Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

187,749 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Fall Guy
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please weigh in .

[This message has been edited by Vanzandt92 (edited 7/24/2014 5:57p).]
aTm papi
Go see Dr. Richard Chopp in Austin. You'll get a shirt that says I got Dick Chopped!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
If you are sure you are done with kids, then absolutely. Snip snip, follow doc's orders, tell wife you are taking one for the team and will expect MVP treatment.
aggie_wes
AG
quote:
If you are sure you are done with kids, then absolutely. Snip snip, follow doc's orders, tell wife you are taking one for the team and will expect MVP treatment.

This is my plan. Consultation is next week...
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I thought these were all scheduled for the first weekend of March Madness?
Aggietaco
AG
Go to your follow up.
VanZandt92
quote:
I thought these were all scheduled for the first weekend of March Madness?

Good idea.
NETAG
Id go for opening weekend of College Football.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
Id go for opening weekend of College Football.

This. And its a 5 month recovery of no work.
DVM97
AG
Had it done, didn't even miss a day of work. Twin boys will do that to you.

DVM
Col. Steve Austin
AG
quote:
Go see Dr. Richard Chopp in Austin. You'll get a shirt that says I got Dick Chopped!

Awesome. There's a proctologist in Houston by the name of Dr. Butts (no not Seymour). But he didn't have any snappy slogans or anything when I saw him.
Skubalon
I'm on deck for this later this year.

I have heard lots of guys tell me it's not a big deal. Just get a bag of frozen peas, they say.

Well, anything that involves the remedy of holding a bag of frozen peas against my sacular area in order that said area would feel better sounds like a **** ****** **** big **** deal to me.

Urban Ag
AG
I know a guy that put off his snip-snip for about a year because of his fear of it mucking up his work schedule. His wife finally declared she was holding a dime between her knees until he got it done.

Long story short, he went completely against doctors orders and boarded a flight about 20 hours after the surgery. During the flight, the swelling started to get out of control. By the time he got to his meeting, he made it through about 20 minutes and was in so much pain with his grapefruit sized ballsac they had to call him an ambulance to take him to a local hospital where he ended up hospitalized for about three days before they would let him travel.

Haven't done it myself, but god listen to what the doc says.
jh88ag
AG
Skub,

I was snipped years ago...and it was WAY worse than I expected or was told. By day two, the frozen peas were the smallest sack in my crotchal region. Doc said I'd have minor discomfort for a couple of days; but he sent me home with a Rx for 20 Vicodin, with a refill for 20 more (seems like he already knew it was going to be painful). The procedure itself hurt too...I had no idea the cojones were directly connected to the base of my brain, nor that he'd pull them from my body.

Still a worthwhile procedure, and I'm glad I had it done. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
This is my plan. Consultation is next week...

Hope your consultation is less exciting that mine was. That is when I found out I had ball cancer.
aTm papi
I got mine done in 2012. I remember having a frozen peas bag on my huevos while watching the A&M vs Arkansas game. There was some minor discomfort and I was able to go to work on Monday.

Great story UrbanAg. Couldn't stop laughing.
aggie_wes
TRIDENT
AG
Don't go duck hunting the day after the procedure, even if you feel better like I did.
BrazosDog02
AG
Im not asking you ****ers for advice...ever.
Knotman
I had mine done 22 yrs ago as a fathers day present to myself after kid #2. My Dr. only did them on Thursdays & you were to take Friday off to recover. No issues. Wife got off the pill (saved $$ and she had issues with a reaction to it.) My dad & 2 of 3 uncles had them done in early 1960's. Dad had an issue as he went swimming in the lake the next day & the incision got infected (or so mom claimed.) Good luck!
Aggiewes
AG
I had the No Scalpal Version many years ago. Considered much less invasive. Was a breeze. Had the procedure on a Friday and back at work on Monday - no problem....
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I know a urologist very well. He told me his no-show rate is about 50% on vasectomies.
Deerdude
Got cut back in about 90. Due to the local, I didn't do as Dr said. Instead of straight home to elevate legs and ice, we went by the pharmacy for meds, then picked up something to eat.

Finally got home, reclined and was watching football. By halftime I felt like Rafael Septien had dropkicked me in the nads. By morning I was fine again, but a few days later the bruising set in and I saw what blue balls look like. No pain after that night and would have probably been fine if I had done as directed.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
It can be survived. j/k

20 years later all is good.
Dr. Staub and Terry in Midland. (I told my wife Stub and TearMe)
Listen to your doctors please ... they didn't go to 12 years of evil medical school for nothing. /Dr. Evil

Its not that bad a procedure and probably better since the 1900s.
texag_89
VanZant,

(This won't surprie you

Don't do it.

OB related becuase God made the World and you.

VanZandt92
I'm laughing pretty good.
rhtexfish
AG
Go see Dr. Mucher in sugar land. do it it's no big deal.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Had the procedure done a few years ago on a Friday morning. Went to a friend's house that night and drank several beers. Back to work in Monday. No problem.
Skubalon
quote:
I had the No Scalpal Version many years ago.

I read about this.

Basically they take a hole punch to your saq and then they use an unbent coat hanger to reach in and grab the pipeline that delivers the payload to its intended (or not) target. They then take a pair of wire snips, hold them under a blowtorch for a few seconds and sever the pipe.

I've heard that the local works fairly well but the smell of your flesh burning combined with the sizzle of baby batter on hot grease might cause the weaker among you to pass out.

Or something.
Skubalon
I'm not gonna lie.

I'm 48 years old and I am a tough old sonofabuck. But the thought of this whole thing freaks me out.

And for you younguns, I am pleased to report that as of age 48, all systems are operational. Which necessitates a discussion of this entire ugly business.

Aries
You boys are so silly.
jobu93
AG
I wasn't numbed up enough for the right side and there was more than minor discomfort when he was fishing the vas out to sever it.

I did the pea bag and all was well until I walked too much one day without my jockstrap (christmas shopping). I bruised up pretty good and felt like I got punted in the parts.

I will say the after effects are nothing short of spectacular. Nut up, and get it done.
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
I had the No Scalpal Version many years ago.

I read about this.

Basically they take a hole punch to your saq and then they use an unbent coat hanger to reach in and grab the pipeline that delivers the payload to its intended (or not) target. They then take a pair of wire snips, hold them under a blowtorch for a few seconds and sever the pipe.

I've heard that the local works fairly well but the smell of your flesh burning combined with the sizzle of baby batter on hot grease might cause the weaker among you to pass out.

Or something.
tony
AG
My only issue was after they gave me the happy pill the nurse comes in to do the grooming. My nurse was my best friend from high school and colleges little sister. Awkward!
atmhockey
AG
Got snipped earlier this year. I built it up in my mind to be some crazy painful thing. The part that hurt the worst was when the doc pulled the grounding pad off my leg after the cotterizing and snagged a mass amount of leg hair.

A day in bed with a bag of frozen peas was all it took to manage the discomfort.

Plus I got some AWESOME pics of my wife (selfies) for the first few "chamber checks!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.