***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,327 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Trump will just do executive orders that will be undone by the next guy.

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that Trump has zero leadership skill.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

They continuously find excuses to not do the right thing.
- democrats will say mean things about me
- I wasn't told to pass conservative bills
- democrats want to investigate the president for BS accusations
- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

Instead, after all this time, the GOP as a whole had no idea what to do.
Oh...the congress sucked too. But Trump needed to lead. And he didn't.
So is the GOP capable of governing? Or are they too preoccupied with bickering amongst each other?

Yes. With a leader leading. That means not with Trump. He has no leadership skills.
Gap
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

My bet is plenty of these DeSantis supporters just don't show upp. TDS is far too strong and emotion for these cowards.
I'll probably vote for DeSantis in the primary but would certainly vote for Trump in the general if he wins the R nomination.

But, here I am being called a "coward". Great strategy.
TAMUallen
AG
BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

So is the GOP capable of governing? Or are they too preoccupied with bickering amongst each other?

Yes. With a leader leading. That means not with Trump. He has no leadership skills.

Just led the free world for 4 years with great results. No biggie
aggie93
AG
Tea Party said:

aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yeah, so got no sympathy for Trump not getting enough favorable coverage. He made his deal with the media he can live with it.

After everything the media has done to divide this country and carry water for the governments corruption, you sure do have a strange take supporting their side against the person who called them out….
I'm not taking the media's side at all. I'm saying Trump has been using the media to help him take out DeSantis so he can't be upset when they inevitably turn on him. I'm not even saying it was a bad strategy. The media is terrible but Trump is a horrific leader that puts himself above the party and country all the time. That's not unique in a politician. Just is what it is. I don't feel sorry for Trump.

You keep a pet tiger eventually it will get bored or hungry and eat you too.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

My bet is plenty of these DeSantis supporters just don't show upp. TDS is far too strong and emotion for these cowards.
I'm not one of them (I will vote for the R) but it amazes me that the Trump strategy of insulting them harder isn't working to get them on board.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
GAC06
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

If Trump is the republican candidate I'll still show up. I'll vote for any conservative on the ballot, which obviously doesn't include Lockdown Don
aggie93
AG
TAMUallen said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!

Just led the free world for 4 years with great results. No biggie
3 years, the 4th was President Fauci running the country.

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
Gap said:

Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

I'll probably vote for DeSantis in the primary but would certainly vote for Trump in the general if he wins the R nomination.

That's just SOP for Trump supporters.

One of Trump's top "influencers" said DeSantis supporters are "vile creatures" and another said DeSantis supporters would be "purged" after the primary.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Old Sarge
AG
Gap said:

Dark_Knight said:

Old Sarge said:

For the record, I did not call you that.

Wife will probably vote DeSantis in the primary, and so might I. I did not vote Trump in the first primary in 2016, as Cruz was my guy. But I voted Trump b/c not Killary. That's how it works. No DemocRat gets my vote, and a vote against them every time. The lessor of two evils is sucky, but that's how it works. When Trump gave his Inaugural Speech, he won me over to an extent. I will NOT sit on a high horse and abstain or vote for the opposition because I dislike someone. Trump is a giant jackass too much of the time, but history is ridden with leaders that were despised on a personal level that were better for their nations overall.

"Green" is the new RED.
TRM
AG
Dan Scott said:

So the AP broke their rules for calling races here and there are reports of voters leaving once they got the notification. How much do the optics change if Trump is under 50% and DeSantis finishes at 25%? Does that give the Haley voters a reality check?
Rapier108
TRM said:

Dan Scott said:

So the AP broke their rules for calling races here and there are reports of voters leaving once they got the notification. How much do the optics change if Trump is under 50% and DeSantis finishes at 25%? Does that give the Haley voters a reality check?
2000 election Florida early call again.

It was intentional manipulation by the media then. It was again tonight.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Rapier108 said:

TRM said:

Dan Scott said:

Hang on.

Desantis people accused trump people before tonight of calling foul play if they didn't get their way and trump lost Iowa.

How is this different?
TRM
AG
What? Where has anyone accused Trump of foul play aside from the debate rigging? Provide a link please.

Back to the original question, it's plausible over a 1000 precincts, say you lose 4-5 voters each precinct. Trump is now below 50%, what's the narrative?

