***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,290 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
justcallmeharry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
AP has called it for Trump. Bigly.

https://apnews.com/live/iowa-republican-caucuses-live-updates

"Donald Trump wins. AP race call at 7:31 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2024.

The Associated Press declared Trump the winner of the Iowa caucuses based on an analysis of early returns as well as results of AP VoteCast, a survey of voters who planned to caucus on Monday night. Both showed Trump with an insurmountable lead.

Initial results from eight counties showed Trump with far more than half of the total votes counted as of 8:31 pm. ET, with the rest of the field trailing far behind. These counties include rural areas that are demographically and politically similar to a large number of counties that have yet to report.
Rapier108
Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.
And why do you think the vote will mobilize for Trump?

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

TRM said:

This is the biggest issue. State GOP parties going broke. RNC is barely above water. We don't have the infrastructure to GOTV and challenge Dem policies. It is going to suck
And most of the money will go to Trump's legal bills.
Yep. MAGA will get grifted to pay for the billionaire's bills and actually LIKE it.

Rich people don't get and stay rich by spending their OWN money after all.
J. Walter Weatherman
Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

This is the biggest issue. State GOP parties going broke. RNC is barely above water. We don't have the infrastructure to GOTV and challenge Dem policies. It is going to suck
MAGA doesn't care. They literally ONLY care about voting for Trump.

Looks like MAGA is more successful than your boy.

So successful maga has lost three elections in a row. Congrats I guess.
Aggies2009
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

Winning this one against your boy.
Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Apparently some think that if desantis was to win the nomination he would magically be strong enough to beat biden. If trump cant win against biden(i personally believe 2020 was illegitimate), desantis doesn't have a prayer. How can you believe the vote would mobilize for desantis if trump couldnt beat biden? It makes no sense.

Yes, he'll get his base, but that is at most 25% of the electorate. He has no path to win another 25%, especially in the states that will decide the election.
But he'll win the MAGA vote. And THAT is what is really important. Scoreboard!
BoydCrowder13
Old_Ag_91 said:

Republicans will vote Republican. DeSantis doesn't drive nearly the hate vote that Trump does. We are unlikely to ever see a politician as hated as Trump again. Part of that is the media and part is because Trump enjoys the hate and is grating on purpose.

If DeSantis only gets 90% of Trump's support but lowers the hate vote by 20%, he would easily win.
Ag with kids
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

Congrats on voting for Biden, I guess?
Wes97
AG
The poor texags Cruz/DeSantis board once again shows that it completely has its finger on the pulse of the average conservative voter.
Rapier108
Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Notice the post above yours.

That is all they care about. They think they scored some major victory and it erases the MAGA loses in 2018, 2020, and 2022.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Wes97 said:

The poor texags Cruz/DeSantis board once again shows that it completely has its finger on the pulse of the average conservative voter.
Anyone voting for Trump isn't conservative.
J. Walter Weatherman
Aggies2009 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

I know Trumpers are new to this, but the goal is to win the general, which he will lose (again). But we know you don't care since you at least got to vote for Dear Leader one more time.
No Spin Ag
Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

Yep, when you've got the maga vote you're bound to win the general. Well, as long as you don't count 2020.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Old_Ag_91
AG
I guess they thinks independents/dems/libs will magically vote for desantis.

Its laughable but whatever.
J. Walter Weatherman
Old_Ag_91 said:

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.
Dan Scott
AG
Vivek and DeSantis earned my vote. If they go, Trump has work to do on me.
Iowafarmkid
https://ibb.co/7kGDsBx
https://ibb.co/BfKrjWV
https://ibb.co/H7nRPD0

Sitting here in the parking lot because I'm parked in and waiting for people to leave now. Was getting texts from out of state friends saying Fox had called it for trump and we literally hadn't voted yet. I'm honestly not surprised when you saw the amount of trump hats in the room, just thought it was odd to have the race called before I'm sure a lot of rural votes had even taken place. I know they still haven't been counted yet for our county and called in
FireAg
AG
Starting to sound like Trump might be doing even better than polling averages suggested…that would actually shock me, but it is what it is…
Who?mikejones!

