***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,316 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Sq 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please star your prediction

Trump get over 60% of the delegates
Sq 17
Trump gets between 50-60
Sq 17
Trump wins and get less than 50%
Sq 17
DeSantis pulls the massive upset and gets over 50%
Sq 17
DeSantis pulls the upset and get more delegates than Trump but less than 50%
Sq 17
Texags knows stuff
JohnLA762
AG
OP is looking for a blue star boost.
ttu_85
I'll go with way too many people buying an 80 year old man's snake oil. Unfortunately. We will throw away the best chance to elect the most effective candidate since 1984. All over feels.
Sq 17
Yes with a few hundred stars I might break into the top 2000

You have figured out my master plan
12thMan9
AG
Sq 17 said:

Texags knows stuff
But, apparently, you don't.
Ronnie '88
File5
AG
Trump 57
Desantis 17
Vivek 16
Haley 10
shiftyandquick
Prediction: Trump will claim fraud
C@LAg
how can i call it unless you give us the phone number?
Who?mikejones!
I honestly don't care anymore.

If Republicans can't see the homerun that is desantis in front of them and instead choose some geriatric charlatan then the race is already over. Biden wins.
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I honestly don't care anymore.

If Republicans can't see the homerun that is desantis in front of them and instead choose some geriatric charlatan then the race is already over. Biden wins.
The race is over regardless who is the republican nominee, but keep up your TDS reeeeeing.
Who?mikejones!
I dont have tds. I will vote for him should he win the primary.

It's just a damn shame we are going to have to choose between two octogenarian fruads who care infinitely more of themselves than this country's future. Especially when there's a candidate with real tangible results of conservative leadership.
Sq 17
Biden was the nominee to prevent the Bernie Bros from winning a crowded field
Trump wil likely be the nominee again because it will never be a Trump not trump binary choice
Who?mikejones!
Thanks swamp Haley supporters
J. Walter Weatherman
Sq 17 said:

Biden was the nominee to prevent the Bernie Bros from winning a crowded field
Trump wil likely be the nominee again because it will never be a Trump not trump binary choice

Yep, dems were smart enough to clear the field so that Bernie couldn't sneak in with a plurality like Trump did in '16. Republicans apparently are not.
Sq 17
Agthatbuilds said:

Thanks swamp Haley supporters

Not sure I'd blame the swamp

Haley is running with Trump's blessing because Trump wants a crowded field and Haley thinks helping Trump win the nomination is good for her political future
Who?mikejones!
Trump sure doesn't mind it. But, Haley is no doubt a creature of the swamp and has tons of backing from the neo con sorts.

She'd be there regardless of trumps desires
ntxVol
Trump 45%
DeSantis 42%
Sq 17
Haley is definitely a Neo-Con Washington Bushie in mold of Rumsfeld and 43

Trump wanted her in because she attracts the soft not trump vote and Trump wants a crowded field

If Trukp saw her as threat he would have told her don't run and she would not have entered the race Haley Is very interested In staying on Trumps good side
Iowafarmkid
Living here, it'll be interesting to see how the weather impacts turn out. In southern Iowa, we've received 20 inches of snow this week and the wind blew 50 mph last night making almost every road impassable this morning. It'll take a few days to dig out of this. Actual temperatures are suppose to be 20 below with windchills 40 to 50 below. Monday nights actual low is forecast to be 15 below and breezy. Guessing whoever has the most enthusiastic supporters has a better chance at winning this thing
Who?mikejones!
Guess I missed the memo of trumps invitation
aggie93
AG
No clue but I will say that if it is within 10 points or so then anyone who called for this race to be over or that we should just accept Trump either should apologize or never be treated seriously again.

We vote in this country for our leaders. Polls don't determine them. I find it particularly disgusting that many of those who have screamed about what happened in the 2020 election and how Trump was treated by the media are the loudest voices encouraging this primary to be devoid of a real debate with Trump and that everyone needs to get on board with Trump before a single vote is cast. If you think you can unite people by forcing them to accept someone they don't feel won fairly and we didn't allow his opponents an equal opportunity to fight don't cry when it happens again. You don't care about fairness or transparency, you just care when it impacts the guy you support.

I have no clue what the result will be, never been more unsure actually. The weather makes it even crazier. If nothing else there are thousands of people on all sides that have are out there braving the conditions to campaign for their candidate right now, most of which are doing it at their own expense. They deserve the respect of letting the process play out.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Iowans traditionally reward candidates who vigorously campaign in all corners of the Hawkeye State, but former President Donald Trump is poised to break the mold if he wins Monday's caucuses by showing up the least.

