*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,966 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I don't get how knowing these characters had kids is a spoiler at all. They reference these characters as their ancestors in GOT.

I mean, I could see discussing major plot lines with these kids being spoiler territory, but I don't see how this is a spoiler anymore than discussing the upcoming casting changes.

Wait there are Targaryens in GOT?????

Thanks a lot I haven't watched it yet!!!!!
cbr
AG
probably so, self awareness is not a strong modern american trait.

you all got triggered because i upset your world view with a joke. i responded to all the shrieking by pointing out your hypocrisy and intolerance. and explaining why i didnt really like this woman for the role.

you can call that triggered if you want.

anyway, anyone else that wants to can have the last word. i've made my point.
HossAg
AG
No don't you realize bro? We're all just a bunch of triggered libs here. It's probably our fault that he started complaining about the cast not being hot enough for his spank bank in the first place. That's on us tbh.
Goose06
AG

I don't get how knowing these characters had kids is a spoiler at all. They reference these characters as their ancestors in GOT.

I mean, I could see discussing major plot lines with these kids being spoiler territory, but I don't see how this is a spoiler anymore than discussing the upcoming casting changes.
Well she just married a gay dude so yeah I was curious if she would have kids. If she does, I was wondering if they would be his kids or someone elses. If they are someone elses will it be easily discerned by the rest of the world that she must have cheated on him?

Either way, I now realize it was in the previews and thats fair game for posting here so I am over it. However, if it was not from a a preview and was just someone posting book info, I would definitely think thats an unnecessary spoiler to share.
Lathspell
AG
Lol... same people who get triggered with any rant, claiming it's the other person who is triggered. Followed by the same arguments of, "you must care because you're posting here." You know... on a public forum thread dedicated to posting thoughts about anything connected with the show. Apparently, posting an opinion on a subject means you are completely obsessed with said subject.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
cbr said:

you all got triggered because i upset your world view with a joke. i responded to all the shrieking by pointing out your hypocrisy and intolerance. and explaining why i didnt really like this woman for the role.

bet?
TCTTS
AG
No one was triggered. It's just a bad look, watching a handful of Aggies publicly disparaging a woman's looks on the internet, in the year 2022, and a few of us noted as much. No one said you don't have the "right" to post your opinion, nor did anyone say you had to find her attractive, or agree with the way she chooses to express herself. We simply commented that it was somewhat cringeworthy to read, and expressed bewilderment at you becoming so unhinged over the matter, considering it affects your life in no way, shape, or form. That's it and that's all.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Goose06 said:

Well she just married a gay dude so yeah I was curious if she would have kids. If she does, I was wondering if they would be his kids or someone elses. If they are someone elses will it be easily discerned by the rest of the world that she must have cheated on him?

Either way, I now realize it was in the previews and thats fair game for posting here so I am over it. However, if it was not from a a preview and was just someone posting book info, I would definitely think thats an unnecessary spoiler to share.

Got you. I could definitely see discussing her relationships in episodes that haven't happened yet as spoiler territory.
boy09
AG
cbr said:

Lathspell
AG
Goose06 said:

I agree. I would rather have not read how many kids she's going to have. What if kid #2 is a difficult birth, and they try to build tension that she may die, like her mom did. All tension is lost for me, because now I know how many kids she has.
Kampfers
AG
I am done.

I am so done.

No but for real, I'm done this time.

I can't believe I have to say this, but I'm done.

I just want you all to know, I'm done.

Please guys, why do you keep posting. Don't you know I'm done?

Let me tell you how done I am.
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

cbr said:

yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it. and i think for a 10 year time jump they should have kept the first girl.

but i think it is pretty pathetic that such a brief joke made so many people here shriek at me to stfu.

being 'cancelled' by a bunch of shrieking, intolerant people here

who believe they are 'tolerant' because they accept her carefully cultivated and stereotyped world view, but are are literally quivering in rage and offended by my brief quip about it.

ironic and unfortunately now typical

You realize that after the twelfth rant telling us you don't give a f/ck, everyone here is picturing you as the triggered person in that meme, right?
Has the same energy of the hundreds of posts throughout the years on the football boards talking about how much people don't care about the sips
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Goose06 said:

I agree. I would rather have not read how many kids she's going to have. What if kid #2 is a difficult birth, and they try to build tension that she may die, like her mom did. All tension is lost for me, because now I know how many kids she has.

