Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,018 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
TMfrisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I felt much better when my doctor said, "some docs brag about how little novicaine/lidocaine etc they use, personally, I like to use enough to float a battleship".
No problems here.
03_Aggie
quote:
I felt much better when my doctor said, "some docs brag about how little novicaine/lidocaine etc they use, personally, I like to use enough to float a battleship".
No problems here.

Pretty sure I got around ten injections and I'm pretty sure he started before they were fully in effect! Not that it was painful but it did catch me off guard since I wasn't anticipating anymore "rubber band pops".
Post removed:
by user
03_Aggie
You'll be alright. I definitely experienced what some others described, probably because I ended up using the same dr, but I would say overall it's more in a level of discomfort for a couple of minutes as opposed to painful. It was just one time that caught me off guard. he was good at giving a heads up if I'd feel something and that one time came without warning.

If everything keeps trending the same way then the hardest part is going to be sitting around for the next two days as I feel fine now.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
With college football so close, who would get it done now?
BQ92
AG
after all of these warnings of the pain bring worse than expected, also be aware you may never want to eat peas again.

I used to enjoy them. Hurt a bit every time I see them bow.
03_Aggie
quote:
With college football so close, who would get it done now?

I was of the mindset of go and get it over with. But I did also make the comment that this has to be the worse time of the year, from a sports perspective, to pin yourself up for a weekend.

To ccolley's point on the day of the week to have it done, I'd also recommend not having it done on a day your kids are at home with the nanny. Fortunately I had knee surgery a few months back so she assumed that's why I was walking funny and grabbing an ice pack...who was I to try and set the record straight.
lexofer
AG
I got mine done a few weeks ago with Dr. Russel Williams here in Houston who has done over 11,000 vasectomies. It was a no needle, no scalpel, no stitches procedure and after doing some research this type of procedure looks to be a lot less invasive than a normal vasectomy. He just pokes a hole in the scrotum, pulls the vas out through the hole to staple and cut then just drops it back in and a dab of skin glue to close it up.

The whole procedure was very streamlined, the nurse brings you in, asks a few questions, weighs you, then takes you into the room where the procedure is to be done. Nurse has everything laid out and the Dr. comes in a few minutes later. You lay back, the Dr. is the only one in the room, he has a little lidocaine gun that shoots bursts of air to spray the lidocaine hard enough to get under the skin. This stings a little but less so than a shot. After that the Dr. talked to me the whole time asking questions and I felt nothing. Not even tugging or anything, the Dr. did a great job of keeping me distracted from what he was doing. 10 minutes later pull up your pants and waddle out of there.

The first day there was a dull pain, I put ice on 3 times but didn't really need it after that. Next couple of days just a slight sensation of having been recently hit in the balls especially when you put pressure on them. I had no bruising or swelling. This Dr. just uses a drop of skin glue to close the hole instead of stitches. I accidentally pulled it off when I pulled off the bandage the morning after. Took 4 days or so for the hole to close because of this but it wasn't that big a deal. No other complications. I recommend Dr. Williams, although the cost is $950, I found Doctors that would do it cheaper but I felt this guy was the best and I didn't want to take any chances considering where he was operating.
ccolley68
AG
Williams did mine as well. Same thing for me on everything as far as pain and everything, but I did have some bruising on the satchel, on the bottom. I hadn't noticed, then pulled the sack up one day and was horrified that the entire bottom of my sack was black. Lasted a week or so. But didn't hurt.
Cowboy1990
Had mine done about three years ago...

Benefited from it yesterday morning and then again last night. Yesterday was a good day!
Post removed:
by user
DeadCiv
AG
jake2011 said:

Just had mine done and got the frozen peas on as we speak. Wasn't painful at all but I had built it up to be so big in my mind that I almost passed out on the table when he got started. Nurse had to fan me. Also good stories from my wife from all the other wives in the waiting room. I intend to milk the weekend for all it's worth as a couch potato.

There's a lot of wisdom in the above
Aries
Husband gets to have 1. I've been thru enough after having kids, 1 that tried to kill me after having her & still getting the over that.

He can't complain.
levimod
AG
Aries said:

Husband gets to have 1. I've been thru enough after having kids, 1 that tried to kill me after having her & still getting the over that.

He can't complain.

Cryptic but informative!
AgsMnn
AG
If this third kid is a girl. I will be making an appointment. Done
Aries
If this last 1 (our 2nd) was a girl, I was going to leave it up to him on if he wanted to have a 3rd & try for a boy. It was a girl.

But then after being taken to an ER & then transferred to a big hospital where I got to stay for 3 days 10 days after giving birth, he made the decision that we are done. Guess he loves me enough to think that putting my life at risk isn't worth another child.
Post removed:
by user
tamc1956ag
S
Mine was a piece of cake. One small puncture maybe one stitch? Mowing the yard next day and running.
dubi
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Mine was a piece of cake. One small puncture maybe one stitch? Mowing the yard next day and running.

I think you must have a really high pain tolerance!
03_Aggie
dubi said:

tamc1956ag said:

I think you must have a really high pain tolerance!

Or really small nuts.
Cowboy1990
Utilized mine last night!
outlawag
AG
Just got mine done today with dr Russell Williams thanks to Texags recommendations.

So far so good!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
I had a vasectomy done in San Antonio back in the 90s. The name of my doctor...wait for it...Dr. Polsky. I kid you not.
showtime
AG
Just scheduled with Dr. French in Dallas. Only awkward part was explaining to his receptionist where I got the referral. "Uh, TexAgs? Surely you're familiar?"
AtlAg05
AG
showtime said:

Just scheduled with Dr. French in Dallas. Only awkward part was explaining to his receptionist where I got the referral. "Uh, TexAgs? Surely you're familiar?"

Yeah, you know it's an online forum where a bunch of guys have talked about getting their junk cut open.
Cowboy1990
In light of recent personal/professional events I couldn't be happier to have had mine done a couple of years ago.
oldag941
AG
I'm one of the 1/1000 that ended up having the privilege of a second procedure (about 8 months or more later). Don't recommend.
Hobbes01
AG
My second was done about 2 months after the first. They kept finding swimmers in the follow-up samples. Worst part was the second procedure was done as outpatient surgery so that he "could make a larger incision and really see what was going on". On the plus side, I was completely knocked out for it.

So please do your follow up lads - you don't have to do the deed on site either. You just bring in your sample from home. If I had skipped that part, I would likely be the father of 3 girls right now.
ksp
Dr Charles Pierce just did mine two weeks ago. Little to no pain.
Kjodie
showtime said:

That's hysterical, next time tell her Kjodie recommended him.

I had mine on a Friday when his staff was off. Just me and Dr. French for about an hour, talking fishing. You know, usual guy stuff.
I.Y.A.C.Y.A.S. '91
BQ92
AG
I used to eat peas.
dodger02
AG
I was so high from the laughing gas that I was pretty much incoherent. The half-life of nitrous is so short that it quickly wears off after they turn the gas off and I just remember instantly sobering up and realizing how freaking stupid I had acted during the procedure.

I do remember the two nurses in the room looking like Patty and Selma from the Simpsons and laughing at me when I jumped as - for some reason - they kept squirting cold water on my junk.
Credible Source
AG
Rule 1
EVA3
AG
Rule 1
EVA3
AG
I may have posted this before. I went in for the visit. As soon as the doctor touched me he said, "Yeah, you're way to sensitive for us to do a local; we're gonna need to put you out."

I didn't even know a local was an option. I was under for the whole thing.

Praise God.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.