***** OFFICIAL Call the Iowa Caucus Thread *****

38,300 Views | 844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Rapier108
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Spin Ag said:

shack009 said:

Dang CNN is reporting Vivek has suspended his campaign. Wonder if he will endorse Trump after the I'll-timed attacks.

This will only help Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if he's jumping on the Trump train now.

There's a world where Vivek's support goes to DeSantis. You could say Vivek is Trump-lite, but then why wouldn't those people be supporting Trump already?
TexAgs91
AG
No Spin Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Dan Scott said:

This crap has to stop. MAGA needs all the Rs.

Maga doesn't care about Rs. They care about Trump and those who pledge fealty to him. Everyone else is the enemy and they'll burn it all down if they have to.

Wrong again. I'm MAGA. Read that literally. I want to make America great again. So if DeSantis is still around when Texas gets a turn I'll vote for him because I think he can still do a better job at MAGA than Trump. Otherwise, I'll vote for Trump in the general because I know he can make America great again. I've seen him do it. I just think DeSantis will have more of an impact than Trump will.

If Trump made America Great, why does he need to do it again? What did he do wrong that he needs to do it all over again?
You weren't aware Biden took over? Weird.

Quote:

And what happens to America when he's gone? Will it only be great when he's president?
That's why DeSantis has my vote.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

TexAgs91 said:

I want to make America great again. So if DeSantis is still around when Texas gets a turn I'll vote for him because I think he can still do a better job at MAGA than Trump. Otherwise, I'll vote for Trump in the general because I know he can make America great again. I've seen him do it. I just think DeSantis will have more of an impact than Trump will.
This X1000...
BTW Fire, not happy about it but it does look like the polls were fairly close. Not quite as bad but certainly closer than I expected. Oh well.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
No Spin Ag
shack009 said:

TexAgs91 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

non maga voters actually outnumber maga.

Scary if true that most voters don't want to make America great again.

More like Make America Geriatric Again amirite?

I'd rather have DeSantis but Trump could handle the job just a few years ago, he can still handle the job. He didn't suddenly age 20 years. You can try and tell people that every person at a given age is at the same level of decline but people can see that's obviously not true.

Go watch the 2016 debates and tell me Trump hasn't declined.

Tell me he's aged 20 years. You can't.

You are the only person saying he's aged 20 years. But it's clear he rambles even more than he did previously and he's even more incoherent than he was previously. More slurred speech and he's doing way less events.

Remember 2016 when he was selling out multiple large venues in a single day? Now we're lucky if we get a couple appearances in a week.

Anyone who's honest can admit that Trump looks and acts like the geriatric he is. It's been nearly a decade since he came on the scene, and at the age he was into today, a decade affects a person way more than a decade does to someone going from thirty to forty.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BigRobSA
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

I'd rather have DeSantis but Trump could handle the job just a few years ago, he can still handle the job. He didn't suddenly age 20 years. You can try and tell people that every person at a given age is at the same level of decline but people can see that's obviously not true.

Mentally? Definitely. Even physically, he can't hang.

Dementia takes its toll in both ways.

OK, we'll I guess anyone could say it, but they'd either be lying or mistakenly thought Trump was 50 during his first term.

His mental decline is obvious. 2016, he had the energy of a younger man. 2020, he'd slowed down, but was still more energetic than Biden. Now, he constantly gets mixed up, says weird things, weirdly and is a basement dweller like Biden in 2020 who has gained a decent amount of weight exacerbating his lack of stamina. His dementia is obvious. He's where Biden was in 20.
TexAgs91
AG
shack009 said:

Dang CNN is reporting Vivek has suspended his campaign. Wonder if he will endorse Trump after the I'll-timed attacks.

I think people who support Vivek like Trump but want a change. Meaning if Vivek drops out, they should support DeSantis.
No Spin Ag
TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Dan Scott said:

This crap has to stop. MAGA needs all the Rs.

Maga doesn't care about Rs. They care about Trump and those who pledge fealty to him. Everyone else is the enemy and they'll burn it all down if they have to.

Wrong again. I'm MAGA. Read that literally. I want to make America great again. So if DeSantis is still around when Texas gets a turn I'll vote for him because I think he can still do a better job at MAGA than Trump. Otherwise, I'll vote for Trump in the general because I know he can make America great again. I've seen him do it. I just think DeSantis will have more of an impact than Trump will.

