***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,314 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jack Boyette said:

Pookers said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Trump will just do executive orders that will be undone by the next guy.

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that Trump has zero leadership skill.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.
The GOP is the party of managed decline. They have zero interest in doing anything to fix any of our nation's issues.

No, Republicans just don't believe that government solves very many problems. It causes them.

This is not what the GOPe politicians believe at all.
Jack Boyette
Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

shack009 said:

Foreverconservative said:

Haley spent $37 million
DeSantis spent $35 million
All others spent $33 million
Trump spent $18.5 million

Trump won all 99 counties

Haley won't win her home state
Desantis won't win Florida

Trump spent a lot more than that. It just all went to attorneys.

Why is it funny that a major political party is trying to interfere with the will of the people with bull**** political prosecutions?
It's funny because Trump supporters are paying a billionaire's legal bills?

Once again, that doesn't take away from the point that they shouldn't have to consider the option. Pretty pathetic, those democrats. Weird that you'd be amused by it. Perhaps you just don't appreciate the slope you're on.
aggie93
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yeah, so got no sympathy for Trump not getting enough favorable coverage. He made his deal with the media he can live with it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Jack Boyette
shack009 said:

Jack Boyette said:

Pookers said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.

Didn't help that the entire GOP congress didn't either. Maybe Republicans can't govern.

It's not on them, it's on the PotUS to lead his party in Congress. Trump doesn't have it. Nor do many in Congress, either, but it's not on them.

Yes it is. It's the first GOP congress we had in 40 years. You don't just squander that opportunity. When they got control they had no idea what to do with it.
The GOP is the party of managed decline. They have zero interest in doing anything to fix any of our nation's issues.

No, Republicans just don't believe that government solves very many problems. It causes them.

Much moreso than democrats.
BigRobSA
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do

That's what happens without a leader at the helm. Trump lacks leadership skill. Biden does, too, thankfully.
Pookers
AG
BigD_03 said:

Pookers said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

And you think the open border Democrats do? They had a super majority and did NONE of the things they campaign and complain about. Why do you think that is?

The GOP and the Democrats are on the same team, which is why NOTHING ever gets passed that limits the government.
aggie93
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

aggie93 said:

No clue but I will say that if it is within 10 points or so then anyone who called for this race to be over or that we should just accept Trump either should apologize or never be treated seriously again.

We vote in this country for our leaders. Polls don't determine them. I find it particularly disgusting that many of those who have screamed about what happened in the 2020 election and how Trump was treated by the media are the loudest voices encouraging this primary to be devoid of a real debate with Trump and that everyone needs to get on board with Trump before a single vote is cast. If you think you can unite people by forcing them to accept someone they don't feel won fairly and we didn't allow his opponents an equal opportunity to fight don't cry when it happens again. You don't care about fairness or transparency, you just care when it impacts the guy you support.

I have no clue what the result will be, never been more unsure actually. The weather makes it even crazier. If nothing else there are thousands of people on all sides that have are out there braving the conditions to campaign for their candidate right now, most of which are doing it at their own expense. They deserve the respect of letting the process play out.

Ok now what? Transparency says trump won a landslide.

Not just his typical following but lots of people that refused to vote for him last go round.

I think Desantis crazies need to settle down after tonight. (I am a Desantis fan but have held that trump would win the primary).
I see you haven't read my multiple posts tonight but please do keep up with the namecalling and calling me the "crazy" one.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Jack Boyette
aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yeah, so got no sympathy for Trump not getting enough favorable coverage. He made his deal with the media he can live with it.

The media has twisted his words since he got off that elevator. Interesting you'd blame him.
Ag with kids
AG
Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

shack009 said:

Foreverconservative said:

Haley spent $37 million
DeSantis spent $35 million
All others spent $33 million
Trump spent $18.5 million

Trump won all 99 counties

Haley won't win her home state
Desantis won't win Florida

Trump spent a lot more than that. It just all went to attorneys.

Why is it funny that a major political party is trying to interfere with the will of the people with bull**** political prosecutions?
It's funny because Trump supporters are paying a billionaire's legal bills?

