***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,310 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TRM said:

CNN and MSNBC were ecstatic Trump won.

It's all for show.
Don't fall for it.
Science Denier
AG
Gap said:

Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

My bet is plenty of these DeSantis supporters just don't show upp. TDS is far too strong and emotion for these cowards.
I'll probably vote for DeSantis in the primary but would certainly vote for Trump in the general if he wins the R nomination.

But, here I am being called a "coward". Great strategy.

Which is worse. Coward or listless vessel?
GAC06
AG
Science Denier said:

GAC06 said:

I didn't claim Trump cheated. Try to keep up.

You said this
Quote:

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating

And if he had lost, he would have been correct. As over half the party supports him.

Try to keep up.

Every time Trump loses he claims he was cheated.

I never claimed Trump cheated.

Does that clear it up for you?
GAC06
AG
Science Denier said:

Gap said:

Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

My bet is plenty of these DeSantis supporters just don't show upp. TDS is far too strong and emotion for these cowards.
I'll probably vote for DeSantis in the primary but would certainly vote for Trump in the general if he wins the R nomination.

But, here I am being called a "coward". Great strategy.

Which is worse. Coward or listless vessel?

A listless vessel with bone spurs? Oh wait that's also a coward.
Rapier108
bobbranco said:

If blank then chalk the win up to Biden.
That accusation does not work on me, nor does guilt tripping, nor do all of the insults the other Trump supporters here throw out on a constant basis.

But keep it up; will make it easy as can be for me to leave it blank.

If Trump needs my vote to win Texas, then it means the Democrat will be winning 40+ states so it won't matter if I vote or not.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Old Sarge
AG
"Wife will probably vote DeSantis in the primary, and so might I. I did not vote Trump in the first primary in 2016, as Cruz was my guy. But I voted Trump b/c not Killary. That's how it works. No DemocRat gets my vote, and a vote against them every time. The lessor of two evils is sucky, but that's how it works. When Trump gave his Inaugural Speech, he won me over to an extent. I will NOT sit on a high horse and abstain or vote for the opposition because I dislike someone. Trump is a giant jackass too much of the time, but history is ridden with leaders that were despised on a personal level that were better for their nations overall."

This was from one of my posts above, but still stands for those that have an issue with Trump.

Will you vote for Trump if he wins the nomination? A simple yes/no will work here. To make it more clear, say Trump DOES win the nomination under any condition (in other words IS the nominee). Will you vote for him?
"Green" is the new RED.
GAC06
AG
Rapier108 said:

bobbranco said:

If blank then chalk the win up to Biden.
That accusation does not work on me, nor does guilt tripping, nor do all of the insults the other Trump supporters here throw out on a constant basis.

But keep it up; will make it easy as can be for me to leave it blank.

If Trump needs my vote to win Texas, then it means the Democrat will be winning 40+ states so it won't matter if I vote or not.

No need to justify it. Trump said he has the votes. Tons of votes.
TRM
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

You're trying to equivocate what Trump himself claimed (repeatedly) with what anonymous randos on the internet implied.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You're moving the goal posts. Just yesterday the "trump cult" was predicted to cry cheating if trump lost. Now TDs people are.

Cry uncle. I'm not letting you off the mat on this. Own it and let your trump sized ego go.

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating like he always has. You're trying to compare that to some rando anonymous guy on the internet. It's pathetic.

I'm only seeing Desantis people claim media manipulation now. Why is that?
Sean Spicer, Jonah Goldberg, Nate Silver, etc. are not DeSantis people. Trump was winning, but this effected the margins and the delegate allocation.

Since you can't figure it out or are just being obtuse. The perception of the outcome is different if Trump has less than 50% support. The party is ready to move on from him rather than reanoint him. DeSantis reaching 25% makes him the clear alternative over Haley. We'd have a race with any consolidation taking place.
GAC06
AG
No
Science Denier
AG
GAC06 said:

Science Denier said:

GAC06 said:

I didn't claim Trump cheated. Try to keep up.

You said this
Quote:

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating

And if he had lost, he would have been correct. As over half the party supports him.

Try to keep up.

Every time Trump loses he claims he was cheated.

I never claimed Trump cheated.

I'm clear. You said had he lost he would have claimed there was cheating. I said bad he lost there clearly would have been cheating.

Just like his only one loss was clearly cheating.

Trump cheating was never in any of my posts, so I guess you are somehow talking to yourself.

bobbranco
AG
Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face never indicates sound reasoning.

And I won't be voting for Trump in the primaries. DeSantis gets my vote. In the general, if Trump is the nominee, he will get my vote. There is no way in hell I will participate in any pusillanimity.
GAC06
AG
Clearly cheating. Lol

How do I know? Trump lost.

And he said so.