If Trump made America Great, why does he need to do it again? What did he do wrong that he needs to do it all over again?
You weren't aware Biden took over? Weird.

Quote:

And what happens to America when he's gone? Will it only be great when he's president?
That's why DeSantis has my vote.

If America is only great when Trump is in office, then it's temporary and he's done nothing that can't be undone the second he's gone.

That's why DeSantis should have everyone's vote now. Trump only gets four years and DeSantis would be able to get eight. Eight straight years sounds a lot better than four.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Dan Scott
AG
DeSantis sounds like he's going to keep going
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

TexAgs91 said:

I want to make America great again. So if DeSantis is still around when Texas gets a turn I'll vote for him because I think he can still do a better job at MAGA than Trump. Otherwise, I'll vote for Trump in the general because I know he can make America great again. I've seen him do it. I just think DeSantis will have more of an impact than Trump will.
This X1000...
BTW Fire, not happy about it but it does look like the polls were fairly close. Not quite as bad but certainly closer than I expected. Oh well.
Outside of 2016...they have usually been pretty dependable...

There is an outlier here and there, but for the most part, they tell the tale...especially when there is such a huge gap...
Infection_Ag11
AG
Trump definitely looks and sounds a lot older than he did in 2016. It's certainly not to the level of Biden but Father Time is making his presence known.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FireAg
AG
TexAgs91 said:

shack009 said:

I think people who support Vivek like Trump but want a change. Meaning if Vivek drops out, they should support DeSantis.
I think they will go more Trump than not...especially with Ramaswamy's endorsement...
astros4545
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Desantis is 99% done unless Trump drops dead from a heart attack.
15-20% chance of that with his fat ass
Frok
AG
Trump will just do executive orders that will be undone by the next guy.
FireAg
AG
Dan Scott said:

He should, for now...but $ will dry up soon...he needs a miracle...
PhatMack19
AG

Who?mikejones!
That's not good for their already ****ty economic situation.

Probably ups the chance of an invasion of Taiwan before November
No Spin Ag
Frok said:

And without any Supreme Court picks, his "so much winning" would be pointless and temporary at best.
shack009
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Such beta language… the number of prominent right and even moderate (Tim pool) media personalities who have completely given themselves to Trump will never stop amazing me.
TRM
AG
Dan Scott said:

I believe he has money until Super Tuesday, if he chooses to continue on.
TexAgs91
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

TexAgs91 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

TexAgs91 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Why do you keep throwing out 20 years. Even if he has just aged his actual age (70 to 78), that still is likely a huge change in energy. His debates in 2016 vs his rallies now seem night and day.

If any posters are still working a high stress job at 78 (much less president of the country), please let me know. I'm assuming most 78 year old here have been retired for 15 years.

I say 20 years because he would have to age 20 years from where he was in his first time to not be able to do a good job. Biden looks and acts like he's 20 years older than Trump but he's only 4 years older. Again, not everyone ages the same.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

TexAgs91 said:

This X1000...

There is an outlier here and there, but for the most part, they tell the tale...especially when there is such a huge gap...
I still don't know how you get 60k Caucus commits and 23k votes Only about 100k voting in the Caucus with 93% Reporting, 180k voted in '16.

Don't get it but it is what it is. Not going to make excuses.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

Then beat him in the primary.
It's hard to beat blind devotion.
TexAgs91
AG
FireAg said:

TexAgs91 said:

shack009 said:

I think they will go more Trump than not...especially with Ramaswamy's endorsement...

Why weren't they already with Trump then? They want someone younger.
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

TexAgs91 said:

This X1000...

I still don't know how you get 60k Caucus commits and 23k votes Only about 100k voting in the Caucus with 93% Reporting, 180k voted in '16.

Don't get it but it is what it is. Not going to make excuses.
As I explained previously to those using those "caucus commits" as emprical evidence "proving" that the polling was categorically wrong...