Once again, that doesn't take away from the point that they shouldn't have to consider the option. Pretty pathetic, those democrats. Weird that you'd be amused by it. Perhaps you just don't appreciate the slope you're on.
I agree that Trump shouldn't be going through all this legal *****

I also think it's funny when blind loyalists pay for his bills. I'm not amused by the legal stuff. I'm amused at how easily people are fooled.
shack009
AG
Jack Boyette said:

shack009 said:

Jack Boyette said:

Pookers said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Democrats are driving this country off the cliff at 80 MPH and the republicans just want to drive the speed limit. - Michael Malice
Bearpitbull
Ag with kids said:

Agthatbuilds said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Oh no, whatever will he do?
The Trump strategy that he doesn't need your vote is an interesting one. It's like you are doing all you can to push people away because you like to smack talk. Cool.
This person, like many of the DeSantis fanboys on here, were never voting for the republican candidate. Hth.

What sort of bull**** attitude is this? What's your angle? I'm seriously asking to what advantage you think ****ting on supporters of Republicans not named Trump gets you. And by you, I mean maga people in general.

If I choose not to vote for Trump in the general, its likely because his synchopats have driven me away.
Trump supporters don't care how many people they have to step on or kick out of the way. There is only one goal - vote Trump.

If it hurts Trump later because they pushed people away, they'll just blame those people. It can't be their fault or Trump's fault.

What? You are saying that Trump folks blame everyone else everytime he loses? Shocking.
P.H. Dexippus
AG

Dumbass
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

That's when the defacto party leader, the PotUS, should step in and lead. Trump doesn't have leadership skills.

No, the problem was they let themselves be duped by Hillary's fake Russia propaganda. You don't just squander their once in 40 year control of Congress.

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

They continuously find excuses to not do the right thing.
- democrats will say mean things about me
- I wasn't told to pass conservative bills
- democrats want to investigate the president for BS accusations
- mean tweets!
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

FIFY, we're talking about how republicans squandered their control of congress. Not just 1 guy, but the GOP in general.

Good question. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.
Ag with kids
AG
Bearpitbull said:

Ag with kids said:

Agthatbuilds said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Oh no, whatever will he do?
The Trump strategy that he doesn't need your vote is an interesting one. It's like you are doing all you can to push people away because you like to smack talk. Cool.
This person, like many of the DeSantis fanboys on here, were never voting for the republican candidate. Hth.

What sort of bull**** attitude is this? What's your angle? I'm seriously asking to what advantage you think ****ting on supporters of Republicans not named Trump gets you. And by you, I mean maga people in general.

If I choose not to vote for Trump in the general, its likely because his synchopats have driven me away.
Trump supporters don't care how many people they have to step on or kick out of the way. There is only one goal - vote Trump.

If it hurts Trump later because they pushed people away, they'll just blame those people. It can't be their fault or Trump's fault.

What? You are saying that Trump folks blame everyone else everytime he loses? Shocking.
I know right? He has so much humility, it's surprising.
aggie93
AG
Jack Boyette said:

aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

The media has twisted his words since he got off that elevator. Interesting you'd blame him.
Lol, Trump has done plenty of his own twisting. I have zero love for the media and my point is that Trump tried to manipulate them because he thought they would help him go after DeSantis and give him cover. Hell they called the Caucus tonight for him before people voted.

Press helps him here and hurts him there, they have never been on his side and never will be. They are happy to use him though. Once they think Trump is the nominee the fun really starts.

Ronald Reagan
Tea Party
aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

After everything the media has done to divide this country and carry water for the governments corruption, you sure do have a strange take supporting their side against the person who called them out….
shack009
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

Is there something fundamentally wrong with the GOP that they are unable to lead?

Feature v bug
TexAgs91
AG
BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do

That's what happens without a leader at the helm. Trump lacks leadership skill. Biden does, too, thankfully.

They had a "leader". Paul Ryan. He, like all never Trumpers are completely blinded by their hatred of Trump. That's why they spent 18 months wasting time with Russia collusion BS.

And I noticed how it doesn't seem to bother you.
TexAgs91
AG
shack009 said:

Jack Boyette said:

shack009 said:

Jack Boyette said:

Pookers said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

Democrats are driving this country off the cliff at 80 MPH and the republicans just want to drive the speed limit. - Michael Malice
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!
Well, the head of the party is generally the one to do the leading. Trump was the head of the GOP. Trump failed to lead.

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

Instead, after all this time, the GOP as a whole had no idea what to do.
Old Sarge
AG
So, here we are. Trump wins Iowa. Likely the rest.

