Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,044 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
GIGEMeh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had mine done about a month ago. The anxiety was the worst part by far. No real pain from the procedure for me, except some lingering tenderness that mostly just made me cautious.
Jeff Boomhauer
I don't wish to add fear, but I had a rather bad experience and still feel varying levels of pain over 2 yrs later. I had the right testicle ascend while he was doing lefty. Once he got to the right side he couldn't locate the cord in the sack, so he clipped it up near the shaft. The left side was just fine after about two weeks, however the right side took about a year before it didn't chronically have nerve pain. Still intermittent pain, sometimes pretty bad.

I had the "no-scalpel" kind. I wish he would have talked to me about going up that high, at least given me the option of coming back in.

Moral of the story: talk to your doc before hand about going up high to get the cord. If you have to pay again to do the other side later, just go again.
Newoldarmy
AG
quote:
V day is tomorrow. Got peas and jock strap ready, got a few series to get caught up on, need to get some beer. BIL got snipped about an hour ago. My parents will be out of the grand kid business in a span of less than 24 hours. actually looking forward to getting some rest this weekend.
I'm about a month post V. The injections are bad. After that, it's no big deal.

Follow directions and take it easy. Any time over the first week that you are on your feet too much, the blood will go into your balls and turn them purple. After laying down for an hour or so, all good again.

I still have some sensitivity along the vas where it was cut and sewed shut, but nothing major. All in all I would compare it with getting a crown or something similar.
PANHANDLE10
quote:
quote:
Are none of you worried about your 25 year old second wife wanting kids?

Just don't tell her. Keep trying.

Holy crap. That is funny.
BMF_AG95
AG
V day tomorrow as part of a surgery to get a cyst removed from my right testicle. doc said much easier to do now since he will have me open. Can't do local. Not looking forward to general then the soreness. I might have to send my wife to the store for a jockstrap and frozen peas tomorrow afternoon.
ccolley68
AG
My 3rd kid (first son) is due any minute. I'll be having the V done once we are settled back in and mama and baby are back in the swing. SERIOUSLY dreading this. I hate dr's, avoid them at all chance, and really really hate needles. Some of y'all calm my fears, then comes a post about it being awful.

It seems similar to wisdom teeth. 3 out of 4 people say it wasn't a big deal, then there is the one guy who said it was terrible. Me, I am the 4th guy. My wisdom teeth pulling was horrible!! Hopefully the results of the vasectomy are different.
Kjodie
My wisdom teeth were horrible.
Vasectomy, no biggie.

Still get props from the wife for stepping up!
Smithjg
Dr. Marshall WIENER of Victoria, did mine!

Dr. Wiener, Wiener Doctor
Shilo
AG
quote:
Had it done, didn't even miss a day of work. Twin boys will do that to you.

DVM

I have twin boys. They are 2 years old. Didn't get it done quick enough... My third boy turns 1 tomorrow. I need to make an appointment.
Aries
I don't want to read through all 9 pages so does anyone have any recs for a doc in Fort Worth? If this kid (#2) is a boy, husband will be getting snipped asap.
62strat
AG
quote:
Are none of you worried about your 25 year old second wife wanting kids?
That's what this guy is for

fireinthehole
Let's see, ummm, NO!

F that.
Greendale 87
AG
My doc put an interesting twist on my procedure, as he played a local classic rock station on the radio while completing it. His exact guidance was "sometime in the next few minutes you will hear a tune you will always remember as you Vasectomy Song."

That was 12 years ago and I do indeed remember it-- "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen.

dodger02
AG
For those with anxiety, ask for Valium and/or laughing gas during the procedure. It helps.
Hhilton82
AG
No biggie really.
Some anxious moments tho:
Needle in the junk.
Seeing blood in the batter for a few times after.
Going back for follow ups with three other dudes in the elevator--all holding a discreet brown bag with harmless fluid.
Promises from the wife to help produce said fluids---only to have the house keeper scheduled that day---therefore no assistance granted.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Like a boss.
76Ag
AG
Nooooooo!
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Mine definitely wasn't without some minor pain and discomfort. Doc asked at one point if he was using lidocaine or water. But once he got enough medicine in there it wasn't bad. Left side was more adventurous, right side was a lot smoother. All in all was pretty simple and very manageable. We will see how I feel tomorrow.
Newoldarmy
AG
Yeah, those shots are a regular injection sting and then the very real feeling of getting kicked in the balls. It only lasts a few seconds and then you just have that muted, dull post racking feeling in your stomach. After that I've had very little real pain. That first day I was sore, but nothing major.

