*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,937 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With as much downtime we have until season 2, I might just go ahead a read the book
PatAg
AG
Were you looking up house of the dragon stuff on Facebook , or some idiot just randomly posted it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Neither, FB algorithm throws HotD memes on my feed and I was dumb enough to go in the comments.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bluefire579
AG
Answering questions instead of finishing books
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ogre09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Meh
PatAg
AG
The idea is funny, but its a bit lame to just reuse your characters from your own skit. At least they did somehwat fit the idea of this sketch, and its topical since hte show aired this year.
He did the same thing in his last appearance, and I wonder if Dave insisted on using them or it was the SNL writers that wanted to
G Martin 87
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some ****** spoiled the fate of one of the major characters for me on FB.
I think you misspelled "Joffrey".
i is smart
AG
Just finally caught up. Really enjoyed the show, but damn I missed the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra. I thought Milly Alcock absolutely knocked it out of the park. I do think Emma D'Arcy is going to be great now that it's time for vengeance after Lucerys death.
Al Bula
AG
Finally caught up on this and was really pleased with how well it turned out. It was actually nice seeing a sitting monarch on the Iron Throne for most of a season instead of fighting for it ala GoT.

The casting was really well done. Alicent was probably my least favorite main actress. Rhaenrya, Viserys, Otto, Cole, Aemond... all were great. My favorite was Daemon, but I am a big fan of all the lore and short stories put out earlier where that character is concerned.

Aside from the completely dumb Velaryon casting, this was a very compelling show. I don't know that HotD merits three seasons but I guess there is enough material to stretch it out.

My ultimate hope for the show is that it picks up Targaryen plotlines in other generations. Really so much to explore. However there are some serious missing pieces of the full Targaryen story that likely won't be revealed until ASOIAF is completed, which may be never.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So I understand there's probably very little chance the Greens expected Rhaenyra to accept Otto's peace terms, but Dragonstone "should've" passed to Aemond as the second in line to the throne, right?

So were they giving up Dragonstone and just hoping/assuming Aemond would be okay with that? Or do y'all think he even knew about that?
The Dog Lord
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So I understand there's probably very little chance the Greens expected Rhaenyra to accept Otto's peace terms, but Dragonstone "should've" passed to Aemond as the second in line to the throne, right?

So were they giving up Dragonstone and just hoping/assuming Aemond would be okay with that? Or do y'all think he even knew about that?

It would've belonged to Aegon's kid with his sister although Aemond might hold it until they're grown.
canadiaggie
AG
Aemond isn't second in line for the throne, that would be Aegon's son
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But Aegon's kids would presumably stay in King's Landing until coming of age. I meant that if not for Rhaenyra it would likely go to Aemond.
Wrec86 Ag
David Happymountain said:

Finally caught up on this and was really pleased with how well it turned out. It was actually nice seeing a sitting monarch on the Iron Throne for most of a season instead of fighting for it ala GoT.

The casting was really well done. Alicent was probably my least favorite main actress. Rhaenrya, Viserys, Otto, Cole, Aemond... all were great. My favorite was Daemon, but I am a big fan of all the lore and short stories put out earlier where that character is concerned.

Aside from the completely dumb Velaryon casting, this was a very compelling show. I don't know that HotD merits three seasons but I guess there is enough material to stretch it out.

My ultimate hope for the show is that it picks up Targaryen plotlines in other generations. Really so much to explore. However there are some serious missing pieces of the full Targaryen story that likely won't be revealed until ASOIAF is completed, which may be never.

WES2006AG
AG

Alt Shift X finally dropped their episode 10 video. Looks like it is 45 minutes long.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Was the baby that didn't make it one of the half dragon half human ones that Alt Shift X has talked about before? I swear I saw some scale like features. Although, if they wanted to go that way, I suppose they would have made it more obvious and I really don't want to go back and watch that again to look for clues.
Glad Alt Shift X confirmed this. I never did go back and watch that scene.
redline248
AG
Wait...half dragon baby? Why the f are there half dragon babies?

(sorry, I'm not watching 45 minutes on YouTube to find out)
Teddy Perkins
AG
redline248 said:

Wait...half dragon baby? Why the f are there half dragon babies?

