***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,295 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Wes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

I assume you are voting for DeSantis? You realize the policy differences between those 2 are pretty darn small, right?

Are maybe you are full blown neocon voting for Haley. In which case… oh Nevermind
Of course, you had to toss in ad hominem instead of just asking a question. What is it with you MAGA types being incapable of any level of decorum? Oh yeah, I forgot for a second who you follow.

And DeSantis is far more conservative than Trump. He is what MAGA thinks Trump is.

Oh cry me a river. You need to put on your big boy pants if you are going to be involved in politics.

I like DeSantis. I would have been perfectly happy for him to win. But his campaign has been run pretty incompetently.

And a very large % of his online supporters are complexly insufferable. So I enjoy watching them look silly.
FireAg
AG
dmart90 said:

Trump won in '16 for one reason and one reason only. He was running against Hilldawg - the MOST decisive candidate ever. Biden barely has a pulse and will still win head to head with Trump. Again.

You sure about that? it's a bold absolute given Trump leads Biden in head-to-head polling…

Biden has become "we can't even cheat him into another term" bad as a president…

Jimmy Carter is happy to be off the bottom of the pile of worst presidents ever…
Who?mikejones!
Old_Ag_91 said:

I dont see desantis or any other republican winning against biden(dems will cheat against whoever it is regardless of the name to win). Trump has a slim chance because of major republican turnout (including votes from independent/democratic blacks and hispanics). Desantis might as well be a guaranteed loss.

Haley sounds like your best bet
Bryanisbest
AG
"They've got me in here for TDS. I'm sane and everyone out there is crazy. How can this be happening?"
J. Walter Weatherman
Dan Scott said:

They need to change the way Iowa does Caucuses. The official vote shouldn't be released until all voting is completed in the state.

Agreed, seems pretty insane to release anything when people are still voting.
Rapier108
It won't be Biden in the end, and the polls have already started to shift back to Biden since they did their job of convincing the sheeple that Trump could beat him.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Waffledynamics
AG
Wes97 said:

Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

I assume you are voting for DeSantis? You realize the policy differences between those 2 are pretty darn small, right?

Are maybe you are full blown neocon voting for Haley. In which case… oh Nevermind
Of course, you had to toss in ad hominem instead of just asking a question. What is it with you MAGA types being incapable of any level of decorum? Oh yeah, I forgot for a second who you follow.

And DeSantis is far more conservative than Trump. He is what MAGA thinks Trump is.

Oh cry me a river. You need to put on your big boy pants if you are going to be involved in politics.

I like DeSantis. I would have been perfectly happy for him to win. But his campaign has been run pretty incompetently.

And a very large % of his online supporters are complexly insufferable. So I enjoy watching them look silly.

Imagine looking at nauseating Trump voters and saying the DeSantis ones are insufferable. You people just suffer from massive cognitive dissonance and find it unpleasant.

DeSantis is a better candidate, executive, and man that Trump ever was or ever will be, and we are a deeply unserious country.
Rockdoc
AG
JobSecurity said:

So weird. I don't know anyone who actually wants to vote for trump. Or biden for that matter

What a situation we find ourselves in. The media seems to be in control.
Ag with kids
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

I guess they thinks independents/dems/libs will magically vote for desantis.

Its laughable but whatever.

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.
Trump turns red areas blue.

DeSantis turns blue areas red.

MAGA: I WANT TRUMP!!!! PROVEN WARRIOR!
shack009
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

I dont see desantis or any other republican winning against biden(dems will cheat against whoever it is regardless of the name to win). Trump has a slim chance because of major republican turnout (including votes from independent/democratic blacks and hispanics). Desantis might as well be a guaranteed loss.

If you think the Dems will steal it anyway then why are you here talking about anything? Just to be annoying?

And seriously lol at trump getting independents. We know for a fact he turns out independents against him.
Who?mikejones!
Ain't happening. None of those issues will matter when it's simply Trump on the ballot.

Can't wait for the debate. Or right, neither biden nor Trump have any balls.
J. Walter Weatherman
Rockdoc said:

JobSecurity said:

So weird. I don't know anyone who actually wants to vote for trump. Or biden for that matter

What a situation we find ourselves in. The media seems to be in control.

Sadly their paychecks depend on Trump being the nominee so they will do everything they can to push him through. Without him the ratings tank.
RGLAG85
AG

RGLAG85 said:

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

when should we start hearing official results?

Varies by precinct, but mine was always about 60-90mis in before counts started appearing.

Have to listen to each candidates speaker speak. And then, laugh at Trumps for like 10 minutes

Well maybe you'll get to laugh at Biden for 4 more years!
Only if we nominate Trump again.

Tried it once, got bad result. Let's try it again...yep, same bad result.

Well I'm voting for Desantis if I get the chance. What do you suggest to defeat Trump. I'll listen.
I didn't make a comment about defeating him.

