*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,256 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

redline248 said:

Pretty good episode. I honestly thought it was the finale...guess that is next week?

Otto is going to be pissed that someone beat him to killing the white worm. He was not a fan of her telling him how easy it would have been to kill Aegon.

Classic HBO moment with the dragon ripping through the floor. By the way, should the great sept even be built, yet?
again, the Hand was plotting a palace coup for months, all the big wigs were organizing it:

and NO ONE THOUGHT TO PUT GUARDS IN FRONT OF THE DRAGON CAGES

brilliant strategy!
How come everyone seems to have a detailed blueprint of what the interior of the Dragonpit looks like?

Maegor the Cruel had a zillion secret doors and tunnels built into the Red Keep. Surely the Targs had private ways in and out of the Dragonpit for occasions that demanded speed and/or stealth.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Ogre09
AG
One thing that stood out to me was Daemon kept talking about numbers of dragons. But Vagar just showed us not all dragons are equal, and count of dragons isn't the only important factor.

What was the dragon Daemon was looking at in his episode?
canadiaggie
AG
Ogre09 said:

One thing that stood out to me was Daemon kept talking about numbers of dragons. But Vagar just showed us not all dragons are equal, and count of dragons isn't the only important factor.

What was the dragon Daemon was looking at in his episode?

Vermithor, the dragon that was bonded to King Jaehaerys. He would probably be the second oldest and second biggest of the dragons at this point.
OnlyForNow
AG
2nd oldest and 2nd biggest, you mean, right?
AgE2theBONE
AG
Max Power said:

The dragons do them no good without a rider.

Dany did plenty of damage with two rider-less dragons.

I think it's obvious Daemon is hoping to enlist the aid of unclaimed Dragons.
AJ02
AG
I'm late to the conversation, but I thought I heard in the aftershow that the birthing scene was to show how even in the most inopportune moments, Rhaenyra's body was betraying her and she couldn't control it. She needed to be down with the rest of them, plotting their moves. But instead, she was "stuck" helpless to her body while everyone else got to plot.
canadiaggie
AG
Oops, yes, corrected
OnlyForNow
AG
I read what you wrote in that fashion, but it depends on how you take it.

Verthimor, who based on the captions is that dragon Daemon encountered in the cave, should be the 2nd oldest and probably 2nd biggest dragon alive.

There was a mention of some of the unclaimed dragons or riderless dragons, can't remember if one of the bigger wines was mentioned. It's not very nice though.
G Martin 87
AG
Icecream_Ag
S
AgE2theBONE said:

Max Power said:

2 tiny rider-less dragons by comparison. Drogon wouldn't have even been a gnat compared to vagar based on that chart and he was much larger than his brothers
AgE2theBONE
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

AgE2theBONE said:

Max Power said:

2 tiny rider-less dragons by comparison. Drogon wouldn't have even been a gnat compared to vagar based on that chart and he was much larger than his brothers

That has nothing to do with whether rider-less dragons can be utilized in combat.
emando2000
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Max Power said:

The difference to me is that those were Dany's children. The ones in HOTD are claimed and have no other attachment.

I'm not sure if that was the intent but it's a distinct difference to me.
AgE2theBONE
AG
emando2000 said:

AgE2theBONE said:

Max Power said:

The difference to me is that those were Dany's children. The ones in HOTD are claimed and have no other attachment.

I'm not sure if that was the intent but it's a distinct difference to me.

Very fair point.

I suppose that's the question. Will Daemon be able to enlist Vermithor and other dragons? He clearly takes it for granted that he can.

This may not make much sense, but of all the Targ characters we've seen, Daemon seems the most comfortable with "being a Targaryen."

He just strolls down under the Dragonmont (I assume) softly singing his tune in High Valyrian, lays the torch down, and Howdy, Vermy. In a bit of a jam. Need to call on the Valyrian brotherhood for old times' sake. You down?

Just everything about being a Targaryen seems so totally embraced by him.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone notice Rhaenys' face when Daemon was counting their dragons and mentioned hers? Very much a "Oh, that's presumptuous" look. Pretty funny.
Icecream_Ag
S
AgE2theBONE said:

Icecream_Ag said:

AgE2theBONE said:

Max Power said:

That has nothing to do with whether rider-less dragons can be utilized in combat.
but it shows the destructive force.

And both arrax and vagar ignored their riders at the end of the episode so even riden dragons are a wild card
Icecream_Ag
S
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did anyone notice Rhaenys' face when Daemon was counting their dragons and mentioned hers? Very much a "Oh, that's presumptuous" look. Pretty funny.
Definitely a "***** said what!" look
zap
AG
"The idea that we control the dragons is an illusion. They're a power man should never have trifled with."

-Viserys
HossAg
AG
zap said:

"The idea that we control the dragons is an illusion. They're a power man should never have trifled with."

-Viserys
I thought of this as soon as Luke's dragon went rogue
zap
AG
HossAg said:

zap said:

-Viserys
I thought of this as soon as Luke's dragon went rogue
smart man!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Definitely needs to be a scene where Daemon has 10 dragons at his disposal and steals maximus's line from gladiator: "On my signal, unleash hell."
BenFiasco14
AG
One final note on the birthing scene … agree it was over the top. When she finally pulled the baby out and it just "splats" onto the floor and we see it's bloody arm and hand. That noise the body made is gonna haunt me for a little bit
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Definitely needs to be a scene where Daemon has 10 dragons at his disposal and steals maximus's line from gladiator: "On my signal, unleash hell."

