***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,297 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sick of the goaltending for his COVID policy. The guy dropped the ball, plain and simple. He gets an F- for all of 2020, including nearly $3 trillion in spending.
Who?mikejones!
shack009 said:

I'm sick of the goaltending for his COVID policy. The guy dropped the ball, plain and simple. He gets an F- for all of 2020, including nearly $3 trillion in spending.

Which was a major part of the inflation equation.

We are still dealing with the consequences of those asinine policy mandates
aggiehawg
AG

Only reason Haley won that one county.
shack009
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

shack009 said:

Which was a major part of the inflation equation.

We are still dealing with the consequences of those asinine policy mandates

It's a significant factor in why DeSantis has as much support as he does. But we're just TDS because we prefer sound policy.
Dan Scott
AG
2020 was when the country needed Trumps leadership. Everyone talks about how great first 3 years were but 2020 was the worst year of presidential leadership. A major crisis hits this country again and I have 0 confidence we'll come out of it stronger.
shack009
AG
It's the only reason she was over 10% in the whole state.
Who?mikejones!
It pretty much canceled out most good things.

The economy crashed, jobs went to ****, the federal bureaucracy turned the screw, inflation started on its rocket flight

Trump could have done something. He could have fired fauci. He could have exerted more control over dumbass policy put out like 6ft, masks, travel bans and so on.

But he did almost nothing.

I'll give credit for the vaccine, as flawed as it is, for at least making a record breaking effort for producing something of benefit
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

I'm sick of people claiming it's "goaltending" when they have zero proof that anyone, at that moment, would have "absolutely done better"…

You're trying to rewrite history to fit your narrative…

In the moment, anyone else in Trump's position would have deferred to Fauci…period…
PA24
AG
shack009 said:

Exactly 4 years ago, Trump was headed for easy victory. Hard to believe but Nancy torn up his state of the union speak the same night Trump gave Rush the medal.

All was good, easy victory coming...Except...he was being impeached for the 2nd time by the democrats for Ukraine of all things. IF he had not complied with the CDC, he would have been ran out of town.

I remember the who state of Texas shut down, friends acting crazy with the mask, CNN showing mass graves, NO VENTILATORS!!!! Hospitals overworked, no ICU beds, GOD HELP US!!!!

PANDEMIC...Millions dying!

I also remember him refusing to wear the mask, Byrd and Facci claiming he was not doing enough. Trump recommended Hydroxychloroquin and the press went crazy.

The whole world shut down, no stopping it.

Selective memory by liberals and never Trumpers dude.

The COVID allowed the folks to pass new laws which in turn produced voter harvesting which caused 81,000,000 for Biden...

shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

I'm sick of people claiming it's "goaltending" when they have zero proof that anyone, at that moment, would have "absolutely done better"…

In the moment, anyone else in Trump's position would have deferred to Fauci…period…

If only there were a candidate in this very race who spurned Fauci. Anyone who says we don't know what others would have done is full of it. Because we saw it. Some of y'all put 2020 out of your brains because it cuts against Trump.

Oh and Trump gave Fauci a medal in January 2021. Trump thought Fauci had done a good job after 10 months…
Dan Scott
AG
On Covid, Trump failed by undermining Fauci but kept him charge. Fauci would say don't go campaign in an area in Oklahoma but Trump did it. He started opposing Fauci pretty early but did nothing about it and when asked why not fire him, he said the media would get too upset. There was mix messaging from the administration the entire time. Terrible leadership.
Who?mikejones!
Trump did nothing of substance to protect American's rights during covid.

I'll agree he had to listen to his expert at first. But, once everyone realized their policy suggestions were bunk, Trump should have been a leader and changed course.

Some have selective memories, but it's not the never trumpers or desantis fans
TexAgs91
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

TexAgs91 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

TexAgs91 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Is our goal to have a republican in the white house or elect Trump?
Republicans haven't exactly shown great leadership over the past several years. With America dead since 11/3/2020 we don't have the luxury of being picky. Our goal is to resurrect America. I think DeSantis would do a better job, but Trump will at least try and will more than stop the bleeding.

