***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,324 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Oh no, whatever will he do?
With enough people that feel like I do, he'll lose.

You're pro Biden?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Who?mikejones!
Wtf are you going on about
RGLAG85
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

RGLAG85 said:

No Spin Ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

FoxNews now reporting that 53% of first time caucus goers voted Trump, 23% Haley, and 11% DeSantis…

That 99 county, 3-million knocked on doors had a very poor ROI…

The grassroots effort just isn't the way to get it done anymore…
Trump has always done this. There has never been a candidate who brings in people both for and against him who dont usually participate in politics like Trump. I believe the for outweighs the against when compared to the usual GOP baseline in important electoral states.

He gets the "for" in the primary, then gets the "against" in the general. Which is why we took losses from 2018-2023, and will lose again in 2024.

Then blame the candidates who fail to win over voters…

DeSantis did plenty to win over voters over the course of several years as the best governor in the country and most consistent victor over the left. It's not my or his fault that people don't care about policy wins or winning general elections.

This type of condescension is a big reason hillary and the dems lost 2016. People get tired of it.

And more than enough people on the right got tired of Trump and maga and voted against their party to make sure they lost in '20. It won't take anything for them to do it again.
This simply wasn't true and was just a msm gaslight for smart was coming. Boychowder was the first to parrot this prior to the 2020 election using his family as an example. I told him at the time, i work exclusively with many suburban women and at the time, it was 10 to 1 for those who said they didn't vote for him in 16 but would in 20 compared to those who said they wouldn't vote for him. Psychosis is thy name, but you keep believing it though.

It sucked to see Biden was going to win. And it still sucks.
Here's a hint, they cheated. Yes, they really did but needed cover that weak minded people would buy.

Congrats, I guess.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

FoxNews now reporting that 53% of first time caucus goers voted Trump, 23% Haley, and 11% DeSantis…

Trump has always done this. There has never been a candidate who brings in people both for and against him who dont usually participate in politics like Trump. I believe the for outweighs the against when compared to the usual GOP baseline in important electoral states.

He gets the "for" in the primary, then gets the "against" in the general. Which is why we took losses from 2018-2023, and will lose again in 2024.

DeSantis did plenty to win over voters over the course of several years as the best governor in the country and most consistent victor over the left. It's not my or his fault that people don't care about policy wins or winning general elections.

No, he didn't…maybe in your biased opinion he did, but many of yall have been wish-casting this thing from day 1 when the empirical evidence clearly showed DeSantis wasn't hitting home with voters…

The evidence that he needed to make drastic changes has been there from the beginning, but he, and many of y'all, ignored it, and called those of us pointing to what was actually going on "fools" or "Trumpers"…

Y'all had your heads in the sand as to what was actually going on…

You continue to operate under the false belief that Trump supporters could be peeled off. There is nothing DeSantis could do to change a Trump supporter to DeSantis.

I will admit I underestimated the number of people who have been fooled by Trump.

"Peeled off"? Brother…53% of first timers went for Trump…

Not only did DeSantis not peel anyone off, Trump added significantly more to the rind…

It does t refute anything, nor was intended to…

It says exactly what I meant it to say, no one peeled anything off of Trump, and Trump added more that he didn't have…

I have no idea how you could think your response refutes what I said.
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Wtf are you going on about
What can't you figure out?
Who?mikejones!
You're over here speaking in tounges and saying I can't figure it out. Maybe just say what you mean.

Meanwhile, you've repeatedly said things like "desantis fanboys" but haven't stated, at least from what I've seen, who you're supporting. Only said not Trump.

Guess that means vivek.
TexAgs91
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

No, he didn't…maybe in your biased opinion he did, but many of yall have been wish-casting this thing from day 1 when the empirical evidence clearly showed DeSantis wasn't hitting home with voters…

The evidence that he needed to make drastic changes has been there from the beginning, but he, and many of y'all, ignored it, and called those of us pointing to what was actually going on "fools" or "Trumpers"…

You continue to operate under the false belief that Trump supporters could be peeled off. There is nothing DeSantis could do to change a Trump supporter to DeSantis.

You're wrong. I've switched from Trump to DeSantis because of Trump's attacks on DeSantis and DeSantis' plans if he's president.

