Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,042 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
johnrth said:

Yesterday said:

Go for the follow up! My post vasectomy baby is about to turn 3.

By follow up, you just mean to get the juice tested right?

My Drs office just sent me home with a cup and paperwork and said on this date do your thing and take and drop it at this lab.

Yes. I didn't do that. Just assumed it worked. Knocked the wife up three months later. So got a kid and a free second vasectomy out of the deal. Second one worked.
Goodest Poster
AG
Had mine scheduled at 3pm on Thursday. Wanted to have 3 days to chill, pun intended.

Well, Dr ran 90 minutes late. After the surgery im waiting in recovery and the front desk is calling me. They say, You need to come get your pain meds before your surgery. ...welp, too late for that maam.

Then, best part-- DID YOU KNOW...that they still make manual transmission Volkswagon Jettas? Ask me how I know.

Damn uber home, across the Galleria, in what is now rush hour, in a frigging Stick VW jetta. It felt like I was getting dragged across a cobble stone street.
ElGoatarod
AG
They didn't give me any instruction on the sample cup. I just assumed I needed to provide that sample in-person, but if I can do that from home and drop it off that would be way better. It was going to take most of the day to fill that 8 ounce cup.
montanagriz
S
You fellas...good for y'all. Not doing it
nhamp07
AG
ElGoatarod said:

They didn't give me any instruction on the sample cup. I just assumed I needed to provide that sample in-person, but if I can do that from home and drop it off that would be way better. It was going to take most of the day to fill that 8 ounce cup.
Mine told me to empty the pipes 10 times then bring it in.

I asked what the record was to bring it in and I would "beat' it.
Hobbes01
AG
Yesterday said:

johnrth said:

Yesterday said:

Go for the follow up! My post vasectomy baby is about to turn 3.

By follow up, you just mean to get the juice tested right?

My Drs office just sent me home with a cup and paperwork and said on this date do your thing and take and drop it at this lab.

Yes. I didn't do that. Just assumed it worked. Knocked the wife up three months later. So got a kid and a free second vasectomy out of the deal. Second one worked.

Yeah, what Yesterday said. I followed the doc's orders by flushing the pipes 10x and then brought in the sample. Got a phone call 15 min later asking if I had followed the instructions as I still had live swimmers. Was told to repeat 10 more times and bring in a new sample. Got another call shortly after that delivery saying once again I still have swimmers. This time I was told to make an appt to see the doc.

I thought it was weird that after both snips he showed me the piece of tube that he just removed. Now I knew why. He told me he had nothing in his notes from the procedure about anything being abnormal and asked if he showed me both pieces. I told him yes. Turns out I ruined his 16 yr streak of perfect procedures. Oops.

He waived his fees for the 2nd procedure, but this time he wanted to create a larger incision and therefore do it as outpatient surgery. Plus side is that I was knocked out for this one. Downside is the extra costs for outpatient surgery. Recovery wasn't much different. I got more sympathy from my wife this time, but given she had 2 C-sections at this point I couldn't play it up too much.

TLDR - do your follow up checks.
kyledr04
AG
Finally joined the club. Laid up in bed with ice watching Arky get destroyed.
Matsui
AG
Hilarious
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So when you have live swimmers after a vasectomy, does that mean the dr cut and cauterized some other tube?
OnlyForNow
AG
Probably not, doc probably rushed through it and cut the end off the same tube.
kyledr04
AG
Or the tubes reconnected
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
OutdoorAg said:

If any of you are on the fence about getting this done, just do it. I had planned on doing it last year, but my nerves said otherwise. Well, in a few short months, we'll be enjoying a new baby. Needless to say, I will soon be getting the procedure done.

This is my story. Except I was the kid in it. My mom was badgering my dad about getting a vasectomy and he kept putting it off and then my mom got pregnant with me.

After I was an adult, I knew I was an "accident" but one day I asked my mom how big of an accident was I. She said, "Oh, well you weren't THAT big of a surprise."

I replied, "How soon did dad get his vasectomy after you found you were pregnant with me?"

Long pause.

I go, "Was it before or after I was born?"

Another long pause.

Then finally my mom goes, "3 days."

I asked, "Did you find out on a Friday?"

Mom, <despondently> "yes"

Well I got my vasectomy scheduled in November after four kids, so came across this thread. Figured I'd share my anecdote.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
NRD09 said:

So when you have live swimmers after a vasectomy, does that mean the dr cut and cauterized some other tube?

rootube
AG
I had mine done by Dr. Richard Coyote. Seems a little sore. Is this normal?
bdgol07
AG
Yea for Twinkies with no surprises and no more toaster strudels!!!
Hulla Baller
AG
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting it done. Does anyone have any recommendations for a doctor in the Houston area? Trying to get it done this year and hoping I don't have to do a consultation visit before the big day.
kyledr04
AG
I didn't have mine done is Houston but several people here have recommended Y Factor. I think they'll do it without a consult. Some docs at Texas Urology will was well, mine did in Longview.