People will "say" a lot of things when you are stadning on their doorstep...but when it's time to be motivated to go out and hold true to your pledge, many...many people simply don't...
MarkTwain
Haley spent $37 million
DeSantis spent $35 million
All others spent $33 million
Trump spent $18.5 million

Trump won all 99 counties

Haley won't win her home state
Desantis won't win Florida
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

MemphisAg1 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

TXaggiesTX said:

FireAg said:

FoxNews now reporting that 53% of first time caucus goers voted Trump, 23% Haley, and 11% DeSantis…

That 99 county, 3-million knocked on doors had a very poor ROI…

The grassroots effort just isn't the way to get it done anymore…
Trump has always done this. There has never been a candidate who brings in people both for and against him who dont usually participate in politics like Trump. I believe the for outweighs the against when compared to the usual GOP baseline in important electoral states.

He gets the "for" in the primary, then gets the "against" in the general. Which is why we took losses from 2018-2023, and will lose again in 2024.

Then blame the candidates who fail to win over voters…
Meaning Trump essentially everywhere since 2016, except the R primary where he reigns supreme. King of a castle that can't win the war.

Think so? Guess we'll see in 2024…

Seems to me like there may very well be a groundswell of support coming for Trump if for no other reason than a lot of folks believe 2020 was stolen…

That's seems to be the sentiment coming out of Iowa…
Those folks voted for Trump before.
Dan Scott
AG
Haley coming out strong in this speech.
shack009
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Haley spent $37 million
DeSantis spent $35 million
All others spent $33 million
Trump spent $18.5 million

Trump won all 99 counties

Haley won't win her home state
Desantis won't win Florida

Trump spent a lot more than that. It just all went to attorneys.
TexAgs91
AG
Frok said:

The GOP controlled Congress in 2017 were to blame. Like Republicans always do, they snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory and did nothing with their time.
Ag with kids
AG
shack009 said:

stallion6 said:

C@LAg said:

Trump has been the Dems ***** for 8 years now. That is not going to stop any time soon.

1. No major legislation passed on his watch.

2. He spent $8TT that the dems gorged on, as did the Republicans. S much for him being "conservative".

3. He got used and abused by the Executive branch, who worked against him

4. The military hated him so much they actively worked against him

5. Republican leadership hated and still hates him and barely is willing to work with him. He is going to bring down the ticket in one or both houses.

6. DOJ has tied him up for pretty much the entire time.

7. He is bleeding millions in ongoing lawsuits that divide his time.

8. He has almost no useful or powerful allies. Anywhere.

The senile buffoon in the White House who cannot prepare cereal for himself is going to beat him in the general election. For a second time.

He is a dead candidate walking.
The military did not hate Trump. Just Liberal, Woke Milley.

The Milley that Trump appointed?
Is there a person that Trump appointed that Trump hasn't booted to the curb and MAGA still likes?
TRM
AG
I know someone that was phone banking for DeSantis. He told me that some of the farmers they talked to had to stay with cattle through the night. Another guy supporting DeSantis did HVAC and couldn't caucus because of the emergency heating calls.

Hard to say the disconnect between the commitment cards and the results, but I'm going with the weather based off those anecdotes. The polling probably suppressed turnout as people thought it wasn't worth their time to caucus given the weather as well. Turnout was expected to be 200k
astros4545
AG
Looking forward to working 5 years longer before retirement

Thanks America
BigRobSA
Dan Scott said:

Lesbian??

Nonbinary?
SA68AG
AG
Ag with kids said:

shack009 said:

stallion6 said:

C@LAg said:

Trump has been the Dems ***** for 8 years now. That is not going to stop any time soon.

1. No major legislation passed on his watch.

2. He spent $8TT that the dems gorged on, as did the Republicans. S much for him being "conservative".

3. He got used and abused by the Executive branch, who worked against him

4. The military hated him so much they actively worked against him

5. Republican leadership hated and still hates him and barely is willing to work with him. He is going to bring down the ticket in one or both houses.

6. DOJ has tied him up for pretty much the entire time.

7. He is bleeding millions in ongoing lawsuits that divide his time.

8. He has almost no useful or powerful allies. Anywhere.

The senile buffoon in the White House who cannot prepare cereal for himself is going to beat him in the general election. For a second time.

He is a dead candidate walking.
The military did not hate Trump. Just Liberal, Woke Milley.

The Milley that Trump appointed?
Is there a person that Trump appointed that Trump hasn't booted to the curb and MAGA still likes?
Mike Pompeo
fooz
Dan Scott said:

lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.