***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,328 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least Other beat christie
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
TRM said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

GAC06 said:

You're trying to equivocate what Trump himself claimed (repeatedly) with what anonymous randos on the internet implied.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You're moving the goal posts. Just yesterday the "trump cult" was predicted to cry cheating if trump lost. Now TDs people are.

Cry uncle. I'm not letting you off the mat on this. Own it and let your trump sized ego go.

If Trump lost he would absolutely have claimed cheating like he always has. You're trying to compare that to some rando anonymous guy on the internet. It's pathetic.

I'm only seeing Desantis people claim media manipulation now. Why is that?
Sean Spicer, Jonah Goldberg, Nate Silver, etc. are not DeSantis people. Trump was winning, but this effected the margins and the delegate allocation.

Since you can't figure it out or are just being obtuse. The perception of the outcome is different if Trump has less than 50% support. The party is ready to move on from him rather than reanoint him. DeSantis reaching 25% makes him the clear alternative over Haley. We'd have a race with any consolidation taking place.

This is absolutely delusional but ok.
FireAg
AG
Gap said:

FireAg said:

Gap said:

Most all of Vivek's voters will go to DeSantis. If they wanted to vote for Trump, they already would have been doing so.
Simply no proof to back that up...especially when exit polling said that DeSantis was the most popular choice when voters were asked "who would you never vote for?"...
This is a discussion board. It was an opinion backed up by my 2nd sentence to support my opinion.

Can you link your proof breaking out how Vivek's 7% wouldn't vote for DeSantis?

I would love to see that data and not just because you are making that statement and claiming you have proof, but because I would find it very surprising.
The exit polling from the caucuses done by FoxNews said that, of the 4 candidates, DeSantis was the least likely to gain support from caucus goers of other candidates in last night's contest... Don't like it? Fine...take it up with FoxNews... I don't control what their data said...

So for the sake of argument, if that is a true representation of Iowans, it means that there's a decent chance that some blanket statement opinion saying Ramaswamy votes would go to a candidate who was the least favorable of the non-DeSantis voting bloc is proably inaccurate...
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
There are many republicans in 2020 that refused to vote for trump in hopes that their defiance would get new leadership on the ballot and get other republicans to vote for new blood in 24.

How's that working out for y'all? Has the Biden presidency been fun?
J. Walter Weatherman
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

There are many republicans in 2020 that refused to vote for trump in hopes that their defiance would get new leadership on the ballot and get other republicans to vote for new blood in 24.

Translation - my candidate turns off such a large portion of republicans by acting like an unserious clown that he lost to a vegetable. So what do we do in '24? How about we nominate him again! Brilliant.
FireAg
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Dumbass
With all due respect, DeSantis is likley going to finish 3rd in the next two...there is merit to what Haley said...

Yeah, DeSantis "won 2nd" in Iowa, but he's part of a group of candidates picking up Trump's scraps in Iowa after he curb-stomped the field...

3rd place finishes in NH and SC will doom his campaign...not because he doesn't want to stay in, but because funds will dry up to keep him going...
bobbranco
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

LOL. I will answer for them as they breathe through their nose free face.

Answer:
"I don't care, I took my doll, cried along the way as I stomped my feet back home."
YokelRidesAgain
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

The amount of Republicans who will leave president blank or vote third party will also hopefully be enough to purge Trump and trumpism from the party for good. It's a losing message in the long run.
What makes you think that Trump won't claim the election was stolen, again, and come right back in 2028? He can run for President until he is re-elected, or dies. And probably will.

Trump may not be able to beat Basement Joe Biden (for the record, I don't believe that: I think the election is roughly even odds), but I'm quite confident that he could beat Kamala Harris.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
bobbranco said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

LOL. I will answer for them as they breathe through their nose free face.

Answer:
"I don't care, I took my doll, cried along the way as I stomped my feet back home."
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

Gap said:

FireAg said:

Gap said:

Most all of Vivek's voters will go to DeSantis. If they wanted to vote for Trump, they already would have been doing so.
Simply no proof to back that up...especially when exit polling said that DeSantis was the most popular choice when voters were asked "who would you never vote for?"...
This is a discussion board. It was an opinion backed up by my 2nd sentence to support my opinion.

Can you link your proof breaking out how Vivek's 7% wouldn't vote for DeSantis?

