Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

192,397 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by fav13andac1)c
dahouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My co-pay is all I owe on mine.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
lawless89
Well. It's done. Got it done today in B/CS with Dr. Pierce. All that stuff about it not hurting is BS! Well, the pain wasn't actually that bad, but the concept was.

Here's to a weekend of frozen peas and college football!
dtrAG08
AG
Got mine done in September. Went dove hunting that afternoon with 3 of the 5. The anticipation was the worst part. Could feel something was different for the first 2 weeks but worth it.
dtrAg08
The_Waco_Kid
AG
Just got mine done. Cute little blonde nurse was cleaning me up at first, and somebody liked the attention. Then the crypt keeper's mother came in to sterilize everything. That's when I got taped up.
The initial pinch and burn hurt, then I felt like a mule kicked me in the stomach. Told the nurse normally this is where I'd be fetal and gasping, but instead I'm just laying there shaking. Then I started to feel a scratch. Not a good way, more like dragging nuts through mesquite thorns. Well, the lidocaine didn't hit enough. After nearly biting through my lip (I did draw blood and had a flap of lip hanging weird on my teeth), I asked the doc if that was normal. Doc got a bit more pale and said he'd give me more. That shot led me to seeing stars and he waited until I was truly numb. Snip, burn, clamp, and stitch, first side done. I've now swear through the dumbass linen they gave me. Time for the second one.
This guy got the memo. As soon as that needle hit, he went running for my stomach. Doc threw a "double dose" of lidocaine into this one and the cute blonde helped restrain me by nearly laying over my chest/stomach as that mule kicked again. By this point, the remaining guy found a nice little spot to hide somewhere north of my liver and grabbed ahold of my optic nerve to hang on for dear life. Once the tug of war game was over and the doc had won, it was time for stitches. Apparently, it's not common to get little bows for sutures. Time to clean up, and i realized that what had started off quite proud and had to be gorilla taped down to my belly button had shed an entire outer layer of skin in his haste to go the opposite way from the boys. I don't even think a lustful Carmen Electra circa 2008 will get Peter out from hiding - Phil the groundhog got nothing on this level of fear of outside.
I'll keep updating if recovery is anything like the procedure.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop dipping, too.
AustinCountyAg
did you get this done at some clinic on the border or what? Geez
harge57
AG
FincAg said:

Dr Dan B French here in Dallas. Had my procedure on Monday. Laying flat with ice and lots of tv. Definitely recommend a good fitting jock to keep everything in place.
Anyone else have any Dallas rec's? I am going to reach out to Dr. Dan B French. I need to get this done this spring before baby 4 arrives.

I will be paying whatever the Aetna negotiated rate is with a high deductible insurance plan.
JuCo CH46
Dr French did mine ~7 yrs ago. Easy peazy. The thought of it is worse than anything. Yes, the shot stings, but pick a spot on the wall and do your best to think about something else, it's over pretty quickly.
I told French to stop talking Aggie sports and pay attention! Ha
76Ag
AG
You guys are nuts!
mpl35
AG
76Ag said:

You guys are nuts!
not any more
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Glad to know I'm not alone (actually went to Dr. Williams because of this thread). Got mine done this morning. Minor pain during procedure, but more discomfort than anything. Just thinking about it probably caused more pain than anything. Drove myself home and overall feel fine. I'd describe recovery as the lingering feeling you get in the nuts and gut after a solid blow to the balls.
Crusaders41
Still the best decision I've ever made
rather be fishing
AG
This is on my 2024 to-do list.
Gilligan
AG
Freedom
The Fall Guy
AG
Blowing blanks since being born. Quite the advantage on the sex life. Lol.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Got mine scheduled for Friday. Masters Tournament, baby!
krosch11
AG
How was he procedure wise? Debating calling him or just driving up to Austin to see Shah. 3rd daughter is here and its time
robbio
About 40 years ago my wife wanted me to get one and I said... what if I want more kids? She said... I don't want anymore. I said... what if I get remarried and my new wife wants more kids? She got a hysterectomy and we're both happier now. Me? I'm still shooting live ammo.
TexasAGGIEinAR
I'm a year removed from mine. Mine caused a hernia on one side and developed a painful fatty cord down in my bag. Discomfort got worse throughout the year to the point I went and got a CT Scan. Urologist just said that they still showed a tiny hernia. They sent it to my physician and his nurse (former cardiologist nurse) went in and looked at it. She said there were 2 hernias and one was decently large and the other was small. Long story short, I had a double inguinal hernia surgery 4 weeks ago. The most miserable recovery of any procedure I've ever had done. I'd pull a Michael Scott and have 3 vasectomies and reversals before I'd go through this again. Apparently the urologist that I drew, out of the group of doctors in this area, wasn't a good one. To boot, I still had active swimmers 6 weeks after my initial procedure. Luckily, that faded away and I'm good to go now. Hopefully y'all have/had a better experience than I did.
harge57
AG
FincAg said:

Dr Dan B French here in Dallas. Had my procedure on Monday. Laying flat with ice and lots of tv. Definitely recommend a good fitting jock to keep everything in place.
How did this go? Any idea on cost I am on a high deductible plan, so will pay out of pocket for the whole thing.
FincAg
AG
I'm a high deductible Highmark BCBS. I thought it was going to be closer to $1k but if I remember it was in the $400-$600 all said and done. They could probably give you an estimate over the phone. I did not opt for the laughing gas, didn't need it.
FincAg
AG
Went well. Fairly easy recovery though took a while to be 100% since I was one of the 1% allergic to my own sauce. Had a reaction that caused a bit of discomfort but nothing a 10 day prescription couldn't cure.

I didn't milk it for all it's worth, but I was prone for a few days and wore a jock and later switched to an underwear with buddy support.
bam02
AG
Damn mine was $900
TH36
FincAg said:

I'm a high deductible Highmark BCBS. I thought it was going to be closer to $1k but if I remember it was in the $400-$600 all said and done. They could probably give you an estimate over the phone. I did not opt for the laughing gas, didn't need it.

Laughing gas was the best part. One of the funnest doctors appointments I've ever had. Basically got drunk while getting my nuts cut on. Was interesting having a conversation about saving private ryan with the nurse beforehand as she had my junk in her hand getting me prepped.
bam02
AG
Y'all might've been discussing the adult film parody, Shaving Ryan's Privates. It was less critically acclaimed, but just as commercially successful.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Just got done with mine from Dr. Williams. It couldn't have been any easier. Consult and procedure on the same visit. Procedure took like 10 minutes and it was painless. Highly recommend using him if you're on the fence.

Now its Masters time!
Goodest Poster
AG
G-Town Cracker said:

Just got done with mine from Dr. Williams. It couldn't have been any easier. Consult and procedure on the same visit. Procedure took like 10 minutes and it was painless. Highly recommend using him if you're on the fence.

Now its Masters time!

Wait 6 months. I thought it went well at first too (despite forgetting to give me preop meds)...
Most unprofessional hack job office Ive ever dealt with.
Always the most goodest
fav13andac1)c
AG
G-Town Cracker said:

Now its Masters time!

Just got mine done and had a similar experience with Dr Hakim at Urology San Antonio. Quick and easy. And now it's definitely Masters time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.