***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,313 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fox calls it for Trump. That didn't take long.
FJB
AG
Fox calls Iowa for Trump
J. Walter Weatherman
Ag with kids said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

CNN calling it already based off of more polls. Shocker.
What are those numbers at the bottom of the screen they're using to call it?

They said the call was based on entrance polls and the small amount of actual votes that have come in so far.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Oh look, the polls were right. Shocker.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Who?mikejones!

Ag with kids said:

CNN calling it already based off of more polls. Shocker.
What are those numbers at the bottom of the screen they're using to call it?

They said the call was based on entrance polls and the small amount of actual votes that have come in so far.

Margin matters, especially for desantis
Sea Speed
AG
Seriously, we have a generational candidate with a proven track record ready to go and instead everyone wants the geriatric insecure nut job AGAIN.
45-70Ag
AG
Trump is going to be the nominee in the end.
FireAg
AG
FoxNews projecting that Trump will win the Iowa Caucuses…
J. Walter Weatherman
Sea Speed said:

Seriously, we have a generational candidate with a proven track record ready to go and instead everyone wants the geriatric insecure nut job AGAIN.

So bizarre. Have never seen so many people duped by such an obvious conman.
DD88
AG
Networks trying to influence the Caucus before even 1% have completed.

Utter BS.
Logos Stick
Trump wins, 70%

Tanya 93
45-70Ag said:

Which means we get the Democrat nominee as President

Enjoy your victory
Rockdoc
AG
45-70Ag said:

This is it bottom line. Never Trumpers will have a decision to make. Hope they survive it.
BigRobSA
TRM said:

Precinct in Council Bluffs out of ballots and they have to vote on a legal pad sheet.

Ballots?

Dafuq?

Never had those in Linn County. Always was an audible count off and then tabulated on a legal pad.
William K. Klingaman
Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

This is it bottom line. Never Trumpers will have a decision to make. Hope they survive it.

They have spent 3 years getting more and more unnecessarily outraged and will take their ball and go home on Election Day.
one safe place
Sea Speed said:

With him being a generational candidate with a proven track record, why do you think he can't get any traction and is doing so poorly? What is his campaign doing that keeps people from seeing him as a generational candidate with a proven track record?
William K. Klingaman
Logos Stick said:

Trump wins, 70%

Who?mikejones!
I'll be honest, I've continually said I'd vote Trump should he win the primary.

Now, I'm not so sure
PA24
AG
Schizophrenic to think that Democrats cheat with mail in ballots and the way to beat them at their game is by running a lawyer from Florida.

The good news is our governor is on board with Trump and will probably be his running mate. If they do cheat, the movement for an exit would clearly be loud, especially from rural Texas. Abbott is the most powerful governor in the land, maybe in the history of our state.

FriscoKid
AG
DD88 said:

Utter BS.

That's not how this works.
astros4545
AG
one safe place said:

Sea Speed said:

With him being a generational candidate with a proven track record, why do you think he can't get any traction and is doing so poorly? What is his campaign doing that keeps people from seeing him as a generational candidate with a proven track record?

Trump has been a household name for 40 years
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

45-70Ag said:

Which means we get the Democrat nominee as President

Enjoy your victory
A vote for Trump in the primary is a vote for Biden in the general.
J. Walter Weatherman
DD88 said:

Utter BS.

This seems like the goal of these early calls and all of the talking heads. Just more "Trump is inevitable" bs.
Who?mikejones!
Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the room. There's hardly any news but trump
Rockdoc
AG
William K. Klingaman said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

They have spent 3 years getting more and more unnecessarily outraged and will take their ball and go home on Election Day.

Then we'll have Biden, or perhaps Michelle Obama. Hope they will approve of that.
aginresearch
AG
Less than 1% of the votes are in and race is being called. Sorry that doesn't work. You need around 20% of the total vote in to make a reasonable prediction. People are still voting. This is wrong!
Grapesoda2525
Trump in top form tonight. Totally thrashed the competition.
Ag with kids
AG
Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Vote for Trump or Else. There's my favorite campaign slogan again...
Who?mikejones!
Lol
Frok
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'll be honest, I've continually said I'd vote Trump should he win the primary.

Now, I'm not so sure

It does suck, Trump had his time but unfortunately he's got a ton of worshippers. I think I'm coming to grips with the fact that we are screwed as a country either way.
Rapier108
one safe place said:

Sea Speed said:

Because too many people are emotionally and religiously devoted to Trump and only to Trump. When people say they go to a Trump rally to "bask in his presence" then you know that kind of person will never vote for anyone else.

They do not care about conservatism. It is about a man and only that man. This is why most of them will support every single liberal thing Trump tosses out, such as a federal abortion law. They would rather hand the country over to the Democrats forever than vote for anyone other than Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
William K. Klingaman
Rockdoc said:

William K. Klingaman said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Then we'll have Biden, or perhaps Michelle Obama. Hope they will approve of that.

Not on a level playing field. Put up the party's best candidate and get behind him. Quit being afraid of the Democrats.
RGLAG85
AG

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

when should we start hearing official results?

Varies by precinct, but mine was always about 60-90mis in before counts started appearing.

Have to listen to each candidates speaker speak. And then, laugh at Trumps for like 10 minutes

Well maybe you'll get to laugh at Biden for 4 more years!
Only if we nominate Trump again.

Tried it once, got bad result. Let's try it again...yep, same bad result.

Well I'm voting for Desantis if I get the chance. What do you suggest to defeat Trump. I'll listen.
I didn't make a comment about defeating him.

I only commented that nominating him was a loser for the general.

But, the way to beat Trump is to get close in the first several caucuses (or is it cauci?) and primaries. This would show that the polls were WAY off.

His inevitability is his main selling point right now to everyone that isn't diehard MAGA. If that bubble gets popped, he'll be in a HUGE fight going forward. And he WILL have to debate and really campaign, not what he's been doing.

Tonight we'll see if that can happen.

I hope it happens but I have my worries. I hope I'm wrong.

Just don't think it's going to happen…33+ polling lead is insurmountable…

I think ron can do it but if he can't, it'll be interesting to watch trump unite the party behind him. Maybe ron could be a VP pick.

I hope Ron can get the nod. I just don't see it happening and what scares me even more is the stubbornness of the Never Trumpers who will cut off their noses just to show how smart they are.

Or, maybe we shouldn't nominate someone that's hated by ~20% of the party? In case you missed it you need their votes in the general.

Or maybe 20% of the party should unwad their panties and actually join a party.

Insulting is a great way to win people over. Operating out of the Kari Lake playbook I guess. As a reminder Maga doesn't make up nearly enough votes to win the general.

You say this.....

Unless all you care about is just getting to vote for Dear Leader one more time, which seems likely at this point.

Then you come with this... leftist playbook...

Self awareness isn't your strong suit.

LOL!
Rapier108
Grapesoda2525 said:

Trump in top form tonight. Totally thrashed the competition.
You're voting for Biden or the Democrat so I guess you have cause to celebrate.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RufusAg
AG
Trump 50
Haley 22
DeSantis 17
Vivek 9
Others 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.