GAC06
AG
Constantly claiming cheating is only ok if it's the geriatric orange dear leader doing it
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
TRM said:

What? Where has anyone accused Trump of foul play aside from the debate rigging? Provide a link please.

Back to the original question, it's plausible over a 1000 precincts, say you lose 4-5 voters each precinct. Trump is now below 50%, what's the narrative?

In what I quoted, it seems a well known Desantis poster is complaining about media manipulation helping trump to win by 30 pts.

How is that different than what tds folks claimed trump and supporters would do if they lost?
bobbranco
AG
Rockdoc said:

45-70Ag said:

Trump is going to be the nominee in the end.

This is it bottom line. Never Trumpers will have a decision to make. Hope they survive it.
They will follow the Bush lead.

Vote for the Democrat du jour.

lol.
GAC06
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

TRM said:

In what I quoted, it seems a well known Desantis poster is complaining about media manipulation helping trump to win by 30 pts.

How is that different than what tds folks claimed trump and supporters would do if they lost?

How is an anonymous poster on the internet claiming something different than what Trump claimed when he lost Iowa?

Grow up, Peter Pan.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

TRM said:

How is an anonymous poster on the internet claiming something different than what Trump claimed when he lost Iowa?

Grow up, Peter Pan.

Either reading como isn't your thing or you are intentionally being obtuse. Judging by your history it might be both.

I don't care. Desantis people on Texags are now claiming foul play after Desantis lost. Irony is thick.

Not really shocking. Most of the trump hate I've seen is just insane projection.
GAC06
AG
You're trying to equivocate what Trump himself claimed (repeatedly) with what anonymous randos on the internet implied.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GAC06 said:

You're trying to equivocate what Trump himself claimed (repeatedly) with what anonymous randos on the internet implied.

You're moving the goal posts. Just yesterday the "trump cult" was predicted to cry cheating if trump lost. Now TDs people are.

Cry uncle. I'm not letting you off the mat on this. Own it and let your trump sized ego go.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Rapier108
Clay Travis has been kissing Trump's ass since day one.

Sold out like the rest of the so called "conservative media" to grift off Trump for as long as possible.
GAC06
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

You're moving the goal posts. Just yesterday the "trump cult" was predicted to cry cheating if trump lost. Now TDs people are.

Cry uncle. I'm not letting you off the mat on this. Own it and let your trump sized ego go.

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating like he always has. You're trying to compare that to some rando anonymous guy on the internet. It's pathetic.
bobbranco
AG
Rapier108 said:

TRM said:

Dan Scott said:

The press truly hates DeSantis.
It's disgusting.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating like he always has. You're trying to compare that to some rando anonymous guy on the internet. It's pathetic.

I'm only seeing Desantis people claim media manipulation now. Why is that?
Rapier108
They hate Trump too, but right now they're on his side.

Trump = ratings/clicks

And they want him as the nominee, because they know he will be the easiest to beat.

They will unload on him with a full thermonuclear strike day after day after day. All of his insane posts on unTruth Social, all the garbage from his influencers like Loomer, and all of the videos showing his cognitive decline will be front and center from the last day of the convention until the general election.

Trump will have no counter to it except to call names and play the victim card, which does nothing but keep MAGA enraged, and turn off the voters he needs to actually win.
Science Denier
AG
GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Well, he actually got over half of all votes, so yea. If he gets over half the votes and loses, isn't that obviously cheating?
GAC06
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

I'm only seeing Desantis people claim media manipulation now. Why is that?

Because Trump won? Wait until he gets trounced again by a democrat. Do you really need me to explain this to you?
bobbranco
AG
What are you going to do?

Vote for Trump or Biden, when that day arrives?
Rapier108
It is so cute that MAGA has to rush to defend the mainstream media, when a few hours ago, the media was one of their supposed top enemies.
TRM
AG
CNN and MSNBC were ecstatic Trump won.
GAC06
AG
I didn't claim Trump cheated. Try to keep up.
Rapier108
I do not vote for Democrats, period.

Trump has to earn my vote. I do not owe my vote to anyone including Trump. So far, he and his followers are doing their best to make me leave it blank.
bobbranco
AG
If blank then chalk the win up to Biden.

Science Denier
AG
GAC06 said:

I didn't claim Trump cheated. Try to keep up.

You said this
Quote:

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating

And if he had lost, he would have been correct. As over half the party supports him.

Try to keep up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.