Why is no one willing to answer this simple question directly.

My answer is its more important to evict the democrats than for Trump to be re-elected
You asked if our goal is to have a republican in the white house or elect Trump. Now you're saying it's more important to not have a democrat in the white house. You're moving goal posts, but I agree with your 2nd take.

With the way things are going, if you want to evict the democrats, you'll probably have to re-elect Trump.

Electing Trump isn't the goal. Evicting democrats is.

Well, you can't have it both ways. Trump will not win the general election. It's not going to happen because all of bidens issue become secondary to the mass hysteria Trump will produce. It won't be about the economy or immigration or wars. It will be about Trump and his "fitness" to hold office.

So I'm not moving the goal posts. Trump winning the primary will almost guarantee another biden term. Someone else wins the primary, and we likely get a republican president

Dems have obviously shown they can bury a candidate and president with bad press, BS allegations and lawfare. But you want me to believe they wouldn't use these weapons against anyone else? That is naive. There is zero downside for them. Why wouldn't they?
shack009
AG
Dang that's a lot of words to say trump let people run all over him even though he was the president.
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Trump could have done something. He could have fired fauci. He could have exerted more control over dumbass policy put out like 6ft, masks, travel bans and so on.

But he did almost nothing.

Oh that's absolute horse**** and you know it…and if you don't know it, then you are completely blind to politics…

He had just been acquitted of impeachment #1 in February and you think he had the political ability to just fire Fauci as the **** was hitting the fan and avoid the lockdowns in March? What planet do you live on? The Ds were looking for ANY reason to remove him from power…don't think they wouldn't have found a way to try to do it if he fired the assumed "medical expert" as Covid is getting ugly so he could do it his way, and people died (forget that we know they would have died either way because at that moment we did NOT know that)? They would have impeached him again for NOT following the CDC…

That's how SICK the left was (and still is)…they would have hammered him for ignoring/firing Fauci when no one knew any better at that time…

To claim otherwise is the true definition of "goaltending"…
Who?mikejones!
They would, without a doubt.

But some candidates have much fewer skeletons in the closet to harp on than Trump. In fact, all of the other republicans have less.

It then becomes a more policy based teardown which can be better defended than "grab em by the *****"
Who?mikejones!
So, you're saying he refused to do the right thing because of political pressure.

Sounds like a ****ty leader

Further, does that mean none of the cinsequence of the policies his administration wraught upon us are now discounted because he might have looked bad?
TexAgs91
AG
GeorgiAg said:

DeSantis won Iowa. Stop the steal!

If I say it enough, it become true, right?

Why? What happened? 3am ballot drops? Mules? Unfolded mail in ballots? They ran out of ballots in DeSantis territory?
shack009
AG
Just excuses for weakness.

The reason he couldn't fire Fauci is because he would have been incapable of facing the media and the people and explaining why he made the move. Because, as usual, Trump did not know a single thing about what was going on.
J. Walter Weatherman
PA24 said:

shack009 said:

Exactly 4 years ago, Trump was headed for easy victory. Hard to believe but Nancy torn up his state of the union speak the same night Trump gave Rush the medal.

All was good, easy victory coming...Except...he was being impeached for the 2nd time by the democrats for Ukraine of all things. IF he had not complied with the CDC, he would have been ran out of town.

I remember the who state of Texas shut down, friends acting crazy with the mask, CNN showing mass graves, NO VENTILATORS!!!! Hospitals overworked, no ICU beds, GOD HELP US!!!!

PANDEMIC...Millions dying!

I also remember him refusing to wear the mask, Byrd and Facci claiming he was not doing enough. Trump recommended Hydroxychloroquin and the press went crazy.

The whole world shut down, no stopping it.

Selective memory by liberals and never Trumpers dude.

The COVID allowed the folks to pass new laws which in turn produced voter harvesting which caused 81,000,000 for Biden...

