***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,333 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willtackleforfood
AG

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Oh no, whatever will he do?
Rapier108
Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???
He did the job Trump put him there to do.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Who?mikejones!
AgResearch said:

Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???

LOL. Still higher than he deserves but 4th place and <8% right now

Should Trump win, I'd totally be on board for vivek to be press secretary or un delegate or something like that
Waffledynamics
AG
willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

With enough people that feel like I do, he'll lose.
AggieVictor10
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

FoxNews now reporting that 53% of first time caucus goers voted Trump, 23% Haley, and 11% DeSantis…

That 99 county, 3-million knocked on doors had a very poor ROI…

The grassroots effort just isn't the way to get it done anymore…
Trump has always done this. There has never been a candidate who brings in people both for and against him who dont usually participate in politics like Trump. I believe the for outweighs the against when compared to the usual GOP baseline in important electoral states.

He gets the "for" in the primary, then gets the "against" in the general. Which is why we took losses from 2018-2023, and will lose again in 2024.

Then blame the candidates who fail to win over voters…

DeSantis did plenty to win over voters over the course of several years as the best governor in the country and most consistent victor over the left. It's not my or his fault that people don't care about policy wins or winning general elections.

This type of condescension is a big reason hillary and the dems lost 2016. People get tired of it.
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

FoxNews now reporting that 53% of first time caucus goers voted Trump, 23% Haley, and 11% DeSantis…

Trump has always done this. There has never been a candidate who brings in people both for and against him who dont usually participate in politics like Trump. I believe the for outweighs the against when compared to the usual GOP baseline in important electoral states.

He gets the "for" in the primary, then gets the "against" in the general. Which is why we took losses from 2018-2023, and will lose again in 2024.

DeSantis did plenty to win over voters over the course of several years as the best governor in the country and most consistent victor over the left. It's not my or his fault that people don't care about policy wins or winning general elections.

No, he didn't…maybe in your biased opinion he did, but many of yall have been wish-casting this thing from day 1 when the empirical evidence clearly showed DeSantis wasn't hitting home with voters…

The evidence that he needed to make drastic changes has been there from the beginning, but he, and many of y'all, ignored it, and called those of us pointing to what was actually going on "fools" or "Trumpers"…

Y'all had your heads in the sand as to what was actually going on…

You continue to operate under the false belief that Trump supporters could be peeled off. There is nothing DeSantis could do to change a Trump supporter to DeSantis.

I will admit I underestimated the number of people who have been fooled by Trump.
Who?mikejones!
Rapier108 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???

I think it was today where someone told me Haley is only there because Trump gave his blessing and wants her there to split the vote.
Rapier108
Agthatbuilds said:

AgResearch said:

Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???

LOL. Still higher than he deserves but 4th place and <8% right now

Should Trump win, I'd totally be on board for vivek to be press secretary or un delegate or something like that
Press Secretary is already promised to Loony Loomer.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RGLAG85
AG
shack009 said:

RGLAG85 said:

willtackleforfood said:

You're in the minority, again.

They, DeSantis fanboys, have to say this so they can continue to attack from the left.

Notice I didn't say DeSantis supporters, there a difference on this board.

Holy projection. I'd be surprised if you can find one issue Trump is to the right of DeSantis on.
Israel?

How many "conservative" president talked a big game about moving the embassy? Trump did.

Keeping us out of wars and being the world's police?

And I'm a DeSantis supporter. I just don't need to lie to justify my existence. That's very leftist, don't you think?
Rapier108
Agthatbuilds said:

Rapier108 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???

I think it was today where someone told me Haley is only there because Trump gave his blessing and wants her there to split the vote.
If he picks her to be VP, then that would be 100% true.
jja79
AG
oysterbayAG said:

The economy, the border, the wars and Joe Biden's weakness and poor health will hopefully drive people to vote for Trump. Not as overwhelming as in 1980 for Reagan, but enough to win !

