***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,308 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump is going to be the nominee in the end.

This is it bottom line. Never Trumpers will have a decision to make. Hope they survive it.

I'm not a never trumper, I just think Trump is a child and is not a committed conservative. He is also hated by many and that hate will drive turnout.

I'll vote for him, but I'm not convinced he can win. Oh well.
aginresearch
AG
This is Florida 2016 and Arizona 2020 all over again.
Ag with kids
AG
Rockdoc said:

William K. Klingaman said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

This is it bottom line. Never Trumpers will have a decision to make. Hope they survive it.

They have spent 3 years getting more and more unnecessarily outraged and will take their ball and go home on Election Day.

Then we'll have Biden, or perhaps Michelle Obama. Hope they will approve of that.
Of course...gotta find SOMEONE to blame for a loss instead of Trump.

It's amazing how nothing is EVER his fault. It's always THAT GUY'S fault that something bad happened...
An L of an Ag
AG
Frok said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I'll be honest, I've continually said I'd vote Trump should he win the primary.

Now, I'm not so sure

It does suck, Trump had his time but unfortunately he's got a ton of worshippers. I think I'm coming to grips with the fact that we are screwed as a country either way.

This right here. Anymore, I'm settling into a "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun YOU" outlook regarding the oncoming ****storm.
Aggies2009
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

They have spent 3 years getting more and more unnecessarily outraged and will take their ball and go home on Election Day.

Then we'll have Biden, or perhaps Michelle Obama. Hope they will approve of that.

It's amazing how nothing is EVER his fault. It's always THAT GUY'S fault that something bad happened...

Thankfully he doesn't need that right now as he kicks your boys teeth in.
45-70Ag
AG
Trump being the nominee will drive people to vote. I'm just not sure it drives people to vote for him.
J. Walter Weatherman
RGLAG85 said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

when should we start hearing official results?

Varies by precinct, but mine was always about 60-90mis in before counts started appearing.

Have to listen to each candidates speaker speak. And then, laugh at Trumps for like 10 minutes

Well maybe you'll get to laugh at Biden for 4 more years!
Only if we nominate Trump again.

Tried it once, got bad result. Let's try it again...yep, same bad result.

Well I'm voting for Desantis if I get the chance. What do you suggest to defeat Trump. I'll listen.
I didn't make a comment about defeating him.

I only commented that nominating him was a loser for the general.

But, the way to beat Trump is to get close in the first several caucuses (or is it cauci?) and primaries. This would show that the polls were WAY off.

His inevitability is his main selling point right now to everyone that isn't diehard MAGA. If that bubble gets popped, he'll be in a HUGE fight going forward. And he WILL have to debate and really campaign, not what he's been doing.

Tonight we'll see if that can happen.

I hope it happens but I have my worries. I hope I'm wrong.

Just don't think it's going to happen…33+ polling lead is insurmountable…

I think ron can do it but if he can't, it'll be interesting to watch trump unite the party behind him. Maybe ron could be a VP pick.

I hope Ron can get the nod. I just don't see it happening and what scares me even more is the stubbornness of the Never Trumpers who will cut off their noses just to show how smart they are.

Or, maybe we shouldn't nominate someone that's hated by ~20% of the party? In case you missed it you need their votes in the general.

Or maybe 20% of the party should unwad their panties and actually join a party.

Insulting is a great way to win people over. Operating out of the Kari Lake playbook I guess. As a reminder Maga doesn't make up nearly enough votes to win the general.

You say this.....

Unless all you care about is just getting to vote for Dear Leader one more time, which seems likely at this point.

Then you come with this... leftist playbook...

Self awareness isn't your strong suit.

LOL!

I'm not worried about converting Trump cultists, they will never leave him and are happy to vote for him in the primary just to guarantee another loss to Biden. Thankfully they will finally be gone after he loses again and actual conservatives can rebuild the party.
Rockdoc
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Vote for Trump or Else. There's my favorite campaign slogan again...

I'm pulling for Desantis chief. But if it's trump or Biden, that's not hard for me. Maybe for you.
DarkBrandon01
AG
trump won because republicans want to piss off democrats more than they want to pick a good candidate
Who?mikejones!
Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump v biden.