Drink the Kool Aide
Science Denier
AG
TRM said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

You're trying to equivocate what Trump himself claimed (repeatedly) with what anonymous randos on the internet implied.

You're moving the goal posts. Just yesterday the "trump cult" was predicted to cry cheating if trump lost. Now TDs people are.

Cry uncle. I'm not letting you off the mat on this. Own it and let your trump sized ego go.

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating like he always has. You're trying to compare that to some rando anonymous guy on the internet. It's pathetic.

Sean Spicer, Jonah Goldberg, Nate Silver, etc. are not DeSantis people. Trump was winning, but this effected the margins and the delegate allocation.

Since you can't figure it out or are just being obtuse. The perception of the outcome is different if Trump has less than 50% support. The party is ready to move on from him rather than reanoint him. DeSantis reaching 25% makes him the clear alternative over Haley. We'd have a race with any consolidation taking place.

So Trump didn't get over 50% of the vote and the party is ready to move on if DeDantis gets 25% of the vote instead of 21% of the vote.

Just want to make sure I understand the point you are trying to make here.
Who?mikejones!
Before tonight, I was 100% voting for whomever the republican nominee is....

Now, 50/50
Grapesoda2525
Science Denier said:

TRM said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

So Trump didn't get over 50% of the vote and the party is ready to move on if DeDantis gets 25% of the vote instead of 21% of the vote.

Trump campaign is saying they would've won by 10-15 more points if the weather was nice.
MarkTwain
Grapesoda2525 said:

Science Denier said:

TRM said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Trump campaign is saying they would've won by 10-15 more points if the weather was nice.
Rolled up that first fatty of the day and that's the best you got? Well the twinkies and cheese balls are calling ya...
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
northeastag
AG
I've only been to Iowa once, and the people there seems pretty friendly. But after yesterday, hearing about the border deal that the Republicans in the senate have negotiated, and then watching the voting last night, I've come to the conclusions that

1. I've got very little in common with the people of Iowa.

2. I've got very little in common with the Republican party in general.

3. Even though I've held my nose and voted R for many years, I just don't think I can do it any more, and...

4. I am looking for other reasonable alternatives. I will finally feel free to vote my conscience (in Florida, thanks to DeSantis turning the state so red, my vote won't matter anyway).
ttu_85
Agthatbuilds said:

Before tonight, I was 100% voting for whomever the republican nominee is....

Now, 50/50
Trump is terrible! But the democrats are 1000 times worse. Never ever under no circumstances vote for the rats. They are the NACP-- New American Communist Party. New packaging on an old and deadly idea.
Who?mikejones!
Won't vote for any democrat
MarkTwain
northeastag said:

I've only been to Iowa once, and the people there seems pretty friendly. But after yesterday, hearing about the border deal that the Republicans in the senate have negotiated, and then watching the voting last night, I've come to the conclusions that

3. Even though I've held my nose and voted R for many years, I just don't think I can do it any more, and...

4. I am looking for other reasonable alternatives. I will finally feel free to vote my conscience (in Florida, thanks to DeSantis turning the state so red, my vote won't matter anyway).
I don't get this logic, what the heck is "other reasonable alternatives"? Move to Costa Rica? There are only two parties regardless of what people think. A vote for an Independent in your own words "vote won't matter anyway" but if that helps your feelings so be it but don't complain if the current idiot is re-elected, you assisted in the process. After the last four years there's only one alternative and that's get him out.If Trump isn't your guy fine, tell your guy or gal to do better. By Super Tuesday Trump is going to be the only one left on the ticket.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Who?mikejones!
Is our goal to have a republican in the white house or elect Trump?

ttu_85
bobbranco said:

TRM said:

CNN and MSNBC were ecstatic Trump won.

It's all for show.
Don't fall for it.
Sadly most already have. People will look back on this year 2024 and will say as we did with the Roman Empire --"What the hell happened ?"

This is so easy to see. We had a great chance for real leadership and yet were guilt tripped into being utterly stupid. Now its two old 80+ and half demented coots to compete, to quote "lead the US "in what is sure to be sever eco and FP times. How dumb we are.

May God have mercy on sour souls. As China will be licking its chops never mind the domestic instability.

And no, I'm not ok. Anybody with a brain and basic knowledge of history and economics can see how this is going to go down.
ttu_85
Foreverconservative said:

northeastag said:

I don't get this logic, what the heck is "other reasonable alternatives"? Move to Costa Rica? There are only two parties regardless of what people think. A vote for an Independent in your own words "vote won't matter anyway" but if that helps your feelings so be it but don't complain if the current idiot is re-elected, you assisted in the process. After the last four years there's only one alternative and that's get him out.If Trump isn't your guy fine, tell your guy or gal to do better. By Super Tuesday Trump is going to be the only one left on the ticket.
The logic was to back an effective young and sharp leader in what will be very challenging times. No vote with your feels for some super old guy who runs only on his feels and how nice people are to him. Is that logical ?