It won't. Democrats keep the WH and Senate and win the House. The actual vote no longer matters in my opinion. They have control of the media and the electorate is increasingly morons.
MemphisAg1
AG
FireAg said:

MemphisAg1 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

Meaning Trump essentially everywhere since 2016, except the R primary where he reigns supreme. King of a castle that can't win the war.

Think so? Guess we'll see in 2024…

Seems to me like there may very well be a groundswell of support coming for Trump if for no other reason than a lot of folks believe 2020 was stolen…

That's seems to be the sentiment coming out of Iowa…
Well, he didn't last time. And he seemed to be an anchor around the neck of candidates in 2022 (Walker, Oz, Lake, etc). The Dems are salivating to run against Trump again, and the media has been complicit.

People have moved on from the 2020 election except the diehard Trumpers.

Biden is such an awful candidate and could be easily beaten with any one of DeSantis, Haley, or Vivek. Trump is the only one who can lose due to his baggage.

We'll see. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but would be shocked to see it.
No Spin Ag
Rapier108 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

How'd vivek do???

The more people in the race the smaller amount of votes the ones (DeSantis and Haley) who have a real chance of doing well will get.

One on one Trump will struggle because non maga voters actually outnumber maga.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Who?mikejones!
There's been many threads over the last year about Trump supporters voting for someone other than Trump in the general and very few said they would vote for whatever R was in the general.

I think it's why Haley is doing so well. She the only option that's presented significantly different than Trump

Vivek is Trump Jr. DeSantis, while an actually conservative with a real record, is still seen as Trump Jr.

Why vote for the imitation when the real thing is an option?
aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

The Trump strategy that he doesn't need your vote is an interesting one. It's like you are doing all you can to push people away because you like to smack talk. Cool.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BigRobSA
Waffledynamics said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

With enough people that feel like I do, he'll lose.

I'm not a liberal, so Trump nor Biden would have my vote.
Waffledynamics
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

This type of condescension is a big reason hillary and the dems lost 2016. People get tired of it.
It's not condescension, troll. Y'all cannot take anyone getting more praise than Trump. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
Who?mikejones!
RGLAG85 said:

shack009 said:

RGLAG85 said:

willtackleforfood said:

You're in the minority, again.

They, DeSantis fanboys, have to say this so they can continue to attack from the left.

Notice I didn't say DeSantis supporters, there a difference on this board.

Holy projection. I'd be surprised if you can find one issue Trump is to the right of DeSantis on.
Israel?

How many "conservative" president talked a big game about moving the embassy? Trump did.

Keeping us out of wars and being the world's police?

And I'm a DeSantis supporter. I just don't need to lie to justify my existence. That's very leftist, don't you think?

Just ignore the spending and draconian covid response that ****ed us for years
No Spin Ag
AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

And more than enough people on the right got tired of Trump and maga and voted against their party to make sure they lost in '20. It won't take anything for them to do it again.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
RGLAG85
AG
aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

The Trump strategy that he doesn't need your vote is an interesting one. It's like you are doing all you can to push people away because you like to smack talk. Cool.
This person, like many of the DeSantis fanboys on here, were never voting for the republican candidate. Hth.
shack009
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

There's been many threads over the last year about Trump supporters voting for someone other than Trump in the general and very few said they would vote for whatever R was in the general.

I think it's why Haley is doing so well. She the only option that's presented significantly different than Trump

Vivek is Trump Jr. DeSantis, while an actually conservative with a real record, is still seen as Trump Jr.

Because it isn't an imitation at all.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

No, he didn't…maybe in your biased opinion he did, but many of yall have been wish-casting this thing from day 1 when the empirical evidence clearly showed DeSantis wasn't hitting home with voters…

The evidence that he needed to make drastic changes has been there from the beginning, but he, and many of y'all, ignored it, and called those of us pointing to what was actually going on "fools" or "Trumpers"…

You continue to operate under the false belief that Trump supporters could be peeled off. There is nothing DeSantis could do to change a Trump supporter to DeSantis.

I will admit I underestimated the number of people who have been fooled by Trump.