I would love to see that data and not just because you are making that statement and claiming you have proof, but because I would find it very surprising.
The exit polling from the caucuses done by FoxNews said that, of the 4 candidates, DeSantis was the least likely to gain support from caucus goers of other candidates in last night's contest... Don't like it? Fine...take it up with FoxNews... I don't control what their data said...

So for the sake of argument, if that is a true representation of Iowans, it means that there's a decent chance that some blanket statement opinion saying Ramaswamy votes would go to a candidate who was the least favorable of the non-DeSantis voting bloc is proably inaccurate...
Sounds like Trump was very effective at demonizing conservatism to me. So let's put him at the front of the line, so we can get the Keynesian Big Government type, but with an R next to his name. That's way better than having the Keynesian Big Government guy with the D next to his name.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
My least favorite thing about Desantis are his cult followers that project their own insecurities on voters that don't mind or outright hate trump.
bobbranco
AG
Quite unfortunate. DeSantis was the best of the group.
LMCane
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Just answer the question. It's simple.

Is the goal to get Trump elected or is it to have Republicans take control of the white house?

And, BTW, I'm not a never trumper. Geez you people are overly sensitive
The goal is to get any Democrat/leftist out, by hook, crook or Trump if necessary.

If our first goal of getting DeSantis in fails, you have to go to the emergency plan of doing whatever it takes to get the Democrat out.

It really is that simple, unless your true colors are coming through.
LMCane
Who?mikejones!
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Republicans were hardly trumps problem on 2020.

Trump was Republicans problem in 2022.

Trumps 2016 win was by the narrowest of margins in a few select districts in a few important states

Same in 2020- Trump lost a few key districts in swing states. This election will swing on less than 200000 votes, we'll within the margin of undecided independent voters choosing biden over Trump pettiness.

I'm gonna ask you the same question I asked another earlier-

What is more important- Trump being elected or democrats losing the white house?
bobbranco
AG
Politicians will sling crap, mud, etc. It's expected and nothing to be proud about but I can look past all those shenanigans.
LMCane
northeastag
AG
dmart90 said:

Dan Scott said:

And this, boys and girls, is the problem with the primary system.
Kind of makes you wonder, once again, why Iowa is always the first state to vote.

Why are we letting a very small disinterested group of voters weed out national candidates?
Who?mikejones!
I'm right there with you and have been since biden won.

Only recently have I started to question voting for trump, and that is mostly because his supporters are insufferable and I don't believe trump is running for any reasons other than grift and it's his best chance of avoiding prison
FireAg
AG
TRM said:

CNN and MSNBC were ecstatic Trump won.

They were so ecstatic that they both refused to carry his speech? Ummm....
J. Walter Weatherman
YokelRidesAgain said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

The amount of Republicans who will leave president blank or vote third party will also hopefully be enough to purge Trump and trumpism from the party for good. It's a losing message in the long run.
What makes you think that Trump won't claim the election was stolen, again, and come right back in 2028? He can run for President until he is re-elected, or dies. And probably will.

Trump may not be able to beat Basement Joe Biden (for the record, I don't believe that: I think the election is roughly even odds), but I'm quite confident that he could beat Kamala Harris.

He and his followers will absolutely blame cheating again, because in his mind he's never lost an election without the other side cheating. Product of growing up with literally everything handed to you on a silver platter. The difference is time is undefeated and at the rate he's going there's no way he'll be in any condition to run again in 4 years.

And maybe this is giving them too much credit, but him losing the 4th election in a row for the GOP might finally give their leadership the balls to dump him and not worry about the mean tweets that come with that.
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm right there with you and have been since biden won.

Only recently have I started to question voting for trump, and that is mostly because his supporters are insufferable and I don't believe trump is running for any reasons other than grift and it's his best chance of avoiding prison
I'm afraid you've allowed yourself to be gaslighted. I won't be voting for Trump in the general, if he's the nominees, I'll be voting against the democrats candidate to try and stem the tide of Marxism. My foundation never cracks when it comes to that.
Who?mikejones!
I haven't been gaslighted, sir.

BigRobSA
FireAg said:

TRM said:

CNN and MSNBC were ecstatic Trump won.

They were so ecstatic that they both refused to carry his speech? Ummm....

Ecstatic he won, due to being easily beatable != wanting to hear his dumb ass talk.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Trump will just do executive orders that will be undone by the next guy.

