***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,301 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other than losing the presidency, Trump will lose us the senate too to go along with an unlikely keeping of the house.

Gonna be a even rougher 4 years than it's been since 2020
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

1. No major legislation passed on his watch.
Only people on welfare, apparently such as you, didn't get a tax cut.

Really? Your taxes on the federal level went up because of Trump?
Grapesoda2525
C@LAg said:

Trump has been the Dems ***** for 8 years now. That is not going to stop any time soon.

2. He spent $8TT that the dems gorged on, as did the Republicans. S much for him being "conservative".

3. He got used and abused by the Executive branch, who worked against him

4. The military hated him so much they actively worked against him

5. Republican leadership hated and still hates him and barely is willing to work with him. He is going to bring down the ticket in one or both houses.

6. DOJ has tied him up for pretty much the entire time.

7. He is bleeding millions in ongoing lawsuits that divide his time.

8. He has almost no useful or powerful allies. Anywhere.

The senile buffoon in the White House who cannot prepare cereal for himself is going to beat him in the general election. For a second time.

He is a dead candidate walking.
According to this board,

Trump got Hilary and pelosi in a headlock, landed haymakers, and never let up. The libtards got owned.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.
And why do you think the vote will mobilize for Trump?

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.

Seems like getting desantis supporters in his corner would help him

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Apparently "Trumpers", "Trumpeters", "MAGA" aren't the 20% minority so many have claimed them to be…

Wishful thinking that not so many people on our side have the IQ of a waist size.

Call it what you want, but the polls were right, and I'm going to continue to rely on them to get a sense of what is going on…
Ag with kids
AG
C@LAg said:

Trump has been the Dems ***** for 8 years now. That is not going to stop any time soon.

2. He spent $8TT that the dems gorged on, as did the Republicans. S much for him being "conservative".

5. Republican leadership hated and still hates him and barely is willing to work with him. He is going to bring down the ticket in one or both houses.

The senile buffoon in the White House who cannot prepare cereal for himself is going to beat him in the general election. For a second time.

Yeah. But only because everyone cheated to steal what is rightfully his. It's not HIS fault and definitely not MAGA's fault, either.. It's their fault. And your fault.
Ag with kids
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

C@LAg said:

According to this board,

Trump got Hilary and pelosi in a headlock, landed haymakers, and never let up. The libtards got owned.
No...

According to MAGA.
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Apparently "Trumpers", "Trumpeters", "MAGA" aren't the 20% minority so many have claimed them to be…

Wishful thinking that not so many people on our side have the IQ of a waist size.

Call it what you want, but the polls were right, and I'm going to continue to rely on them to get a sense of what is going on…

Dude, that's fine, nobody cares. But you don't have to bring them up in every freaking post. There was literally no reason to bring up polls in response to my post.
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Well, one bill in 4 years.

And...yeah, that's it.

Every other thing he did was undone on 01/20/2021.
BudFox7
Trump just completely owned everyone. Hate to see it
BoydCrowder13
Wes97 said:

Liberals are always shocked by election results because they only talk to other liberals.

Texags political board posters are shocked at results because they only talk to other white collar, suburban, college educated voters. Which "newsflash" is a small % of the overall voting population.

So is the rural MAGA crowd. The only way to beat the city vote is to have both the rural and suburban vote. It seems incredibly divided right now and that is unlikely to change.
Ag with kids
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Dude, that's fine, nobody cares. But you don't have to bring them up in every freaking post. There was literally no reason to bring up polls in response to my post.
He's kinda like Gollum with his polls...my precious.
Psycho Bunny
1836er
AG
Tergdor said:

Wes97 said:

The poor texags Cruz/DeSantis board once again shows that it completely has its finger on the pulse of the average conservative voter.
MAGA isn't conservative. It's populist.
Hogwash... it's a fusion of conservatism and populism that, more accurately than any ideological litmus test, reflects the sentiments of regular, traditional America.