"Peeled off"? Brother…53% of first timers went for Trump…

Not only did DeSantis not peel anyone off, Trump added significantly more to the rind…
J. Walter Weatherman
RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

This person, like many of the DeSantis fanboys on here, were never voting for the republican candidate. Hth.

That poster has said probably 500 times he will vote for Trump in the general despite being a DeSantis supporter. The rest of us would happily vote for any actual conservative in the general, which Trump is not. Time to stop voting for the least smelly turd in the bowl.
Who?mikejones!
shack009 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Because it isn't an imitation at all.

Perception is reality. The perception is vivek and densantis are just Trump like candidates
JWinTX
Ag with kids said:

TXaggiesTX said:

Ag with kids said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

I guess they thinks independents/dems/libs will magically vote for desantis.

Its laughable but whatever.

They did in 2022, when he won Miami of all places and performed much better than Trump did in 2020. Trump turned Georgia and Arizona blue.
Trump turns red areas blue.

DeSantis turns blue areas red.

MAGA: I WANT TRUMP!!!! PROVEN WARRIOR!
States Obama won twice won by Trump both times
-Iowa*
-Ohio*
-Florida

States Trump only won once but is the only republican since Reagan to win them:
- Wisconsin
-Pennsylvania*
- Michigan*

*Trump has both the first and second best performance for a republican since 1988

So, after 4 years in office and voters could see his performance...Trump turned Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan blue.

After 4 years in office where voters could see his performance, DeSantis turned Miami red.

Trump ran against Hillary. Working class men hated her. They didn't hate Biden. And those states all allow mail-in ballots and harvesting. Trump won't win any of them againno Republican will, actually.
PA24
AG
Vivek would make a great Sec. of State.

shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

"Peeled off"? Brother…53% of first timers went for Trump…

Not only did DeSantis not peel anyone off, Trump added significantly more to the rind…

I have no idea how you could think your response refutes what I said.
Who?mikejones!
RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

What sort of bull**** attitude is this? What's your angle? I'm seriously asking to what advantage you think ****ting on supporters of Republicans not named Trump gets you. And by you, I mean maga people in general.

If I choose not to vote for Trump in the general, its likely because his synchopats have driven me away.
RGLAG85
AG
No Spin Ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

And more than enough people on the right got tired of Trump and maga and voted against their party to make sure they lost in '20. It won't take anything for them to do it again.
This simply wasn't true and was just a msm gaslight for smart was coming. Boychowder was the first to parrot this prior to the 2020 election using his family as an example. I told him at the time, i work exclusively with many suburban women and at the time, it was 10 to 1 for those who said they didn't vote for him in 16 but would in 20 compared to those who said they wouldn't vote for him. Psychosis is thy name, but you keep believing it though.
AgResearch
AG
PA24 said:

Vivek would make a great Sec. of State.

Hell no. He's about as qualified for political office as Mayor Pete
TexAgs91
AG
Dan Scott said:

Are you saying the math doesn't work out? Can you show your work?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
shack009
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

What sort of bull**** attitude is this? What's your angle? I'm seriously asking to what advantage you think ****ting on supporters of Republicans not named Trump gets you. And by you, I mean maga people in general.

If I choose not to vote for Trump in the general, its likely because his synchopats have driven me away.

Let's not get petty. We can easily justify not voting for him based on his Dem-lite policy.
BoydCrowder13
RGLAG85 said:

No Spin Ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

This simply wasn't true and was just a msm gaslight for smart was coming. Boychowder was the first to parrot this prior to the 2020 election using his family as an example. I told him at the time, i work exclusively with many suburban women and at the time, it was 10 to 1 for those who said they didn't vote for him in 16 but would in 20 compared to those who said they wouldn't vote for him. Psychosis is thy name, but you keep believing it though.

It sucked to see Biden was going to win. And it still sucks.
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggie93 said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm not supporting Trump, so you figure it out. Something, something sheep....... something, something wolves clothing....

Pay closer attention to the players.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.