Or a scene like this:
cbr
AG
need some help -

wouldnt mind getting my wife started on GOT/HOD

but i really think got is the way to start.

she is not much into fantasy/sci fi at all, but i think the drama is interesting enough that she might watch it with me.

but i think both started really slowly.

poll - would you start a newbie on GOT? or HOD?

I personally think that though they both started slow, the way GOT brought the dragons along was INCREDIBLE.... and this show they dont look as well filmed in CGI and they are kind of taken for granted.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Start with GoT, no question.

Then stop after S6, and jump over to HotD.
Aggie87
AG
M.C. Swag said:

That was one decision i didn't quite understand. Either way, it wouldn't have mattered since whoever went to Storm's End was gonna be Vhagar food.

Maybe, maybe not. Aemond didn't have quite the same vendetta with Jace, since it was Luke who slashed his face and cost him his eye.

There was more rage in Aemond with respect to Luke.
PatAg
AG
I'm also glad they didnt have Corlys die off camera, that actor is killing it in that role
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Start with GoT, no question.

Then stop after S6, and jump over to HotD.

Show her the scene where Dany slaughters the wise masters. That's how my brother and i got my dad to start watching.
BCG Disciple
AG
cbr said:

need some help -

she is not much into fantasy/sci fi at all, but i think the drama is interesting enough that she might watch it with me.

I personally think that though they both started slow, the way GOT brought the dragons along was INCREDIBLE.... and this show they dont look as well filmed in CGI and they are kind of taken for granted.

My wife just started GOT a month or so ago. We're a couple eps into season 2. The fantasy stuff in season 1 isn't all that evident outside the opening scene and then the dragons coming to life.

She does not like the gratuitous nudity.

She cried when the third horse died. I thought I lost her, but she has rebounded a bit. Maybe a horse being brutally killed to a woman is a lot like a graphic birth scene is to a man.
PatAg
AG
BCG Disciple said:

cbr said:

need some help -

My wife just started GOT a month or so ago. We're a couple eps into season 2. The fantasy stuff in season 1 isn't all that evident outside the opening scene and then the dragons coming to life.

She does not like the gratuitous nudity.

She cried when the third horse died. I thought I lost her, but she has rebounded a bit. Maybe a horse being brutally killed to a woman is a lot like a graphic birth scene is to a man.
You gotta consider how she is gonna react to the dragons later on if the horse broke her up that much
ChoppinDs40
AG
cbr said:

need some help -

It's tough for people that aren't into fantasy/sci-fi because so much of it is "world-building". I've had buddies just completely walk away from GoT because they don't watch the "after the episode" to pick up on who's who, who did what here, why they did this, what house was that again?

There's A LOT of knowledge to gather and really grasp what's always going on... I have to hold my wife's hand still and we watched every episode of GoT as they aired lived.

BUT... if the pilot episode of GoT doesn't pull you in.. I don't know what will... WhiteWalkers, beheadings, incest banging and attempted murder of Bran. The Game of Thrones is set off because Bran caught Jamie banging Cersei... in episode ONE.

Anyways... GoT is still better of an "epic" than HotD. HotD definitely feels like a side-story even though it's very big. GoT is just an epic massive story with multiple stories and plotlines going on.

She's got to watch at least the first 3-4 episodes... then make sure she sees Baelor. Shiz gets real then.
deer corn
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I do think another point of the scene was that every pregnancy complication we have seen has resulted in the woman dying so far. Rhaenyra didn't.

Not a book reader for HOTD, but for me it's playing to the theme seen in GOT that Targs have mothers that die in childbirth and why I believe Tyrion is actually a Targ bc his mom was raped by the Targ king at the time and is not Tywin's son by blood. The books haven't gotten there yet for GOT (probably won't) but I believe Tyrion is the third dragon rider for Dany's dragons.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aggie87 said:

M.C. Swag said:

That was one decision i didn't quite understand. Either way, it wouldn't have mattered since whoever went to Storm's End was gonna be Vhagar food.

Maybe, maybe not. Aemond didn't have quite the same vendetta with Jace, since it was Luke who slashed his face and cost him his eye.

Wait, what? It was Jace who slashed his eye. He threatened to kill Luke with a rock, threw him on the ground, then Jace stepped in to defend him and slashed the eye.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Aggie87 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Wait, what? It was Jace who slashed his eye. He threatened to kill Luke with a rock, threw him on the ground, then Jace stepped in to defend him and slashed the eye.
I think it was the other way around. The younger brother ended up grabbing the dagger and slashing
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Huh, so Jace threw the dirt, and Luke went in for the slash. I totally missed that.

Guess that makes the last episode make a lot more sense now.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Aggie87 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Luke is part of the 3 on 1, then Aemond grabs Luke by the throat and has the rock up to brain him but decides to taunt instead.
Then jace comes at him with the dagger and Aemond hits him with the rock instead.
Then Aemond stands over Jace, Jace uses pocket sand to great effect and Luke slices his face open like a savage.

You can mainly tell because they kept Luke with the more kind of curly/bushy hair.

That kid playing the younger Aemond was great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.