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.
"Green" is the new RED.
TAMUallen
AG
I love all the liberals, concerned moderates and pretend conservatives having to accept that all their crusades against Trump have had zero results!
Ag with kids
AG
Tea Party said:

aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

After everything the media has done to divide this country and carry water for the governments corruption, you sure do have a strange take supporting their side against the person who called them out….
Saying what Trump got what he deserved does not mean he is "supporting their side"...

hth
Ag with kids
AG
TAMUallen said:

I love all the liberals, concerned moderates and pretend conservatives having to accept that all their crusades against Trump have had zero results!
Thank you for supporting Biden in the general.

Because that's what a vote for Trump in the primary is.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!

Thank goodness they had a speaker of the house and a senate majority leader to to pick up the slack and not blow the one opportunity they had to pass everything they've wanted to pass for the last 40 years.

Oh...the congress sucked too. But Trump needed to lead. And he didn't.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!

Oh...the congress sucked too. But Trump needed to lead. And he didn't.
So is the GOP capable of governing? Or are they too preoccupied with bickering amongst each other?
BoydCrowder13
Old Sarge said:

So, again, the question will be asked. Will those that "say" they are Republicans, "say" they are conservatives....vote for the Republican nominee instead of voting Biden (or DemocRat if they pull shenanigans), or just sit out, which is a vote for the DemocRats?

Haley is backed by DemocRats which says enough about her. Desantis looks to be second to Trump in the long run for the nomination. The Trump supporters I know would vote for DeSantis if he were to win (longshot, minimum).

But will the DeSantis backers vote Trump when the chips fall? Haley supporters are GOPe, so I know better than ask that.

Haley got near 20% tonight. If 20% of the GOP does not vote Trump, the election is over.
Tea Party
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!

Trump was not the head of the GOP. The GOP is the submissive half of the uniparty, but Trump just happened to take the GOP by surprise during the primary election out of the 17 candidates.

Thus it is illogical to blame the outsider for not leading the GOP well.

We still face the same problem today with both Trump or DeSantis however the DeSantis camp believes DeSantis can somehow make the submissive half of the uniparty create lasting conservative change across purple America against the unipartys will, just because he did it in red Florida. Insanity by definition.
Pizza
Lol this turned into one giant TDS group therapy session, because a few people didn't get their way.

This is 'the other zoo.'
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
BoydCrowder13
Tea Party said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

Frok said:

InB4 yes you do
Then why did Congress?

- mean tweets!

Trump was not the head of the GOP. The GOP is the submissive half of the uniparty, but Trump just happened to take the GOP by surprise during the primary election out of the 17 candidates.

Thus it is illogical to blame the outsider for not leading the GOP well.

We still face the same problem today with both Trump or DeSantis however the DeSantis camp believes DeSantis can somehow make the submissive half of the uniparty create lasting conservative change across purple America against the unipartys will, just because he did it in red Florida. Insanity by definition.

Florida was a swing state until 4 years ago. DeSantis has a track record of knowing how to effectively navigate and utilize the government web.

Trump's big pitch in 2016 was that he was an outsider. Then when he was elected, he put together a poor group of advisors and was unable to unite the party. And when that is called out, his supporters say "well he is an outsider. You can't expect him to know how to do that".

That sure makes the outsider label seem like a worthless characteristic. "Our candidate is an outsider. Such an outsider that he won't understand how to work the system at all. And he'll be hoodwinked into hiring the swamp". What a selling point.
Tea Party
Ag with kids said:

Tea Party said:

aggie93 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Saying what Trump got what he deserved does not mean he is "supporting their side"...

hth

First they came for…. but I didn't speak up.
Then they came for…. but I didn't speak up.
Then they came for me, but no one was left.

All evil needs to triumph is for good people to do nothing. There are plenty more means of showing his position was in poor taste…

Yes, by being silent or "having no sympathy" for the person taking a stand to do what's right is enough for evil to prevail.
Gap
AG
FireAg said:

Gap said:

Most all of Vivek's voters will go to DeSantis. If they wanted to vote for Trump, they already would have been doing so.
Simply no proof to back that up...especially when exit polling said that DeSantis was the most popular choice when voters were asked "who would you never vote for?"...
This is a discussion board. It was an opinion backed up by my 2nd sentence to support my opinion.

Can you link your proof breaking out how Vivek's 7% wouldn't vote for DeSantis?

I would love to see that data and not just because you are making that statement and claiming you have proof, but because I would find it very surprising.
Dark_Knight
AG
Yall need to get over the TDS, vote Trump if he wins the primary. Put the ego away.
Dark_Knight
AG
Old Sarge said:

My bet is plenty of these DeSantis supporters just don't show upp. TDS is far too strong and emotion for these cowards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.