Biden is beyond terrible but Trumps better- he is just terrible. How reassuring as debt levels soar and China eyes expansion and global strife is at 1937 levels. This is not the time for old fossils to lead.
MarkTwain
Agthatbuilds said:

Is our goal to have a republican in the white house or elect Trump?

Come November there will only be one name on the REPUBLICAN ballot vote whatever helps your feelings. I get it you are a never Trump vote, so be it, I don't want to change your mind I'm done with it.
northeastag
AG

northeastag said:

That's one view. The other (mine, and many others I speak to), is that the choice will come down to two idiots. Either one will be awful for the country.

It's also attitudes like yours that have allowed the creation of the Uniparty. And I was with you for about 45 years.

Time to try something new, at least for me.
Who?mikejones!
Just answer the question. It's simple.

Is the goal to get Trump elected or is it to have Republicans take control of the white house?

And, BTW, I'm not a never trumper. Geez you people are overly sensitive
MarkTwain
Agthatbuilds said:

Just answer the question. It's simple.

Is the goal to get Trump elected or is it to have Republicans take control of the white house?

And, BTW, I'm not a never trumper. Geez you people are overly sensitive
I did, whether you admit it or not Trump is a republican, I even ut it in all caps and you missed it. Your hatred for Trump has literally blinded you.

BTW If it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck it's usually a duck.....I'm in no way overly sensitive, I'm just not wasting time with the nonsense
Who?mikejones!
No, you didn't answer the question.

For the third time-

Is the goal for Republicans to win the white house or for Trump to be elected.

Trump will not win the general election. So, if your goal is to win the white house, then you should probably be supporting a different candidate during the primary.

I'm literally blind now? Damn, I'm a fast blind typer on my phone. Good thing I got the brail app.
J. Walter Weatherman
northeastag said:

northeastag said:

That's one view. The other (mine, and many others I speak to), is that the choice will come down to two idiots. Either one will be awful for the country.

It's also attitudes like yours that have allowed the creation of the Uniparty. And I was with you for about 45 years.

Time to try something new, at least for me.

The amount of Republicans who will leave president blank or vote third party will also hopefully be enough to purge Trump and trumpism from the party for good. It's a losing message in the long run.
Who?mikejones!
Sorry you can't defend Trump beyond throwing out ad homs and strawmen.

Your non-answer answers it pretty clearly.

It's just a little funny that "forever conservative" supports a clearly not overly conservative candidate and then acts like the standard bearer of conservatism who gets to judge the ideological purity of other Republicans and/or conservatives.
MarkTwain
Agthatbuilds said:

No, you didn't answer the question.

For the third time-

Is the goal for Republicans to win the white house or for Trump to be elected.

Trump will not win the general election. So, if your goal is to win the white house, then you should probably be supporting a different candidate during the primary.
Yes I did answer it, Trump will be the republican candidate and if you want a republican in the white house you will vote for him. If you don't you're part of the problem. DeSantis never had a chance, he got out over his skis. Haley will never ever lead a POTUS ticket, and anyone pushing the rumor she will be his VP is an idiot.

You don't know that Nostradamus. If the Republican party allows the dems pull the same crap they pulled n 2020 it wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ himself were on the ticket

I'm done talking in circles
Who?mikejones!
You don't get it.

If your goal was to win the election, then you wouldn't be supporting Trump. He will not win the general election. Again. For the second time in a row.

Bidens record will not matter. Trump himself will be the only issue at vote. And we've time and again seen how poorly that works out for Republicans winning elections.

But, you don't really care if Republicans win or democrats lose. You only care that your dear leader Trump wins back his glory and gets revenge.
MarkTwain
Agthatbuilds said:

You don't get it.

If your goal was to win the election, then you wouldn't be supporting Trump. He will not win the general election. Again. For the second time in a row.

Bidens record will not matter. Trump himself will be the only issue at vote. And we've time and again how poorly that works out for Republicans winning elections.

But, you don't really care if Republicans win or democrats lose. You only care that your dear leader Trump wins back his glory and gets revenge.
You're the one that doesn't get it.

And you don't know Sh** about me kid

I voted for McCain and Romney as bad as I hated it, because the alternative was the beginning of the coming out of the Marxists and the mass division of our country, I served my country proudly and continue to do so as a contractor, I've seen the inner workings of the beast up close, samp doesn't even begin to describe it. Vote as you wish, but I'm pulling the R lever regardless of who it is.
Who?mikejones!
You still haven't answered my question.

Kid. Is that supposed to be an insult?
dmart90
AG
Dan Scott said:

And this, boys and girls, is the problem with the primary system.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.