Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vasectomy?

193,026 Views | 866 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by fav13andac1)c
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tell your wife to go get an endometrial ablation. Your balls won't swell up, you don't have to put frozen packs on your nads, and you wife (at least in my wife's case) won't go on her period again. Win-win!
Thunder18
AG
Im breaking into cold sweats just reading this
Physical Graffiti
AG
Mikes,

I had the same condition. My doc showed me a technique using a tennis ball to put pressure on my abdomen to release the pain/pressure. It has worked like a charm I've only done it once and haven't had a recurrence of the pain.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pre-V = pool with water and swimmers

Post-V = pool with water but no swimmers. The swimmers make up less than 5% of the pool, so you shouldn't notice the difference in Pre vs. Post V other than you thankfully don't have a screaming baby show up 9 months later.

If you find yourself with pool that has no water or swimmers, it's time to call the doc because something else is wrong. A V doesn't do this to you.
BTHOthatguy
I'll just echo what others here have said. The procedure itself is humiliating, but not overly painful.

My only points of concern:

1. Don't ask Dodger02 to pick you up from the procedure because he will be late. Then you will have to hang out in the waiting room, high as a kite, in a jockstrap filled with ice... good times.

2. For the love of God, take it easy for several days after the procedure. I drove about 7 hours the third day after my procedure (felt fine up to that point). Had one swell up to roughly 3-4X normal size and the pain was enough I wanted to blackout. From there to get the swelling back to normal takes several days.
CSTXAg92
AG
My $.02: The thought of it was much worse than the actual procedure. Do it on a Saturday morning, take Saturday and Sunday easy, and by Monday you should be back at work.

If you're in Austin, I recommend Dr. Koushik Shaw.
I-Haul
AG

[This message has been edited by TheGoodAg (edited 7/26/2014 10:27p).]
Mister Mystery Guest
It's late July and I'm still kinda recovering from mine which I had in mid-March. My summary... I'm 40. Two kids under the age if three. We are done! Procedure was a piece of cake. I was dreading it but it really went well. My doc is friends from high school with my dad and we just chatted about Aggie sports through the entire procedure like nothing else was really going on. I'd bought the BluRay version of Lonesome Dove and Tombstone and some other good stuff and did the bag of peas thing for a couple of days. All was going well but the stitches bugged the **** out of me for probably two weeks. Whenever I got up and walked, it felt like someone had a pinch of my nut sack hairs and was trying to hold on but not really keeping up with me. That stopped when the stitches started to dissolve / fall out at about two weeks. But just when I thought it was all behind me and I all was going to feel normal again, epiditimitis set in. Swollen feeling but not visibly so. Tender and bruised pressure type feeling on my right ball. Called the doc, sounded pretty common, prescribed four weeks worth of antibiotics and it really took until about that fourth week to feel better. Ran out of the pills and a few weeks later the **** came back so I called him up and he prescribed another month's worth. Again, took nearly until the fourth week to to subside. Ran out of pills and, sure enough, it has been trying to come back again. I'm resisting the temptation to call the doc for another month's supply because I'm gambling that I can take it easy and it'll just go away. Seems bass-ackwards but those antibiotics make me break out like a teenager in my scalp, face, shoulders, and neck...strangely especially the scalp. The acne subsides when I come off the antibiotics. Jogging seems to make matters worse with the epiditimitis so I'm just walking the dog a mile and a half every other day to take it easy. Again, here I am almost four and a half months after the procedure. Not lifting weights or jogging. I'm looking soft in the mirror, for sure. Doc is not even interested in me bringing a sample of sperm by though until I'm 100% over this so I still don't know if I have swimmers or not. I'm probably gonna be that one guy everyone knows who got his wife pregnant after his vasectomy.

[This message has been edited by Mister Mystery Guest (edited 7/26/2014 2:02p).]
Cool_Hand
AG
Had mine done three months ago and all is well.

I had my procedure done at a hospital we built so I opted for sedation as they gave me a deal.

A "Mommy Makeover" was the trade for the vasectomy so I win in the end.

One piece of advice: do what they say regarding the meds and stay off your feet. My roommate at A&M had one and didn't follow directions. He got an infection and a bad one.
Vernada
AG
Damn. So of y'all had some back alley sounding jobs.

Friday morning. No knock out drugs or anything. Doc wanted to talk about what was happening. I told him I didn't want to know.