That happened in April. Why was Fauci still leading the charge in August when everyone knew masks and shutdowns didn't do anything? Why did Trump give him a medal on the way out?
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

If only there were a candidate in this very race who spurned Fauci. Anyone who says we don't know what others would have done is full of it. Because we saw it. Some of y'all put 2020 out of your brains because it cuts against Trump.

Oh and Trump gave Fauci a medal in January 2021. Trump thought Fauci had done a good job after 10 months…

Oh for the love…again with the rewriting of history…

I think Ron DeSantis is the best person to lead the country I want, but he did NOT lift all Florida restrictions until the end of September, 2020…. Some of yall act like he told Fauci to **** off in the middle of March…it was the END OF SEPTEMBER…

So let's not act like DeSantis was omnipotent with regard to Covid…he waffled and waited for several months…

Don't rewrite history…
Who?mikejones!
The point is he did something. Took him 9 months but he did makes changes.

Trump did nothing.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

The reason he couldn't fire Fauci is because he would have been incapable of facing the media and the people and explaining why he made the move. Because, as usual, Trump did not know a single thing about what was going on.

Bull****…because he had just finished defending an impeachment attempt less than 30 days before and had zero political capital to face additional scrutiny at that point while tens of thousands of people were dropping dead around the world…

You may hate the man, but you have to at least be FAIR…. You want a narrative devoid of fact to help bolster your position…

It's ridiculous…
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Trump did nothing.

No sir…yall friggin act like DeSantis was the Covid-whisperer from day 1, and it's categorically false…. The facts prove it's false…

He would have done no better than Trump…claiming otherwise is absolutely asinine…
TexAgs91
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

But some candidates have much fewer skeletons in the closet to harp on than Trump. In fact, all of the other republicans have less.

It then becomes a more policy based teardown which can be better defended than "grab em by the *****"

Remember, they didn't need actual pee tapes of Trump. They just had to say they had them. Kavanaugh didn't have to rape anyone. They just had to say he did. They had video of Biden literally admitting to quid pro quo and they impeached Trump for it.

You show me the man, I'll show you the crime.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

With the CDC saying "millions of people will
Die if you don't do XYZ, even the best leader would have errored on the side of caution…

You have folks in place that are supposed to be experts in their field and you have to rely on them…

He had no reason to believe that Fauci and Birk were both winging it and trying to sweep their involvement under the rug as the whole thing was unfolding realtime…

Could we have had someone better than Fauci and his ilk in place? Sure…but why would Trump (or anyone else) have a reason to question Fauci prior to Covid? He wouldn't have…none of us would have…

He listened to the experts in place, and he figured out relatively quickly that they were full of ****…but when the **** was hitting the fan, and before we knew Fauci was a lying sack of ****, he had no reason to not listen to him…he was the supposed expert…

I mean, Jesus man…people, friggin Republicans ON THIS FORUM, wanted to throw people in jail because they refused the jab…they literally wanted you imprisoned for not wearing masks and not social distancing and not taking the jab…

THAT HAPPENED RIGHT HERE ON TEXAGS…
Trump had access to all of that info though. He got to choose who to put out front and run things. He got to choose who to trust. Fauci was nice to him so he picked him.

He ignored Fauci's record. He ignored that this is the same guy that pushed AZT and Bird Flu and SARS and the rest. He ignored he was the Swampiest of Swamp rats. He actively worked to silence folks early on that opposed Fauci because Fauci at first was making him look good. He jumped head first into the trap. Once he was running ads bragging about how he did everything Fauci told him to do there was no going back. He was strapped to that anchor and was going to go down with it.

Would it have taken serious guts to stand up to him? Absolutely. The Dems and Media would have lost their minds. Guess what? They did anyway. He lost the election anyway.

Now maybe you think he was just the best anyone could ever be but that's simply because you haven't listened to other folks like Scott Atlas sooner instead of muffling them (and then trying to bring them out in August when the narratives were already firmly in place) we would have had a very different result. Or Jay Bhattacharya. Those guys had impeccable credentials but Trump let them be silenced.