I did, however, have the feeling for about a week that I didn't want to do anything that stressed my balls, try to test my strength, or make any real sudden movements. Your body knows some **** went down that just ain't right, but is confused because nothing hurts all that bad. Weird feeling that I can't equate to any other sensation in my memory.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Warning to you guys that don't want one...having too many kids makes your wife nuts. I whined about the idea after kid #3. Surprise #4 is 8 months old. Now the Mrs "isn't sure she's done".

I asked for ONE THING for my birthday and she said no.
VanZandt92
quote:
Warning to you guys that don't want one...having too many kids makes your wife nuts. I whined about the idea after kid #3. Surprise #4 is 8 months old. Now the Mrs "isn't sure she's done".

I asked for ONE THING for my birthday and she said no.
Wow.

I got my vasectomy and no regrets.
Chazz03
AG
My neighbor got one, thought it would keep his wife from getting pregnant. Turns out it just changed the skin pigments of the baby
TrapdinEastTX
AG
quote:
My neighbor got one, thought it would keep his wife from getting pregnant. Turns out it just changed the skin pigments of the baby
texag_89
As I told the OP early on: You go messing around with the plumbing God gave you and his Natural Order and you end up cursing yourself.....

Take heed and just let it ride boys.

_89
03_Aggie
Well, add another to the list. Icing em down as we speak.
Secolobo
AG
That ain't right hoss. T&P
Hope she got the grudge next time.
big ben
AG
Get one, don't tell her, and frequently "practice" making babies
Smithjg
Dr. Wiener did mine here in Victoria!!!
Post removed:
by user
bkag9824
AG
63 days...
ccolley68
AG
I got it done about a month and a half ago. It's nothing. I'm the biggest baby in the world when it comes to medical stuff. I hate shots, hate needles so much I won't even donate blood. If I say the vasectomy isn't that bad, you can believe me. The way they did mine was about 12 small injections around the sack to numb it. Equate it to a finger *****. You feel the first 4-5, but they don't really hurt, just a little bit of a stun. After 4-5, it's numb and the rest is just the noise. You don't hardly feel the cutting of the tube. You notice it, but it doesn't hurt. I never iced them, never needed to. I took some Advil when I left, but that was it. A couple of days and everything was back to normal. Went to the gym after a week, just took it easy first day back. Definitely get some compression shorts and wear them for 3-4 days. It makes a huge difference. The anticipation and fear leading up to it 100 times worse than the actual procedure.

My main advice: get it done on a Monday. You always hear everyone gets it done Friday, take the day off, chill at home for the weekend. If that's your thing, go for it. For me, I have young kids, and they climb all over my lap the whole time I'm home. I work a desk job. I took Monday morning off, had the procedure done at 9am. Went to work for the rest of the day, and the rest of the week. I was safer there than at home.

Now I'm just a couple of weeks away from working on mastering the art of baby making without the bundle of sleeplessness 9 months later.
Cadet05
AG
Today was my two week post-op. Procedure was simple and painless; however, there is the possibility of complications. My doctor incorrectly stitched the area and I am now looking at the possibility of a second surgery to fix it. It was over a week before the swelling reduced from grapefruit sized. I knew something was wrong over the weekend and went back in first thing on Monday morning. Doctor removed one stitch and left the wound open. There is still an open hole (1/4") in the process of healing closed. Ordered to take one week bed rest. Doctor wants to wait 6-8 weeks to evaluate need for repair surgery on his dime. After what I have had happen, I would not do it again. Do your research before making this decision.
AgsMnn
AG
quote:

You live around there?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I stayed away from wiener, New did mine and I've been happy so far
Smithjg
quote:
quote:

You live around there?
Yes, I live in Victoria, TX, been here 50+ years. Dr. Wiener did mine, I had no complaints, minor pain, though the first time I test drove those babies, I was nervous!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.