Drove myself home. No real issues after that. Worst part was ball sac hair growing back since that s had to be shaved.

Edit: the very worst part was the shot into the balls. But if that's not the worst part of anything you do then....

[This message has been edited by Vernada (edited 7/26/2014 10:13p).]
jt2hunt
AG
I had one and ten years later we have a baby boy???
TXAGFAN
AG
If I was in pain for weeks like guy a few posts up I'd be seeing another doc.
VanZandt92
quote:
Had mine done three months ago and all is well.

I had my procedure done at a hospital we built so I opted for sedation as they gave me a deal.

A "Mommy Makeover" was the trade for the vasectomy so I win in the end.

One piece of advice: do what they say regarding the meds and stay off your feet. My roommate at A&M had one and didn't follow directions. He got an infection and a bad one.
rule 1? The mom that is.

[This message has been edited by vanzandt92 (edited 7/26/2014 10:52p).]
VanZandt92
Vasectomy scheduled.
aggie_wes
AG
Scheduled mine for september.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Kudos to y'all who did it. I am in the minority it appears, I prefer my cock n balls intact the way god made them. Maybe I'm in my early 30's so that's the basis for my opinion
whatthehey78
AG
Been there...done that...all is good...BUT, didn't enjoy the procedure much.
bohica379
No fricking way!
Houag98
AG
Had one a month ago. Just listen to your DR. You will feel fine but if you don't rest up expect a lot of bruising and swelling.
jobu93
AG
Left ball was unremarkable and pain free. Right nut, the second cut, had all of the pain in that snippet. It was as if the Army mule had kicked me in the parts.

Once the doc was almost done, I fought off the urge to shout FREEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMM and pass out a la William Wallace. Hurt that bad. A tale of two nads.
eric76
AG
My vasectomy was reversed with a simple telephone call.

I got a bill for a vasectomy one day. I called the doctor's office to express my surprised at being vasectified and they reversed it over the telephone.
Stone Cold
AG
Had mine two days ago. At one point it felt like they were trying to yank my stomach out through my nut sack. Just about threw up from the pain. Doc immediately noticed that I had lost all color in my face and decided to shoot me up with some more lidocaine. Didn't feel a thing on the surface, but felt pretty much everything going on inside. Lots of tugging and pulling. Recovery isn't bad at all. Just follow what the doc says. Rest up, ice up and take the pain pills when you need them.
Cowboy1990
Had it done last month. Wore the ice pack home. Fine the next day.

Humiliating having some old hag shave your sack. Tickles too as they do it dry. I didn't enjoy the had they have me as I had some nutty(pun intended) hallucinations, but appreciated it after the fact that I want very coherent.

NO REGRETS. Live my two kids but no desire to have any more
NashMan
No thanks, I'll pass
tmaggies
AG
Buddy of mine back in the seventies dad had it done and afterward the doc came back into the room with apologies. He stated that he forgot to administer pain medication. Friends dad just said " Hell Doc I thought it was supposed to hurt."
Willcat
AG
get wife to shave you. Mine didn't do a good job so the assistant, a dude named 'Roman' got down there for the detail work. Lot of tugging and weird pain during the deal but the strangest part for me was the puffs of smoke wafting up. I still have the little Vas in a container, he gave me the little pieces to take home. That was 7 or so years ago now.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Curious how much it cost for y'all. Was it covered by your insurance?
Bregxit
AG
Mine was covered. $330 total.

I got lucky on the shaving part. Beautiful blonde nurse did it while the doc got his stuff ready.
Stone Cold
AG
I had already met my deductible, so mine was a flat $100.
Physical Graffiti
AG
Mine was $250 after insurance.

I got to shave myself and then the little hispanic nurse finished my terrible shave job. She was not cute AT ALL!
Cowboy1990
Mine through insurance would have been over $1700, $7500 direct pay to the doc, or $500 for an intern under doc's supervision.

Went for supervised process. He was right in there with her. That's right, had mine done by a female doc in training.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
That's right, had mine done by a female doc in training.
AggieT
AG
**** that.
Bullmoose
AG
Mom tried to make me get a vasectomy in 7th grade. I declined, that's all I got.
Friend of RCII
AG
Got mine 44 years ago. My doctor was a family doctor and his first medical profession was as a Vet! It was pretty ugly back then... I had discomfort.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.