Why do people make such silly blanket statements that can be so easily disproven?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Who?mikejones!
Next major question-

What % does desantis need to clear to not drop out before new Hampshire?

Haley is staying in no matter what.

Not that it matters, trump is the republican nominee no matter what.
shack009
AG
TexAgs91 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

You're wrong. I've switched from Trump to DeSantis because of Trump's attacks on DeSantis and DeSantis' plans if he's president.

Why do people make such silly blanket statements that can be so easily disproven?

We are talking about the context of this campaign. You actually changed your support from Trump to DeSantis in the past 8 months because of things DeSantis and Trump have said?

I'm skeptical, but if that's true, then good for you. Just not sure why their actions on policy over the past 7 years wouldn't be the deciding factor, but ok.
RGLAG85
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

You're over here speaking in tounges and saying I can't figure it out. Maybe just say what you mean.

Meanwhile, you've repeatedly said things like "desantis fanboys" but haven't stated, at least from what I've seen, who you're supporting. Only said not Trump.

Guess that means vivek.
You obviously can't read very well, I've stated multiple times I support DeSantis. I'm just not a pillow screamer or fake republican. I don't need to tear someone down to feel better about who I support.
Who?mikejones!
That only holds true if "trumpers" were actually willing to change from Trump to anyone else. I've seen nothing that shows a Trump supporters was willing to go with desantis or Haley or vivek.

I don't think any strategy would've worked, even if the one desantis did do was a bad one that was poorly executed.
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!
RGLAG85 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Guess that means vivek.
You obviously can't read very well, I've stated multiple times I support DeSantis. I'm just not a pillow screamer or fake republican.

Carry on then
TexAgs91
AG
No Spin Ag said:

non maga voters actually outnumber maga.

Scary if true that most voters don't want to make America great again.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Dan Scott
AG
This crap has to stop. MAGA needs all the Rs.

TyHolden
AG
who won?
TexAgs91
AG
BigRobSA said:

Waffledynamics said:

willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

I'm less and less inclined to vote for Trump the more he and his supporters act like children.

Oh no, whatever will he do?
With enough people that feel like I do, he'll lose.

I'm not a liberal, so Trump nor Biden would have my vote.

Biden isn't a liberal.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Who?mikejones!
Guess Leo wants a democrat governor of iowa
FireAg
AG
I think the number of first time caucusers breaking heavily for Trump is an indication that Iowa voters simply didn't buy what DeSantis was selling...

Unless we are going to make the asinine argument that all Iowans are a bunch of inbred, uneducated, mouth-breathing hicks who can't think for themselves and thus "of course" Iowa was going to break for Trump...

But then, that begs the question for the DeSantis campaign...if Iowa was lost before he entered the race to begin with, why did he spend so much time and resources on Iowa to begin with? Seems he could have focused elsewhere if Iowa was "impossible" to win...

DeSantis thought he could take Iowa...his message failed to do so...that's it in a nutshell...
Thunderstruck xx
TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

non maga voters actually outnumber maga.

Scary if true that most voters don't want to make America great again.

More like Make America Geriatric Again amirite?
Who?mikejones!
Good questions.

I also wonder how many of the 1st time caucusers were repeat Trump voters who never caucused before. Ie- not necessarily new voters, but, motivated Trump supporters who had already voted once or twice for him in the general
AgResearch
AG
Dan Scott said:

Lol. Kim will continue to kick ass in Iowa.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I don't think any strategy would've worked, even if the one desantis did do was a bad one that was poorly executed.
I agree with this. Fundamentally, what the GOP primary is about is that more than 50% of the voters want to nominate Trump. Given that, he's going to win. This ain't rocket surgery.

Question is whether the amount of damage DeSantis has done to himself is such that he will not be able to mount a successful 2nd campaign in 2028 (or beyond), like Reagan, HW Bush, Dole, McCain, Romney, etc.

Or is he going to fall into the Rudy/Fred Dalton Thompson/Steve Forbes category where this is the end of his political career?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
No Spin Ag
RGLAG85 said:

No Spin Ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

This type of condescension is a big reason hillary and the dems lost 2016. People get tired of it.

