternoon. Thus far no pain or issue whatsoever. A little discomfort when they numbed up the sack but no real pain at all. Icing the junk 30 minutes on and 30 off.

The only real awkward part was that the nurse who did the prep and assisted the doctor was a very cute chick and an Aggie herself, class of '06.
Yesterday
AG
JUst has mine done. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones. Felt that pain all the way to my toes! The numbing part was the worst part but then he did the clip and we both realized we needed more numbing so he hit it again.

After that it was fine until I realized he had to do the other side too. So again came the shot for the second time and again he didn't get enough in there.

It wasn't the worse thing ever but my nuts feel like a constant squeeze right now. This **** sucks.
Aggieangler93
AG
Same **** happened to me. Of all things in the world....why would a male doctor, give a male patient too little anesthesia when about to cut on a man's sack? Cmon doc....spend a few pennies and numb that **** up!!!
I started squirming and yelled at him to give me more anesthetic......If he wasn't really near my balls with a scalpel, I would have broke that idiot's nose....damn straight!

I did go right home and get in recliner with peas. Followed orders to a T, and have been trojan-free for years. That is by far the best part.

I have also heard many stories of those who don't!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
AG
LOL...I was concerned my nurse may have been a good looking female, but thank God a dude came around the corner....

Only time in my life I was:
1. having a dude touch my junk.....
2. happy with that situation....
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
MookieBlaylock
AG
On he'll no if a guy that got shot 6x says it hurts them i am out
Ag97
AG
This thread always makes me break out in a cold sweat remembering mine. It effing sucked. Glad I only had to do it once.

Jrod05
AG
Mine sucked just like your experience 03. Not enough numbing felt that in my soul. Also apparently a knot in your nut sac is normal until it all gets well
OutdoorAg
AG
Dammit!!!! Not this thread again! My wife has been nagging me to have this done. Just when I think it's probably about time, this damn thread pops up with all you a-holes talking about how bad it was. Thanks a lot!
cevans_40
AG
My big concern is having this done and then everyone in town knowing what I am working with (or lack thereof).
drummer0415
AG
I'm looking into doing this sometime toward the end of this year. Would anybody like to share a doc recommendation anywhere on the west side of Houston/Katy area? Preferably from one of the guys that DID actually receive enough anesthesia. Thanks
Post removed:
by user
03_Aggie
drummer0415 said:

I'm looking into doing this sometime toward the end of this year. Would anybody like to share a doc recommendation anywhere on the west side of Houston/Katy area? Preferably from one of the guys that DID actually receive enough anesthesia. Thanks

Dr. Russel Wilson has probably snipped the majority of TexAgs posters in Houston. He's off of I-10.
Jack Klompus
AG
03_Aggie said:

drummer0415 said:

Dr. Russel Wilson has probably snipped the majority of TexAgs posters in Houston. He's off of I-10.
It's Williams of the ManCenter.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
If you're in Houston, I'd recommend seeing Dr. Mohit Khera. I'm telling y'all there was virtually no pain.

They gave me a valium to relax about 30 minutes before I went back. Then the nurse did the prep, doc came in and numbed things up and was done in 15 minutes or so.
Yesterday
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

If you're in Houston, I'd recommend seeing Dr. Mohit Khera. I'm telling y'all there was virtually no pain.

They gave me a valium to relax about 30 minutes before I went back. Then the nurse did the prep, doc came in and numbed things up and was done in 15 minutes or so.

So there was no pain when they stuck a needle in your sack and injectrd lidacain into it? You're either a liar or super man!
MAROON
AG
I guess I forgot the pain, don't remember this procedure being any big deal at all. Loved the three day weekend watching sports with no interruptions. Also loved when the pretty young nurse shaved my nutsack.....

Finn Maccumhail
AG
It was very minimal when they injected. Not painful really just uncomfortable.
03_Aggie
Oops. Yeah...Williams, not Wilson.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.