Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

192,980 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
bohica379
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HAHA you let your old ladies emasculate you! Not for me !
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
44 years ago? Jesus Christ, weren't they still using leeches then?!?!
KRamp90
AG
I am still intact. The rib had her tubes tied after #4. So, she can't get preggers, but I still function. Hmmm, still have not really reconciled that after 12 years...
DripAG08
AG
Needed a good laugh on a Friday afternoon
LSB_2002
AG
quote:
quote:
This is my plan. Consultation is next week...

Hope your consultation is less exciting that mine was. That is when I found out I had ball cancer.
Dadgum! Glad you went for the snippy snip!
Towns03
AG
bump.

my wife is pressing hard for this...
Towns03
AG
I'm laughing/crying because after reading this there's no chance I'm going through with it.
cmag
I'm scheduled for the 10th. I wish I hadn't read this.
cmag
I'm scheduled for the 10th. I wish I hadn't read this.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Get it done on a Friday. Spend the weekend on the couch drinking beer. The horror stories are usually from people being stupid.

Then rawdog away.
Yesterday
AG
Well thanks guys. I'm getting mine done here in the near future and i've gone from thinking it's an easy procedure to a 50/50 shot between "no big deal" and "holy **** they're pulling my eye lids through my piss hole while setting my nut hairs on fire."
aggielostinETX
AG
it's no biggie.... didn't you get shot?
rather be fishing
AG
Younger guys should look into having their wives get an arm implant.

It's pretty much like having your dog microchipped.
rhtexfish
AG
Sounds like some of y'all need a new urologist!
aTm papi
If you're in Austin, you should also try Dr. Michael Floyd. He's an Ag.

Stop being panochas. It's an easy procedure. Just make sure you relax, lay down, and ice your huevos.
plowboy1065
S
I'm having the no needle no scalpel procedure done the first of Dec. Looks a lot less painful and very quick recovery
BCO07
AG
quote:

There's about a 20% (anecdotally i think its higher than that, probably closer to 30%) chance that you and she will regret that one when it turns out she is bleeding more often than not and in a totally unpredictable pattern. Just FYI
Bottlerocket
AG
it's really no big deal. I had the no scalpel method in May. no big deal at all.

1. get your follow up specimens checked!
2. rest for the weekend. I overplayed it a bit because it's a very rare occurrence where I get to sit on the couch all day and drink beer without pissing off my bride.
BCO07
AG
quote:
I'm having the no needle no scalpel procedure done the first of Dec. Looks a lot less painful and very quick recovery
Know that there are still needles used (which you want to numb you up) and holes cut, just smaller.
Buck O Five
AG
From seven's link:

I was not in any pain, but I instinctively got dressed and walked out of the doctor's office (yes office -- no surgical room) like a 90 year-old with osteoporosis after a 2000 mile donkey ride.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
quote:

There's about a 20% (anecdotally i think its higher than that, probably closer to 30%) chance that you and she will regret that one when it turns out she is bleeding more often than not and in a totally unpredictable pattern. Just FYI
She's on her second one, no issues.
Stive
AG
Had mine done last Friday. Easy and no big deal.

Took all of ten minutes actual procedure time, we walked in the office at noon, and walked out by 1:00. Layed on the couch all weekend watching football, and not moving much, and have had zero issues or pain.

My urologist rocks (things you say as you start to get old)!!!!!!
AggieChemist
AG
My wife got a hysterectomy. I suggest you go this route.
El Chupacabra
Mine was no issue, although I had a little pain in one ball for about 6 weeks after. Nothing some pills didn't fix.

The procedure is easy and only time you feel anything is the first shot of anesthetic. My blood pressure was about 160/120 at the start, then dropped back to normal at the end.

I saw my nurse at chic fil a about 4-5 months after the procedure. She recognized me. She must have seen something memorable that day. As in, "that's the smallest **** I've ever seen on a grown man."
El Chupacabra
Something I should mention. i had to do a couple of at home sperm tests 4 & 6 weeks after the procedure. The kit recommended some obnoxious number of 'releases' to make sure the pipes are cleared before taking the tests. Like teenager in high school numbers. You're not supposed to have unprotected sex in that time, just in case. So it was a good month or so of 'on demand' bjs.
water turkey
Don't be a *****. Just go do it.
JaneDoe02
AG
Don't do it. Just have more babies. Babies are awesome!
Buck O Five
AG
i hear there are urologists that won't perform the procedure if you don't have any kids. I guess we shall see.
MCMXCVII
AG
Just remember: Everyone you talk to who's had it talks s**t about how it's no big deal. Then you have it done and something happens like you get lightheaded and break out in profuse sweats like I did or worse. THEN the same badasses reveal that the same thing happened to them.

Rite of passage. It sucks. Just get it over with and tell everyone how it was no big deal.
ChampsAg
My urologist sat down with my wife and me for an initial visit to make sure that we knew what we were doing. Then asked again the day of the procedure. Wanted to make sure that we knew that we wanted to do this before he performed the procedure.

It was a little more uncomfortable then I had expected. Did break into a sweat. My wife is a nurse and wanted to be in there with me. She got worried which did not help my concerns!

Our biggest issue was not cleaning out the pipes properly after the procedure. I had my procedure done a couple of months after our second child was born and neither of us had much time for "fun".

I do say that you need to man up and get it done. A hysterectomy is much more dangerous than a vasectomy.
BCO07
AG
Did one last week that was hilarious. Most patients just look up at the ceiling waiting for it to be done, this guy damn near asked to get in on the action. Lots of "holy crap, would you look at that" and "what do you mean I have a tiny vas"
suprafly03
AG
quote:
Had mine done last Friday. Easy and no big deal.

Took all of ten minutes actual procedure time, we walked in the office at noon, and walked out by 1:00. Layed on the couch all weekend watching football, and not moving much, and have had zero issues or pain.

My urologist rocks (things you say as you start to get old)!!!!!!

I know who you are Stive!

Who did you use? I need to get mine done too. DeCarlo?
Stive
AG
Another Stive stalker! I'm humbled (not really) and honored.

Yes....Decarlo was my guy. He had nice steady hands.....in a testicle operating kind of way. Nice guy, easy to talk to, answers all the questions, been doing it a long time, etc.

Now....to get my Sherlock Holmes on and figure out who you are and how you know me....

suprafly03
AG
quote:
Another Stive stalker! I'm humbled (not really) and honored.

Yes....Decarlo was my guy. He had nice steady hands.....in a testicle operating kind of way. Nice guy, easy to talk to, answers all the questions, been doing it a long time, etc.

Now....to get my Sherlock Holmes on and figure out who you are and how you know me....

I'll make it easy for you and Watson. Church!
eric76
AG
oops

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.