And more than enough people on the right got tired of Trump and maga and voted against their party to make sure they lost in '20. It won't take anything for them to do it again.
This simply wasn't true and was just a msm gaslight for smart was coming. Boychowder was the first to parrot this prior to the 2020 election using his family as an example. I told him at the time, i work exclusively with many suburban women and at the time, it was 10 to 1 for those who said they didn't vote for him in 16 but would in 20 compared to those who said they wouldn't vote for him. Psychosis is thy name, but you keep believing it though.

Then there really were just way more people on the left than on the right when it came to those who voted Trump out in '20.

Regardless, the voters did it once, they'll do it again. It's not like Trump makes it hard for them to want to get out and vote against him.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

100% accurate and something I pointed out to folks who swore that an Iowa win for DeSantis would propel him to the nomination...

With that said, I have also pointed out that this only hold true when there isn't an incumbent running, and while Trump is obviously not an "incumbent" this time, he polls like an incumbent, and so this year is a bit of an outlier, given the situation...
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

I think the number of first time caucusers breaking heavily for Trump is an indication that Iowa voters simply didn't buy what DeSantis was selling...

Unless we are going to make the asinine argument that all Iowans are a bunch of inbred, uneducated, mouth-breathing hicks who can't think for themselves and thus "of course" Iowa was going to break for Trump...

But then, that begs the question for the DeSantis campaign...if Iowa was lost before he entered the race to begin with, why did he spend so much time and resources on Iowa to begin with? Seems he could have focused elsewhere if Iowa was "impossible" to win...

DeSantis thought he could take Iowa...his message failed to do so...that's it in a nutshell...

Obviously all the hand-wringing is over the fact that this Trump win won't be specific to Iowa.

DeSantis needed to win Iowa to show that the invincible man does bleed. That's why he spent so much time there. The results tonight mean the rest is a foregone conclusion unless Vivek and Haley drop out.
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Good questions.

I also wonder how many of the 1st time caucusers were repeat Trump voters who never caucused before. Ie- not necessarily new voters, but, motivated Trump supporters who had already voted once or twice for him in the general
Obvoisouly no way to know, but from DeSantis's efforts in Iowa, his huge focus on visiting every county and knocking on 3M doors, it's clear he was trying to drum up first timers to show up and cast their votes for him...that's one of the biggest argument in favor of a grassroots effort in Iowa...motivate the newbies to come out and support you...

But that completely backfired on him...it didn't work...
No Spin Ag
Dan Scott said:

Maga doesn't care about Rs. They care about Trump and those who pledge fealty to him. Everyone else is the enemy and they'll burn it all down if they have to.

No dem could ever do to the GOP like what Trump and maga have done.

And once Trump is gone, and maga goes back to not voting en masse like they did for Trump, then the dems will really have a field day winning elections. Even easier than they have been in the last three.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ktownag08
AG
Crap like this is what makes me not want to vote for Trump.
Who?mikejones!
I lean more towards it being over on a national stage, mostly because Trump supporters will forever hold a grudge and undercut him from ever having enough support to win a primary.

It's obvious his real life results do not matter because he allegedly wears lifts in his shoes.

He can probably get a high paying job at fox or on tucker's channel and ride off into the sunset
Who?mikejones!
Haley won't drop out until south Carolina. All her eggs are in new Hampshire and, should she lose there, she might drop out. But, she's going to keep getting money.
Waffledynamics
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I lean more towards it being over on a national stage, mostly because Trump supporters will forever hold a grudge and undercut him from ever having enough support to win a primary.

It's obvious his real life results do not matter because he allegedly wears lifts in his shoes.

He can probably get a high paying job at fox or on tucker's channel and ride off into the sunset
DeSantis needs to be in politics, and his leadership needs to be on the national stage one way or another.
Rapier108
Dan Scott said:

They won't.

MAGA expect everyone to swear fealty to Trump, for life.

Stuff like this is why a lot of Republicans wont' vote for Trump. They just want him and his merry band of kamikazes to go away forever.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
shack009
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Haley won't drop out until south Carolina. All her eggs are in new Hampshire and, should she lose there, she might drop out. But, she's going to keep getting money.

You are right, I meant drop out soon enough to allow DeSantis to start consolidating support before it's too late. It's definitely too early for any of the top 3 to drop out, and I could see Vivek hanging around a little longer also.
Who?mikejones!
Then go for senate. Florida voters should reward him with such a post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.