Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,027 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm2004 said:

Do you know what the real kick in the nuts is for me? My wife went back to work (teacher) on Monday and she's due with #3 at the end of October, so she doesn't want to use any PTO time so she can be with the new tot until after the first of the year. I had planned on her being there to drive me home, but she can't. My dad travels 100% for work and doesn't know if he's going to be in town. So, my effing mother will most likely be the one in the waiting room to drive me home after. I know she's going to have some smart ass comment to embarrass me as I walk out.

Mine was scheduled, but the Dr had to delay a few days to be in surgery. Wife had original date off but had to work the day re-scheduled. Ended up having to have our nanny drive me.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
So will you be changing your username to WaltonBlanks08?
planoaggie123
AG
I drove myself home. They just did the local anesthetic. It was about a 20 min drive and I do have to say much further than that and it would have been really tough.
V8Aggie
AG
76Ag said:

No way. I have no need to be snipped.
. Ahh I see. You got the gheys?
redag06
Currently scheduled for 8/31.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
I've heard people taking Uber home before. Kinda funny. But if you don't want to incovience anyone and not too drugged up, why not?
Yesterday
AG
Do the follow up!
redag06
Just drove myself home from mine. Only felt the first two shots after that didn't feel a damn thing. Talked Astros baseball the entire time and 10 minutes later was on my way.

Krautag81
Had mine clipped back in 1991, felt a little funny when they dragged my jewels through the hole in the sheet. When he cut the first Vas, I felt a little twinge in my right earlobe. Seriously, it an easy procedure.
aTm2004
AG
Alright fellas...sitting in the waiting room right now nervous as hell. My last hour as a real man. Bought a new bottle of Makers a little while ago, so going to ask the doc if it's OK to drink it tonight.
INOX
Still 16 years later I never forget the smell of my vas deferens being cauterized
aTm2004
AG
Oh, and my mother is sitting next to me in the waiting room and joking with my brother about it. Eff my life.
planoaggie123
AG
Seriously as so many have said its not a big deal...the procedure at least...some discomfort to come later but the beauty of that is the discomfort is while you are laying in bed watching sports.

In 3 months (or less?) you will be SO glad you did it...i got the all clear at 3 months which made me wonder if i waited longer than I needed to???
03_Aggie
aTm2004 said:

Oh, and my mother is sitting next to me in the waiting room and joking with my brother about it. Eff my life.

Damn, did you make it a family affair or what??
aTm2004
AG
03_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

Damn, did you make it a family affair or what??

Doc said I needed somebody to drive me and my wife can't leave due to #3 due in a couple months and her hoarding what little time she has since she just went back to work, and my dad is in God knows where for work. It was her or my in-laws. Honestly, if it was my dad, he'd embarrass the hell out of me here since he can go from a 60-something year old to teenager in about 0.0000174 seconds.
aTm2004
AG
In the holding room now. He's in the procedure room neutering another dude. But yeah, watching football all weekend and will try to milk it as much as I can. Hey, come November, I'll be waiting on her hand and foot and keeping the other 2 kids occupied while the new baby drains her of practically everything. At least it's just me as my mom is taking the tots for the weekend.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aTm2004 said:

In the holding room now. He's in the procedure room neutering another dude. But yeah, watching football all weekend and will try to milk it as much as I can.
Hold off a week or so there champ.

Trust me.
aTm2004
Yellerjacket
aTm2004 said:

In the holding room now. He's in the procedure room neutering another dude. But yeah, watching football all weekend and will try to milk it as much as I can. Hey, come November, I'll be waiting on her hand and foot and keeping the other 2 kids occupied while the new baby drains her of practically everything. At least it's just me as my mom is taking the tots for the weekend.
Hope you're one of the lucky ones. Sounds like most didn't have any problems.
As for mine...aside from kidney stones, the worst pain I've ever experienced!
I had to request the trash can, because I was on the verge of throwing up due to the pain.
The nurse told me there was nothing they could do about it, but after reading the responses on this thread, I'm kind of doubting the legitimacy of that claim.