Honestly not sure if anyone's recommendation matters much if it's urologist that can get you in when you want. It's a very easy procedure for someone that does more complex stuff daily.
strohag
AG
Doctor Clyde Corey did mine on Tuesday afternoon in Tomball this week. All went smooth. He has offices in Tomball, the Woodlands, and Kingwood. You'll have to do a consult and then schedule. I was able to get the consult and appointment to get it done a few weeks later due to a cancellation. If you have a flexible schedule it's easier to get a date. Everyone wants to get it done on a Friday so they can rest Saturday and Sunday. I went to work on Wednesday and Thursday and just took it easy at my desk. Much easier than I thought it would be.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Matt Hoggatt down 45 south.
HumbleAg04
AG
strohag said:

Doctor Clyde Corey did mine on Tuesday afternoon in Tomball this week. All went smooth. He has offices in Tomball, the Woodlands, and Kingwood. You'll have to do a consult and then schedule. I was able to get the consult and appointment to get it done a few weeks later due to a cancellation. If you have a flexible schedule it's easier to get a date. Everyone wants to get it done on a Friday so they can rest Saturday and Sunday. I went to work on Wednesday and Thursday and just took it easy at my desk. Much easier than I thought it would be.

Nah, do it on a Tuesday and take the rest of the week off. Someone is cutting, burning, and clipping me. I deserved it. Thanks
strohag
AG
No burning with him. Clips about an inch off each side and puts the clamps on. I'd rather sit at the office on my butt then try to work from home with the kids running around. Maybe my doc is just good but no need to take off. Just take it easy and it's all good.
AustinCountyAg
any recs for a good doc around katy?
Watchful Ag
AG
Dr. David S. Kent

I believe he comes out to the Katy office 2x a week
Ramrod
AG
Wesley Ekeruo out of Methodist.
Goodest Poster
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting it done. Does anyone have any recommendations for a doctor in the Houston area? Trying to get it done this year and hoping I don't have to do a consultation visit before the big day.

Do it . Dr Russel Williams at Y factor. Dont need consult. Also, dont schedule a manual transmission Jetta as an Uber on way home.
Always the most goodest
strohag
AG
If you don't mind driving a little bit Clyde Corey has offices in Tomball, woodlands, and humble. No need for an Uber or ride home. Didn't need a Valium and was in and out in 45 mins. I hate medical procedures, dentist, etc and was super worried. It was beyond easy.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Just had mine done. Got off a 24 hours shift at 0700, had it done at 0800 and back to work tonight. Feel great for now.

Basically was going to have mine done in November but despite 4 kids my wife had her hesitations so like two days ago, she decided that she was ok with me getting one. Had to call a favor into a urologist fiend of mine that got it done before the end of the year and was covered by insurance. We had met our out of pocket this year so no out of pocket. We cut it close.

ETA: my snip present to myself will be a new shotgun. My budget is around $1500 for any suggestions you guys want to weigh in on.
degreedy
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Just had mine done. Got off a 24 hours shift at 0700, had it done at 0800 and back to work tonight. Feel great for now.

Basically was going to have mine done in November but despite 4 kids my wife had her hesitations so like two days ago, she decided that she was ok with me getting one. Had to call a favor into a urologist fiend of mine that got it done before the end of the year and was covered by insurance. We had met our out of pocket this year so no out of pocket. We cut it close.

ETA: my snip present to myself will be a new shotgun. My budget is around $1500 for any suggestions you guys want to weigh in on.
I see you're in Lubbock... did Dr. Britton do yours or someone else?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
No longer in Lubbock. Had it done in Abilene
jakeaggie84
AG
Has anyone been to "the Y factor" in houston? Going in for a consult next week.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I personally know a guy who got 2 of these suckers and still had kids after each one.

He's the guy you put in the bunker to repop the earth after SHTF!!!!!!
hellapark
AG
Had my 3rd kid in November, have my snip consult scheduled for 2/2.
AustinCountyAg
going in tomm to get mine done. Honestly I think the anxiety I have after every time we have sex is worse than the anxiety I have for tomm's appointment.
oldarmy1
AG
I didn't know so many snipps occurred in the great Outdoors....
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I didn't know so many snipps occurred in the great Outdoors....
makes sense to me that its outdoors related, in my brief nearly 6 years as a parent i've noticed a trend that there seems to be an inverse relationship between number of kids and days spent hunting or at the range.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.