*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,999 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Daemon also took on all of the crab people by himself after.
haha right but im talking about transitive property. The only common opponent they've faced, Aemond beat and Daemon did not. So it'd def be a fair match!
I'm sure the guy whose job it is to protect the royal family is actually trying to hit a prince with a weapon. No chance he was holding back.
Texaggie7nine
Am I the only one here that could probably not name more than 2 characters of this show, yet love every episode and pay attention to every moment? It was similar for GoT. I just don't have a mind to store names and keep up with bloodlines. Most posts on this thread when names are mentioned, I have to reference to google to see what character is being talked about.

Maybe I have some name association disability but GoT has uniquely exploited it more than any other series/show.
7nine
easttexasaggie04
AG
How many episodes do we have left for this season? Last night would have been a great season finale.
powerbelly
AG
Two more I think.
will25u
easttexasaggie04 said:

How many episodes do we have left for this season? Last night would have been a great season finale.
2. Then the long night of no episodes for at least a year. Filming is not supposed to wrap until Summer 2023.
HossAg
AG
will25u said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

2. Then the long night of no episodes for at least a year. Filming is not supposed to wrap until Summer 2023.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
How many dragons does each side have now?

I'm counting 3 for the hightowers, 6 for Rhaenrya with Rhaenys joining their side? But the hightowers have the monster dragon.

Did they answer who took Laenor's this episode?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
9.6 on IMDB and the highest rating of the season. Have to agree with that.
M.C. Swag
AG
i mean if that's how you think they meant to shoot that scene, it's your interpretation! But to me cole looked pissed and didn't appear to be holding anything back
TCTTS
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Am I the only one here that could probably not name more than 2 characters of this show, yet love every episode and pay attention to every moment? It was similar for GoT. I just don't have a mind to store names and keep up with bloodlines. Most posts on this thread when names are mentioned, I have to reference to google to see what character is being talked about.

Maybe I have some name association disability but GoT has uniquely exploited it more than any other series/show.

Right there with you. Whatever you do, don't venture into/admit as much in The Rings of Power thread. I'm getting all kinds of sh*t for not remembering the name of character who had, like, two scenes in a movie released 21 years ago.
powerbelly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

i mean if that's how you think they meant to shoot that scene, it's your interpretation! But to me cole looked pissed and didn't appear to be holding anything back
So you really think he would have injured/killed a prince during training?

You don't survive 20 years in Kings Landing by being an idiot.
OnlyForNow
AG
Leanor's dragon's fate is unknown at this time according to what the show has shown and told us.

Left up to the imagination at this time...
M.C. Swag
AG
powerbelly said:

M.C. Swag said:

So you really think he would have injured/killed a prince during training?

You don't survive 20 years in Kings Landing by being an idiot.
What? No, but it looked like they were sparring full speed. I'm sure both had control enough to pull back a blow that was certain to land (as Aemond did when he won). haha it's not a big deal either way. I was just saying Aemond is clearly a sick fighter now and Cole said as much (a knight who has won a tourney by besting Daemon)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As well you should.
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Right there with you. Whatever you do, don't venture into/admit as much in The Rings of Power thread. I'm getting all kinds of sh*t for not remembering the name of character who had, like, two scenes in a movie released 21 years ago.
you are getting too much crap for that, not everyone has to be a devotee, but there is a difference between the most iconic, foundational classic fantasy epic that has been a bestseller for eighty some odd years, versus a recent fairly relatively obscure show and books, which frankly is secondary to the main bestseller.

that said, i can't follow who all these people are or remember their names and i am enjoying this show.
M.C. Swag
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Haha doesn't help when half the characters' names are recycled 2 or 3 times. We've got now like...4 Aegon's in the GoT/HotD universe now? lol
Ol Jock 99
AG
In one scene, we have Rhaenyra, Rhaenys, and Rhaena all talking.
AgE2theBONE
AG
TCTTS said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Come on now. He had a couple of scenes, yes, but one of the biggest plot points of the series was Aragorn being Isildur's heir, and therefore the rightful King of Gondor, and it's the entire reason Aragorn was able to command the army of the dead, and he was the reason the War of the Ring was happening at all, because he refused to destroy it when Elrond led him into Mount Doom. They showed him take possession of the ring at the very beginning of the FotR and mentioned him throughout the entire series of films. If you didn't remember that you just weren't paying enough attention.

