Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

192,981 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunately too busy during March madness. Masters week is the first time in the year I can breathe some.
GinaLinetti
AG
Crusaders41 said:

cpsencik04 said:

Man that would be sweet but I doubt my TRS dumpster fire would get me that lucky
My TRS Insurance only cost me a couple hundred bucks out of pocket.

TRS insurance just covered 100%of my IUD last month. Sounds about as painful as a vasectomy. If my boyfriend's insurance covers him getting snipped, he's going under the knife too
BurnetAggie99
Easy now Hide the scapel
Cowboy1990
Still one of the best decisions I've ever made. Love my wife and two kids. But don't want to love any "more" kids!
BurnetAggie99
Post removed:
by user
Yesterday
AG
Tune into the Aggie basketball game and you might understand what it will be like.
OregonAggie
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

March Madness. Make the most of sitting at home. Best decision I ever made.

This is a big thing at most Urology offices nationwide now and it all started in Eugene, Oregon at a clinic I used to call on. Here's a cool article about it:

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/news/2015/03/17/vasectomy-clinic-creates-march-madness-tradition.html
OregonAggie
AG
How will the world deal without little cherrylodes running around??
Buck Compton
AG
Both my fiancee and myself have ruled out kids, and get married in March. Master's weekend would be ideal for me.

Anyone with experience here having a doctor do it without already having kids? Have heard there can be some pushback from docs if you aren't already in your late 30s or already have kids. We will both be 30 by the wedding in March.
Yesterday
AG
Buck Compton said:

Both my fiancee and myself have ruled out kids, and get married in March. Master's weekend would be ideal for me.

Anyone with experience here having a doctor do it without already having kids? Have heard there can be some pushback from docs if you aren't already in your late 30s or already have kids. We will both be 30 by the wedding in March.
You'll get pushback but most will do it after they've warned you several times. It's not an end all be all anyhow. Two of my friends who have had it done have had more kids by reversing it or sucking the swimmers right out of the testicle.
planoaggie123
AG
Glad to hear. Saw his name on this thread and looked him up slog with a few others and seems to be a good choice. Probably go to his clinic in Frisco as it is less than 3 miles from my house.

I hope it is pain free and definitely plan to soak it up to get the full weekend of golf interruption free.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
A) 35-40, women who have not had children can get awfully interested in them.

Frankly, so can men.

B) It may not hurt to freeze some semen as a backup plan
jenn96
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

A) 35-40, women who have not had children can get awfully interested in them.

Frankly, so can men.

B) It may not hurt to freeze some semen as a backup plan
Agree with this.
ursusguy
AG
I can send you a mouthy 8 year old to help with those urges.
RedBeardDude
This thread always makes me nauseous.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Buck Compton said:

As mentioned above, at least pay to have a sample of swimmers frozen, because reversals are hit and miss if you end up changing your mind. One of the managers that works for me was an adamant "no kids" gal along with her husband (been married 5-6 years). At age 33, they change their mind and one is now on the way, due in June.
Post removed:
by user
planoaggie123
AG
Scheduled. March 2 2018. I thought about waiting until either Masters or March Madness but i semi want to get this over with and be "good-to-go" by early June when we are planning a vacation...
metrag06
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Scheduled. March 2 2018. I thought about waiting until either Masters or March Madness but i semi want to get this over with and be "good-to-go" by early June when we are planning a vacation...

In a similar spot myself

Made first call today to get in to meet the doc but was a bit taken back that consult and snip are all in one appt. First available appt is in late Feb but we have vacation in early May - I'm assuming I want to wait until after that.
EyeBalz
AG
DON'T DO IT! I'm a physician and I will forever regret doing this. Took years for me to somewhat normalize and I'm still not the same as before. Felt like I was kicked in the nuts every time I organismed (misspelled for your amusement).

Read about it before you do it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-vasectomy_pain_syndrome

Besides, she's the one definitely done having kids, as a man, you never know.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wessimo
AG
Made the mistake of opening this thread while in the waiting room this morning.

Went with Dr. Williams. The procedure was painless. We made small talk for 10 minutes and it was over. The hardest part was trying to keep my mind off what was going on down there. The cost was $950 with my high deductible plan.

Preemptively icing the marbles now and wishing there was daytime Olympics coverage on tv.
LSB_2002
AG
wessimo said:

Went with Dr. Williams. The procedure was painless. We made small talk for 10 minutes and it was over. The hardest part was trying to keep my mind off what was going on down there. The cost was $950 with my high deductible plan.

