*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,890 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mandevilleag said:

I never got the whole Alicent vs the Hand getting to him first.
The Hand wants him to order the Kingsguard to infilitrate Dragonstone and kill Rhaenrys and her children, eliminating the competition.

Alicent does not want that to happen and wants to offer peace terms to avoid all that bloodshed.

Aegon is highly influence-able. If he ordered the Kingsguard to kill Rhanerys and her kids, nothing Alicent could do would stop them. She doesn't want Rhanerys murdered for her ambition.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
TV Casualty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Gandolph?

Gandolph Lundgren
M.C. Swag
AG
mandevilleag said:

boy09 said:

redline248 said:

The spend all the money on fx shots they can't afford good lights on set
I've watched most of the episodes on my own TV (old Panasonic plasma) with all the lights off and all the dark scenes have looked fine. I didn't understand what everyone was complaining about.

Watched the last ep at a friends house (he has a cheapo TCL), and holy crap... It's borderline unwatchable on TV's that don't handle dark scenes very well. Even the scenes that aren't dark don't look very good.
This. I've been watching it on my Panasonic plasma and it looks great. I watched this last episode at my niece's home on a newer "nicer" tv and it looks horrible. I wanted to go into the settings and change things up, but didn't want to be that guy. It was just a different feel, and very distracting to have everything so "on set" looking.
The issue is that Sapochnik is filming in extremely dark lighting that requires some people to adjust their tv settings to see what's going on. This was an issue during GoT - The Long Night and it's an issue throughout HotD. I have a really nice tv (LG 65" CX OLED 4K UHD) and the picture is SUPERB and clear for every other piece of media I've ever consumed...except for HotD. I have to adjust the settings nearly every week and it's frustrating but at least I have the capability/option to do so. My boomer parents have no idea how to brighten their screen and I'm sure that's the case for a ton of other people as well. It really shouldn't be on the consumer to have program specific settings to watch a show (imo).
tk for tu juan
YNWA_AG
AG
Apparently the entire finale leaked
HossAg
AG
Great, now I gotta stay off social media for 2 days
mandevilleag
Oh I get it. It just seemed too heavily pushed. It didn't need nearly an entire episode to flesh out. In the end, Alicent got to him first, but his actions when he was named King and the crowd cheered showed to me that momma doesn't have a chance guiding him. He likes the power and is going to do what he thinks needs to be done to stay in power (and continue his immoral ways without anyone chastising him any longer). Grandpa Otto is going to try to guide him, but I get the feeling no one will be able to guide him now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sigh. See y'all on Sunday night.

Meant to reply to YNWA.
Teddy Perkins
AG
YNWA_AG said:

How does this keep happening to GoT but I don't see it happen to other shows?
OnlyForNow
AG
Not as much hype with other shows.

100 million people ain't staying up til 10 pm est to watch true detective etc.
pb488
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

YNWA_AG said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

YNWA_AG said:

It's what I like to refer to as the bank paradox. You put things in a bank because it's more secure than your house, but because everyone puts their things in a bank, that's where the sophosticated and determined criminals go. Your house, meanwhile, is just another house to any low level burglar. Alternatively, your home network sees random attacks from script kiddies and bots, while Microsoft, AWS, Google, etc are the target of state sponsored and professional espionage.

In the same way, no one cares about a low budget, run of the mill series, but someone obviously cares about GoT a lot because it's highly successful. They could easily target other stuff, but the other stuff isn't worth it
C@LAg
ABATTBQ11 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

YNWA_AG said:

It's what I like to refer to as the bank paradox. You put things in a bank because it's more secure than your house, but because everyone puts their things in a bank, that's where the sophosticated and determined criminals go. Your house, meanwhile, is just another house to any low level burglar. Alternatively, your home network sees random attacks from script kiddies and bots, while Microsoft, AWS, Google, etc are the target of state sponsored and professional espionage.

In the same way, no one cares about a low budget, run of the mill series, but someone obviously cares about GoT a lot because it's highly successful. They could easily target other stuff, but the other stuff isn't worth it
should not even be an issue . there is no reason that HBO should have these staged in any place where anyone could leak them.

To oversimplify they should literally be on a server with no logical connectivity to any outward facing servers until moments before their release time.

that said. i am obtaining said leak for "research purposes".
PatAg
AG
That one director gave an interview saying he does it intentionally, and wants it to be hard to see what is going on.
I think thats a horrible choice, because there are plenty examples of movies and shows doing similar shots without it looking awful.
TCTTS
AG
Gangnam Style
AG
Watched the finale, was a strong and quite emotional episode. A very fitting ending to season 1.
tk for tu juan
Well, will be avoiding this thread until Sunday night
Phrasing
AG
Astros playing Sunday night as well. This is too much drama for one evening!!
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Sex Panther said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I hope Mysaria is dead if only because I can't stand that accent she does.

Was that the stupid Jamaican accent? Yeah, that was terrible. Make sure she's dead.

Same terrible lead actress from Devs...

Oh wow... man she is AWFUL. Needs to stick to roles where she dances and doesn't talk.
AgfromHOU
AG
C@LAg
AgfromHOU said:

spoiler is false. he voices Vhagar.
Drake aTm
AG
What time does the new ****ing episode come on?
Troy91
AG
About 12 minutes ago.
Objective Aggie
AG
At least they didn't go back to grueling childbirth scenes.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Well…
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

TKEAg04
AG
WOW! What an end to the season!!
tk for tu juan
Ended too soon

Aemond looked like a villain from Metal Gear Solid when standing in the Storm's End throne room
oragator
That was basically one hour of trauma.
I shall not soon recover from the baby scene. Nor will I soon forget poor Luke's ending.or Dameon physically assaulting his wife or threats of eye removal.
But basically it appears that this whole season was the back story for the war. So let the games begin.
The Dog Lord
AG
Loved that final scene with Rhaenyra
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well you knew one of the two kids was a goner.

Anyone know what dragon that was Daemon was singing to?
Vince Blake
I went into HotD with a high amount of cynicism. That season reminded of everything I love about GoT. Well done.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Hell yeah! So glad they proved me wrong on this show.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Vince Blake said:

I went into HotD with a high amount of cynicism. That season reminded of everything I love about GoT. Well done.
just you wait for the series finale when the showrunners are ready to move on to their next projects.

Daemon Targ will jump into his TARDIS, go forward in time to get the Three Eyed Raven, then go back in time and get a HUGE army on board, then revisit key points in time as a huge do-over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Daemon choking his wife was pretty weird and out of nowhere. Not sure what the point of that was other than just to show he's kind of unhinged I guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.