*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,986 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
LPHA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to hold out on choosing who I think would win until after I see Cole's dragon
C@LAg
LPHA said:

I'm going to hold out on choosing who I think would win until after I see Cole's dragon
he is not a Targ/Valyrian . why would he get a dragon?

unless by "dragon" you meant his *****, and well, that is a whole different response there.
LPHA
AG
C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

That's the joke
C@LAg
LPHA said:

C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

That's the joke
he already rode one Dragon.
Breggy Popup
AG
C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

That's the joke

In Mother Westeros, dragon rides you.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

That's the joke
This is a pretty good save after you miss a joke
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El_duderino
That hits way too close to home
El_duderino
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Uh, your problem is you're watching on a freaking phone.

That's the last time I watch on a phone too. Watched on my tv today and had zero issues seeing anything the entire night time scene.
option short side
AG
Stive said:

I got the impression he was moving in to protect the Queen when she and Rhaenyra were facing off. It wasn't about the eye…that was earlier and he was still standing still when that happened. He didn't move until the ladies were attacking each other.

Makes sense. I just got the vibe that if it wasn't for the commander Cole would have taken that eye
Houston Lee
AG
Speaking of Dragons.

Who is going to get Laenor's dragon now that he is "dead"?
Quad Dog
AG
Rhaenyra's youngest?
Stive
AG
That's interesting:

If Laenor isn't "dead" would the dragon switch riders? I assume the dragon knows he isn't dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a good question actually. But my guess is one of the girls takes it.
powerbelly
AG
Stive said:

That's interesting:

If Laenor isn't "dead" would the dragon switch riders? I assume the dragon knows he isn't dead.
I doubt dragons care. Them accepting the rider seems to be the important part.
WestAustinAg
AG
Such a great episode. The best so far and imine if the best non-war episodes of the entire GOT.

The kid and the dragon. The intensity of the kid malay. Rhaenyra and Alicent face off for over their children, the opposing views of victimhood and righteousness. The battle lines are clearly laid out for everyone to see now.

The close in shot of the two former BFF's. King Viserys begging for everyone to go to bed about four times and then finally finding his limit.

Viserys is the dad who remarried and Dhaenyra is the child whose once was the apple of her father's eyes. Then the step monster arrived…at first Dad couldn't get enough of her and she pretended to like the kids but slowly exerting more and more control over her feeble husband. You can feel the ebb and flow of power and politics at the family level. Everyone knows what's happening but no one speaks of it. Over the long haul Daddy gets bored and annoyed with second wife and starts wishing for closer relationship with his daughter and brother. His wife is a ***** it turns out. Is it too late? Has the will been signed? Who will get the estate? The fight will go one long after Dad kicks the bucket.
C@LAg
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

C@LAg said:

LPHA said:

That's the joke
This is a pretty good save after you miss a joke
did I
LPHA
AG
Yes
rynning
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

…Wait so that was Laenor in the boat. did not catch that. I thought it was somebody to row the other dude. Now I recognize him. So does Rhaenyra know he was not killed? Or was that Daemons doing , or the guy faked it on. his own?
I was under the impression they faked it on their own. Do we know for sure?
AgsMnn
AG
rynning said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

…Wait so that was Laenor in the boat. did not catch that. I thought it was somebody to row the other dude. Now I recognize him. So does Rhaenyra know he was not killed? Or was that Daemons doing , or the guy faked it on. his own?

Daemon had to be in on it. Why stage a body?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I thought their voice over pretty well obviously indicated they were in on faking Laenors death, and were going to allow the "rumors" of their hand in it to increase their notoriety. Daemon asking Ser Qarl for a "quick death" I think was asking for a body to fake the death.

But regardless, their whole "we'll know the truth of it but our enemies won't. They will fear what else we might be capable of" gave it away IMO
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Funny how much heartache would've been avoided if they just married each other to begin with.
redline248
AG
Daemon had that pesky wife at the time, and Rhaenyra a pesky dad.
TexasStone
AgsMnn said:

rynning said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Daemon had to be in on it. Why stage a body?

My assumption after watching it had been that Daemon didn't know anything, he helped get the hired guy inside but then left to not be seen near the crime, maybe the guy he hired actually knew Laenor, they put on a quick show for the boy to go run to the guards so everyone would hear he was getting attacked and think he was the one dead after they staged it so he could disappear and go live how he has always wanted.
TCTTS
AG
Daemon was 100% in on it. He and Rhaenyra masterminded the whole thing.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Also, there is a quick scene during that whole sequence of a rando getting jumped and having his neck snapped in a sept with a bunch of candles. On rewatch it 100% was Daemon killing the random guy. The vic looked like he could pass for well-done Laenor
Phrasing
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Also, there is a quick scene during that whole sequence of a rando getting jumped and having his neck snapped in a sept with a bunch of candles. On rewatch it 100% was Daemon killing the random guy. The vic looked like he could pass for well-done Laenor

This. Daemon snapping that dudes neck and the voice over were the signs. Rhanerya wanted Leanor to be "free". He finally get to live his life. The downside is his parents grief thinking he is dead. I feel for Rhaneys.
Phrasing
AG
Also I think this goes to show Daemons and Rhanerya's mercy. They wanted him to live. Just more reason to be on team Targ.
PatAg
AG
I sometimes wonder how many people are just on their phones or something while they watch these shows.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. I don't mean to sound snobby or uber attentive or anything, but none of this was remotely a question for me. It was all right there on the screen.
tk for tu juan
This episode was a reminder that Thanksgiving with the extended family is coming up
tk for tu juan
BCG Disciple said:

A big thank you to this episode for not having a child birthing scene requiring this thread to s**t itself for the next week.

Fortunately the sound dept didn't bring back the spaghetti sound for the sex scene
PatAg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

BCG Disciple said:

A big thank you to this episode for not having a child birthing scene requiring this thread to s**t itself for the next week.

Fortunately the sound dept didn't bring back the spaghetti sound for the sex scene
Waiting for "I've been around a lot of knife fights, and it does NOT sound like that when someone has their eye slashed out"
PatAg
AG
On that note, I find this to be very dumb.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/house-of-the-dragon-viewers-outraged-scenes-too-dark-1235391259/

tk for tu juan
It was a pretty accurate recreation of being on a beach with just moonlight as the light source. Could see most of it on a OLED tv. What percentage of people complaining are probably still using the out of the box settings on their TV or watching on a mobile device?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.