Anyway don't worry, we will never find out more now. Fauci will live out the rest of his retirement as a mega millionaire and all the folks in the Swamp that got rich will buy another vacation home. It was a longshot already there would be any accountability but this will seal it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
DD88
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

Oh for the love…again with the rewriting of history…

I think Ron DeSantis is the best person to lead the country I want, but he did NOT lift all Florida restrictions until the end of September, 2020…. Some of yall act like he told Fauci to **** off in the middle of March…it was the END OF SEPTEMBER…

So let's not act like DeSantis was omnipotent with regard to Covid…he waffled and waited for several months…

Don't rewrite history…
Desantis lifted the state lockdown on 4/29/20 4 weeks after it started.
You are referring to 9/25/20 when he stopped all local governments from restricting businesses.
Dan Scott
AG
Don't you think it was a big mistake to have mix messaging on Covid from the administration? fauci and crew would say one thing, Trump would say and do something else. It became a Fauci vs Trump which made the whole damn thing super political.
FireAg
AG
"DeSantis would have done better with Covid" even though there is ZERO evidence he would have done better with Covid…

Pure regurgitated propaganda with no basis in fact…

It's literally like folks have convinced themselves that their narrative is fact, no matter what…
Who?mikejones!
FireAg said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Trump did nothing.

No sir…yall friggin act like DeSantis was the Covid-whisperer from day 1, and it's categorically false…. The facts prove it's false…

He would have done no better than Trump…claiming otherwise is absolutely asinine…

No. It's clear that desantis made a change after seeing what was happening wasn't working. That's what a leader does.

Trump did nothing. Apparently because, according to you, he lacked political capital.

So his unwillingness to change course helped lead to untold pain, stress, inflation and so on.

He could've changed to, at any point. But he didn't. He didn't do **** but let fauci run all over him.
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

Bull****…because he had just finished defending an impeachment attempt less than 30 days before and had zero political capital to face additional scrutiny at that point while tens of thousands of people were dropping dead around the world…

You may hate the man, but you have to at least be FAIR…. You want a narrative devoid of fact to help bolster your position…

It's ridiculous…

I don't hate him. I judge him on policy. He was decent, but terrible on spending the first three years, and he was an F- on all of it in all of 2020.

You can say he had no political capital. But the real problem is that he had no knowledge. He couldn't make a case for a strong position against Fauci because he didn't (still doesn't) know what the case against him was (is).
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

"DeSantis would have done better with Covid" even though there is ZERO evidence he would have done better with Covid…

Pure regurgitated propaganda with no basis in fact…

It's literally like folks have convinced themselves that their narrative is fact, no matter what…

There's not zero evidence. You just don't like the evidence.
MaroonStain
AG
Who is the better candidate?

Dole
McCain
Mittens
Trump
Who?mikejones!
TexAgs91 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Remember, they didn't need actual pee tapes of Trump. They just had to say they had them. Kavanaugh didn't have to rape anyone. They just had to say he did. They had video of Biden literally admitting to quid pro quo and they impeached Trump for it.

You show me the man, I'll show you the crime.

I agree on the whole. But some people make it just believable enough to seem plausible.

The media successfully turned trump into a cartoon and dehumanized him. Then, even absurd things can stick.

Yes. They'd attemp to do the same with any other republican, but some make it easier than others.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What happens in Florida in winter is not the same as what happens in the northern states during winter, especially in densely populated areas. Which is why Trump talked to the governors all of the time. Governors and their state health authorities were monitoring what was happening in their own states.

The biggest mistake was trying to craft a one size fits all solution to very disparate situations across the country during winter and early spring.

But by the summer, the evidence was growing even though much of it was being censored, squelched, memory holed with doctors being attacked for speaking up at what they were seeing. Videos and podcasts were taken down from youtube. People were censored, shadow banned or just plain booted off of twitter.

If we were having difficulty getting accurate and contrarian information to the preferred narrative, what was Trump being told? What was Pence being told? Pence was in charge, wasn't he?

To use an old question, "What did the President know and when did he know it?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.