Until now, the magic of Iowa has been a relatively unknown candidate could launch a national presidential bid by charming individual voters through dozens of stops at local Pizza Ranch restaurants and community spots. Legwork would pay off in Iowa, and the 2024 candidates are testing whether that theory still holds.
Quote:

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has gone all in on Iowa, aggressively campaigning across all corners of the state, completing his "Full Grassley" last month, a reference to Sen. Chuck Grassley's (R-IA) tradition of visiting with voters in all 99 counties in the state.

"Our view is to do it the way that people who have done well in Iowa have done rather than do it the way the media thinks," DeSantis said, addressing the Associated Contractors of America Conference in Des Moines on Wednesday. "I think that's the way you get to actually meet people, answer questions, we did all 99 counties."
Quote:

Entrepreneur and political newcomer Vivek Ramaswamy completed a "Double Grassley," visiting all 99 Iowa counties at least twice, but has only registered single digits in the polls for his grueling schedule.
Quote:

Eric Branstad, an Iowa Republican operative, said the typical Iowa rules just don't apply to Trump, a former president with virtually 100% name recognition.

"The full Grassley absolutely matters but not really for Trump. He's got the momentum, he's got the organization, he has better data than anyone ever had," Branstad explained.
LINK
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

But much has changed in eight years. Trump may be the same Trump in many ways, but he's a much different candidate coming in. The Iowa surprise for Cruz ultimately meant little. Trump went on to claim the GOP nomination, win the presidency, and become the subject of the left's unrelenting loathing. He's battle-tested, with arguably more political scars than any presidential candidate in the republic's history.

Moreover, the Trump ground game in Iowa is significantly improved, more nimble, and much better organized than it was during his first presidential run. It's so good, in fact, Trump can't even seem to believe it.

"I was with the president all last week and he asked me that exact question [about whether the ground game has improved since 2016], and I told him it's the difference between night and day," said Iowa state Sen. Brad Zaun, a Des Moines-area Republican who was the first state elected official to endorse Trump in 2016 and again this year.
Quote:

The campaign's suburban Des Moines headquarters has been hopping for months, with an army of volunteers working extended shifts seven days a week. There's a greater emphasis on data, and an almost manic drive to connect with grassroots conservatives in every corner of the kick-off caucus state.
Quote:

Trump caucus captains are charged with turning out the voters. They're given a list of Iowans that have shown support, or even a passing interest, in the former president. Humeston said his list is six pages long. He and his fellow volunteers place plenty of calls in the evenings.

At the headquarters, it's a little like the Frank Capra Christmas classic, "It's a Wonderful Life": Instead of angels getting their wings, Trump volunteers ring a call bell every time an Iowa voter commits to caucusing for the frontrunner.

"Caucus captains have to find 10 new ones to bring to the caucus," Humeston said. "It gives everyone more of a goal."
Don't blame me, just the messenger here.

LINK
BigRobSA
LoL

Trumps game is so much better he had to blanket text for captains.

LOL!
Who?mikejones!
Is the f16 posters who's name I can't recall working the ground again for Trump.

Haven't seen him post here since the Kari lake debacle
aggiehawg
AG
IDK.

That was the first time I had seen an article specifically about Trump's Iowa ground game, so I posted it.

No idea how accurate it is. Don Jr. has been mostly working on it, according to the article.
BigRobSA
aggiehawg said:

IDK.

That was the first time I had seen an article specifically about Trump's Iowa ground game, so I posted it.

No idea how accurate it is. Don Jr. has been mostly working on it, according to the article.

Hawg,

A good ground game doesn't have to resort to texting, en masse, begging for caucus Captains a la Jeb! levels of energy.
AgResearch
AG
Iowafarmkid said:

Living here, it'll be interesting to see how the weather impacts turn out. In southern Iowa, we've received 20 inches of snow this week and the wind blew 50 mph last night making almost every road impassable this morning. It'll take a few days to dig out of this. Actual temperatures are suppose to be 20 below with windchills 40 to 50 below. Monday nights actual low is forecast to be 15 below and breezy. Guessing whoever has the most enthusiastic supporters has a better chance at winning this thing

Yeah it's a mess. Our county pulled plows off the roads at 1pm yesterday. This morning they could only run until 10am before getting pulled off again. Abandoned vehicles in the 4+ ft tall snow drifts isn't helping one bit. I don't think I could make it to town before Tuesday at this point.
aggiehawg
AG
AgResearch said:

Iowafarmkid said:

Yeah it's a mess. Our county pulled plows off the roads at 1pm yesterday. This morning they could only run until 10am before getting pulled off again. Abandoned vehicles in the 4+ ft tall snow drifts isn't helping one bit. I don't think I could make it to town before Tuesday at this point.
Can caucus sites be changed last minute due to weather?
Dan Scott
AG
Vivek and DeSantis will surprise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.