Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,038 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice.

That narrows it down to about 800......figure 40 or so of that group would qualify for an Ag tag on here. Cut that in half for men.....so I'm working with a pool of 20. I can probably weed that out sufficiently given a bit of time.
cmag
All shaved and ready to go.
farmersfight
AG
Make sure your wife isn't having an affair first!
jbanda
AG
1 week from tomorrow for me.
farmersfight
AG
I had mine a couple years ago...procedure on Monday and was walking bourbon street that Friday. Went to the LSU game, everything was fine.

Just be careful when jumping out of the back of a truck. Felt that one for a few hours.
cmag
I was completely out for mine because they were scoping my bladder. Greatful for that. About 20 hours after the procedure now and I feel literally like my nuts are in a vice. Kinda sucks, but I'm 90% sure I'm not going to die.
texsn95
AG
I had it done a month ago under local, and it was the worst 15 minutes of my life. Had my wife not been in there, I would have passed out on the table. So glad it's over.
raidernarizona
Got a boy and a girl and now I need this done. This thread F'N sucks! Scared to read the whole thing.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Gonna get this done soon.

The rib and I have 2 boys and we're done. I'd go for another one but she doesn't want anymore. Plus she can't be on the pill due to some reaction and I'm sick of having to wrap my dude.

But the procedure is on hold until I'm off warfarin for the blood clot I got back in August. 3-6 months on the warfarin is standard procedure and I'm 3mos. in.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Again, in case you missed it earlier because it is way too funny to not post twice.
Maverick06
AG
Had mine done about a year ago. No big deal other than sweating profusely and nearly passing out just after he finished up and told me to put my pants back on. Had to lay on the table with a cold rag on my face for about 15 minutes. Doc said it was actually quite common for guys to react that way. Something about the stress and the relaxing once it's done that triggers it. Bags of peas and milking an entire weekend of nothing and I was good to go on Monday. Would do it again if I had to.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Would do it again if I had to.
Mine was ok with no complications, but no way would I say this, never want things that sharp in that region. Much like if men had to go through childbirth. She would only get me drunk enough one time, wouldn't stick my hand back in that bear trap.
LCE
AG
Had mine done years ago. Doc decided he needed to train a few young girls to help w procedure. Girls said I didn't shave good enough. They all 3 watch etc. Long 15 minutes
agfan2013
AG
Man, there are just some topics you know will get a lot of responses on the OB (quitting dipping, land disputes with neighbors, anything about alcohol) but getting your nuts snipped is not one I excepted to see stay on the front page for so long.
bkag9824
AG
Any other dr recs?
suprafly03
AG
Where are you located?
bkag9824
AG
Houston, but willing to travel in TX for the right doc who won't actually castrate me.

Have folks in all major metro areas so no worries about long trips home until cleared for travel.
Kjodie
Dr. French in Dallas did mine. Good Ag. His staff was off that afternoon so it was just me and him. We talked about fishing the coast the whole time.

Worst part for me was that first shoot of anesthesia. Much like going to the dentist when you get that first shoot to numb things. Not the worst thing in the world by a long shoot but i didn't like it either.

Lots of good brownie points for me and i gilted her into "helping" with the samples!
austinrb10
AG
French didnt do mine because I grew up with and attended school with him. Rather awkward. But, he is who you want. He is an extremely smart individual, and very advanced within his field.

That first needle that slowly enters the testicle is torturous.....
suprafly03
AG
quote:
Houston, but willing to travel in TX for the right doc who won't actually castrate me.

Have folks in all major metro areas so no worries about long trips home until cleared for travel.

Well, don't go see my guy. He said during the consultation that it was a lot easier if he just lopped off my *****. I think he was just joking...
Funky Winkerbean
AG
How's the little one?
austinrb10
AG
Supra,

Not as bad as my experience. The nurse walks back in after prepping for the doc, and says "I went ahead and turned up the air since it seemed like things were a little cold in here."

She was impressed by my f/u cup though.
Stive
AG
quote:

Wait.....you took the shot INTO the nut???? WTH? My guy numbed my sack where he put the incision but I think that was it. He worked the cords to the opening, did the deal, and we were done. The shot felt like a tiny pinch (easier than a shot in the arm) but wasn't a big deal.
BCO07
AG
quote:
quote:

Wait.....you took the shot INTO the nut???? WTH? My guy numbed my sack where he out the incision but I think that was it. He worked the cords to the opening, did the deal, and we were done. The shot felt like a tiny pinch (easier than a shot in the arm) but wasn't a big deal.

I'm still a student, but that is definitely not where I've ever put the needle
OutdoorAg
AG
My wife and I have been talking about getting this done in about 6 months. I really wish I hadn't read every post on this. I went from believing my buddies that said it wasn't a big deal at all, to now being scared sh***less. I'm sweating now just thinking about it. Thanks a lot a**holes!!!
Stive
AG
quote:
My wife and I have been talking about getting this done in about 6 months. I really wish I hadn't read every post on this. I went from believing my buddies that said it wasn't a big deal at all, to now being scared sh***less. I'm sweating now just thinking about it. Thanks a lot a**holes!!!

It's seriously no big deal. Start to finish was less than 10 minutes, talked to the doc and the nurses the entire time, laid there for 15 min or so after just to make sure all was good then I walked out. That's the same thing I've heard from some others as well.

Just ask around for the best urologist near you, ask plenty of questions beforehand, and follow their advice for the 2-5 days afterward and you should be fine. Every horror story I've heard had to do with guys trying to do too much too soon after. Take it easy for a week or so and you'll be fine.
suprafly03
AG
quote:
My wife and I have been talking about getting this done in about 6 months.....

You do realize that only you have to do this right? Your wife doesn't have to get anything done in this process. You need to point that out to her. You're taking one for the team here milk it for all you can.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

Well, don't go see my guy. He said during the consultation that it was a lot easier if he just lopped off my *****. I think he was just joking...
Wait.....you think you're getting to keep your *****?

pasquale
AG
I need to get this done before end of year because we met deductible already. Bowl season sounds like a good time
Vernada
AG
Lol. You guys are killing me with the 'consultation' bs.

I walked in. Met doc. Told him to not to describe anything and just get it done.

Ag97
AG
Wait, so some of you had the procedure done with just a numbing shot to the sack and not the nuts? The shot to the nuts was the worse part. If that's a possibility, i would definetly go to a doctor who does the procedure that way.
Stive
AG
quote:
Wait, so some of you had the procedure done with just a numbing shot to the sack and not the nuts? The shot to the nuts was the worse part. If that's a possibility, i would definetly go to a doctor who does the procedure that way.

Absolutely.

Shot to the sack, cuts a small hole, works the cords over to that hole, snips them, tiny titanium clamps on the cords. couple of stitches on the hole....done. Nothing to the testicle itself; no need.
oldschool87
AG
When the doctor says " you will feel a slight tugging sensation"... Let's use an analogy shall we: doctor, slight tugging sensation = pot hole: you, pot hole = Grand Canyon, all of it!!!!!!!!

Take your bottom lip and pull it over your head. That's the slight tugging sensation! I was also electrocuted but I have posted that before somewhere...
austinrb10
AG
Wth? There was a better way? Mine was done 9 yrs ago. So, maybe theyve improved? Do they still sauder? Nothing like seeing and smelling smoke.....
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Mine was a while back. More painful than advertised. Training day at the hospital and a constant stream of student nurses came by for a look see.

Biggest takeaway: I learned that I could hold my breath for about half an hour.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.