Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,043 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Bottlerocket
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a new method is called no scalpel method. no scalpel, no cauterizing, no smoke, no stitches. easy easy
raidernarizona
quote:
a new method is called no scalpel method. no scalpel, no cauterizing, no smoke, no stitches. easy easy
They still cauterize the vas with the no scalpel don't they?
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
Don't think they did on mine.....
Vernada
AG
quote:
quote:
No
raidernarizona
then they tie it off? couple half hitches?
Kjodie
^ weird. Dr. French cut, tied and cauterized the vas to make sure there was no way anything got through.
raidernarizona
How is that weird? Just seeking clarification. The only friend I know who's had it done this way told me the cauterized. It's pretty clear there are different methods. I would have more peace of mind know it was closed off (cauterized) and tied
Kjodie
sorry, i was kinda talking out loud about the "no scalpel" method. It refers to how there is no blade used on the scrotum not on how the vas deferens are dealt with.
cmag
Glad I was completely out for mine. Most of that sounds terrible. Waking up with an ice pack on my package wasn't bad.
Finn
AG
Dr Russel Williams, over in the energy corridor
Finn
AG
Sonic is 2 minutes away. Get a huge bag of sonic ice and never look back. The stress of going was more than the procedure or recovery of 1 day.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Sonic is 2 minutes away. Get a huge bag of sonic ice and never look back. The stress of going was more than the procedure or recovery of 1 day.

Totally agree with this. The anticipation and waiting was pretty brutal. The procedure isn't pleasant but is fast.
Smithjg
quote:
VERY disappointed in some on the OB.

Snipped 23 years ago, Masters weekend also for me.
Got an infection and took days until I was better! Worst part was all the chest hairs they yanked out when he untaped my schlong. It's worth it for the peace of mind. The weird thing was, two weeks before my procedure, the wife found out she was pregnant. We had decided if it was a boy we'd name him "Nick" because he got in there just in the nick of time. Unfortunately, she miscarried....
AgLawman
AG
Had mine done 16 years ago. Nothing to it.

Those 16 years of "peace of mind" have been wonderful.

I still recall (with great pleasure) the feel of warmed shaving cream being slathered on my sac...stellar.
farmersfight
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not sure what they payoff is on the no scalpel. They are putting in hole in your scrote no matter what, and even with a scalpel, unless your doctor is blind, mentally challenged, or went to med school in the dark ages, the hole should be tiny. And regardless of method, they are still cutting the vas.
jbanda
AG
OK done yesterday. Wasn't the most terrible experience but not super enjoyable either. Doc was a good Ag and we talked Aggie football the whole time. It was over before I knew it. Sitting here trying to rest.
AgBass01
AG
Be sure you have several bags of frozen peas!
Kjodie
Vicoden...Beer/ice bag....nap....Repeat!

I did it Masters weekend so i had something to watch all day.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
OK done yesterday. Wasn't the most terrible experience but not super enjoyable either. Doc was a good Ag and we talked Aggie football the whole time. It was over before I knew it. Sitting here trying to rest.
My doctor was a Vandy grad and insisted we discuss SEC football until I asked him for a bit of silence until we were finished. He respected that thankfully.
aggielostinETX
AG
Was he worried about our ball handling?
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
ToddyHill
AG
quote:

That's how mine was done. Under local. I have to say the smell of burning flesh was something I didn't expect. All in all....no big deal...until I got home and thought I could mow the yard, split wood, and all those other weekend chores. Don't do it.

Stay home and relax with a six pack, a couple of bags of frozen peas, and a remote control.
Ogre09
AG
quote:
Worst part was all the chest hairs they yanked out when he untaped my schlong.

They taped it to your chest???
DannyDuberstein
AG
My doctor wasn't worried about me getting a boner while he did the surgery, so I wasn't taped down. Some of you must be giving off weird vibes.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
Wish I could report something good for this weekend but truth be told, he handled the balls well and complimented my lawn.
Ducks4brkfast
elfurioso92
AG
Sounds more like a Longhorn grad.
jbanda
AG
No cauterization for me. He cut out a half inch of vas each...and then showed me when he cut out. I nearly fainted.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
No cauterization for me. He cut out a half inch of vas each...and then showed me when he cut out. I nearly fainted.

Same here but I didn't faint... Instead I did the most logical thing possible, whipped out my iPhone and photographed my ball tubes once the doc stepped out then texted the photo to my wife to let her know they were just about to glue the shafts on to her most treasured new set of earrings.
Vernada
AG
quote:
My doctor wasn't worried about me getting a boner while he did the surgery, so I wasn't taped down. Some of you must be giving off weird vibes.

Some of us have one that might actually get in the docs way so we get the tape.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Because its so small they don't know which way it might shift?
plowboy1065
S
Had the no needle no scalpel done today. Quick procedure and so far no problems just a little discomfort. I did have my blood pressure drop while I was on the table and he had to stop for a minute to keep me from passing out. If it wasn't for that I would say I worried way too much about getting it done
plowboy1065
S
quote:
Dr Russel Williams, over in the energy corridor

That's who did mine today
Rick Dalton
AG
Thoughts and prayers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.