We are an unserious people
taterchip
Sea Speed said:

Seriously, we have a generational candidate with a proven track record ready to go and instead everyone wants the geriatric insecure nut job AGAIN.

We sure do!
FriscoKid
AG
Someone needs to bring charges against Trump for tonight. Surely he broke some law in taking these votes from other people.
Aggies2009
AG

RGLAG85 said:

cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

FireAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

BigRobSA said:

PA24 said:

when should we start hearing official results?

Varies by precinct, but mine was always about 60-90mis in before counts started appearing.

Have to listen to each candidates speaker speak. And then, laugh at Trumps for like 10 minutes

Well maybe you'll get to laugh at Biden for 4 more years!
Only if we nominate Trump again.

Tried it once, got bad result. Let's try it again...yep, same bad result.

Well I'm voting for Desantis if I get the chance. What do you suggest to defeat Trump. I'll listen.
I didn't make a comment about defeating him.

I only commented that nominating him was a loser for the general.

But, the way to beat Trump is to get close in the first several caucuses (or is it cauci?) and primaries. This would show that the polls were WAY off.

His inevitability is his main selling point right now to everyone that isn't diehard MAGA. If that bubble gets popped, he'll be in a HUGE fight going forward. And he WILL have to debate and really campaign, not what he's been doing.

Tonight we'll see if that can happen.

I hope it happens but I have my worries. I hope I'm wrong.

Just don't think it's going to happen…33+ polling lead is insurmountable…

I think ron can do it but if he can't, it'll be interesting to watch trump unite the party behind him. Maybe ron could be a VP pick.

I hope Ron can get the nod. I just don't see it happening and what scares me even more is the stubbornness of the Never Trumpers who will cut off their noses just to show how smart they are.

Or, maybe we shouldn't nominate someone that's hated by ~20% of the party? In case you missed it you need their votes in the general.

Or maybe 20% of the party should unwad their panties and actually join a party.

Insulting is a great way to win people over. Operating out of the Kari Lake playbook I guess. As a reminder Maga doesn't make up nearly enough votes to win the general.

You say this.....

Unless all you care about is just getting to vote for Dear Leader one more time, which seems likely at this point.

Then you come with this... leftist playbook...

Self awareness isn't your strong suit.

LOL!

I'm not worried about converting Trump cultists, they will never leave him and are happy to vote for him in the primary just to guarantee another loss to Biden. Thankfully they will finally be gone after he loses again and actual conservatives can rebuild the party.

I heard this one before!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
one safe place said:

What is his campaign doing that keeps people from seeing him as a generational candidate with a proven track record?
RDS misread the room, badly. He seemed to think that his leadership during COVID was his ace in the hole, and instead it was met with a resounding "That's nice. I don't care." from the electorate.

People just wanted COVID to be over and for things to go back to how they were. They didn't want Biden to be FDR, and they didn't care about how RDS opened up Florida after shutting it down.

His follow up "Florida is where woke goes to die" was also a pretty weak card to play. I don't even think that most Democrats (much less Republicans) like the social justice left, but wanting to throw hands with Mickey Mouse is another thing entirely.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
William K. Klingaman
Agthatbuilds said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump v biden.

This is an unserious post from someone unwilling to admit all the great work that Trump was doing. Sorry his mean Tweets still upset you.
Ag with kids
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

And then loses to a potato.

And you'll be on here whining like a 3 year old that it was SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT that he lost in the general.

It's not the NOT Trump's fault if Biden wins. It's MAGA's fault. THEY nominated him.

Keep the blame on yourself instead of trying to shift it away. Own it.
45-70Ag
AG
Only 1% in but a lot to be determined with the rest of the votes.
FireAg
AG
RufusAg said:

Trump 50
Haley 22
DeSantis 17
Vivek 9
Others 2

Man, if DeSantis were to finish 3rd, you might as well put his campaign in hospice care…

That would be devastating…
Rapier108
45-70Ag said:

Trump being the nominee will drive people to vote. I'm just not sure it drives people to vote for him.
It doesn't. MAGA will vote for him regardless. Some will vote for him because he has a (R) by his name.