Preemptively icing the marbles now and wishing there was daytime Olympics coverage on tv.
Best of luck with your nuts!
planoaggie123
AG
wessimo said:

Good to hear. 10 min? Seems faster than i have heard of. I hope that is the case. I just wish it was over already....
planoaggie123
AG
metrag06 said:

planoaggie123 said:

In a similar spot myself

Made first call today to get in to meet the doc but was a bit taken back that consult and snip are all in one appt. First available appt is in late Feb but we have vacation in early May - I'm assuming I want to wait until after that.
Why would you wait until after? You should call one of the doctors and see if its possible for it to take effect in 2 months...i don't think it is just a time issue...i think there are other things that can speed up the process if you know what i mean...
phatpat21
This is absolutely hilarious and terrifying at the same time
Need to get snipped but man oh man I'm a little nervous
farmersfight
AG
Did mine a few years ago, easy time. Procedure was on a Monday or tuesday and was walking bourbon street that Friday night before the LSU game.

Only advice, make sure the marriage is in good shape before she signs the paper (for some reason I couldn't approve it on my own?). Ends up I went on that road trip with her sancho and his wife!
gillom
AG
Damn
bamdvm
Took my guy three tries over the course of 9 months. Ugh. Had a high deductible insurance plan and just couldn't imagine paying $1500 bucks out of pocket for a procedure that simple when we were only charging about $300 for a C-Section on a cow at the clinic at the time. Did some research and had about decided to do my own vasectomy when a "buddy" who was also an OBGYN offered to do it for no charge if I would take him saltwater fly fishing. Seemed like a good idea at the time.... First time wasn't too bad but the second time I knew what was coming so it made it a lot worse. The third time with the dread of what was coming plus having to cut through all the scar tissue from the previous two times made it miserable but it finally took. 20 mg of Valium and a couple of Red Stripes about an hour prior to the procedure helps. Never, ever barter for a free vasectomy. But I'm sure yours will go fine. Good luck!
Bassmaster
AG
bamdvm said:

Took my guy three tries over the course of 9 months. Ugh. Had a high deductible insurance plan and just couldn't imagine paying $1500 bucks out of pocket for a procedure that simple when we were only charging about $300 for a C-Section on a cow at the clinic at the time. Did some research and had about decided to do my own vasectomy when a "buddy" who was also an OBGYN offered to do it for no charge if I would take him saltwater fly fishing. Seemed like a good idea at the time.... First time wasn't too bad but the second time I knew what was coming so it made it a lot worse. The third time with the dread of what was coming plus having to cut through all the scar tissue from the previous two times made it miserable but it finally took. 20 mg of Valium and a couple of Red Stripes about an hour prior to the procedure helps. Never, ever barter for a free vasectomy. But I'm sure yours will go fine. Good luck!
No worries on that front for me. A vasectomy is on my short list of things that I will happily pay full price for.
drummer0415
AG
So I called yesterday and made an appointment. Getting the chop done on March 2nd. A little nervous, but mostly excited at the thought of not having to pay for any more kids.
Post removed:
by user
gunslinger14
Had it done about 4 years ago. No scalpel procedure, quick and easy. Like others here it was 10 minutes of small talk and done. A bit uncomfortable in that aspect but not bad. Drove myself home, poured a whiskey drink(on Dr's orders) and proceeded to ice away for 2 days. Only recommendation is to buy compression shorts to combat any sudden jolts, sneezes or coughs for the first week. On a side not my wife waited on me hand in foot that whole weekend. Bringing me food and making fresh whiskey drinks whenever I needed.
MisterShipWreck
EyeFixer said:

DON'T DO IT! I'm a physician and I will forever regret doing this. Took years for me to somewhat normalize and I'm still not the same as before. Felt like I was kicked in the nuts every time I organismed (misspelled for your amusement).

Read about it before you do it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-vasectomy_pain_syndrome

Besides, she's the one definitely done having kids, as a man, you never know.
Yes. My doctor told me specifically NOT to do this because of this problem. I have some issues that would make this highly likely to me. I've already had pain issues over the years. To have this procedure would be a very bad idea.
drummer0415
AG
gunslinger14 said:

On a side note my wife waited on me hand in foot that whole weekend. Bringing me food and making fresh whiskey drinks whenever I needed.

This is the part I'm looking forward to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.