I only commented that nominating him was a loser for the general.

But, the way to beat Trump is to get close in the first several caucuses (or is it cauci?) and primaries. This would show that the polls were WAY off.

His inevitability is his main selling point right now to everyone that isn't diehard MAGA. If that bubble gets popped, he'll be in a HUGE fight going forward. And he WILL have to debate and really campaign, not what he's been doing.

Tonight we'll see if that can happen.

I hope it happens but I have my worries. I hope I'm wrong.

Just don't think it's going to happen…33+ polling lead is insurmountable…

I think ron can do it but if he can't, it'll be interesting to watch trump unite the party behind him. Maybe ron could be a VP pick.

I hope Ron can get the nod. I just don't see it happening and what scares me even more is the stubbornness of the Never Trumpers who will cut off their noses just to show how smart they are.

Or, maybe we shouldn't nominate someone that's hated by ~20% of the party? In case you missed it you need their votes in the general.

Or maybe 20% of the party should unwad their panties and actually join a party.

Insulting is a great way to win people over. Operating out of the Kari Lake playbook I guess. As a reminder Maga doesn't make up nearly enough votes to win the general.

You say this.....

Unless all you care about is just getting to vote for Dear Leader one more time, which seems likely at this point.

Then you come with this... leftist playbook...

Self awareness isn't your strong suit.

LOL!

I'm not worried about converting Trump cultists, they will never leave him and are happy to vote for him in the primary just to guarantee another loss to Biden. Thankfully they will finally be gone after he loses again and actual conservatives can rebuild the party.
"Trump cultists" leftist saying, are truly few and far between, very, very few. It's the tweeners you and the DeSantis, circle jerking, fan boys are turning off to a great candidate with your constant, leftist, barrage of insults. Y'all are completely clueless and are already hedging and building a wall around your ignorance.
aggiehawg
AG

Dan Scott said:

They need to change the way Iowa does Caucuses. The official vote shouldn't be released until all voting is completed in the state.

Agreed, seems pretty insane to release anything when people are still voting.
It is a caucus. Sad you have zero idea of how many times they keep voting.
AggieVictor10
AG
Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.
And why do you think the vote will mobilize for Trump?

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.

Seems like getting desantis supporters in his corner would help him
JWinTX
oysterbayAG said:

The economy, the border, the wars and Joe Biden's weakness and poor health will hopefully drive people to vote for Trump. Not as overwhelming as in 1980 for Reagan, but enough to win !

Please explain how you think Trump is going to do any different this time when we all know the Dems playbook of ballot harvesting, mail-in balloting, precinct delays at GOP precincts, and adding abortion and recreational drug legalizing on the ballots? Since 2020, every major election has gone the Dems way in all but red states. And abortion lovers are drowning out pro-lifers at the ballot box so they can continue killing their babies.
Who?mikejones!
RGLAG85 said:

RGLAG85 said:

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

Varies by precinct, but mine was always about 60-90mis in before counts started appearing.

Have to listen to each candidates speaker speak. And then, laugh at Trumps for like 10 minutes

Well I'm voting for Desantis if I get the chance. What do you suggest to defeat Trump. I'll listen.

But, the way to beat Trump is to get close in the first several caucuses (or is it cauci?) and primaries. This would show that the polls were WAY off.

His inevitability is his main selling point right now to everyone that isn't diehard MAGA. If that bubble gets popped, he'll be in a HUGE fight going forward. And he WILL have to debate and really campaign, not what he's been doing.

I think ron can do it but if he can't, it'll be interesting to watch trump unite the party behind him. Maybe ron could be a VP pick.

I hope Ron can get the nod. I just don't see it happening and what scares me even more is the stubbornness of the Never Trumpers who will cut off their noses just to show how smart they are.

Or, maybe we shouldn't nominate someone that's hated by ~20% of the party? In case you missed it you need their votes in the general.

Insulting is a great way to win people over. Operating out of the Kari Lake playbook I guess. As a reminder Maga doesn't make up nearly enough votes to win the general.

You say this.....

Unless all you care about is just getting to vote for Dear Leader one more time, which seems likely at this point.

LOL!

I'm not worried about converting Trump cultists, they will never leave him and are happy to vote for him in the primary just to guarantee another loss to Biden. Thankfully they will finally be gone after he loses again and actual conservatives can rebuild the party.
"Trump cultists" leftist saying, are truly few and far between, very, very few. It's the tweeners you and the DeSantis, circle jerking, fan boys are turning off to a great candidate with your constant, leftist, barrage of insults. Y'all are completely clueless and are already hedging and building a wall around your ignorance.

Hahhaha
FireAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Wes97 said:

Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

Imagine looking at nauseating Trump voters and saying the DeSantis ones are insufferable. You people just suffer from massive cognitive dissonance and find it unpleasant.

DeSantis is a better candidate, executive, and man that Trump ever was or ever will be, and we are a deeply unserious country.