Afterward, no pain at all. Just walked around in a jock strap for a few days.
planoaggie123
AG
Ahhh...well...then in 10 months or so maybe
Mule_lx
AG
How'd it go?
aTm2004
AG
Not bad. At home now in the recliner and waiting on the TCU/SMU game to start. Honestly, the worst part was the shot. That and knowing a hot nurse, who just shaved my balls because I didn't do a good enough job, was watching a dude play with my junk. All-in-all, easier than I expected.
redag06
Today marks a week for me, and I think I didn't take enough time off my feet. I blame that on there being no pain at all on the day of.

I'm still pretty sore after a week, so really rest this week.
JobSecurity
AG
Alright gents if I wait much longer I'm gonna wind up with a third so it's time. Who's the recommended doc in Katy? Figure I need to get this done during football season
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I recommend Dr David Kent

http://www.memorialhermann.org/doctors/urologists/dr-david-kent-md-253254/

Waltonloads08
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

So will you be changing your username to WaltonBlanks08?

Per your request.

-Done 2 hours ago by Paul Smith MD at Memorial Hermann off Gessner in Houston. He gave me a 'script for a Valium at my consultation which took the edge off.

-Not terrible, the shots to the scrote were the worst part and it was 2/10 pain. The part were they pull the vas out for the work was uncomfortable and odd feeling but again not terrible.

-at home and on ice- 30 min on and 30 off. Will report back later, BTHO Arkansas!
aTm2004
AG
Welcome to the club. I'm a few weeks removed from having mine done and feel normal. I had slight pain up until last week. Not really a pain, but the boys were a bit more sensitive than usual, but that's subsided.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
In the lobby of the office for mine now. Got the Astros on dvr for when I get home, then college football all day tomorrow.
Damn garage door opener lost its belt. Think i will be ok enough to tackle this on Sunday? Should not be heavy lifting, just some step ladders.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

In the lobby of the office for mine now. Got the Astros on dvr for when I get home, then college football all day tomorrow.
Damn garage door opener lost its belt. Think i will be ok enough to tackle this on Sunday? Should not be heavy lifting, just some step ladders.
you'll be fine
aTm2004
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

you'll be fine
You should be fine. I did a small honey-do on Sunday after mine and wasn't that bad. As long as you're not doing a lot of heavy lifting I wouldn't worry. Be sure to ice after. I wouldn't go out and mow the yard or change the exhaust on your buddy's car.
planoaggie123
AG
You probably will have a dull ache but likely able to do it....however....after mine....i was NOT about to risk doing anything stupid that could cause issues down there for days/weeks/months/years....if the task/chore could hold off I would recommend it...I did not pickup my kids for 10 straight days and now having no issues I am thankful i did....i know people who still have weird side effects from vasectomy and I have zero...
aTm2004
AG
planoaggie123 said:

You probably will have a dull ache but likely able to do it....however....after mine....i was NOT about to risk doing anything stupid that could cause issues down there for days/weeks/months/years....if the task/chore could hold off I would recommend it...I did not pickup my kids for 10 straight days and now having no issues I am thankful i did....i know people who still have weird side effects from vasectomy and I have zero...
I'll echo this. I had it for a couple of weeks after. Also, get yourself a couple of jock straps so you're not having to wear the same one for a week. Also, wear it. They'll be sensitive and you don't want them moving/bouncing while you're at work.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
All done. Feels like there is a weight pressing on my whole region. Not painful, just pressure.
OnlyForNow
AG
I wouldn't do the belt this weekend. You'll most likely do a lot of stretching and that's a no-no.
Busta2003
AG
Sitting in the recliner icing the boys after having the deed done yesterday. Happy to have pain meds. That sucked as bad as I thought it would. Guys who say no big deal just don't make sense to me. The procedure took about 30 minutes. Thought it would be much faster based on what I had read on here. Happy to have lots of football to watch today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.