(sorry, I'm not watching 45 minutes on YouTube to find out)
He covers it in the first 10 minutes under the section called Birth.
amg405
AG
WES2006AG said:

Alt Shift X finally dropped their episode 10 video. Looks like it is 45 minutes long.

Good video… I was wondering what was taking them so long
Phrasing
AG
WES2006AG said:

Thanks for posting this! I would have not thought to look for it. Looking forward to watching tomorrow.
WES2006AG
AG
Edit: wrong forum
Southlake
Yup
Southlake
Nope
oragator
For folks who need some news.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-episode-count-season-3-greenlight-season-4-hbo-1235312044/
Al Bula
AG
oragator said:

For folks who need some news.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-episode-count-season-3-greenlight-season-4-hbo-1235312044/
would rather hear that the winds of winter and a dream of spring were getting published back to backish, like a year apart.

ASOIAF has overtaken The Dark Tower as the most anticipated conclusion to a monumental fantasy series ever. It has been 26.5 years since A Game of Thrones was published. This is beyond ridiculous.

At least Stephen king produced an ending even though it sucked.

Feel free to flag my post as off topic, non-book weirdos.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The dark towe is awesome, everything else about your post is spot on.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
C@LAg
they imply the 8 episode (vs 10) is due to spending issues at HBO.

of ALL the possible shows to go cheap on.... this is not it.

and this part sucks

With a portion of the plot originally intended for Season 2, including a major battle, moving to Season 3

This show has the acclaim.
This show has the eyeballs

so stupid to go cheap on it.
The Dog Lord
AG
C@LAg said:

they imply the 8 episode (vs 10) is due to spending issues at HBO.

of ALL the possible shows to go cheap on.... this is not it.

and this part sucks

With a portion of the plot originally intended for Season 2, including a major battle, moving to Season 3

This show has the acclaim.
This show has the eyeballs

so stupid to go cheap on it.
Wow. Even if the decision was taken from a long-term "story-perspective," figure out how to get people more content. I love HBO overall, but their leadership has been terrible the last year or two.

Article mentioned they were also discussing whether the series will be 3 or 4 seasons, with 4 more likely now after these changes. GRRM said he thinks four 10-episode seasons would be needed to tell the Dance well.

If they were smart, they would have multiple projects going to give us at least 1 ASoIaF show per year, if not more. Some could even be limited runs like the Snow project. Although they aren't necessarily my first picks, people want Aegon's Conquest and Robert's Rebellion. Not sure why they aren't throwing money at them as ideas. Instead, they spend time on other ideas only to cancel them. They could make more limited runs if needed as well on other Targaryen rulers (Maegor the Cruel, Blackfyre rebellion, etc.). I'm most excited for the Dunk & Egg series.
redline248
AG
Quote:

I'm most excited for the Dunk & Egg series
People like you are why we haven't gotten a completed ASOIAF!
bluefire579
AG
Thanks to the success of HotD, another spinoff has been ordered to series:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-dunk-and-egg-series-1235372243/
C@LAg
i think they are bumping up to how far they can go wit GoT/

Aegon's conquest - sure. Interesting period, lots of story basis.

Dunk/Egg - yes, so there are the short stories, but I really cannot see much WIDESPREAD viewer interest in the stories or the series lasting long.

Jon Snow - Wildling Ranger - yeah no. With the White Walkers defeated, just a bunch of boring crap north of the wall.

Arya's Adventures - that's a no for me.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

i think they are bumping up to how far they can go wit GoT/

Aegon's conquest - sure. Interesting period, lots of story basis.

Dunk/Egg - yes, so there are the short stories, but I really cannot see much WIDESPREAD viewer interest in the stories or the series lasting long.

Jon Snow - Wildling Ranger - yeah no. With the White Walkers defeated, just a bunch of boring crap north of the wall.

Arya's Adventures - that's a no for me.
I'd prefer Arya over Jon Snow just because I like the idea of exploring the world outside of Westeros. I'd maybe take it over the conquest just because I'm getting a bit of Targaryen fatigue personally.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The problems with telling Aegons Conquest are the nonstop incest and that every matter is eventually resolved by burning the enemy with dragon fire.

I would love to see Robert's rebellion or even a bigger show with the dragons getting tiny and then going extinct, the defense of duskendale, the prime of Arthur Dayne, all that stuff.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.