Aggies2009 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Ag with kids said:

TRM said:

I know Trumpers are new to this, but the goal is to win the general, which he will lose (again). But we know you don't care since you at least got to vote for Dear Leader one more time.

Trumpers are unable to see the main goal, which is to remove democrats from the presidency.

He'll, Trump might cost us the senate too. That's how much he drives democrats to vote
Wes97
AG
I assume you are voting for DeSantis? You realize the policy differences between those 2 are pretty darn small, right?

Are maybe you are full blown neocon voting for Haley. In which case… oh Nevermind
one safe place
Rapier108 said:

And yes Trumpers, Biden did get pretty much 81 million. Any fraud was very specific and limited to a handful of states and counties. Take away those votes, Biden would still have over 80 million.
Very telling.
Tergdor
AG
Wes97 said:

MAGA isn't conservative. It's populist.
Grapesoda2525
dmart90
AG
Trump won in '16 for one reason and one reason only. He was running against Hilldawg - the MOST divisive candidate ever. Biden barely has a pulse and will still win head to head with Trump. Again.
one safe place
Rapier108 said:

They would rather hand the country over to the Democrats forever than vote for anyone other than Trump.
And some would rather hand the country over to the Democrats forever than vote for Trump. Quite a few on here if they are to be believed.
Rapier108
Wes97 said:

I assume you are voting for DeSantis? You realize the policy differences between those 2 are pretty darn small, right?

Are maybe you are full blown neocon voting for Haley. In which case… oh Nevermind
Of course, you had to toss in ad hominem instead of just asking a question. What is it with you MAGA types being incapable of any level of decorum? Oh yeah, I forgot for a second who you follow.

And DeSantis is far more conservative than Trump. He is what MAGA thinks Trump is.
shack009
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

Short term memory loss is a real b…
Rockdoc
AG
Rapier108 said:

Wes97 said:

Anyone voting for Trump isn't conservative.

The primary or the general? And your choice will be….
Who?mikejones!
one safe place said:

Rapier108 said:

They would rather hand the country over to the Democrats forever than vote for anyone other than Trump.
And some would rather hand the country over to the Democrats forever than vote for Trump. Quite a few on here if they are to be believed.

One in the same. Trump doesn't stop the democrats from doing anything.

45-70Ag
AG
JobSecurity
AG
So weird. I don't know anyone who actually wants to vote for trump. Or biden for that matter
Dan Scott
AG
They need to change the way Iowa does Caucuses. The official vote shouldn't be released until all voting is completed in the state.
Old_Ag_91
AG
I dont see desantis or any other republican winning against biden(dems will cheat against whoever it is regardless of the name to win). Trump has a slim chance because of major republican turnout (including votes from independent/democratic blacks and hispanics). Desantis might as well be a guaranteed loss.
oysterbayAG
AG
The economy, the border, the wars and Joe Biden's weakness and poor health will hopefully drive people to vote for Trump. Not as overwhelming as in 1980 for Reagan, but enough to win !
Rapier108
one safe place said:

Rapier108 said:

And yes Trumpers, Biden did get pretty much 81 million. Any fraud was very specific and limited to a handful of states and counties. Take away those votes, Biden would still have over 80 million.
Very telling.
There was massive turnout in heavily Democrat states in 2020, far exceeding what has been seen before. Take out those "excess" votes from New York, Illinois, California, New Jersey, most of the rest of New England, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado, and Trump wins the popular vote. Even in states Trump carried, Democrats did far better in their strongholds such as Austin, Houston, Dallas, etc.

Trump is the biggest turnout machine Democrats have.

And sorry, I have never believed in Dominion, The Kraken, and Smartmatic. 20-30+ million votes were not switched from Biden to Trump. That was a fools errand from day 1. The fraud was focuses on 5-7 states with 1-3 counties in each state using ballot harvesting, mail in fraud, and probably some old school fraud thrown in.

If Trump hadn't made those states close by increasing Democrat turnout, the fraud wouldn't have mattered.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.