Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,003 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr Dan B French here in Dallas. Had my procedure on Monday. Laying flat with ice and lots of tv. Definitely recommend a good fitting jock to keep everything in place.
bam02
AG
I had mine done a month ago. I can literally say I never had any actual pain. There was that initial discomfort that felt like a mild kick in the nuts when he did the first injection. That was it. The rest of the procedure had zero pain and I never experienced any pain During the recovery. I did it on a Friday at 11 AM and was pretty active over the weekend.
mosdefn14
AG
Be careful out there guys, we're not 23 anymore so pace yourselves, stretch, warm up & cool down, etc. Once confirmed blanks were being shot, Mrs. really started liking the fact that she couldn't get pregnant anymore.
bam02
AG
Yeah, I can't wait for my three month mark so I can go get a sample tested. This pulling out is for the birds.
ElephantRider
AG
Bumping this thread because I got mine earlier today. Was worried about the lidocaine shot, but it wasn't bad. It did feel like he was trying to pull my stomach out of the hole when he fished the wires out. Like others have said, it's that feeling when you take one to the nuts. Can still feel it a little bit 5 hours later. Balls are a little achy, but not too bad.
Worm01
AG
I just scheduled with Dr. Williams in Houston. It looks like the Consult and Procedure is the same visit, is that correct?
milner79
Vasectomy is outdoors. Who knew.
aTm2004
AG
We're all animals.
bam02
AG
I posted about my experiences from my vasectomy back in May. Easy Breazy!

Just got my lab results showing that it worked.

Party time!!!
CactusThomas
AG
They really need to update the LGBVTQIA+++ pride flag to include all you vasectomites.
AustinCountyAg
Worm01 said:

I just scheduled with Dr. Williams in Houston. It looks like the Consult and Procedure is the same visit, is that correct?
possibly. depends. some insurance coverages allow both to be same day, others require the consult and procedure to be separate days
TexasAGGIEinAR
Got mine done here in Northwest Arkansas in late March. I'm already prescribed Xanax so that didn't really do much for me at procedure time. The procedure was quite uncomfortable but recovery wasn't too bad. Ended up getting a slight hernia from the procedure and, after taking them a sample in June, found that the procedure didn't take. Also still having pain in the area. Have to take another sample on Monday. If still not clear, then it is what it is. Not doing that a second time.
Hogs suck, Horns suck, everyone else I can deal with.
bam02
AG
Man I'm sorry. That sucks!
Ogre09
AG
bam02 said:

Yeah, I can't wait for my three month mark so I can go get a sample tested. This pulling out is for the birds.
3 months???
AustinCountyAg
I feel like I got tested after about a month?
mosdefn14
AG
Mine was 40 tries or 3 months, whichever came first.
bam02
AG
That's what their instructions were. Longest 3 months of my life.
AustinCountyAg
so about four days?
mosdefn14
AG
Took about 2 months. Had to take a week off somewhere in the middle which killed the momentum. Dr gave me a list to keep track... Everything is game-ified these days.
Ogre09
AG
They told me some number of times purging the pipes before going to get checked. Maybe 45? Had to wait a week to start, but then knocked it out pretty quickly. Definitely not 2-3 months.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Worm01 said:

My consult and procedure with dr williams were separate visits. They acted like it was a "cool down period" type requirement

I failed my first "chamber check", apparently i need to pump up my numbers. They also emphasize that you need to pass twice in a row before you are considered safe. If you have swimmers hanging on be sure and don't make a mistake before you get that second passed test, have read many stories of post-snip pregnancies from not waiting long enough
SW AG80
AG
I laughed till I cried. Cried out loud too. Laughed so hard I awakened my wife.
bam02
AG
Damn they just said after 3 months to bring a sample in. They didn't give me the option of expediting the process. I would have gone into 8th grade mode and knocked that out quick.
Ogre09
AG
I only had 1 visit with Dr Williams, no separate consult.

I didn't want to drive an hour back for the sample run, so I went to a local urologist instead. He said I didn't need to do a second sample, so I called it good after the first one. Four years later and all good.
dahouse
AG
I'm going in tomorrow. I'm supposed to play in a vendor golf tournament on Monday so I'm hoping things go well.

Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Kudos to y'all who did it. I am in the minority it appears, I prefer my cock n balls intact the way god made them. Maybe I'm in my early 30's so that's the basis for my opinion

My ohhhhh myyyyy

So now I'm 40 and going through a divorce and wanting one bad. Life is dumb sometimes

Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Turns out the doctors in brenham and bastrop want a consultation first then schedule the procedure. That pisses me off.

Also my medical insurance provider and the doctors office can't figure out what it's going to cost me

That also pisses me off
mosdefn14
AG
No way I was playing golf on day 3
dahouse
AG
I probably won't play much, just ride in the cart and drink a couple beers. I'll let the scramble group hit my shots. I'll just be there for the door prizes and free drinks, and a day out of the office.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
mosdefn14
AG
Negotiated amount on mine was $685. Just pulled my EOBs last week to check for a friend who is cash pay.
Brenner
AG
Had it done a couple weeks ago. Day 3 after op was most uncomfortable. Day 4, I walked about a mile and a half with the kids and was hobbling pretty good on the last stretch home. 100% back to normal day 6. God speed.
harge57
AG
Well kiddo number 4 is officially on the way. Looks like I need an appointment.
AustinCountyAg
dahouse said:

I probably won't play much, just ride in the cart and drink a couple beers. I'll let the scramble group hit my shots. I'll just be there for the door prizes and free drinks, and a day out of the office.
be careful with that as well if you take the cart off the path. Several days after the procedure when I went back to work it meant me driving down dirt roads. That was still a painful experience for me for about a week. My advice is play it extremely safe for a while instead of testing yourself and dragging out the recovery even more.
Furlock Bones
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Turns out the doctors in brenham and bastrop want a consultation first then schedule the procedure. That pisses me off.

Also my medical insurance provider and the doctors office can't figure out what it's going to cost me

That also pisses me off
medical care and billing is GD'd nightmare. there's several things like this that my wife has called and asked what is this going to cost, "oh we don't know yet". how is any of this **** legal?
NowhereMan
Dont do it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.