A lot will stay home, vote third party, or leave that line blank.

He will drive Democrat turn out more than anything else, and they won't vote for her. Democrats didn't get 81 million votes last time because people were voting for Biden.

And yes Trumpers, Biden did get pretty much 81 million. Any fraud was very specific and limited to a handful of states and counties. Take away those votes, Biden would still have over 80 million.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bunk Moreland
45-70Ag said:

As someone who voted for him twice it'll drive me to vote libertarian.
MelvinUdall
I hate that politics have become a popularity contest and not based on what they have done…this isn't about Trump, but more so Hailey in comparison to Desantis, he blows her out of the water on accomplishments.
BoydCrowder13

Sea Speed said:

Seriously, we have a generational candidate with a proven track record ready to go and instead everyone wants the geriatric insecure nut job AGAIN.

So bizarre. Have never seen so many people duped by such an obvious conman.

They threw up the stat that 75% of non-college educated were going to Trump in the entrance polls.

I think that is the answer to the duped by a con man comment.

I know the narrative on the conservative side is that college educated voters are hippie elitists and that non-college educated voters are the true geniuses.

I know many people without a college education that built businesses and are very intelligent. I also know many more non college educated individuals that work at Starbucks, Pizza Hut and HEB.

College educated voters include doctors, lawyers, accountants, scientists, MBAs, etc.

Both can certainly be duped. But I think the pizza guy is more likely to than the JD.

Among college educated it appeared fairly equally split between Trump, DeSantis and Haley.
Who?mikejones!

Agthatbuilds said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump v biden.

This is an unserious post from someone unwilling to admit all the great work that Trump was doing. Sorry his mean Tweets still upset you.

I dont give two shots about trumps tweets. The 1st round of Trump was mostly great, except for that disaster of a covid reaponse and spending that led to record inflation.

Trump won't win the general. This ain't 2016.
Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

45-70Ag said:

It doesn't. MAGA will vote for him regardless. Some will vote for him because he has a (R) by his name.

He will drive Democrat turn out more than anything else, and they won't vote for her. Democrats didn't get 81 million votes last time because people were voting for Biden.

And yes Trumpers, Biden did get pretty much 81 million. Any fraud was very specific and limited to a handful of states and counties. Take away those votes, Biden would still have over 80 million.
Biggest issue for Trump is that Not Trump won't donate money. But, it actually is worse, because they might not donate to the GOP either...

So, Trump loses bigly (again) and the GOP loses both houses of Congress.

Get ready for another 50 million illegals...
CREAg87
AG

Agthatbuilds said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump v biden.

Keep your rifle by your side
Aggies2009
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

45-70Ag said:

Biggest issue for Trump is that Not Trump won't donate money. But, it actually is worse, because they might not donate to the GOP either...

We're getting that even with the house
Rapier108
Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

45-70Ag said:

Amnesty for all of them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ag with kids
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

45-70Ag said:

As someone who voted for him twice it'll drive me to vote libertarian.
But if you don't vote for Trump OR ELSE then blah blah blah...

Don't you understand he DESERVES your vote. For REVENGE and RETRIBUTION (which he says he won't do).
TRM
AG
This is the biggest issue. State GOP parties going broke. RNC is barely above water. We don't have the infrastructure to GOTV and challenge Dem policies. It is going to suck
Old_Ag_91
AG
Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.
Rapier108
TRM said:

This is the biggest issue. State GOP parties going broke. RNC is barely above water. We don't have the infrastructure to GOTV and challenge Dem policies. It is going to suck
And most of the money will go to Trump's legal bills.
Ag with kids
AG
TRM said:

MAGA doesn't care. They literally ONLY care about voting for Trump.
Aggies2009
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.

Cause he did well in one state in 2022. They legit think he will somehow win the general. He's weak.
Aggies2009
AG
Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

MAGA doesn't care. They literally ONLY care about voting for Trump.

Looks like MAGA is more successful than your boy.
FireAg
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

Polling says he's in a dead heat with Biden nationally…Haley does best, followed by Trump…

And as tonight has shown, polling is still a fairly reliable method of understanding the tendencies of the electorate…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.