The GOP is no longer the party of Wall Street, neoconservative foreign policy adventurists, and overly-educated suburban social moderates and liberals (who just happen to prefer lower taxes), and in case anyone hasn't been paying attention these last eight years the realignment has already happened.

The GOP is now, more than it has ever been in its history, the party of working class and middle class regular America.

Though it may not yet constitute the majority of GOP officeholders across the country it does constitute the majority of GOP voters, and no matter how much the Bushes, Romneys, Cheneys, and Kristols want it to be the case its never going back to the way it was before.
TXaggiesTX
AG
Ag with kids said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

I guess they thinks independents/dems/libs will magically vote for desantis.

Its laughable but whatever.

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.
Trump turns red areas blue.

DeSantis turns blue areas red.

MAGA: I WANT TRUMP!!!! PROVEN WARRIOR!
States Obama won twice won by Trump both times
-Iowa*
-Ohio*
-Florida

States Trump only won once but is the only republican since Reagan to win them:
- Wisconsin
-Pennsylvania*
- Michigan*

*Trump has both the first and second best performance for a republican since 1988
Ag with kids
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Wes97 said:

Liberals are always shocked by election results because they only talk to other liberals.

Texags political board posters are shocked at results because they only talk to other white collar, suburban, college educated voters. Which "newsflash" is a small % of the overall voting population.

So is the rural MAGA crowd. The only way to beat the city vote is to have both the rural and suburban vote. It seems incredibly divided right now and that is unlikely to change.
And the votes in the primary are showing that the suburbs are Not Trump voters.

Well, at least Trump can claim he won more counties again in 2024.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
FireAg said:

dmart90 said:

Trump won in '16 for one reason and one reason only. He was running against Hilldawg - the MOST decisive candidate ever. Biden barely has a pulse and will still win head to head with Trump. Again.

You sure about that? it's a bold absolute given Trump leads Biden in head-to-head polling…

The president isn't elected by the popular vote. HTH.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag with kids said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And...yeah, that's it.

You know? I am not a Trump fan, never was before 2016 and wish he was gone now.

But what I am not is a liar.

And those that still believed the Russia hoax, the emoluments clause crap, the 14th Amendement clause crap...are liars.
shack009
AG
TXaggiesTX said:

Ag with kids said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.

-Iowa*
-Ohio*
-Florida

- Wisconsin
-Pennsylvania*
- Michigan*

*Trump has both the first and second best performance for a republican since 1988

Congrats to jump for the second best performance ever in those 3 states he lost in 2020.
Who?mikejones!
The margin of win is going to matter a lot tonight. Big margin- its likely desantis is out.

Haley holds on through new Hampshire.

One thing will be fun will be the doom headlines from the left tomorrow.

I dont support Trump because 1. he's a buffoon and 2. he won't win

But, he's not a "danger" to the usa. I do like watching the left squirm over the potential of a 2nd Trump term.
Bryanisbest
AG
Why does Trump make those who want to destroy America "squirm?"
Ag with kids
AG
TXaggiesTX said:

Ag with kids said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

-Iowa*
-Ohio*
-Florida

- Wisconsin
-Pennsylvania*
- Michigan*

So, after 4 years in office and voters could see his performance...Trump turned Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan blue.

After 4 years in office where voters could see his performance, DeSantis turned Miami red.
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Ag with kids said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And...yeah, that's it.

And those that still believed the Russia hoax, the emoluments clause crap, the 14th Amendement clause crap...are liars.
Where did I say you were a liar?

WTF are you talking about?
Grapesoda2525
BudFox7 said:

Trump just completely owned everyone. Hate to see it
Complete and total domination
agsalaska
AG
aggiehawg said:

Ag with kids said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And...yeah, that's it.

So are the people still selling the 2020 election was stolen. Liars selling to fools.
Who?mikejones!
Cause they hate him.