Ok the number was also part of the preview. Not a spoiler.

There is some wording in there that you might also object to since you apparently didn't key in on it. So I won't repeat it. But Allicent said 3.

Belton Ag
AG
45 new posts since I last saw the thread.

Opens the thread.

"Oh"

HossAg
AG
His self awareness to realize that the real triggered people are the ones that tell him to calm down after he goes on an unhinged rant about how much her appearance bothers him is truly incredible. I wish we could all be as un-triggered and self aware as him.
PatAg
AG
cbr said:

yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it. and i think for a 10 year time jump they should have kept the first girl.

but i think it is pretty pathetic that such a brief joke made so many people here shriek at me to stfu.

being 'cancelled' by a bunch of shrieking, intolerant people here

who believe they are 'tolerant' because they accept her carefully cultivated and stereotyped world view, but are are literally quivering in rage and offended by my brief quip about it.

ironic and unfortunately now typical

Now you have created a fantasy world where you are being cancelled due to your bravery.
Aggie87
AG
Goose06 said:

IIRC, when the two of them talked, she essentially told him that they could both lead their separate hush-hush love lives, but needed to just do what was necessary to have kids. Beyond that it was a marriage of convenience.
canadiaggie
AG
Ah shoot. Germans and the moon, huh
JJxvi
AG
She basically told him that they would "do their duty" for the realm or something similar.
WES2006AG
AG
Some people just can't handle being outside of F16.
Aggie87
AG
cbr said:

yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it.
Earlier you said she was "granted" this role (presumably instead of auditioning for it and earning it). Now you're saying she doesn't appreciate it, either.

How the hell do you know either of these things to be true?
Lathspell
AG
Aggie87 said:

cbr said:

yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it.
Earlier you said she was "granted" this role (presumably instead of auditioning for it and earning it). Now you're saying she doesn't appreciate it, either.

How the hell do you know either of these things to be true?
And now, it's everyone else who can't let it lie.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In other news...

I enjoyed the reference in the new season of Cobra Kai when Terry Silver is referred to as "Sensei Targaryen".
canadiaggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

45 new posts since I last saw the thread.

Opens the thread.

"Oh"

Sometimes I can't decide if this board is for the discussion of entertainment or the creation of it.
MW03
AG
If someone wants to emulate Marilyn Manson in 2022, I still find it less offensive than what Thom Browne did to Lebron

Ol Jock 99
AG
Are we still mad someone said kids?
combat wombat™
AG
Y'all know gay men have fathered children the old-fashioned way, right? They don't prefer to have sexual intercourse with females but they are, generally, capable of doing so.
Phrasing
AG
JJxvi said:

She basically told him that they would "do their duty" for the realm or something similar.
yeah something along the lines of since they both had different "appetites" then outside of their duty to the realm they would "dine as they saw fit" - wink wink. I like how she allowed for plausible deniability in case he was like "wTF woman????"
DannyDuberstein
AG
I announce that the new Rhaenyra actress shall heretofore be referred to as "Milly Sometimescock"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Phrasing said:

JJxvi said:

yeah something along the lines of since they both had different "appetites" then outside of their duty to the realm they would "dine as they saw fit" - wink wink. I like how she allowed for plausible deniability in case he was like "wTF woman????"

I think the issue was their appetites were far too similar.
cbr
AG
lol, so much for dead horses! look this place, ffs.
BCG Disciple
AG
Hey guys.

Last word.
Stive
AG
cbr said:

lol, so much for dead horses! look this place, ffs.

He couldn't help it! Had to say one more thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time I check back in this thread...

tk for tu juan
The evil spoiler clip that HBO posted. Warning: there is a kid in her arms, omg. I get the general idea of what is being hinted at in the clip, but I am sure discussing it would be frowned upon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.