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that Trump has zero leadership skill.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

They continuously find excuses to not do the right thing.
- democrats will say mean things about me
- I wasn't told to pass conservative bills
- democrats want to investigate the president for BS accusations
- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

Instead, after all this time, the GOP as a whole had no idea what to do.
Oh...the congress sucked too. But Trump needed to lead. And he didn't.
So is the GOP capable of governing? Or are they too preoccupied with bickering amongst each other?
Unfortunately, I think the split is 20/80...
ttu_85
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

How did Trumps screw ups in 2020 workout!!. He acted like a dear in the headlight as the Rats tried again to impeach him. He was indecisive regarding COVID, Though that one is somewhat understandable.

But worst of all, He did NOTHING for the conservative movement when GA had 2 senate run off races that would have greatly limited Bidens ability to totally screw over the country.

Trump, he was mad, took his ball and went home crying about this and that. Instead of doing everything he could to stop the rats in that senate Georgia runoff race. The self centered punk did nothing to encourage GA republicans to get out and vote in the run off. in-fact encouraged them to stay home. 'Cause he was cheated.'

I'll never forgive the loud-mouth all talk and no go, all about me, punk. He failed when he was needed most.
Ag with kids
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Sarge said:

So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

Haley got near 20% tonight. If 20% of the GOP does not vote Trump, the election is over.
Yeah...Haley voters are VERY unlikely to be pulled in by the Vote Trump or Else mantra.
LMCane
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

there are many republicans in 2024 that refuse to vote for Trump.

how's that going to work out for y'all?

we have been telling you this for three years and you refuse to listen.

but in November, you will realize it.

so the same people whining the hardest about Biden, are the same ones gift wrapping another 5 years of him in office.

and of course Trumper is simply wrong- Trump lost because he CAN NOT WIN INDEPENDENTS. Trump got 97% of the Republicans in 2020, AND STILL LOST to a dementia patient.

now in 2024, many fewer Republicans will vote again for Trump, he will do worse with democrats and not be able to make up for it with independents = larger loss than the last time he lost.

wait and see.

then we will get to hear your excuses why Trump lost (there is always "it was stolen!!")
Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

bobbranco said:

If blank then chalk the win up to Biden.
That accusation does not work on me, nor does guilt tripping, nor do all of the insults the other Trump supporters here throw out on a constant basis.

But keep it up; will make it easy as can be for me to leave it blank.

If Trump needs my vote to win Texas, then it means the Democrat will be winning 40+ states so it won't matter if I vote or not.
They keep trying to pass the blame for their bad decision onto others.

When they are told that many people won't vote Trump and then defiantly insist on making him the nominee, that is on THEM. It's not on the people who already told them they weren't voting Trump.

THEY had the choice to not choose an unelectable candidate.

But, they don't want to accept responsibility for a loss, so they want to push the blame elsewhere.

**** that.
LMCane
Ag with kids said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Sarge said:

So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

Haley got near 20% tonight. If 20% of the GOP does not vote Trump, the election is over.
Yeah...Haley voters are VERY unlikely to be pulled in by the Vote Trump or Else mantra.
LOL!

If 0% of the GOP does not vote Trump, the election is over.

it is a FACT that Trump in 2020 won a percentage as many Republican votes as Biden won democrat party votes
TexAgs91
AG
BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Trump will just do executive orders that will be undone by the next guy.

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that Trump has zero leadership skill.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

They continuously find excuses to not do the right thing.
- democrats will say mean things about me
- I wasn't told to pass conservative bills
- democrats want to investigate the president for BS accusations
- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

Instead, after all this time, the GOP as a whole had no idea what to do.
Oh...the congress sucked too. But Trump needed to lead. And he didn't.
So is the GOP capable of governing? Or are they too preoccupied with bickering amongst each other?

Yes. With a leader leading. That means not with Trump. He has no leadership skills.
Again, they had a leader: Paul Ryan in the House and Mitch McConnel in the Senate. Both sucked at their jobs. Looks like it's more bickering amongst the party. Isn't that right BigRobSA?
dmart90
AG
northeastag said:

dmart90 said:

Dan Scott said:

And this, boys and girls, is the problem with the primary system.
Kind of makes you wonder, once again, why Iowa is always the first state to vote.

Why are we letting a very small disinterested group of voters weed out national candidates?
I don't think the state matters. Primary voter turnout generally sucks. But I'm not sure how we fix it...
bobbranco
AG
Iowa rarely picks the nominee.

Don't panic.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LMCane said:

We'll see what his donors have to say about that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.