What'd be really fun is if we could actually get an effective political leader like a desantis to be president that might actually accomplish something resembling a push back on leftism.
Dan Scott
AG
They called it for Trump at 1% reporting. Caucus goers were getting texts from people it's been called before having a chance to vote. I'm sure that influenced some people. It's now at 6% reporting and Trump lead has come down. 8,000 official votes counted and they are expecting 120,000.

I'll do my best MAGA impression and says it's rigged!!!
agsalaska
AG
Quote:

I'll do my best MAGA impression and says it's rigged!!!
LOL
Tergdor
AG
1836er said:

Tergdor said:

Wes97 said:

The poor texags Cruz/DeSantis board once again shows that it completely has its finger on the pulse of the average conservative voter.
Hogwash... it's a fusion of conservatism and populism that, more accurately than any ideological litmus test, reflects the sentiments of regular, traditional America.

The GOP is no longer the party of Wall Street, neoconservative foreign policy adventurists, and overly-educated suburban social moderates and liberals (who just happen to prefer lower taxes), and in case anyone hasn't been paying attention these last eight years the realignment has already happened.

The GOP is now, more than it has ever been in its history, the party of working class and middle class regular America.

Though it may not yet constitute the majority of GOP officeholders across the country it does constitute the majority of GOP voters, and no matter how much the Bushes, Romneys, Cheneys, and Kristols want it to be the case its never going back to the way it was before.
You seem to think my opinion of the old Republican Party is that it was conservative. It's not.

MAGA policies are not conservative. The only conservative policy it has is no illegal immigration, and that's only "conservative" because progressives are insane.

Trump wanting to pass a federal abortion law should have been a huge red flag to anyone wanting to say MAGA is conservative. That's as populist as you can get, and taking away from state autonomy is the opposite of conservative.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

They were far more accurate than the wish-casting propaganda tweets that others were posting…
Bryanisbest
AG
Why do they hate him?
Wes97
AG
1836er said:

Tergdor said:

Wes97 said:

Exactly right. Posters on here saying people aren't conservative if they voted for Trump are slightly unhinged. There is barely an inch of breathing room between trump & DeSantis on policy issues, DeSantis biggest selling points were that he was Trump on policy without all of the personality baggage. That and he had shown he could actually get policy proposals implemented. Both pretty strong DeSantis selling points in my book but not about substantive policy differences by any stretch.
Logos Stick
FireAg said:

dmart90 said:

Trump won in '16 for one reason and one reason only. He was running against Hilldawg - the MOST decisive candidate ever. Biden barely has a pulse and will still win head to head with Trump. Again.

You sure about that? it's a bold absolute given Trump leads Biden in head-to-head polling…

Biden has become "we can't even cheat him into another term" bad as a president…

Jimmy Carter is happy to be off the bottom of the pile of worst presidents ever…

The demographics are not in the same universe they were when Carter was prez. It's a terrible comparison. Reagan won the popular vote by almost 60%. An R hasn't won the popular vote since HW Bush.

Dems don't care who is on the ballot. They vote for the party. And there are way more lefties now than back then. It'll come down to a few swing states and Biden will win.
taterchip
Agthatbuilds said:

taterchip said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Ain't happening. None of those issues will matter when it's simply Trump on the ballot.

Can't wait for the debate. Or right, neither biden nor Trump have any balls.

Trump with "no balls"?

Yeah, not a single one. Just a charlatan playing you.

He'd been at the debates actually discussing the issues if he could form a sentence.

Nothing to gain by debating. Why would he? He has 4 years of being President and a multitude of rallies where you can hear his platform. A guy that takes on the "deep state" pretty much by himself has some balls. A Clint Eastwood sized pair!!
willtackleforfood
AG
You're in the minority, again.

shack009
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Why does Trump make those who want to destroy America "squirm?"
Such 3rd grade-level thinking. If we wanted a more conservative Republican to win then we want to destroy America?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.