And as much as that might be true, he didn't connect with enough voters to have them see things his way and give him their vote…

He chose the wrong things to campaign on, and he did not connect with the electorate very well…

Folks may not like that explanation, but that's what happened…
Waffledynamics
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.
Ag with kids
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Wes97 said:

Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

The thing is, I really believe that MAGA will be genuinely surprised when Trump loses yet again. That's why they have to find someone else to blame. They just can't believe that someone they love so much isn't loved by everyone else.
taterchip
Agthatbuilds said:

Ain't happening. None of those issues will matter when it's simply Trump on the ballot.

Trump with "no balls"?
J. Walter Weatherman
RGLAG85 said:

RGLAG85 said:

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

You say this.....

LOL!

The irony here is incredible. Your hero's entire campaign is built on Jr. High insults with zero understanding of policy. Or magnets, apparently.
one safe place
Ag with kids said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

I guess they thinks independents/dems/libs will magically vote for desantis.

Its laughable but whatever.

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.
Trump turns red areas blue.

DeSantis turns blue areas red.

MAGA: I WANT TRUMP!!!! PROVEN WARRIOR!
DeSantis isn't turning anything in this election.
Waffledynamics
AG
FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Wes97 said:

Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

And as much as that might be true, he didn't connect with enough voters to have them see things his way and give him their vote…

He chose the wrong things to campaign on, and he did not connect with the electorate very well…

No, what happened was the heaviest negative media campaign along with a heavy Trump campaign and a ******ed electorate.
FireAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Apparently "Trumpers", "Trumpeters", "MAGA" aren't the 20% minority so many have claimed them to be…
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Disagree. DeSantis had the issues, he just didn't have the right year and started too late to make it his year.
C@LAg
Trump has been the Dems ***** for 8 years now. That is not going to stop any time soon.

1. No major legislation passed on his watch.

2. He spent $8TT that the dems gorged on, as did the Republicans. S much for him being "conservative".

3. He got used and abused by the Executive branch, who worked against him

4. The military hated him so much they actively worked against him

5. Republican leadership hated and still hates him and barely is willing to work with him. He is going to bring down the ticket in one or both houses.

6. DOJ has tied him up for pretty much the entire time.

7. He is bleeding millions in ongoing lawsuits that divide his time.

8. He has almost no useful or powerful allies. Anywhere.

The senile buffoon in the White House who cannot prepare cereal for himself is going to beat him in the general election. For a second time.

He is a dead candidate walking.
Rapier108
FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently "Trumpers", "Trumpeters", "MAGA" aren't the 20% minority so many have claimed them to be…
This is not the general election.

Overall electorate they are 25% at best.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Wes97 said:

The poor texags Cruz/DeSantis board once again shows that it completely has its finger on the pulse of the average conservative voter.

You don't know the meaning of the words.
Who?mikejones!
taterchip said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Trump with "no balls"?

Yeah, not a single one. Just a charlatan playing you.

He'd been at the debates actually discussing the issues if he could form a sentence.
FireAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Wes97 said:

Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

No, what happened was the heaviest media campaign along with a heavy Trump campaign and a ******ed electorate.

Polling has said all along that DeSantis was t gaining any traction with voters…only Haley has gained ground versus Trump recently…

DeSantis ignored this and, like his supporters, felt like his message and delivery were getting the job done and the polls were lies and propaganda…

Nope…they were apparently spot on…
Ag with kids
AG
JWinTX said:

oysterbayAG said:

The economy, the border, the wars and Joe Biden's weakness and poor health will hopefully drive people to vote for Trump. Not as overwhelming as in 1980 for Reagan, but enough to win !

Please explain how you think Trump is going to do any different this time when we all know the Dems playbook of ballot harvesting, mail-in balloting, precinct delays at GOP precincts, and adding abortion and recreational drug legalizing on the ballots? Since 2020, every major election has gone the Dems way in all but red states. And abortion lovers are drowning out pro-lifers at the ballot box so they can continue killing their babies.
Yeah...

Trump took credit in 2022 for Dobbs. Republicans got hammered in elections because of it.

But, Trump was already out of office so the electorate has not had a chance to have their say in an election HE is in.

If people who are just in the Republican party got hammered by abortion in the 2022 elections, how do you think the electorate will reward the person who they think ACTUALLY CAUSED the Dobbs decision?
Wes97
AG
Liberals are always shocked by election results because they only talk to other liberals.

Texags political board posters are shocked at results because they only talk to other white collar, suburban, college educated voters. Which "newsflash" is a small % of the overall voting population.
FireAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Disagree. DeSantis had the issues, he just didn't have the right year and started too late to make it his year.

I dunno hawg…seeing a lot of stuff that leads me to believe that his pounding the table about his Covid record in FL didn't move the needle for folks… The electorate doesn't seem to care about Covid…
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Wishful thinking that not so many people on our side have the IQ of a waist size.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.