Sorry for derail.

Texaggie7nine
Ol Jock 99 said:

I have a feeling if I tried reading any of the books this would be me.

7nine
Ol Jock 99
AG
Princess Rhaenys is one of my favorite minor characters. She is amazingly shrewd. Last week, she was ticked at her husband for keeping one of the Strong-boys are heir to Driftmark (and he replied with the best line so far "history doesn't remember blood, it remembers names" ) and this week she's pulling a quick-change on betrothals.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

That is why I will forever be grateful and rooting for Luke and Jace. For no other reason than the fact they have singularly unique names that sound nothing like any other characters lol
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Jace was toasting to Aegon and Aemond, he should've said "As men, I hope we can see eye to eye".
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

My wife's side of the family has a big trend of naming kids after aunts, uncles, grandma, etc. Passing out presents at Christmas is kind of a clusterF
AgE2theBONE
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Daemon also took on all of the crab people by himself after.
haha right but im talking about transitive property. The only common opponent they've faced, Aemond beat and Daemon did not.

Daemon absolutely did beat Cole, he just didn't finish him off and turned around to start showboating, so Cole was able to get up and blast Daemon in the back with the morningstar.

Daemon should've forced Cole to yield, or driven a sword through his throat if he wouldn't, but he didn't. But they fought hand to hand and Daemon put Cole on the ground and had him beaten. And not by way of a sucker punch.
M.C. Swag
AG
True. I'm just saying Daemon fighting Aemond wouldn't have the forgone conclusion i think some here would expect based on what we've seen him do in the training grounds against a guy who did win a tournament by beating a host of knights (including Daemon; dirty or not).
redline248
AG
I sure would like to know how Cole would have held up if Aemond made a mistake and was about to get cracked in the skull. Flail doesn't have the kind of stopping power that a sword does.

Oh, and Luke and Jace are only nicknames. Lucerys and Jacerys are the real names, thankfully barely ever used.
AgE2theBONE
AG
M.C. Swag said:

True. I'm just saying Daemon fighting Aemond wouldn't have the forgone conclusion i think some here would expect based on what we've seen him do in the training grounds against a guy who did win a tournament by beating a host of knights (including Daemon; dirty or not).

I actually chuckled at myself for being defensive about Daemon being besmirched.

He's by far my favorite character, and watching Vaemond's head go flying off was outstanding.

CFTXAG10
AG
HossAg
AG
That whole scene was so good
boy09
AG
cbr said:

Great episode. May rewatch - what were his last words?

Did i get it that he thought he was telling his daughter she had to have the heirs to unite, but was actually talking to his wife - and his wife didn't realize the mistake?
Viserys thought he was talking to Rhaenyra and was telling her that Aegon I's dream (the Song of Ice & Fire prophecy, ) has to come to fruition. Viserys believes that Rhaenyra has to succeed him for that to come true.

Alicent thought he was rambling about her son, Aegon II, and mistook that as him saying he wanted him to be his successor.
Stive
AG
boy09 said:

cbr said:

Did i get it that he thought he was telling his daughter she had to have the heirs to unite, but was actually talking to his wife - and his wife didn't realize the mistake?
Viserys thought he was talking to Rhaenyra and was telling her that Aegon I's dream (the Song of Ice & Fire prophecy, ) has to come to fruition. Viserys believes that Rhaenyra has to succeed him for that to come true.

Alicent thought he was rambling about her son, Aegon II, and mistook that as him saying he wanted him to be his successor.

How people don't watch these on CC is beyond me.
will25u
Relive the best scene in Ep. 8! I had chills when they announced the king. Also the music in the background is pretty epic!

will25u
boy09 said:

cbr said:

Also... as if anyone can forget from GOT...

John Snow's TRUE name is Aegon Targaryen, hence completing the "Song of Ice and Fire".
The Porkchop Express
AG
Aemond is breaking the long-standing GoT trend of noble second-born sons who underperform expectations (I know Bran got named king, but bleah anyways)

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
canadiaggie
AG
I will not stand for Stannis slander here

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.